FoodBanter.com

-   -   Avocado-Chartreuse mousse, something a bit different (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/3451-avocado-chartreuse-mousse-something.html)

pavane 08-01-2004 02:06 AM

Avocado-Chartreuse mousse, something a bit different

From The Nero Wolfe Cookbook by Rex Stout:

3 large ripe avocados
1 C sugar
4 T lime juice
2 T green Chartreuse
1/2 C heavy cream
6 slices lemon

Chill avocados, cut in half, remove pulp and reserve skins.
To the pulp add sugar, lime juice and Chartreuse, whip to a
smooth consistency. Return mixture to the skins, garnish
with a lemon slice, whip the cream and serve on the side.

Wayne Boatwright 08-01-2004 03:46 AM

Avocado-Chartreuse mousse, something a bit different

"pavane" > wrote in news:%W2Lb.138096
:

> From The Nero Wolfe Cookbook by Rex Stout:
>
> 3 large ripe avocados
> 1 C sugar
> 4 T lime juice
> 2 T green Chartreuse
> 1/2 C heavy cream
> 6 slices lemon
>
> Chill avocados, cut in half, remove pulp and reserve skins.
> To the pulp add sugar, lime juice and Chartreuse, whip to a
> smooth consistency. Return mixture to the skins, garnish
> with a lemon slice, whip the cream and serve on the side.

That sounds really delicious, given that I love every ingredient. I'd also
be inclined to try upping the cream to 1 or 1½ cups, blending it in and
freezing in an ice cream maker.

Wayne