Old 08-09-2004, 10:37 AM
PENMART01

Default After Burners

Afterburners

Serve with a spicy queso dip.

12 unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
12 jalapeņo peppers
6 bacon slices, halved lengthwise

Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
Cut a slit in each jalapeņo pepper; remove seeds and membranes. Carefully place
one shrimp in cavity of each pepper.

Wrap each pepper with 1 bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick. Place in a
jellyroll pan.

Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until bacon is
cooked. Serve warm.
---

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

Old 08-09-2004, 10:39 AM
kilikini

"PENMART01" wrote in message
Afterburners

Serve with a spicy queso dip.

12 unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
12 jalapeņo peppers
6 bacon slices, halved lengthwise

Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
Cut a slit in each jalapeņo pepper; remove seeds and membranes. Carefully

place
one shrimp in cavity of each pepper.

Wrap each pepper with 1 bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick. Place

in a
jellyroll pan.

Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until bacon

is
cooked. Serve warm.
---

..
They're good with a little cream cheese in the middle too.

kili

Old 08-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Glenn Jacobs

On 08 Sep 2004 09:37:51 GMT, PENMART01 wrote:

From:
(PENMART01)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: 08 Sep 2004 09:37:51 GMT
Subject: After Burners

Afterburners

Serve with a spicy queso dip.

12 unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
12 jalapeņo peppers
6 bacon slices, halved lengthwise

Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
Cut a slit in each jalapeņo pepper; remove seeds and membranes. Carefully place
one shrimp in cavity of each pepper.

Wrap each pepper with 1 bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick. Place in a
jellyroll pan.

Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until bacon is
cooked. Serve warm.
---

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

Those must be tiny shrimp (no pun intended, at least not much) or giant
Jalapeņos. Sounds good, but I wonder what would happen if you used a
larger pepper such as a Poblano or an Anaheim? And I wonder how it would
be with the Bacon inside the pepper with the shrimp. Food for thought!
Maybe I will give it a try, not soon though, if it comes out good will let
you know.

--
JakeInHartsel

If there is a God, let it be Bacchus!

Old 08-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Glenn Jacobs

On 08 Sep 2004 09:37:51 GMT, PENMART01 wrote:

From:
(PENMART01)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking

Old 08-09-2004, 05:39 PM
BFB

Glenn Jacobs wrote:

[...]

I suspect bacon inside wouldn't work well because the bacon would
steam since most of the the moisture would be trapped. The bacon would
soak in its own fat & be soggy. The outside wrapping is probably the
best option.

These do sound good though.

BFB
NYC

Old 08-09-2004, 05:44 PM
kilikini

"BFB" wrote in message
Glenn Jacobs wrote:

[...]

Alot of guys stuff the peppers with a sausage mixture and then wrap them
with bacon. The bacon seals the top of the pepper; IOW, instead of going
around the pepper, you put it across the top. Many, many people roast them
on the grill this way for added flavor.

These peppers are a frequent toppic in a couple of other Usenet groups I
frequent regularly and are affectionally called Atomic Turds, I suspect
because of their shape before roasting and what happens post eating. :~)

kili

Old 08-09-2004, 07:33 PM
Dan Abel

In article , Glenn Jacobs
wrote:

Jalapeņos. Sounds good, but I wonder what would happen if you used a
larger pepper such as a Poblano or an Anaheim? And I wonder how it would

That would be a chile rellano.

--
Dan Abel
Sonoma State University

Old 08-09-2004, 07:45 PM
PENMART01

These peppers are a frequent topic in a couple of other Usenet groups I
frequent regularly and are affectionately called Atomic Turds, I suspect
because of their shape before roasting and what happens post eating. :~)

kili

Wow, a gal after my own heart... you're deliciously disgusting! g

Old 08-09-2004, 09:40 PM
kilikini

"PENMART01" wrote in message
These peppers are a frequent topic in a couple of other Usenet groups I
frequent regularly and are affectionately called Atomic Turds, I suspect
because of their shape before roasting and what happens post eating. :~)

kili

Wow, a gal after my own heart... you're deliciously disgusting! g

Why thank (?) you sir! LOL

kili