PENMART01

Default After Burners

Afterburners

Serve with a spicy queso dip.

12 unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
12 jalapeņo peppers
6 bacon slices, halved lengthwise

Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
Cut a slit in each jalapeņo pepper; remove seeds and membranes. Carefully place
one shrimp in cavity of each pepper.

Wrap each pepper with 1 bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick. Place in a
jellyroll pan.

Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until bacon is
cooked. Serve warm.
---

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
kilikini

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> Afterburners
>
> Serve with a spicy queso dip.
>
> 12 unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
> 12 jalapeņo peppers
> 6 bacon slices, halved lengthwise
>
> Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
> Cut a slit in each jalapeņo pepper; remove seeds and membranes. Carefully

place
> one shrimp in cavity of each pepper.
>
> Wrap each pepper with 1 bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick. Place

in a
> jellyroll pan.
>
> Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until bacon

is
> cooked. Serve warm.
> ---

..
They're good with a little cream cheese in the middle too.

kili

kilikini

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> Afterburners
>
> Serve with a spicy queso dip.
>
> 12 unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
> 12 jalapeņo peppers
> 6 bacon slices, halved lengthwise
>
> Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
> Cut a slit in each jalapeņo pepper; remove seeds and membranes. Carefully

place
> one shrimp in cavity of each pepper.
>
> Wrap each pepper with 1 bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick. Place

in a
> jellyroll pan.
>
> Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until bacon

is
> cooked. Serve warm.
> ---

..
They're good with a little cream cheese in the middle too.

kili

kilikini

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> Afterburners
>
> Serve with a spicy queso dip.
>
> 12 unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
> 12 jalapeņo peppers
> 6 bacon slices, halved lengthwise
>
> Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
> Cut a slit in each jalapeņo pepper; remove seeds and membranes. Carefully

place
> one shrimp in cavity of each pepper.
>
> Wrap each pepper with 1 bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick. Place

in a
> jellyroll pan.
>
> Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until bacon

is
> cooked. Serve warm.
> ---

..
They're good with a little cream cheese in the middle too.

kili

Glenn Jacobs

On 08 Sep 2004 09:37:51 GMT, PENMART01 wrote:

> From:
(PENMART01)
> Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
> Date: 08 Sep 2004 09:37:51 GMT
> Subject: After Burners
>
> Afterburners
>
> Serve with a spicy queso dip.
>
> 12 unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
> 12 jalapeņo peppers
> 6 bacon slices, halved lengthwise
>
> Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
> Cut a slit in each jalapeņo pepper; remove seeds and membranes. Carefully place
> one shrimp in cavity of each pepper.
>
> Wrap each pepper with 1 bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick. Place in a
> jellyroll pan.
>
> Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until bacon is
> cooked. Serve warm.
> ---
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

Those must be tiny shrimp (no pun intended, at least not much) or giant
Jalapeņos. Sounds good, but I wonder what would happen if you used a
larger pepper such as a Poblano or an Anaheim? And I wonder how it would
be with the Bacon inside the pepper with the shrimp. Food for thought!
Maybe I will give it a try, not soon though, if it comes out good will let
you know.

--
JakeInHartsel

If there is a God, let it be Bacchus!

Glenn Jacobs

On 08 Sep 2004 09:37:51 GMT, PENMART01 wrote:

> From:
(PENMART01)
> Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
> Date: 08 Sep 2004 09:37:51 GMT
> Subject: After Burners
>
> Afterburners
>
> Serve with a spicy queso dip.
>
> 12 unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
> 12 jalapeņo peppers
> 6 bacon slices, halved lengthwise
>
> Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
> Cut a slit in each jalapeņo pepper; remove seeds and membranes. Carefully place
> one shrimp in cavity of each pepper.
>
> Wrap each pepper with 1 bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick. Place in a
> jellyroll pan.
>
> Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until bacon is
> cooked. Serve warm.
> ---
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

Those must be tiny shrimp (no pun intended, at least not much) or giant
Jalapeņos. Sounds good, but I wonder what would happen if you used a
larger pepper such as a Poblano or an Anaheim? And I wonder how it would
be with the Bacon inside the pepper with the shrimp. Food for thought!
Maybe I will give it a try, not soon though, if it comes out good will let
you know.

--
JakeInHartsel

If there is a God, let it be Bacchus!

BFB

Glenn Jacobs wrote:

> On 08 Sep 2004 09:37:51 GMT, PENMART01 wrote:
>>Afterburners
>>
>>Serve with a spicy queso dip.
>>
>>12 unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
>>12 jalapeņo peppers
>>6 bacon slices, halved lengthwise
>>
>>Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
>>Cut a slit in each jalapeņo pepper; remove seeds and membranes. Carefully place
>>one shrimp in cavity of each pepper.
>>
>>Wrap each pepper with 1 bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick. Place in a
>>jellyroll pan.
>>
>>Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until bacon is
>>cooked. Serve warm.

> Those must be tiny shrimp (no pun intended, at least not much) or giant
> Jalapeņos. Sounds good, but I wonder what would happen if you used a
> larger pepper such as a Poblano or an Anaheim? And I wonder how it would
> be with the Bacon inside the pepper with the shrimp. Food for thought!
> Maybe I will give it a try, not soon though, if it comes out good will let
> you know.

I suspect bacon inside wouldn't work well because the bacon would
steam since most of the the moisture would be trapped. The bacon would
soak in its own fat & be soggy. The outside wrapping is probably the
best option.

These do sound good though.

BFB
NYC

BFB

Glenn Jacobs wrote:

> On 08 Sep 2004 09:37:51 GMT, PENMART01 wrote:
>>Afterburners
>>
>>Serve with a spicy queso dip.
>>
>>12 unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
>>12 jalapeņo peppers
>>6 bacon slices, halved lengthwise
>>
>>Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
>>Cut a slit in each jalapeņo pepper; remove seeds and membranes. Carefully place
>>one shrimp in cavity of each pepper.
>>
>>Wrap each pepper with 1 bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick. Place in a
>>jellyroll pan.
>>
>>Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until bacon is
>>cooked. Serve warm.

> Those must be tiny shrimp (no pun intended, at least not much) or giant
> Jalapeņos. Sounds good, but I wonder what would happen if you used a
> larger pepper such as a Poblano or an Anaheim? And I wonder how it would
> be with the Bacon inside the pepper with the shrimp. Food for thought!
> Maybe I will give it a try, not soon though, if it comes out good will let
> you know.

I suspect bacon inside wouldn't work well because the bacon would
steam since most of the the moisture would be trapped. The bacon would
soak in its own fat & be soggy. The outside wrapping is probably the
best option.

These do sound good though.

BFB
NYC

kilikini

"BFB" > wrote in message
> Glenn Jacobs wrote:
>
> > On 08 Sep 2004 09:37:51 GMT, PENMART01 wrote:
> >>Afterburners
> >>
> >>Serve with a spicy queso dip.
> >>
> >>12 unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
> >>12 jalapeņo peppers
> >>6 bacon slices, halved lengthwise
> >>
> >>Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
> >>Cut a slit in each jalapeņo pepper; remove seeds and membranes.

Carefully place
> >>one shrimp in cavity of each pepper.
> >>
> >>Wrap each pepper with 1 bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick.

Place in a
> >>jellyroll pan.
> >>
> >>Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until bacon

is
> >>cooked. Serve warm.

> > Those must be tiny shrimp (no pun intended, at least not much) or giant
> > Jalapeņos. Sounds good, but I wonder what would happen if you used a
> > larger pepper such as a Poblano or an Anaheim? And I wonder how it

would
> > be with the Bacon inside the pepper with the shrimp. Food for thought!
> > Maybe I will give it a try, not soon though, if it comes out good will

let
> > you know.

> I suspect bacon inside wouldn't work well because the bacon would
> steam since most of the the moisture would be trapped. The bacon would
> soak in its own fat & be soggy. The outside wrapping is probably the
> best option.
>
> These do sound good though.
>
> BFB
> NYC

Alot of guys stuff the peppers with a sausage mixture and then wrap them
with bacon. The bacon seals the top of the pepper; IOW, instead of going
around the pepper, you put it across the top. Many, many people roast them
on the grill this way for added flavor.

These peppers are a frequent toppic in a couple of other Usenet groups I
frequent regularly and are affectionally called Atomic Turds, I suspect
because of their shape before roasting and what happens post eating. :~)

kili

kilikini

"BFB" > wrote in message
> Glenn Jacobs wrote:
>
> > On 08 Sep 2004 09:37:51 GMT, PENMART01 wrote:
> >>Afterburners
> >>
> >>Serve with a spicy queso dip.
> >>
> >>12 unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
> >>12 jalapeņo peppers
> >>6 bacon slices, halved lengthwise
> >>
> >>Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
> >>Cut a slit in each jalapeņo pepper; remove seeds and membranes.

Carefully place
> >>one shrimp in cavity of each pepper.
> >>
> >>Wrap each pepper with 1 bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick.

Place in a
> >>jellyroll pan.
> >>
> >>Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until bacon

is
> >>cooked. Serve warm.

> > Those must be tiny shrimp (no pun intended, at least not much) or giant
> > Jalapeņos. Sounds good, but I wonder what would happen if you used a
> > larger pepper such as a Poblano or an Anaheim? And I wonder how it

would
> > be with the Bacon inside the pepper with the shrimp. Food for thought!
> > Maybe I will give it a try, not soon though, if it comes out good will

let
> > you know.

> I suspect bacon inside wouldn't work well because the bacon would
> steam since most of the the moisture would be trapped. The bacon would
> soak in its own fat & be soggy. The outside wrapping is probably the
> best option.
>
> These do sound good though.
>
> BFB
> NYC

Alot of guys stuff the peppers with a sausage mixture and then wrap them
with bacon. The bacon seals the top of the pepper; IOW, instead of going
around the pepper, you put it across the top. Many, many people roast them
on the grill this way for added flavor.

These peppers are a frequent toppic in a couple of other Usenet groups I
frequent regularly and are affectionally called Atomic Turds, I suspect
because of their shape before roasting and what happens post eating. :~)

kili

Dan Abel

In article >, Glenn Jacobs
> wrote:

> Jalapeņos. Sounds good, but I wonder what would happen if you used a
> larger pepper such as a Poblano or an Anaheim? And I wonder how it would

That would be a chile rellano.

--
Dan Abel
Sonoma State University

Dan Abel

In article >, Glenn Jacobs
> wrote:

> Jalapeņos. Sounds good, but I wonder what would happen if you used a
> larger pepper such as a Poblano or an Anaheim? And I wonder how it would

That would be a chile rellano.

--
Dan Abel
Sonoma State University
AIS

PENMART01

>These peppers are a frequent topic in a couple of other Usenet groups I
>frequent regularly and are affectionately called Atomic Turds, I suspect
>because of their shape before roasting and what happens post eating. :~)
>
>kili

Wow, a gal after my own heart... you're deliciously disgusting! <g>

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>These peppers are a frequent topic in a couple of other Usenet groups I
>frequent regularly and are affectionately called Atomic Turds, I suspect
>because of their shape before roasting and what happens post eating. :~)
>
>kili

Wow, a gal after my own heart... you're deliciously disgusting! <g>

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
kilikini

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >These peppers are a frequent topic in a couple of other Usenet groups I
> >frequent regularly and are affectionately called Atomic Turds, I suspect
> >because of their shape before roasting and what happens post eating. :~)
> >
> >kili

> Wow, a gal after my own heart... you're deliciously disgusting! <g>

Why thank (?) you sir! LOL

kili

kilikini

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >These peppers are a frequent topic in a couple of other Usenet groups I
> >frequent regularly and are affectionately called Atomic Turds, I suspect
> >because of their shape before roasting and what happens post eating. :~)
> >
> >kili

> Wow, a gal after my own heart... you're deliciously disgusting! <g>

Why thank (?) you sir! LOL

kili

Glenn Jacobs

On 08 Sep 2004 09:37:51 GMT, PENMART01 wrote:

> From:
(PENMART01)
> Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
> Date: 08 Sep 2004 09:37:51 GMT
> Subject: After Burners
>
> Afterburners
>
> Serve with a spicy queso dip.
>
> 12 unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
> 12 jalapeņo peppers
> 6 bacon slices, halved lengthwise
>
> Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
> Cut a slit in each jalapeņo pepper; remove seeds and membranes. Carefully place
> one shrimp in cavity of each pepper.
>
> Wrap each pepper with 1 bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick. Place in a
> jellyroll pan.
>
> Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until bacon is
> cooked. Serve warm.
> ---
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

It just occured to me that you eat the schrimp and the pepper. Not sure I
like that the pepper would over power the schrimp. Better cook it then
remove the schrimp. If you want to eat the whole thing fill the pepper
with peanut butter, it is strong enough to stand up to the taste of the
pepper.

And by the way why do you say boycott France. If we would have listened to
them Bush would not have got us in the mess he did. And the French have
easily forgotten more than tan the US ever new about food and cooking.

--
JakeInHartsel

If there is a God, let it be Bacchus!

Glenn Jacobs