GoombaP

Default Hot fudge

There are thousands of recipes available. What's your absolutely,
positively, most sinfully delicious hot fudge sauce? Mmmm.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "GoombaP"
> wrote:

> There are thousands of recipes available. What's your absolutely,
> positively, most sinfully delicious hot fudge sauce? Mmmm.

When I get an urge, I melt about 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips in
the microwave with some corn syrup (a tablespoon?), stir it smooth, and
then add some sweetened condensed milk. Until it's the consistency I
like. I suppose I should see if I've got the particulars written down
anywhere for more. I think a 6-oz bag of chips (do they still come that
small?) and about 1/4 cup corn syrup and a 15 oz can (if it's still that
size) condensed milk. Great on vanilla ice cream. FWIW.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 9/2/04; check the Fairs Fare tab.

Charles Gifford

"GoombaP" > wrote in message
> There are thousands of recipes available. What's your absolutely,
> positively, most sinfully delicious hot fudge sauce? Mmmm.

This is my favorite Hot Fudge sauce.

Charliam

HOT FUDGE SAUCE

Source: Gourmet, December 1991

3 tbs. unsalted butter, cut into bits
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
1/3 cup heavy cream
pinch of salt

In a saucepan, combine all ingredients and simmer the mixture, stirring,
until the sugar is melted and the sauce is smooth. Serve hot. Makes about 1
cup.

Note: the sauce can be made 1 week in advance, kept covered and chilled and
reheated over low heat.

Charles Gifford

"GoombaP" > wrote in message
> There are thousands of recipes available. What's your absolutely,
> positively, most sinfully delicious hot fudge sauce? Mmmm.

This is my favorite Hot Fudge sauce.

Charliam

HOT FUDGE SAUCE

Source: Gourmet, December 1991

3 tbs. unsalted butter, cut into bits
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
1/3 cup heavy cream
pinch of salt

In a saucepan, combine all ingredients and simmer the mixture, stirring,
until the sugar is melted and the sauce is smooth. Serve hot. Makes about 1
cup.

Note: the sauce can be made 1 week in advance, kept covered and chilled and
reheated over low heat.

Charles Gifford

"GoombaP" > wrote in message
> There are thousands of recipes available. What's your absolutely,
> positively, most sinfully delicious hot fudge sauce? Mmmm.

This is my favorite Hot Fudge sauce.

Charliam

HOT FUDGE SAUCE

Source: Gourmet, December 1991

3 tbs. unsalted butter, cut into bits
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
1/3 cup heavy cream
pinch of salt

In a saucepan, combine all ingredients and simmer the mixture, stirring,
until the sugar is melted and the sauce is smooth. Serve hot. Makes about 1
cup.

Note: the sauce can be made 1 week in advance, kept covered and chilled and
reheated over low heat.

richard green

"Charles Gifford" > wrote in message
> This is my favorite Hot Fudge sauce.

I can see why :-)
I wonder what it would be like if you caramelised the sugar? Something
different, no doubt. I like the following recipe from Stephanie Alexander
where the sugar IS caramelised, but doesn't have the cocoa.

Richard.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Butterscotch Sauce

1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup boiling water
50 gms unsalted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
few drops pure vainlla
100 mls thick cream

Dissolve the white sugar in a saucepan over gentle heat and cook until
golden. Pour on the water and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and stir
in the butter and brown sugar. Return to heat and stir until mixture is
smooth and brown sugar has dissolved. Stir in vanilla and cream.

Contributor: Stephanie Alexander."The Cook's Companion"

richard green

"Charles Gifford" > wrote in message
> This is my favorite Hot Fudge sauce.

I can see why :-)
I wonder what it would be like if you caramelised the sugar? Something
different, no doubt. I like the following recipe from Stephanie Alexander
where the sugar IS caramelised, but doesn't have the cocoa.

Richard.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Butterscotch Sauce

1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup boiling water
50 gms unsalted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
few drops pure vainlla
100 mls thick cream

Dissolve the white sugar in a saucepan over gentle heat and cook until
golden. Pour on the water and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and stir
in the butter and brown sugar. Return to heat and stir until mixture is
smooth and brown sugar has dissolved. Stir in vanilla and cream.

Contributor: Stephanie Alexander."The Cook's Companion"

Charles Gifford

"richard green" > wrote in message

> "Charles Gifford" > wrote in message
> > This is my favorite Hot Fudge sauce.

> I can see why :-)
> I wonder what it would be like if you caramelised the sugar? Something
> different, no doubt. I like the following recipe from Stephanie Alexander
> where the sugar IS caramelised, but doesn't have the cocoa.
>
> Richard.
>
> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
> Butterscotch Sauce

<SNIP>

Nice looking recipe! Thanks!

Charliam

Charles Gifford

"richard green" > wrote in message

> "Charles Gifford" > wrote in message
> > This is my favorite Hot Fudge sauce.

> I can see why :-)
> I wonder what it would be like if you caramelised the sugar? Something
> different, no doubt. I like the following recipe from Stephanie Alexander
> where the sugar IS caramelised, but doesn't have the cocoa.
>
> Richard.
>
> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
> Butterscotch Sauce

<SNIP>

Nice looking recipe! Thanks!

Charliam

Oh, Fudge! Terry Pulliam Burd[_4_] General Cooking 1 06-07-2010 04:57 PM
fudge vicki nixon Baking 3 01-11-2005 08:21 PM
Fudge Anna Free Recipes (moderated) 0 24-09-2005 12:54 PM
fudge bill Chocolate 0 06-05-2005 09:24 AM