J.J. in WA

Our pal "Charles Gifford" > wrote:
> "Glomis" > wrote in message
> >
> > I have never hunted or tasted deer meat. There aren't any deer in my

> area.
> > In fact that's why there are so many moose. Deer carries a parasite that

> is
> > lethal to moose. A population of deer generally severly limits moose
> > populations.

> This has been an interesting thread. Just a small note, but moose are deer.

They don't taste the same though, IIRC. It's been a long time since
I had moose, but I remember that I *loved* moose loaf sandwiches and
the other kids at school found it fascinating...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF
Charles Gifford

"Glomis" > wrote in message

> Well strictly speaking the moose is largest member of the deer family, you
> are right there. But they are a different species,

and certainly, they have
> a very different appearance.

I did say it was just a small note. :-) They are indeed different species -
not only that but they are in a different Genus as well. Moose are often
known as elk in Europe BTW.

Charliam

Charles Gifford