Nancy Young

Default Rainforest Cafe

We went to Atlantic City today. Nice drive, beautiful weather,
what the heck. I dropped $5 into a quarter poker machine, kept
most of that and decided, so what's for lunch? Let's go over
to Caesars.

Walked outside, man, who turned up the heat? All of a sudden,
where there was nothing, there was Rainforest Cafe. Huh. This
wasn't here before. The woman who seated us said something about
being new (the restaurant) and I didn't think she heard me when
I said, I didn't think this was here before. She turned around,
this was the Warner Brother's store. Oh! Was kinda funny.

At any rate, it was a lot of fun. Many tanks of beautiful
sal****er fish, lots of flora and fauna (fake, no doubt) and
moving rainforest animals that put on a show. Then there was
a thunder and lightning storm (no, they didn't include the rain)
and I wondered, doesn't this scare kids? Sure enough, plenty
of crying ensued. The animated elephants were terrific.

I had my usual fajitas, food was quite good. No complaints there.

Little mixup with the check (as in, we got someone else's), but
it was a fun lunch.

nancy
CJB

previously in rfc, Nancy Young > wrote:

-==snippity snip==-

>All of a sudden,
> where there was nothing, there was Rainforest Cafe. Huh. This
> wasn't here before. The woman who seated us said something about
> being new (the restaurant) and I didn't think she heard me when
> I said, I didn't think this was here before. She turned around,
> this was the Warner Brother's store. Oh! Was kinda funny.
>
> At any rate, it was a lot of fun. Many tanks of beautiful
> sal****er fish, lots of flora and fauna (fake, no doubt) and
> moving rainforest animals that put on a show. Then there was
> a thunder and lightning storm (no, they didn't include the rain)
> and I wondered, doesn't this scare kids? Sure enough, plenty
> of crying ensued. The animated elephants were terrific.
>
> I had my usual fajitas, food was quite good. No complaints there.

I went with my young nephews to the Rainforest Cafe in Phoenix a few years
ago. We had a great time, although none of us got to eat much because we
were following the boys around the animal displays...I remember bringing my
bbq sauce/chicken pizza back to the hotel. It was really good. Haven't
been back since, but have used the memory of that pizza to serve up similar
here many times - huge flour tortilla, bbq sauce, chopped garlic, shredded
chicken, cheddar cheese, chopped scallions, bake, voila!

-Claudia
Nancy Young

CJB wrote:

> previously in rfc, Nancy Young > wrote:

> I went with my young nephews to the Rainforest Cafe in Phoenix a few years
> ago. We had a great time, although none of us got to eat much because we
> were following the boys around the animal displays...I remember bringing my
> bbq sauce/chicken pizza back to the hotel.

(laugh) That's funny. It really was cool.

> It was really good. Haven't
> been back since, but have used the memory of that pizza to serve up similar
> here many times - huge flour tortilla, bbq sauce, chopped garlic, shredded
> chicken, cheddar cheese, chopped scallions, bake, voila!

Wow, I should have had that. Maybe. I really didn't read the menu
thoroughly. I did notice *enormous* desserts called Volcanos being
delivered around me.

I forgot to say, Ron had a fish platter that had an outstanding crab
cake (almost all crab), flounder and coconut shrimp. Obviously I
cannot speak for all of the restaurants in the chain, and I'm not
saying there aren't better restaurants, but only commenting on how
pleasantly surprised I was with the quality.

Heh, I made my usual silly observation, hmmm, assuming they close
at night, do they have one switch that shuts off all of the animated
gorillas and chimps? or do they have to turn them off one by one?
Ron says, yeah, then do the fish say ... hey! Where is everyone!?
(laughing)

nancy
Nancy Young

Nancy Young > wrote:

> I had my usual fajitas, food was quite good. No complaints there.

> Little mixup with the check (as in, we got someone else's), but
> it was a fun lunch.

To each his or her own. A few years ago, I was part of a group of at least
twelve people who ate dinner at the Rainforest Cafe in the Franklin Mills
Mall, which is in Philadelphia. The dinner was in honor of a friends kids
who have their birthday a few weeks apart. The two boys who were the
guests of honor had a great time, but everyone else hated the place.

The noise from the forestry props and from the many young kids was
deafening. We could barely hear ourselves talk. We had to shout our food
order to the waitress and she had to shout at us so we could hear her. The
food there was overpriced and mediocre, which probably explains why the
Rainforest Cafe in the Franklin Mills Mall went out of business. The
service was fine, but good service alone can't sustain a restaurant.

I think most of those heavily themed restaurants are overrated. I place
the Planet Hollywood chain, Hooters, ESP Cafe, and the Hard Rock Cafe in
the same boat. Great theming, but lousy overpriced food.

Nancy Young > wrote:

> I had my usual fajitas, food was quite good. No complaints there.

> Little mixup with the check (as in, we got someone else's), but
> it was a fun lunch.

To each his or her own. A few years ago, I was part of a group of at least
twelve people who ate dinner at the Rainforest Cafe in the Franklin Mills
Mall, which is in Philadelphia. The dinner was in honor of a friends kids
who have their birthday a few weeks apart. The two boys who were the
guests of honor had a great time, but everyone else hated the place.

The noise from the forestry props and from the many young kids was
deafening. We could barely hear ourselves talk. We had to shout our food
order to the waitress and she had to shout at us so we could hear her. The
food there was overpriced and mediocre, which probably explains why the
Rainforest Cafe in the Franklin Mills Mall went out of business. The
service was fine, but good service alone can't sustain a restaurant.

I think most of those heavily themed restaurants are overrated. I place
the Planet Hollywood chain, Hooters, ESP Cafe, and the Hard Rock Cafe in
the same boat. Great theming, but lousy overpriced food.

Gregory Morrow

Stan wrote:

> I think most of those heavily themed restaurants are overrated. I place
> the Planet Hollywood chain, Hooters, ESP Cafe, and the Hard Rock Cafe in
> the same boat. Great theming, but lousy overpriced food.

I agree with this psot.

RFC is owned by Landry's, a Texas outfit. One of their other "concept"
eateries is the GAWDAWFUL Joe's Crab Shack, where I had the worst resto meal
of my life last summer (I posted my www.chowhound.com review of it here,
google it if interested). Their Chicago location is now closed ("GOOD
riddance to BAD rubbish!"), the space replaced by another resto.

Even Landry's corny site sux - BIG time:

http://www.landrysrestaurants.com/home.htm

I could maybe see going to RFC if I was on a gambling jaunt (like Nancy)
just for the "experience" of it, surely they could make a decent burger.
But a birthday dinner? No way. I'm getting old and crabby and I simply
won't abide loud noise or loose kids in restauarants anymore.

But they have a money - making concept, that's fer sure. I've had out of
towners stop me on the street here in Chicago and ask "Where is the Rain
Forest Cafe?". Such a place now ranks in it's own right as a tourist
destination...there's a bunch of such places grouped on the Near North Side
here, and the places are busy as heck all the time. "Hey! Let's visit
Chicago and visit the Sears Tower and the Art Insitute and the Rain Forest
Cafe and the ESPN Zone!". I know a lot of people from small towns who would
be pretty thrilled to go there....

--
Best
Greg "grew up in a cornfield"

Gregory Morrow

Stan wrote:

> I think most of those heavily themed restaurants are overrated. I place
> the Planet Hollywood chain, Hooters, ESP Cafe, and the Hard Rock Cafe in
> the same boat. Great theming, but lousy overpriced food.

I agree with this psot.

RFC is owned by Landry's, a Texas outfit. One of their other "concept"
eateries is the GAWDAWFUL Joe's Crab Shack, where I had the worst resto meal
of my life last summer (I posted my www.chowhound.com review of it here,
google it if interested). Their Chicago location is now closed ("GOOD
riddance to BAD rubbish!"), the space replaced by another resto.

Even Landry's corny site sux - BIG time:

http://www.landrysrestaurants.com/home.htm

I could maybe see going to RFC if I was on a gambling jaunt (like Nancy)
just for the "experience" of it, surely they could make a decent burger.
But a birthday dinner? No way. I'm getting old and crabby and I simply
won't abide loud noise or loose kids in restauarants anymore.

But they have a money - making concept, that's fer sure. I've had out of
towners stop me on the street here in Chicago and ask "Where is the Rain
Forest Cafe?". Such a place now ranks in it's own right as a tourist
destination...there's a bunch of such places grouped on the Near North Side
here, and the places are busy as heck all the time. "Hey! Let's visit
Chicago and visit the Sears Tower and the Art Insitute and the Rain Forest
Cafe and the ESPN Zone!". I know a lot of people from small towns who would
be pretty thrilled to go there....

--
Best
Greg "grew up in a cornfield"

Michel Boucher

"Gregory Morrow" >
wrote in nk.net:

> Even Landry's corny site sux - BIG time:
>
> http://www.landrysrestaurants.com/home.htm

Cadillac Authentic Mexican????? What is the connection there?

Cadillac is the name of a distant collateral of mine, Antoine de la
Mothe Cadillac, sieur de Pontchartrain. Yes, the very same who founded
Le détroit and was governor of Louisiane. He married the granddaughter
of one of two of my ancestors, François Boucher and Jehan Guyon.

--

German to Picasso in front of Guernica: Did you do this?
Picasso to German in front of Guernica: No, it was you.
Michel Boucher

"Gregory Morrow" >
wrote in nk.net:

> Even Landry's corny site sux - BIG time:
>
> http://www.landrysrestaurants.com/home.htm

Cadillac Authentic Mexican????? What is the connection there?

Cadillac is the name of a distant collateral of mine, Antoine de la
Mothe Cadillac, sieur de Pontchartrain. Yes, the very same who founded
Le détroit and was governor of Louisiane. He married the granddaughter
of one of two of my ancestors, François Boucher and Jehan Guyon.

--

German to Picasso in front of Guernica: Did you do this?
Picasso to German in front of Guernica: No, it was you.
Michel Boucher

Michel Boucher > wrote in
:

*** CORRECTION ***

--
German to Picasso in front of Guernica: Did you do this?
Picasso to German in front of Guernica: No, it was you.
Michel Boucher

Michel Boucher > wrote in
:

*** CORRECTION ***

--
German to Picasso in front of Guernica: Did you do this?
Picasso to German in front of Guernica: No, it was you.

Michel Boucher

Michel Boucher > wrote in
:

*** CORRECTION ***

--
German to Picasso in front of Guernica: Did you do this?
Picasso to German in front of Guernica: No, it was you.
Gregory Morrow

Michel Boucher wrote:

> "Gregory Morrow" >
> wrote in nk.net:
>
> > Even Landry's corny site sux - BIG time:
> >
> > http://www.landrysrestaurants.com/home.htm

> Cadillac Authentic Mexican????? What is the connection there?
>
> Cadillac is the name of a distant collateral of mine, Antoine de la
> Mothe Cadillac, sieur de Pontchartrain. Yes, the very same who founded
> Le détroit and was governor of Louisiane. He married the granddaughter
> of one of two of my ancestors, François Boucher and Jehan Guyon.

Hey Michel give 'em a ring - maybe they'll give you a discount coupon or
something ;o)

Obviously the name "Cadillac" is not a copyrighted brand name, correct? At
least I guess you couldn't name a non - GM car a Cadillac but you can use
the name for a resto....

Wouldn't it be cool if GM's luxury make had been named Boucher instead of
Cadillac? Imagine the possibilities: "Boucher - Standard of the
World"..."Introducing the new 1957 Boucher Fleetwood 75
Limousine"....Marilyn Monroe in _How To Marry A Millionaire_ in that scene
when her, Betty Grable, and Lauren Bacall are sitting around their terrace
and dreaming of what rich guys they'd they marry, Marilyn dreamily saying
"And I'd like to marry Mr. Boucher!". They respond "But there isn't any Mr.
Boucher!", to which Marilyn responds "Well, I can dream, can't I...???".

--
Best
Greg

Gregory Morrow

Michel Boucher wrote:

> "Gregory Morrow" >
> wrote in nk.net:
>
> > Even Landry's corny site sux - BIG time:
> >
> > http://www.landrysrestaurants.com/home.htm

> Cadillac Authentic Mexican????? What is the connection there?
>
> Cadillac is the name of a distant collateral of mine, Antoine de la
> Mothe Cadillac, sieur de Pontchartrain. Yes, the very same who founded
> Le détroit and was governor of Louisiane. He married the granddaughter
> of one of two of my ancestors, François Boucher and Jehan Guyon.

Hey Michel give 'em a ring - maybe they'll give you a discount coupon or
something ;o)

Obviously the name "Cadillac" is not a copyrighted brand name, correct? At
least I guess you couldn't name a non - GM car a Cadillac but you can use
the name for a resto....

Wouldn't it be cool if GM's luxury make had been named Boucher instead of
Cadillac? Imagine the possibilities: "Boucher - Standard of the
World"..."Introducing the new 1957 Boucher Fleetwood 75
Limousine"....Marilyn Monroe in _How To Marry A Millionaire_ in that scene
when her, Betty Grable, and Lauren Bacall are sitting around their terrace
and dreaming of what rich guys they'd they marry, Marilyn dreamily saying
"And I'd like to marry Mr. Boucher!". They respond "But there isn't any Mr.
Boucher!", to which Marilyn responds "Well, I can dream, can't I...???".

--
Best
Greg

Michel Boucher

"Gregory Morrow" >
wrote in ink.net:

> Obviously the name "Cadillac" is not a copyrighted brand name,
> correct?

It's a family name in France:

Charles Laumet dit Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac
Huteau de Cadillac

Cadillac is a town in the Bordeaux region where they produce a white
wine bearing the name Cadillac. It is suggested by locals that
Charles Laumet was not born in Cadillac but he borrowed the name from
another family. On the whole, Charles Laumet's reputation was
tarnished in France because of a disagreement with the Jesuits as to
the management of the colony, where he favoured miscegenation and the
Jesuits opposed it. Upon his return to France, he was arrested,
presumably to force him to turn over his possessions of mines in the
Louisiane to the Crown.

A similar thing happened to François Bigot, the last intendant at
Québec. Although he never failed to supply troops during the Seven
Years War and sometimes resorted to paying them directly from his
personal purse due to cash shortages, he was arrested upon his return
to France and forced to turn over 2/3 of his sizeable fortune to the
Crown (a sum of 1 million livres), or be imprisoned under a new law
that forbade officials from deriving personal profit from their
appointments. The law was passed *after* he had returned to France,
but applied to his situation which was antecedent, obviously aimed at
divesting him of this fortune.

Bigot, disgusted, moved to Switzerland and never set foot in France
again.

--

German to Picasso in front of Guernica: Did you do this?
Picasso to German in front of Guernica: No, it was you.
Michel Boucher

"Gregory Morrow" >
wrote in ink.net:

> Obviously the name "Cadillac" is not a copyrighted brand name,
> correct?

It's a family name in France:

Charles Laumet dit Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac
Huteau de Cadillac

Cadillac is a town in the Bordeaux region where they produce a white
wine bearing the name Cadillac. It is suggested by locals that
Charles Laumet was not born in Cadillac but he borrowed the name from
another family. On the whole, Charles Laumet's reputation was
tarnished in France because of a disagreement with the Jesuits as to
the management of the colony, where he favoured miscegenation and the
Jesuits opposed it. Upon his return to France, he was arrested,
presumably to force him to turn over his possessions of mines in the
Louisiane to the Crown.

A similar thing happened to François Bigot, the last intendant at
Québec. Although he never failed to supply troops during the Seven
Years War and sometimes resorted to paying them directly from his
personal purse due to cash shortages, he was arrested upon his return
to France and forced to turn over 2/3 of his sizeable fortune to the
Crown (a sum of 1 million livres), or be imprisoned under a new law
that forbade officials from deriving personal profit from their
appointments. The law was passed *after* he had returned to France,
but applied to his situation which was antecedent, obviously aimed at
divesting him of this fortune.

Bigot, disgusted, moved to Switzerland and never set foot in France
again.

--

German to Picasso in front of Guernica: Did you do this?
Picasso to German in front of Guernica: No, it was you.

Chloe

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in
message nk.net...

> RFC is owned by Landry's, a Texas outfit. One of their other "concept"
> eateries is the GAWDAWFUL Joe's Crab Shack, where I had the worst resto
> meal
> of my life last summer (I posted my www.chowhound.com review of it here,
> google it if interested). Their Chicago location is now closed ("GOOD
> riddance to BAD rubbish!"), the space replaced by another resto.

<snip>

Although I don't think I really qualify as a foodie, I'm as cranky as the
next person when it comes to sub-par chain restaurant food and service. The
Joe's in the town where I lived until about 3 years ago was so bad I don't
know how or why they stayed open--the parking lot was consistently almost
deserted even on Friday and Saturday nights. OTOH, a couple months ago I had
quite a decent--if relatively plain--meal at the one where I live now. Main
dish was breaded, fried oysters which tasted quite fresh and were cooked to
a perfect degree of doneness. There was some kind of potato thing--maybe
smashed--which were very tasty, too.

The decor is kind of nauseating, and DH and I were glad to be finished up
and leaving shortly after 6 p.m., when the servers formed into some kind of
long conga line and circled through the restaurant singing something I've
mercifully erased from my memory. I was embarrassed for them.

Chloe

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in
message nk.net...

> RFC is owned by Landry's, a Texas outfit. One of their other "concept"
> eateries is the GAWDAWFUL Joe's Crab Shack, where I had the worst resto
> meal
> of my life last summer (I posted my www.chowhound.com review of it here,
> google it if interested). Their Chicago location is now closed ("GOOD
> riddance to BAD rubbish!"), the space replaced by another resto.

<snip>

Although I don't think I really qualify as a foodie, I'm as cranky as the
next person when it comes to sub-par chain restaurant food and service. The
Joe's in the town where I lived until about 3 years ago was so bad I don't
know how or why they stayed open--the parking lot was consistently almost
deserted even on Friday and Saturday nights. OTOH, a couple months ago I had
quite a decent--if relatively plain--meal at the one where I live now. Main
dish was breaded, fried oysters which tasted quite fresh and were cooked to
a perfect degree of doneness. There was some kind of potato thing--maybe
smashed--which were very tasty, too.

The decor is kind of nauseating, and DH and I were glad to be finished up
and leaving shortly after 6 p.m., when the servers formed into some kind of
long conga line and circled through the restaurant singing something I've
mercifully erased from my memory. I was embarrassed for them.

Chloe

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in
message nk.net...

> RFC is owned by Landry's, a Texas outfit. One of their other "concept"
> eateries is the GAWDAWFUL Joe's Crab Shack, where I had the worst resto
> meal
> of my life last summer (I posted my www.chowhound.com review of it here,
> google it if interested). Their Chicago location is now closed ("GOOD
> riddance to BAD rubbish!"), the space replaced by another resto.

<snip>

Although I don't think I really qualify as a foodie, I'm as cranky as the
next person when it comes to sub-par chain restaurant food and service. The
Joe's in the town where I lived until about 3 years ago was so bad I don't
know how or why they stayed open--the parking lot was consistently almost
deserted even on Friday and Saturday nights. OTOH, a couple months ago I had
quite a decent--if relatively plain--meal at the one where I live now. Main
dish was breaded, fried oysters which tasted quite fresh and were cooked to
a perfect degree of doneness. There was some kind of potato thing--maybe
smashed--which were very tasty, too.

The decor is kind of nauseating, and DH and I were glad to be finished up
and leaving shortly after 6 p.m., when the servers formed into some kind of
long conga line and circled through the restaurant singing something I've
mercifully erased from my memory. I was embarrassed for them.

Nancy Young

Gregory Morrow wrote:

> Stan wrote:
>
> > I think most of those heavily themed restaurants are overrated. I place
> > the Planet Hollywood chain, Hooters, ESP Cafe, and the Hard Rock Cafe in
> > the same boat. Great theming, but lousy overpriced food.

> I could maybe see going to RFC if I was on a gambling jaunt (like Nancy)
> just for the "experience" of it, surely they could make a decent burger.

Oh, it was great to see it, it was just right there. Atlantic City,
I feel like you have to carry a dousing stick to find a place that
I will like.

Would I wake up one day and say, let's go to Rain Forest today!!!
No. But I have to say, the food was surprisingly quite good. Very
fresh and very nicely presented. Very nice guacamole and other
condiments, the chicken was nicely grilled, the service was terrific,
I have no complaints. And a fish platter that was faultless.

Yes, it did occur to me that if you worked there, you should be
concerned about your hearing. The fountain alone was quite loud.
(laugh) I did see one couple sitting right by it getting a facial.
Probably thought, did we take a wrong turn and wind up in Niagara
Falls?

I didn't find it to be inordinately pricy.

nancy
Nancy Young

Gregory Morrow wrote:

> Stan wrote:
>
> > I think most of those heavily themed restaurants are overrated. I place
> > the Planet Hollywood chain, Hooters, ESP Cafe, and the Hard Rock Cafe in
> > the same boat. Great theming, but lousy overpriced food.

> I could maybe see going to RFC if I was on a gambling jaunt (like Nancy)
> just for the "experience" of it, surely they could make a decent burger.

Oh, it was great to see it, it was just right there. Atlantic City,
I feel like you have to carry a dousing stick to find a place that
I will like.

Would I wake up one day and say, let's go to Rain Forest today!!!
No. But I have to say, the food was surprisingly quite good. Very
fresh and very nicely presented. Very nice guacamole and other
condiments, the chicken was nicely grilled, the service was terrific,
I have no complaints. And a fish platter that was faultless.

Yes, it did occur to me that if you worked there, you should be
concerned about your hearing. The fountain alone was quite loud.
(laugh) I did see one couple sitting right by it getting a facial.
Probably thought, did we take a wrong turn and wind up in Niagara
Falls?

I didn't find it to be inordinately pricy.

nancy

Nancy Young

Gregory Morrow wrote:

> Stan wrote:
>
> > I think most of those heavily themed restaurants are overrated. I place
> > the Planet Hollywood chain, Hooters, ESP Cafe, and the Hard Rock Cafe in
> > the same boat. Great theming, but lousy overpriced food.

> I could maybe see going to RFC if I was on a gambling jaunt (like Nancy)
> just for the "experience" of it, surely they could make a decent burger.

Oh, it was great to see it, it was just right there. Atlantic City,
I feel like you have to carry a dousing stick to find a place that
I will like.

Would I wake up one day and say, let's go to Rain Forest today!!!
No. But I have to say, the food was surprisingly quite good. Very
fresh and very nicely presented. Very nice guacamole and other
condiments, the chicken was nicely grilled, the service was terrific,
I have no complaints. And a fish platter that was faultless.

Yes, it did occur to me that if you worked there, you should be
concerned about your hearing. The fountain alone was quite loud.
(laugh) I did see one couple sitting right by it getting a facial.
Probably thought, did we take a wrong turn and wind up in Niagara
Falls?

I didn't find it to be inordinately pricy.

nancy
Puester

Chloe wrote:

> "Gregory Morrow" > wrote in
> message nk.net...
> >
> > RFC is owned by Landry's, a Texas outfit. One of their other "concept"
> > eateries is the GAWDAWFUL Joe's Crab Shack, where I had the worst resto
> > meal

> Although I don't think I really qualify as a foodie, I'm as cranky as the
> next person when it comes to sub-par chain restaurant food and service. The
> Joe's in the town where I lived until about 3 years ago was so bad I don't
> know how or why they stayed open--the parking lot was consistently almost
> deserted even on Friday and Saturday nights. OTOH, a couple months ago I had
> quite a decent--if relatively plain--meal at the one where I live now.

> The decor is kind of nauseating, and DH and I were glad to be finished up
> and leaving shortly after 6 p.m., when the servers formed into some kind of
> long conga line and circled through the restaurant singing something I've
> mercifully erased from my memory. I was embarrassed for them.

The only time we've eaten at Joe's, about 5 yrs. ago, the staff
leapt onto the tabletops at a signal (honest to God!) and began
singing and dancing the Macarena. It was disturbing enough to
convince us not to go back, even if they began serving two pound
lobsters for $3.99.

gloria p
Puester

Chloe wrote:

> "Gregory Morrow" > wrote in
> message nk.net...
> >
> > RFC is owned by Landry's, a Texas outfit. One of their other "concept"
> > eateries is the GAWDAWFUL Joe's Crab Shack, where I had the worst resto
> > meal

> Although I don't think I really qualify as a foodie, I'm as cranky as the
> next person when it comes to sub-par chain restaurant food and service. The
> Joe's in the town where I lived until about 3 years ago was so bad I don't
> know how or why they stayed open--the parking lot was consistently almost
> deserted even on Friday and Saturday nights. OTOH, a couple months ago I had
> quite a decent--if relatively plain--meal at the one where I live now.

> The decor is kind of nauseating, and DH and I were glad to be finished up
> and leaving shortly after 6 p.m., when the servers formed into some kind of
> long conga line and circled through the restaurant singing something I've
> mercifully erased from my memory. I was embarrassed for them.

The only time we've eaten at Joe's, about 5 yrs. ago, the staff
leapt onto the tabletops at a signal (honest to God!) and began
singing and dancing the Macarena. It was disturbing enough to
convince us not to go back, even if they began serving two pound
lobsters for $3.99.

gloria p
Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>At any rate, it was a lot of fun.

It's nice you enjoyed yourself, but as for me, I hated the place.

I went two different times, with friends, and the "plastic" look of
everything was just plain silly, the fake storm sounds were annoying,
and prices for drinks at the bar were too too.

I'll never go again.
Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>At any rate, it was a lot of fun.

It's nice you enjoyed yourself, but as for me, I hated the place.

I went two different times, with friends, and the "plastic" look of
everything was just plain silly, the fake storm sounds were annoying,
and prices for drinks at the bar were too too.

I'll never go again.
Tara

I remember having to take my little brother and sister to the
Rainforest Cafe when they were about eight and ten years old. It was
their favorite restaurant because they were fascinated by the restroom
attendants.

Tara

A.C.

Michel Boucher wrote:

> Cadillac Authentic Mexican????? What is the connection there?
>
> Cadillac is the name of a distant collateral of mine, Antoine de la
> Mothe Cadillac, sieur de Pontchartrain. Yes, the very same who founded
> Le détroit and was governor of Louisiane. He married the granddaughter
> of one of two of my ancestors, François Boucher and Jehan Guyon.

dang! he invented cadillac's and dug lake pontchartrain?!? ;-)

A.C.

Michel Boucher wrote:

> Cadillac Authentic Mexican????? What is the connection there?
>
> Cadillac is the name of a distant collateral of mine, Antoine de la
> Mothe Cadillac, sieur de Pontchartrain. Yes, the very same who founded
> Le détroit and was governor of Louisiane. He married the granddaughter
> of one of two of my ancestors, François Boucher and Jehan Guyon.

dang! he invented cadillac's and dug lake pontchartrain?!? ;-)

A.C.

Michel Boucher wrote:

> Cadillac Authentic Mexican????? What is the connection there?
>
> Cadillac is the name of a distant collateral of mine, Antoine de la
> Mothe Cadillac, sieur de Pontchartrain. Yes, the very same who founded
> Le détroit and was governor of Louisiane. He married the granddaughter
> of one of two of my ancestors, François Boucher and Jehan Guyon.

dang! he invented cadillac's and dug lake pontchartrain?!? ;-)

Gregory Morrow

Petey the Wonder Dog wrote:

> It's nice you enjoyed yourself, but as for me, I hated the place.
>
> I went two different times, with friends, and the "plastic" look of
> everything was just plain silly, the fake storm sounds were annoying,
> and prices for drinks at the bar were too too.

I can do much better at home on a rainy night ;--)

--
Best
Greg

Gregory Morrow

Petey the Wonder Dog wrote:

> It's nice you enjoyed yourself, but as for me, I hated the place.
>
> I went two different times, with friends, and the "plastic" look of
> everything was just plain silly, the fake storm sounds were annoying,
> and prices for drinks at the bar were too too.

I can do much better at home on a rainy night ;--)

--
Best
Greg

Cafe Liegeois International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 30-07-2007 06:16 PM
Now I've Seen Everything! - My Dog Cafe Old Mother Ashby General Cooking 17 16-03-2006 10:49 AM
Need recipe for Rainforest Cafe Volcano unzipped General Cooking 5 31-01-2005 09:30 PM
Cafe Dinner Bill Spohn Wine 0 21-12-2004 03:22 PM
Blue Sky Cafe Scott Pointe Wine 0 21-09-2004 01:37 PM