Jerry Avins

Default How to make stroganoff sauce?

wrote:

>>> Well, so far it still seems to me that all it takes to make
>>>stroganoff is flour, water and sour cream. If a person uses Alfredo
>>>sauce instead
>>>of flour and water, and adds the sour cream, what's the difference?

>>To begin with, there's no such thing as real Alfredo sauce. To make
>>fettuccini Alfredo, you reserve some of the cooking water, thoroughly
>>drench the cooked pasta in butter (it helps to have the butter room
>>temperature), mix in raw egg yolk -- the pasta's heat cooks it -- and
>>add a little heavy cream. If you do it right, it comes out a little
>>too thick: that's what you saved the cooking water for. Then you stir
>>in freshly grated Parmesan cheese (soft, not too close to the rind)
>>and
>>bring it to the table not more than two minutes after it was drained.
>>Serve with more grated Parmesan at the table.

> um Jerry, no egg, no cream. Just butter, parm and a little pasta water.
>
> Cristina
>
> Info on Moving to Italy and Driving in Italy
> http://www.cristinasweb.com

It's good both ways. I was quoting the recipe my friend from Rome uses,
and that I sometimes do to be fancy. She claims it's the original, that
others are derivative, and .... I have to believe her: she's a tenured
professor and my best friend's wife.

Whatever, I guess we agree that bottled "Alfredo sauce" ain't.

Jerry
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Jerry Avins

Kim wrote:

> I like to put brandy on the meat and flame it. Try not to burn down the
> kitchen. It give it a wonderful different taste.

What meat?