Gene

Default pizza dough with bread machine ?

How do I mix pizza dough,& let it raise IN the bread machine( then remove
,roll & bake) What settings do I use ?
ThanX

Herman Munster

On my machine there is a dough setting. But we have found that it
doesn't get kneaded enough in the bread machine. We have much better
luck making it in the food processor. I just cut the machine recipe in half
and do two quick batches in the processor and let rise in the refridge.

"Gene" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> How do I mix pizza dough,& let it raise IN the bread machine( then remove
> ,roll & bake) What settings do I use ?
> ThanX

sandy

My manual's recipe is as follows:

Using the 'dough' mode,,,,,add ingredients as follows,
7 to 8 oz. water
3 cups all purpose flour
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp dry yeast

1. Remove the dough from breadmaker, using the dough mode.
2. Pat dough into greased 12-inch round Pizza Pan. Let stand for 10 minutes.
3. Preheat over to 400 degrees.
4. Spread pizza sauce over dough, add desired toppings and bake 15-20
minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
"Gene" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> How do I mix pizza dough,& let it raise IN the bread machine( then remove
> ,roll & bake) What settings do I use ?
> ThanX

sandy

My manual's recipe is as follows:

Using the 'dough' mode,,,,,add ingredients as follows,
7 to 8 oz. water
3 cups all purpose flour
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp dry yeast

1. Remove the dough from breadmaker, using the dough mode.
2. Pat dough into greased 12-inch round Pizza Pan. Let stand for 10 minutes.
3. Preheat over to 400 degrees.
4. Spread pizza sauce over dough, add desired toppings and bake 15-20
minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
"Gene" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> How do I mix pizza dough,& let it raise IN the bread machine( then remove
> ,roll & bake) What settings do I use ?
> ThanX

Steve Calvin

Gene wrote:

> How do I mix pizza dough,& let it raise IN the bread machine( then remove
> ,roll & bake) What settings do I use ?
> ThanX

If your machine has a dough cycle then use that. I make mine a day
ahead of time, form it into a ball, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and
let it sit overnight in the fridge.

--
Steve

Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?

Steve Calvin

Gene wrote:

> How do I mix pizza dough,& let it raise IN the bread machine( then remove
> ,roll & bake) What settings do I use ?
> ThanX

If your machine has a dough cycle then use that. I make mine a day
ahead of time, form it into a ball, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and
let it sit overnight in the fridge.

--
Steve

Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?

A.C.

Herman Munster wrote:

> On my machine there is a dough setting.
> But we have found that it
> doesn't get kneaded enough in the bread machine.

your dough may be too wet in the machine to get properly kneaded. i was
having a similar problem in a bread machine and experimented with the amount
of water and was able to get much better quality dough / bread.

A.C.

Herman Munster wrote:

> On my machine there is a dough setting.
> But we have found that it
> doesn't get kneaded enough in the bread machine.

your dough may be too wet in the machine to get properly kneaded. i was
having a similar problem in a bread machine and experimented with the amount
of water and was able to get much better quality dough / bread.

Jim Johnston

I also use the recipe in my machine's manual (similar to this one)...

The one change that I make in the recipe is that I use Bread Flour
instead of the All-Purpose and use a little more yeast than it asks for.
The dough is nice and yeasty, and if baked right, crunchy on the
bottom and doughy on top. I will often put it in the oven for 5 minutes
before putting the toppings on it.

sandy wrote:
> My manual's recipe is as follows:
>
> Using the 'dough' mode,,,,,add ingredients as follows,
> 7 to 8 oz. water
> 3 cups all purpose flour
> 2 tbsp. olive oil
> 2 tbsp. sugar
> 1 tsp salt
> 1 1/4 tsp dry yeast
>
> 1. Remove the dough from breadmaker, using the dough mode.
> 2. Pat dough into greased 12-inch round Pizza Pan. Let stand for 10 minutes.
> 3. Preheat over to 400 degrees.
> 4. Spread pizza sauce over dough, add desired toppings and bake 15-20
> minutes, or until crust is golden brown.

Jim Johnston

sandy wrote:
> My manual's recipe is as follows:
>
> Using the 'dough' mode,,,,,add ingredients as follows,
> 7 to 8 oz. water
> 3 cups all purpose flour
> 2 tbsp. olive oil
> 2 tbsp. sugar
> 1 tsp salt
> 1 1/4 tsp dry yeast
>
> 1. Remove the dough from breadmaker, using the dough mode.
> 2. Pat dough into greased 12-inch round Pizza Pan. Let stand for 10 minutes.
> 3. Preheat over to 400 degrees.
> 4. Spread pizza sauce over dough, add desired toppings and bake 15-20
> minutes, or until crust is golden brown.

spamalicious

Gene wrote:

> How do I mix pizza dough,& let it raise IN the bread machine( then remove
> ,roll & bake) What settings do I use ?
> ThanX

I found a couple of recipes on the allrecipes.com website for pizza
dough in the bread machine that have worked rather well. I use the
dough cycle.

NS
spamalicious