Johnny Musacha

Default sushi grade fish in the Philadelphia area

I have a local farmer's market that I frequent that sells sushi
grade fish. Unfortunately, they only regularly carry Salmon and Ahi Tuna.
Occassionally they have fluke or red snapper. I'd like to get Yellowtail
and some other types of fish for when I make sushi. I've been to the
Reading Terminal in Philly but I've only been able to find Salmon and Tuna
there. Can anyone recommend some places in the Philly, NJ, or even NYC
area that I could buy sushi grade fish with more variety than just Salmon
and Tuna? Thanks.

Johnny Musacha

Johnny Musacha > wrote:

> I have a local farmer's market that I frequent that sells sushi
> grade fish. Unfortunately, they only regularly carry Salmon and Ahi Tuna.
> Occassionally they have fluke or red snapper. I'd like to get Yellowtail
> and some other types of fish for when I make sushi. I've been to the
> Reading Terminal in Philly but I've only been able to find Salmon and Tuna
> there. Can anyone recommend some places in the Philly, NJ, or even NYC
> area that I could buy sushi grade fish with more variety than just Salmon
> and Tuna? Thanks.

You might find what you want at the Reading Terminal Market. I also
suggest you post your question on the phl.food and nyc.food newsgroups.