Howard Kaikow

Default Peeling Kiwi fruit

What's the best tool for peeling Kiwi?
An ordinary potato peeler?

--
http://www.standards.com/; See Howard Kaikow's web site.

Kenneth

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:33:43 -0400, "Howard Kaikow"
> wrote:

>What's the best tool for peeling Kiwi?
>An ordinary potato peeler?

Yup...

I particularly like the ceramic peelers like these:

http://tinyurl.com/4jyck

All the best,

--
Kenneth

Kenneth

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:33:43 -0400, "Howard Kaikow"
> wrote:

>What's the best tool for peeling Kiwi?
>An ordinary potato peeler?

Yup...

I particularly like the ceramic peelers like these:

http://tinyurl.com/4jyck

All the best,

--
Kenneth

Michael Odom

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:33:43 -0400, "Howard Kaikow"
> wrote:

>What's the best tool for peeling Kiwi?
>An ordinary potato peeler?

I've seen some folks have real success slicing the kiwi in half
(equatorially) and scooping the flesh out with a spoon.

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore
Michael Odom

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:33:43 -0400, "Howard Kaikow"
> wrote:

>What's the best tool for peeling Kiwi?
>An ordinary potato peeler?

I've seen some folks have real success slicing the kiwi in half
(equatorially) and scooping the flesh out with a spoon.

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore

Frenchy

"Michael Odom" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:33:43 -0400, "Howard Kaikow"
> > wrote:
>
> >What's the best tool for peeling Kiwi?
> >An ordinary potato peeler?

> I've seen some folks have real success slicing the kiwi in half
> (equatorially) and scooping the flesh out with a spoon.
>

> modom
>
> "Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
> -- Jimmie Dale Gilmore

Buy the Zespri varieties (yellow flesh and smooth skin)

You can eat the skin then if U want and the flesh tastes much better than
the older green varieties

Frenchy
In Kiwifruit Country

Frenchy

"Michael Odom" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:33:43 -0400, "Howard Kaikow"
> > wrote:
>
> >What's the best tool for peeling Kiwi?
> >An ordinary potato peeler?

> I've seen some folks have real success slicing the kiwi in half
> (equatorially) and scooping the flesh out with a spoon.
>

> modom
>
> "Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
> -- Jimmie Dale Gilmore

Buy the Zespri varieties (yellow flesh and smooth skin)

You can eat the skin then if U want and the flesh tastes much better than
the older green varieties

Frenchy
In Kiwifruit Country

Frenchy

"Michael Odom" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:33:43 -0400, "Howard Kaikow"
> > wrote:
>
> >What's the best tool for peeling Kiwi?
> >An ordinary potato peeler?

> I've seen some folks have real success slicing the kiwi in half
> (equatorially) and scooping the flesh out with a spoon.
>

> modom
>
> "Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
> -- Jimmie Dale Gilmore

Buy the Zespri varieties (yellow flesh and smooth skin)

You can eat the skin then if U want and the flesh tastes much better than
the older green varieties

Frenchy
In Kiwifruit Country

Dave Smith

Howard Kaikow wrote:

> What's the best tool for peeling Kiwi?
> An ordinary potato peeler?

A paring knife works just fine for me, unless they are ripe in mushy. In
that case, I just peel around one end and then use a spoon.
Dave Smith

Howard Kaikow wrote:

> What's the best tool for peeling Kiwi?
> An ordinary potato peeler?

A paring knife works just fine for me, unless they are ripe in mushy. In
that case, I just peel around one end and then use a spoon.

hahabogus

Michael Odom > wrote in
:

> On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:33:43 -0400, "Howard Kaikow"
> > wrote:
>
>>What's the best tool for peeling Kiwi?
>>An ordinary potato peeler?

> I've seen some folks have real success slicing the kiwi in half
> (equatorially) and scooping the flesh out with a spoon.
>

> modom
>
> "Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
> -- Jimmie Dale Gilmore

A fish filletting knife?

--
Last year's nuts must go.
- Michael Odom
hahabogus

Michael Odom > wrote in
:

> On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:33:43 -0400, "Howard Kaikow"
> > wrote:
>
>>What's the best tool for peeling Kiwi?
>>An ordinary potato peeler?

> I've seen some folks have real success slicing the kiwi in half
> (equatorially) and scooping the flesh out with a spoon.
>

> modom
>
> "Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
> -- Jimmie Dale Gilmore

A fish filletting knife?

--
Last year's nuts must go.
- Michael Odom
zuuum

"hahabogus" > wrote in message
> Michael Odom > wrote in
> :
>
> > On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:33:43 -0400, "Howard Kaikow"
> > > wrote:
> >
> >>What's the best tool for peeling Kiwi?
> >>An ordinary potato peeler?

> > I've seen some folks have real success slicing the kiwi in half
> > (equatorially) and scooping the flesh out with a spoon.
> >

> > modom
> >
> > "Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
> > -- Jimmie Dale Gilmore
> >

> A fish filletting knife?

I usually don't even bother to put my 8" French knife down and just plow
right ahead, holding mostly the blade. A *sharp* knife can do a lot of
tasks a smaller knife is suited for. We just stand them on end and peel as
if we were peeling mangoes or cantaloupe where I work.

zuuum

"hahabogus" > wrote in message
> Michael Odom > wrote in
> :
>
> > On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:33:43 -0400, "Howard Kaikow"
> > > wrote:
> >
> >>What's the best tool for peeling Kiwi?
> >>An ordinary potato peeler?

> > I've seen some folks have real success slicing the kiwi in half
> > (equatorially) and scooping the flesh out with a spoon.
> >

> > modom
> >
> > "Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
> > -- Jimmie Dale Gilmore
> >

> A fish filletting knife?

I usually don't even bother to put my 8" French knife down and just plow
right ahead, holding mostly the blade. A *sharp* knife can do a lot of
tasks a smaller knife is suited for. We just stand them on end and peel as
if we were peeling mangoes or cantaloupe where I work.

zuuum

"hahabogus" > wrote in message
> Michael Odom > wrote in
> :
>
> > On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:33:43 -0400, "Howard Kaikow"
> > > wrote:
> >
> >>What's the best tool for peeling Kiwi?
> >>An ordinary potato peeler?

> > I've seen some folks have real success slicing the kiwi in half
> > (equatorially) and scooping the flesh out with a spoon.
> >

> > modom
> >
> > "Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
> > -- Jimmie Dale Gilmore
> >

> A fish filletting knife?

I usually don't even bother to put my 8" French knife down and just plow
right ahead, holding mostly the blade. A *sharp* knife can do a lot of
tasks a smaller knife is suited for. We just stand them on end and peel as
if we were peeling mangoes or cantaloupe where I work.

James Shugg

"Howard Kaikow" > wrote in message >...
> What's the best tool for peeling Kiwi?
> An ordinary potato peeler?

Why bother? Just rub the fur off against your sleeve, then bite into
the fruit. The skin is not unpleasant (if a bit chewy) and is good
fibre. Much less messy and time consuming than peeling.

James
James Shugg

"Howard Kaikow" > wrote in message >...
> What's the best tool for peeling Kiwi?
> An ordinary potato peeler?

Why bother? Just rub the fur off against your sleeve, then bite into
the fruit. The skin is not unpleasant (if a bit chewy) and is good
fibre. Much less messy and time consuming than peeling.

James
Greg Zywicki

Michael Odom > wrote in message >. ..
> On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:33:43 -0400, "Howard Kaikow"
> > wrote:
>
> >What's the best tool for peeling Kiwi?
> >An ordinary potato peeler?

> I've seen some folks have real success slicing the kiwi in half
> (equatorially) and scooping the flesh out with a spoon.
>

> modom
>
> "Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
> -- Jimmie Dale Gilmore

You don't even need to slice in half. Cut off the ends, slice through
the skin from stem to stern, and then slip a tablespoon (or desert
spoon) under the skin and run it around.

Not my favorite method though. The blunt spoon edge sort of mashes a
thin layer of flesh.

Greg Zywicki
PENMART01

>"Howard Kaikow" wrote:
>
>What's the best tool for peeling Kiwi?

Huh? Why would you want to peel a *** New Zealander?

It's "kiwifruit", one word.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>"Howard Kaikow" wrote:
>
>What's the best tool for peeling Kiwi?

Huh? Why would you want to peel a *** New Zealander?

It's "kiwifruit", one word.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

PENMART01

>"Howard Kaikow" wrote:
>
>What's the best tool for peeling Kiwi?

Huh? Why would you want to peel a *** New Zealander?

It's "kiwifruit", one word.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Julie

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:33:43 -0400, "Howard Kaikow"
> wrote:

>What's the best tool for peeling Kiwi?
>An ordinary potato peeler?

If you are peeling it just to eat it then don't bother. Just cut the
top off and eat like a hard-boiled egg. Apologies if I'm stating the
obvious, but I spent a long time peeling kiwis until I saw someone at
work eating it the way I've just described.

--

Julie S
Julie

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:33:43 -0400, "Howard Kaikow"
> wrote:

>What's the best tool for peeling Kiwi?
>An ordinary potato peeler?

If you are peeling it just to eat it then don't bother. Just cut the
top off and eat like a hard-boiled egg. Apologies if I'm stating the
obvious, but I spent a long time peeling kiwis until I saw someone at
work eating it the way I've just described.

--

Julie S
Julie

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 20:49:00 +0100, Julie >
wrote:

>If you are peeling it just to eat it then don't bother. Just cut the
>top off and eat like a hard-boiled egg. Apologies if I'm stating the
>obvious, but I spent a long time peeling kiwis until I saw someone at
>work eating it the way I've just described.

Oops - I meant a soft-boiled egg, of course.

--

Julie S
Julie

wrote:

>If you are peeling it just to eat it then don't bother. Just cut the
>top off and eat like a hard-boiled egg. Apologies if I'm stating the
>obvious, but I spent a long time peeling kiwis until I saw someone at
>work eating it the way I've just described.

Oops - I meant a soft-boiled egg, of course.

--

Julie S

Pixmaker

For those having difficulty preparing kiwi, I offer the following
description showing how to proceed:

Pixmaker
==========================
It's not the heat, it's the humidity!
==========================
(..Think the humidity's bad?
You should watch us vote!)

Pixmaker

Attached Thumbnails
Peeling Kiwi fruit-kiwi.jpg
Pixmaker

Attached Thumbnails
Peeling Kiwi fruit-kiwi.jpg
Pixmaker

Repost...for those having difficulty preparing kiwi, I offer the
following diagram showing how to proceed:

http://home.comcast.net/~pixmaker/kiwi.jpg

Pixmaker
==========================
It's not the heat, it's the humidity!
==========================
(..Think the humidity's bad?
You should watch us vote!)

Pixmaker

Repost...for those having difficulty preparing kiwi, I offer the
following diagram showing how to proceed:

http://home.comcast.net/~pixmaker/kiwi.jpg

Pixmaker
It's not the heat, it's the humidity!
(..Think the humidity's bad?
You should watch us vote!)

Snow and Kiwi fruit Kathi[_2_] Preserving 1 24-04-2012 06:22 PM
Kiwi Fruit Jam cj Recipes (moderated) 0 19-10-2007 04:20 AM
Kiwi Fruit Medley cj Recipes (moderated) 0 13-10-2007 03:39 AM
Using Kiwi Fruit (2) Collection cj Recipes (moderated) 0 13-10-2007 03:18 AM
Kiwi fruit - frozen? MurphAssoc General Cooking 5 17-02-2004 05:39 AM