Goomba38

Default I'm back! And there is ONLY one of me, dammit

Ok, I've been a little haphazard in my posting over the past month, what
with the issues with Comcast (grrrrr.. still hate 'em) but all seems to
be fixed now. Well.. all except I can't get my mail server set up right,
but that's a whole 'nuther issue.
What is this I see? A newbie here using my name? Please be advised that
your old (relatively) much loved (hint, hint) Goomba is the one still on
Comcast. Not this <flips hair back off shoulders in a snit> other goomba.
Okay, rant mode off.
Goomba.. the original one

Goomba

Would you prefer me to become goombah, another spelling of the word, or
simply defer to your obvious preexistance in the group as a member of high
esteem and great respect? My fervent hope is that we all make love, not war.
(Unless of course anyone messa wit my name!) : - (

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
news
> Ok, I've been a little haphazard in my posting over the past month, what
> with the issues with Comcast (grrrrr.. still hate 'em) but all seems to
> be fixed now. Well.. all except I can't get my mail server set up right,
> but that's a whole 'nuther issue.
> What is this I see? A newbie here using my name? Please be advised that
> your old (relatively) much loved (hint, hint) Goomba is the one still on
> Comcast. Not this <flips hair back off shoulders in a snit> other goomba.
> Okay, rant mode off.
> Goomba.. the original one

Goomba

Would you prefer me to become goombah, another spelling of the word, or
simply defer to your obvious preexistance in the group as a member of high
esteem and great respect? My fervent hope is that we all make love, not war.
(Unless of course anyone messa wit my name!) : - (

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
news
> Ok, I've been a little haphazard in my posting over the past month, what
> with the issues with Comcast (grrrrr.. still hate 'em) but all seems to
> be fixed now. Well.. all except I can't get my mail server set up right,
> but that's a whole 'nuther issue.
> What is this I see? A newbie here using my name? Please be advised that
> your old (relatively) much loved (hint, hint) Goomba is the one still on
> Comcast. Not this <flips hair back off shoulders in a snit> other goomba.
> Okay, rant mode off.
> Goomba.. the original one

Goomba38

That Other Goomba wrote:

> Would you prefer me to become goombah, another spelling of the word, or
> simply defer to your obvious preexistance in the group as a member of high
> esteem and great respect? My fervent hope is that we all make love, not war.
> (Unless of course anyone messa wit my name!) : - (

Truthfully, I'll accept that you're new and had no idea. A deja search
on you shows you've been in existence such a short while. Why don't you
be a Paisano instead
Goomba

Goomba38

That Other Goomba wrote:

> Would you prefer me to become goombah, another spelling of the word, or
> simply defer to your obvious preexistance in the group as a member of high
> esteem and great respect? My fervent hope is that we all make love, not war.
> (Unless of course anyone messa wit my name!) : - (

Truthfully, I'll accept that you're new and had no idea. A deja search
on you shows you've been in existence such a short while. Why don't you
be a Paisano instead
Goomba

Goomba38

That Other Goomba wrote:

> Would you prefer me to become goombah, another spelling of the word, or
> simply defer to your obvious preexistance in the group as a member of high
> esteem and great respect? My fervent hope is that we all make love, not war.
> (Unless of course anyone messa wit my name!) : - (

Truthfully, I'll accept that you're new and had no idea. A deja search
on you shows you've been in existence such a short while. Why don't you
be a Paisano instead
Goomba

GoombaP

Very well. Henceforth and forever more it shall be GoombaP.

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
> That Other Goomba wrote:
>
> > Would you prefer me to become goombah, another spelling of the word, or
> > simply defer to your obvious preexistance in the group as a member of

high
> > esteem and great respect? My fervent hope is that we all make love, not

war.
> > (Unless of course anyone messa wit my name!) : - (

> Truthfully, I'll accept that you're new and had no idea. A deja search
> on you shows you've been in existence such a short while. Why don't you
> be a Paisano instead
> Goomba

GoombaP

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
> That Other Goomba wrote:
>
> > Would you prefer me to become goombah, another spelling of the word, or
> > simply defer to your obvious preexistance in the group as a member of

high
> > esteem and great respect? My fervent hope is that we all make love, not

war.
> > (Unless of course anyone messa wit my name!) : - (

> Truthfully, I'll accept that you're new and had no idea. A deja search
> on you shows you've been in existence such a short while. Why don't you
> be a Paisano instead
> Goomba

GoombaP

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
> That Other Goomba wrote:
>
> > Would you prefer me to become goombah, another spelling of the word, or
> > simply defer to your obvious preexistance in the group as a member of

high
> > esteem and great respect? My fervent hope is that we all make love, not

war.
> > (Unless of course anyone messa wit my name!) : - (

> Truthfully, I'll accept that you're new and had no idea. A deja search
> on you shows you've been in existence such a short while. Why don't you
> be a Paisano instead
> Goomba

Steve Calvin

GoombaP wrote:
> Very well. Henceforth and forever more it shall be GoombaP.
>
> "Goomba38" > wrote in message
>
>>That Other Goomba wrote:
>>

>>>Would you prefer me to become goombah, another spelling of the word, or
>>>simply defer to your obvious preexistance in the group as a member of

> high
>
>>>esteem and great respect? My fervent hope is that we all make love, not

> war.
>
>>>(Unless of course anyone messa wit my name!) : - (

>>Truthfully, I'll accept that you're new and had no idea. A deja search
>>on you shows you've been in existence such a short while. Why don't you
>>be a Paisano instead
>>Goomba

ok, what the hell's going on here. People actually being *reasonable*
on RFC???? <shaking head> What's the world coming to!???? ;-)

--
Steve

Whose cruel idea was it for the word "lisp" to have an "s" in it?

Steve Calvin

GoombaP wrote:
> Very well. Henceforth and forever more it shall be GoombaP.
>
> "Goomba38" > wrote in message
>
>>That Other Goomba wrote:
>>

>>>Would you prefer me to become goombah, another spelling of the word, or
>>>simply defer to your obvious preexistance in the group as a member of

> high
>
>>>esteem and great respect? My fervent hope is that we all make love, not

> war.
>
>>>(Unless of course anyone messa wit my name!) : - (

>>Truthfully, I'll accept that you're new and had no idea. A deja search
>>on you shows you've been in existence such a short while. Why don't you
>>be a Paisano instead
>>Goomba

ok, what the hell's going on here. People actually being *reasonable*
on RFC???? <shaking head> What's the world coming to!???? ;-)

--
Steve

Whose cruel idea was it for the word "lisp" to have an "s" in it?

limey

"GoombaP" > wrote in message
> Very well. Henceforth and forever more it shall be GoombaP.
>
> "Goomba38" > wrote in message
> > That Other Goomba wrote:
> >
> > > Would you prefer me to become goombah, another spelling of the word,

or
> > > simply defer to your obvious preexistance in the group as a member of

> high
> > > esteem and great respect? My fervent hope is that we all make love,

not
> war.
> > > (Unless of course anyone messa wit my name!) : - (

> > Truthfully, I'll accept that you're new and had no idea. A deja search
> > on you shows you've been in existence such a short while. Why don't you
> > be a Paisano instead
> > Goomba

Unfortunately, just adding a P doesn't clear up the confusion for me. The
original Goomba has been around for quite a long time. Would you consider
using an entirely different name? I think Paisano is fine. Prego.

Dora

limey

"GoombaP" > wrote in message
> Very well. Henceforth and forever more it shall be GoombaP.
>
> "Goomba38" > wrote in message
> > That Other Goomba wrote:
> >
> > > Would you prefer me to become goombah, another spelling of the word,

or
> > > simply defer to your obvious preexistance in the group as a member of

> high
> > > esteem and great respect? My fervent hope is that we all make love,

not
> war.
> > > (Unless of course anyone messa wit my name!) : - (

> > Truthfully, I'll accept that you're new and had no idea. A deja search
> > on you shows you've been in existence such a short while. Why don't you
> > be a Paisano instead
> > Goomba

Unfortunately, just adding a P doesn't clear up the confusion for me. The
original Goomba has been around for quite a long time. Would you consider
using an entirely different name? I think Paisano is fine. Prego.

Dora

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "GoombaP"
> wrote:

> Very well. Henceforth and forever more it shall be GoombaP.

Not good enough. You offered to defer and began your post above with
"Very well." Why not post as Paisano? There's no one here who posts
with anything resembling that, unlike our revered, respected, and
redoubtable Goomba38 -- who signs posts with Goomba.

There's only one Goomba and I regret to inform you that you're not the
one.

--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/22/04.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "GoombaP"

--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/22/04.

kalanamak

Steve Calvin wrote:

> ok, what the hell's going on here. People actually being *reasonable*
> on RFC???? <shaking head> What's the world coming to!???? ;-)

What do you expect from people using a word that denotes a brain tumor?
blacksalt
"Gross opacity or mass betweeen the auricles"
hahabogus

"limey" > wrote in :

> "GoombaP" > wrote in message
>> Very well. Henceforth and forever more it shall be GoombaP.

> or

>> high

> not
>> war.
>> >
>> > Truthfully, I'll accept that you're new and had no idea. A deja
>> > search on you shows you've been in existence such a short while.
>> > Why don't you be a Paisano instead
>> > Goomba

> Unfortunately, just adding a P doesn't clear up the confusion for me.
> The original Goomba has been around for quite a long time. Would you
> consider using an entirely different name? I think Paisano is fine.
> Prego.
>
> Dora

Before you allow them to bully you into a name of their choosing, I suggest
quiet comtemplation and select a name that has a meaning to you. Say the
Italian Stallion or perhaps your grandfathers middle name. Or your favorite
cartoon character.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.
hahabogus

"limey" > wrote in :

> "GoombaP" > wrote in message
>> Very well. Henceforth and forever more it shall be GoombaP.

> or

>> high

> not
>> war.
>> >
>> > Truthfully, I'll accept that you're new and had no idea. A deja
>> > search on you shows you've been in existence such a short while.
>> > Why don't you be a Paisano instead
>> > Goomba

> Unfortunately, just adding a P doesn't clear up the confusion for me.
> The original Goomba has been around for quite a long time. Would you
> consider using an entirely different name? I think Paisano is fine.
> Prego.
>
> Dora

Before you allow them to bully you into a name of their choosing, I suggest
quiet comtemplation and select a name that has a meaning to you. Say the
Italian Stallion or perhaps your grandfathers middle name. Or your favorite
cartoon character.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.
--------
FIELDS, W. C.
Steve Calvin

ok, this more like RFC that I know. Somebody's always p.o'ed about
whatever. Why it's so hard to distinguish between Goomba38 and
GoombaP boggles my mind. But again this *is* usenet.

--
Steve

Whose cruel idea was it for the word "lisp" to have an "s" in it?

Julia Altshuler

GoombaP wrote:
> Very well. Henceforth and forever more it shall be GoombaP.

>>>(Unless of course anyone messa wit my name!) : - (

Welcome to rec.food.cooking where people are opinionated. There's
nothing I love more than watching a good knock-down drag-out fight over
the relative merits of opposing brands of orange juice or the only
proper way to whip cream. And here we're taking you to court over your
polite offer to post under a different name. Take it from me, pal, post
the way you want to, and be prepared to take some flak. If you can't
take the heat, engage your killfile and stick around anyway.

--Lia

Julia Altshuler

GoombaP wrote:
> Very well. Henceforth and forever more it shall be GoombaP.

>>>(Unless of course anyone messa wit my name!) : - (

Welcome to rec.food.cooking where people are opinionated. There's
nothing I love more than watching a good knock-down drag-out fight over
the relative merits of opposing brands of orange juice or the only
proper way to whip cream. And here we're taking you to court over your
polite offer to post under a different name. Take it from me, pal, post
the way you want to, and be prepared to take some flak. If you can't
take the heat, engage your killfile and stick around anyway.

--Lia

PENMART01

>> Very well. Henceforth and forever more it shall be GoombaP.
>
>Not good enough. You offered to defer and began your post above with
>"Very well." Why not post as Paisano? There's no one here who posts
>with anything resembling that, unlike our revered, respected, and
>redoubtable Goomba38 -- who signs posts with Goomba.
>
>There's only one Goomba and I regret to inform you that you're not the
>one.
>-
>-Barb

There's always Carmine, Guido, and Rocko... I can think of other 'talian
monikers... don't be *afraid* to ask.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Julia Altshuler

I looked up "goombah" and got a companion or an associate, especially an
older friend who acts as a patron, a protector, or an adviser. I hadn't
known that and am glad I know now.

--Lia

Wayne

Julia Altshuler > wrote in news:wpPTc.158790
$eM2.27793@attbi_s51:

> I looked up "goombah" and got a companion or an associate, especially an
> older friend who acts as a patron, a protector, or an adviser. I hadn't
> known that and am glad I know now.
>
> --Lia

Where I used to live, there was a neighborhood pizza parlor called, "Goomba
Nick's". Great pizza, and a nice guy.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.

Steve Calvin

Julia Altshuler wrote:

> I looked up "goombah" and got a companion or an associate, especially an
> older friend who acts as a patron, a protector, or an adviser. I hadn't
> known that and am glad I know now.
>
> --Lia

Absolutely. "Goombah" is a term like "good friend".

--
Steve

Whose cruel idea was it for the word "lisp" to have an "s" in it?

Steve Calvin

Julia Altshuler wrote:

> I looked up "goombah" and got a companion or an associate, especially an
> older friend who acts as a patron, a protector, or an adviser. I hadn't
> known that and am glad I know now.
>
> --Lia

Absolutely. "Goombah" is a term like "good friend".

--
Steve

Whose cruel idea was it for the word "lisp" to have an "s" in it?

Harry Demidavicius

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 11:46:42 -0400, Steve Calvin
> wrote:

>ok, this more like RFC that I know. Somebody's always p.o'ed about
>whatever. Why it's so hard to distinguish between Goomba38 and
>GoombaP boggles my mind. But again this *is* usenet.

There was a new arrival on A.F.B. who began to post as 'Harry' but
changed his nick to 'Harry from Iowa', when it was pointed out that
we allready had one of me. I'm OK with that.

Harry
Harry Demidavicius

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 11:46:42 -0400, Steve Calvin
> wrote:

>ok, this more like RFC that I know. Somebody's always p.o'ed about
>whatever. Why it's so hard to distinguish between Goomba38 and
>GoombaP boggles my mind. But again this *is* usenet.

There was a new arrival on A.F.B. who began to post as 'Harry' but
changed his nick to 'Harry from Iowa', when it was pointed out that
we allready had one of me. I'm OK with that.

Harry
Harry Demidavicius

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 11:46:42 -0400, Steve Calvin
> wrote:

>ok, this more like RFC that I know. Somebody's always p.o'ed about
>whatever. Why it's so hard to distinguish between Goomba38 and
>GoombaP boggles my mind. But again this *is* usenet.

There was a new arrival on A.F.B. who began to post as 'Harry' but
changed his nick to 'Harry from Iowa', when it was pointed out that
we allready had one of me. I'm OK with that.

Harry

PENMART01

>I looked up "goombah" and got a companion or an associate, especially an
>older friend who acts as a patron, a protector, or an adviser. I hadn't
>known that and am glad I know now.
>
>--Lia

Goombah is exclusively masculine.

Oxford

goombah

noun

N. Amer. informal an associate or accomplice, especially a senior member of a
criminal gang.

€”ORIGIN 1960s: probably a dialect alteration of Italian compĂ*re 'godfather,
friend, accomplice'.
---

http://members.shaw.ca/goombahworld/...oombah_FAQ.htm

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
GoombaP

Ahah! Finally someone spoke to the point (which I tactfully avoided) in
discussing this matter with Goomba. I had no idea whether Goomba was a s/he
and thought that I'd avoid the question, although the nature of Goomba's
replies certainly sounded like feminine. Yes, Goomba is only used for males,
but if she likes let her enjoy the fantasy.

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >I looked up "goombah" and got a companion or an associate, especially an
> >older friend who acts as a patron, a protector, or an adviser. I hadn't
> >known that and am glad I know now.
> >
> >--Lia

> Goombah is exclusively masculine.
>
> Oxford
>
> goombah
>
> noun
>
> N. Amer. informal an associate or accomplice, especially a senior member

of a
> criminal gang.
>
> -ORIGIN 1960s: probably a dialect alteration of Italian compŕre

'godfather,
> friend, accomplice'.
> ---
>
> http://members.shaw.ca/goombahworld/...oombah_FAQ.htm
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

GoombaP

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >I looked up "goombah" and got a companion or an associate, especially an
> >older friend who acts as a patron, a protector, or an adviser. I hadn't
> >known that and am glad I know now.
> >
> >--Lia

> Goombah is exclusively masculine.
>
> Oxford
>
> goombah
>
> noun
>
> N. Amer. informal an associate or accomplice, especially a senior member

of a
> criminal gang.
>
> -ORIGIN 1960s: probably a dialect alteration of Italian compŕre

'godfather,
> friend, accomplice'.
> ---
>
> http://members.shaw.ca/goombahworld/...oombah_FAQ.htm
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

GoombaP

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >I looked up "goombah" and got a companion or an associate, especially an
> >older friend who acts as a patron, a protector, or an adviser. I hadn't
> >known that and am glad I know now.
> >
> >--Lia

> Goombah is exclusively masculine.
>
> Oxford
>
> goombah
>
> noun
>
> N. Amer. informal an associate or accomplice, especially a senior member

of a
> criminal gang.
>
> -ORIGIN 1960s: probably a dialect alteration of Italian compŕre

'godfather,
> friend, accomplice'.
> ---
>
> http://members.shaw.ca/goombahworld/...oombah_FAQ.htm
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

Goomba38

PENMART01 wrote:

>>I looked up "goombah" and got a companion or an associate, especially an
>>older friend who acts as a patron, a protector, or an adviser. I hadn't
>>known that and am glad I know now.
>>
>>--Lia

> Goombah is exclusively masculine.
>
> Oxford
>
> goombah
>
> noun
>
> N. Amer. informal an associate or accomplice, especially a senior member of a
> criminal gang.
>
> €”ORIGIN 1960s: probably a dialect alteration of Italian compĂ*re 'godfather,
> friend, accomplice'.
> ---

Well Shel, you've seen my picture. LOL. Maybe I am male! Maybe I
deliberately chose to remain neutral (neutered?) online? Who knows
But it is also an "endearment" used along the lines of "Hey goofball!"..
Goomba was something my father called all of us. Just don't mistake me
(flashes ta-tas at Shel's monitor) for that other one.. 'k?
Goomba

Goomba38

PENMART01 wrote:

>>I looked up "goombah" and got a companion or an associate, especially an
>>older friend who acts as a patron, a protector, or an adviser. I hadn't
>>known that and am glad I know now.
>>
>>--Lia

> Goombah is exclusively masculine.
>
> Oxford
>
> goombah
>
> noun
>
> N. Amer. informal an associate or accomplice, especially a senior member of a
> criminal gang.
>
> €”ORIGIN 1960s: probably a dialect alteration of Italian compĂ*re 'godfather,
> friend, accomplice'.
> ---

Well Shel, you've seen my picture. LOL. Maybe I am male! Maybe I
deliberately chose to remain neutral (neutered?) online? Who knows
But it is also an "endearment" used along the lines of "Hey goofball!"..
Goomba was something my father called all of us. Just don't mistake me
(flashes ta-tas at Shel's monitor) for that other one.. 'k?
Goomba

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Steve Calvin
> wrote:

> ok, this more like RFC that I know. Somebody's always p.o'ed about
> whatever. Why it's so hard to distinguish between Goomba38 and
> GoombaP boggles my mind. But again this *is* usenet.

Heck, I'm not po'd about it. I was merely commentating, Steve. :-0)
He offered to defer to Goomba38's "obvious preexistance in the group"
and Goomba then offered up the suggestion of Paisano. And he
continued to use Goomba. Shoot, if he had no intention of abandoning
the Goomba handle in any form, he should've just said so straight up.
:-) Heck, I'll just killfile him. Easy enough.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/22/04.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Steve Calvin
> wrote:

> ok, this more like RFC that I know. Somebody's always p.o'ed about
> whatever. Why it's so hard to distinguish between Goomba38 and
> GoombaP boggles my mind. But again this *is* usenet.

Heck, I'm not po'd about it. I was merely commentating, Steve. :-0)
He offered to defer to Goomba38's "obvious preexistance in the group"
and Goomba then offered up the suggestion of Paisano. And he
continued to use Goomba. Shoot, if he had no intention of abandoning
the Goomba handle in any form, he should've just said so straight up.
:-) Heck, I'll just killfile him. Easy enough.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/22/04.

Steve Calvin

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article >, Steve Calvin
> > wrote:
>

>>ok, this more like RFC that I know. Somebody's always p.o'ed about
>>whatever. Why it's so hard to distinguish between Goomba38 and
>>GoombaP boggles my mind. But again this *is* usenet.

> Heck, I'm not po'd about it. I was merely commentating, Steve. :-0)
> He offered to defer to Goomba38's "obvious preexistance in the group"
> and Goomba then offered up the suggestion of Paisano. And he
> continued to use Goomba. Shoot, if he had no intention of abandoning
> the Goomba handle in any form, he should've just said so straight up.
> :-) Heck, I'll just killfile him. Easy enough.

<laugh> I don't think I was specifically replying to you Barb. But I'm
getting older and the memory's fading ;-) It was really intended to be
more of a "tongue in cheek" kind of post. It's tough without voice
inflections though.

Steve Calvin

dammit Somebody General Cooking 104 01-10-2012 07:08 AM
Dammit, I did it again merryb General Cooking 3 13-03-2007 02:47 AM
Tea, dammit! Melinda Tea 5 30-07-2005 02:48 PM
I'm back! And there is ONLY one of me, dammit Nancree General Cooking 6 17-08-2004 02:12 AM