FoodBanter.com

-   -   Bagna Cauda recipe here (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/3138-bagna-cauda-recipe-here.html)

Chris 28-12-2003 05:27 AM

Bagna Cauda recipe here

Sorry Mr. Ferguson, had to beat you to the recipe. ;-)

Here's mine, although I'm sure it's not 100% traditional. I used it in my
Christmas dinner, and it tasted wonderfully rich.

Dipped celery and crusty bread in it, really worked great. I do believe I
ended up eating more of this than anything else for the meal. Just kept
coming back for more.

---

Bagna Cauda (Thanks to everyone for the spelling correction)

Category : Appetizer; Seafood Dish; Dipping Sauce; Traditional Ethnic
(Italian)
Servings : estimate will handle a party size of 4 to 15 persons, give or
take.
Recipe Variation by : Chris ( or )

2 Cans Anchovies (in oil, with capers)
2 sticks of Butter
4 buds of Garlic (nicely chopped)
1/3rd Onion (nicely chopped)
1 pint Half n Half
1 pint Whipping Cream

Drain oil from anchovies, pull or slice anchovie filets into fine bits,
capers optional.
Brown anchovies, capers, garlic, onion, butter, 3/4 half-n-half, 1/2
whipping cream for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until thickened. Add remaining
1/2 whipping cream, mix and serve warm.

This works great with just about any vegetables, or bread. Great for
parties or family meals. It'll be a big hit with anyone who loves butter,
garlic, salt and fish.