FoodBanter.com

-   -   Coals for elecric BBQ? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/31263-coals-elecric-bbq.html)

GBienert 13-08-2004 08:07 PM

Coals for elecric BBQ?

My Char-Broil electric BBQ has been used so often that the "coals" are
soaked with grease and crumbly.I wonder if I can replace them with lava
rocks? regular briquets?

Peter Aitken 13-08-2004 08:13 PM

Coals for elecric BBQ?

"GBienert" > wrote in message
> My Char-Broil electric BBQ has been used so often that the "coals" are
> soaked with grease and crumbly.I wonder if I can replace them with lava
> rocks? regular briquets?

Not regular briquets for sure - they will catch on fire and if used indoors
might create enough carbon monoxide to be dangerous. I suspect lava rocks
will be ok although I do not know this grill so cannot say for sure.

--
Peter Aitken

Peter Aitken 13-08-2004 08:13 PM

limey 13-08-2004 08:24 PM

Coals for elecric BBQ?

"GBienert" wrote in message
> My Char-Broil electric BBQ has been used so often that the "coals" are
> soaked with grease and crumbly.I wonder if I can replace them with lava
> rocks? regular briquets?

I'd call Char-Broil. They have a pretty good customer service group.
Better to be safe than sorry.

Dora

limey 13-08-2004 08:24 PM

limey 13-08-2004 08:24 PM

Uecho 13-08-2004 09:00 PM

Coals for elecric BBQ?

I have had an electric grill for years, and whenever necessary, take the
grill apart, clean it, and replace the lava rocks. Have never had a problem.

Uecho 13-08-2004 09:00 PM