Michael Odom

Default NuTone in-counter appliance.

Has anybody had experience with a Nutone in-the-counter kitchen
appliance system? The house we bought this spring (Atomic Age
mid-century modern) has one next to the sink. Most of the attachments
are in the pantry, but I've never used it. It has a mixer, a food
grinder several bowls and some things I haven't figured out what to
use for.

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore
Mike Pearce

"Michael Odom" wrote in message

> Has anybody had experience with a Nutone in-the-counter kitchen
> appliance system?

The house I grew up in had one of those. They are kind of cool. My parents
had it and used it for well over thirty years. They left it in their last
house when they sold it a few years back.

My mom would use the meat grinder, mixer, and blender fairly often. I didn't
use it much, but would be happy to pass on any questions to my parents. Send
me some pictures of the mystery parts if you'd like and I'll ask my parents
about them if I don't know what they are.

-Mike

Mike Pearce

"Michael Odom" wrote in message

> Has anybody had experience with a Nutone in-the-counter kitchen
> appliance system?

The house I grew up in had one of those. They are kind of cool. My parents
had it and used it for well over thirty years. They left it in their last
house when they sold it a few years back.

My mom would use the meat grinder, mixer, and blender fairly often. I didn't
use it much, but would be happy to pass on any questions to my parents. Send
me some pictures of the mystery parts if you'd like and I'll ask my parents
about them if I don't know what they are.

-Mike

Rick & Cyndi

"Michael Odom" > wrote in message
> Has anybody had experience with a Nutone in-the-counter kitchen
> appliance system? The house we bought this spring (Atomic Age
> mid-century modern) has one next to the sink. Most of the attachments
> are in the pantry, but I've never used it. It has a mixer, a food
> grinder several bowls and some things I haven't figured out what to
> use for.
>

> modom
>
> "Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
> -- Jimmie Dale Gilmore

===============

We had one - and LOVED it. My Dad installed ours in one of the houses we
grew up in... Great stuff. Really handy, too. Sure beats the heck out of
dragging out three different appliances with attached motors (weight, bulk,
etc.). Hmmm, if all of my appliances were to die and/or if I were 'starting
out' all over - I'd love to have a Nutone system again.

Cyndi

Jack Schidt®

"Michael Odom" > wrote in message
> Has anybody had experience with a Nutone in-the-counter kitchen
> appliance system? The house we bought this spring (Atomic Age
> mid-century modern) has one next to the sink. Most of the attachments
> are in the pantry, but I've never used it. It has a mixer, a food
> grinder several bowls and some things I haven't figured out what to
> use for.

No experience mit, but I'm all ears for the upcoming report. I've gazed
from afar and they always seemed kinda Jetsonian, in a weird (yep it's me)
kinda way. I'm curious as to the power that the thing puts out, as I've
seen all kinds of attachments.

Jack Spacely

sf

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 15:45:33 -0500, Michael Odom
> wrote:

> Has anybody had experience with a Nutone in-the-counter kitchen
> appliance system? The house we bought this spring (Atomic Age
> mid-century modern) has one next to the sink. Most of the attachments
> are in the pantry, but I've never used it. It has a mixer, a food
> grinder several bowls and some things I haven't figured out what to
> use for.

I have something similar! As far as I know it was just a
blender though. There's nothing wrong with the motor, but
I've never used it (well, once when I was curious). I don't
even know where the jar is anymore. I wonder if any old
blender jar would fit? I could use an extra blender every
now and then.

sf
sf

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 15:45:33 -0500, Michael Odom
> wrote:

> Has anybody had experience with a Nutone in-the-counter kitchen
> appliance system? The house we bought this spring (Atomic Age
> mid-century modern) has one next to the sink. Most of the attachments
> are in the pantry, but I've never used it. It has a mixer, a food
> grinder several bowls and some things I haven't figured out what to
> use for.

I have something similar! As far as I know it was just a
blender though. There's nothing wrong with the motor, but
I've never used it (well, once when I was curious). I don't
even know where the jar is anymore. I wonder if any old
blender jar would fit? I could use an extra blender every
now and then.

sf
sf

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 16:00:19 -0500, "Mike Pearce"
> wrote:

> They left it in their last
> house when they sold it a few years back.

It was portable? I thought they were set into the counter.

sf
sf

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 16:00:19 -0500, "Mike Pearce"
> wrote:

> They left it in their last
> house when they sold it a few years back.

It was portable? I thought they were set into the counter.

sf
Puester

Rick & Cyndi wrote:

> "Michael Odom" > wrote in message
> > Has anybody had experience with a Nutone in-the-counter kitchen
> > appliance system? The house we bought this spring (Atomic Age
> > mid-century modern) has one next to the sink. Most of the attachments
> > are in the pantry, but I've never used it. It has a mixer, a food
> > grinder several bowls and some things I haven't figured out what to
> > use for.
> >

> > modom
> >
> > "Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
> > -- Jimmie Dale Gilmore

> ===============
>
> We had one - and LOVED it. My Dad installed ours in one of the houses we
> grew up in... Great stuff. Really handy, too. Sure beats the heck out of
> dragging out three different appliances with attached motors (weight, bulk,
> etc.). Hmmm, if all of my appliances were to die and/or if I were 'starting
> out' all over - I'd love to have a Nutone system again.
>
> Cyndi

Devil's advocate:

1. You still have to lug and store all the attachments.
2. When the imbedded motor dies, you lose all your appliances
at once.
3. You don't have a choice of features in each of the
appliance categories, you're stuck with whatever Nutone
provided.

That said, friends built one into their new house some 25
years ago and loved it until it died.

gloria p

Wayne

sf > wrote in
:

> On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 15:45:33 -0500, Michael Odom
> > wrote:
>
>> Has anybody had experience with a Nutone in-the-counter kitchen
>> appliance system? The house we bought this spring (Atomic Age
>> mid-century modern) has one next to the sink. Most of the
>> attachments are in the pantry, but I've never used it. It has a
>> mixer, a food grinder several bowls and some things I haven't
>> figured out what to use for.
>>

> I have something similar! As far as I know it was just a
> blender though. There's nothing wrong with the motor, but
> I've never used it (well, once when I was curious). I don't
> even know where the jar is anymore. I wonder if any old
> blender jar would fit? I could use an extra blender every
> now and then.

You mean you have that thing in your counter and you never use it? I'd
either use it, or have an inlaid cutting board or something set into the
space (or larger) instead.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Wayne

sf > wrote in
:

> On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 15:45:33 -0500, Michael Odom
> > wrote:
>
>> Has anybody had experience with a Nutone in-the-counter kitchen
>> appliance system? The house we bought this spring (Atomic Age
>> mid-century modern) has one next to the sink. Most of the
>> attachments are in the pantry, but I've never used it. It has a
>> mixer, a food grinder several bowls and some things I haven't
>> figured out what to use for.
>>

> I have something similar! As far as I know it was just a
> blender though. There's nothing wrong with the motor, but
> I've never used it (well, once when I was curious). I don't
> even know where the jar is anymore. I wonder if any old
> blender jar would fit? I could use an extra blender every
> now and then.

You mean you have that thing in your counter and you never use it? I'd
either use it, or have an inlaid cutting board or something set into the
space (or larger) instead.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Wayne

sf > wrote in news:6lpdh09h34q8o1ru2mi9c40iq2p8vc0v7e@
4ax.com:

> On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 16:00:19 -0500, "Mike Pearce"
> > wrote:
>
>> They left it in their last
>> house when they sold it a few years back.

> It was portable? I thought they were set into the counter.

They not portable. That's why they left it.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Wayne

sf > wrote in news:6lpdh09h34q8o1ru2mi9c40iq2p8vc0v7e@
4ax.com:

> On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 16:00:19 -0500, "Mike Pearce"
> > wrote:
>
>> They left it in their last
>> house when they sold it a few years back.

> It was portable? I thought they were set into the counter.

They not portable. That's why they left it.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Wayne

Puester > wrote in
:

> Rick & Cyndi wrote:
>>
>> "Michael Odom" > wrote in message
>> > Has anybody had experience with a Nutone in-the-counter kitchen
>> > appliance system? The house we bought this spring (Atomic Age
>> > mid-century modern) has one next to the sink. Most of the
>> > attachments are in the pantry, but I've never used it. It has a
>> > mixer, a food grinder several bowls and some things I haven't
>> > figured out what to use for.
>> >

>> > modom
>> >
>> > "Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
>> > -- Jimmie Dale Gilmore

>> ===============
>>
>> We had one - and LOVED it. My Dad installed ours in one of the
>> houses we grew up in... Great stuff. Really handy, too. Sure beats
>> the heck out of dragging out three different appliances with attached
>> motors (weight, bulk, etc.). Hmmm, if all of my appliances were to
>> die and/or if I were 'starting out' all over - I'd love to have a
>> Nutone system again.
>>
>> Cyndi

> Devil's advocate:
>
> 1. You still have to lug and store all the attachments.

You'd also have to lug and store all the separate appliances which, with
motor, are both heavier and bulkier.

> 2. When the imbedded motor dies, you lose all your appliances
> at once.

True, but it's *one* replacement motor and you're back in business.

> 3. You don't have a choice of features in each of the
> appliance categories, you're stuck with whatever Nutone
> provided.

When those were being newly installed, there were precious few "bells and
whistles" type features in most appliances. I suspect it was considered
"state of the art".

> That said, friends built one into their new house some 25
> years ago and loved it until it died.

Never had one, but always thought I wanted one back in "those days".

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.

Wayne

Puester > wrote in
:

> Rick & Cyndi wrote:
>>
>> "Michael Odom" > wrote in message
>> > Has anybody had experience with a Nutone in-the-counter kitchen
>> > appliance system? The house we bought this spring (Atomic Age
>> > mid-century modern) has one next to the sink. Most of the
>> > attachments are in the pantry, but I've never used it. It has a
>> > mixer, a food grinder several bowls and some things I haven't
>> > figured out what to use for.
>> >

>> > modom
>> >
>> > "Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
>> > -- Jimmie Dale Gilmore

>> ===============
>>
>> We had one - and LOVED it. My Dad installed ours in one of the
>> houses we grew up in... Great stuff. Really handy, too. Sure beats
>> the heck out of dragging out three different appliances with attached
>> motors (weight, bulk, etc.). Hmmm, if all of my appliances were to
>> die and/or if I were 'starting out' all over - I'd love to have a
>> Nutone system again.
>>
>> Cyndi

> Devil's advocate:
>
> 1. You still have to lug and store all the attachments.

You'd also have to lug and store all the separate appliances which, with
motor, are both heavier and bulkier.

> 2. When the imbedded motor dies, you lose all your appliances
> at once.

True, but it's *one* replacement motor and you're back in business.

> 3. You don't have a choice of features in each of the
> appliance categories, you're stuck with whatever Nutone
> provided.

When those were being newly installed, there were precious few "bells and
whistles" type features in most appliances. I suspect it was considered
"state of the art".

> That said, friends built one into their new house some 25
> years ago and loved it until it died.

Never had one, but always thought I wanted one back in "those days".

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Mike Pearce

"sf" > wrote in message
> "Mike Pearce" wrote:
>
> > They left it in their last
> > house when they sold it a few years back.

> It was portable? I thought they were set into the counter.

Yeah, it is built in, but when they moved in 1967 they took it out of the
counter of the old house and installed it in the counter of the new house. I
don't recall the details of what happened in the pre-1967 house, but I
imagine that the people moving in were going to re-do the kitchen or else my
parents replaced the counter top. I'll have to ask about that.

-Mike

Mike Pearce

"sf" > wrote in message
> "Mike Pearce" wrote:
>
> > They left it in their last
> > house when they sold it a few years back.

> It was portable? I thought they were set into the counter.

Yeah, it is built in, but when they moved in 1967 they took it out of the
counter of the old house and installed it in the counter of the new house. I
don't recall the details of what happened in the pre-1967 house, but I
imagine that the people moving in were going to re-do the kitchen or else my
parents replaced the counter top. I'll have to ask about that.

-Mike

sf

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 03:07:11 GMT, Wayne >
wrote:

> You mean you have that thing in your counter and you never use it?

Exactly.

> I'd
> either use it, or have an inlaid cutting board or something set into the
> space (or larger) instead.

Mine is covered with something too - I'd completely
forgotten about it until this thread. This morning as I was
reading the thread, it came back to me that I had the mixing
bowls too at one point. Still can't recall a grinder though!
Don't have a clue where any attachment is now.

sf
sf

wrote:

> You mean you have that thing in your counter and you never use it?

Exactly.

> I'd
> either use it, or have an inlaid cutting board or something set into the
> space (or larger) instead.

Mine is covered with something too - I'd completely
forgotten about it until this thread. This morning as I was
reading the thread, it came back to me that I had the mixing
bowls too at one point. Still can't recall a grinder though!
Don't have a clue where any attachment is now.

sf

Michael Odom

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 01:06:16 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> wrote:

>"Michael Odom" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Has anybody had experience with a Nutone in-the-counter kitchen
>> appliance system? The house we bought this spring (Atomic Age
>> mid-century modern) has one next to the sink. Most of the attachments
>> are in the pantry, but I've never used it. It has a mixer, a food
>> grinder several bowls and some things I haven't figured out what to
>> use for.
>>

>No experience mit, but I'm all ears for the upcoming report. I've gazed
>from afar and they always seemed kinda Jetsonian, in a weird (yep it's me)
>kinda way. I'm curious as to the power that the thing puts out, as I've
>seen all kinds of attachments.
>
>Jack Spacely

There are three different mechanical devices that connect to the power
unit in the counter. Basically, they function as transmissions as far
as I can tell. The mixer also has a transmission of sorts to it even
though it fits into one of the other attachments, not directly into
the motor. The one for the meat grinder is geared way down so that
even on the highest speed (the motor has 6 speed settings) it runs at
a fairly slow clip. The juicer attachment can be made to spin at an
atomic pace. The bowl for the seed catcher screen for the juicer is
cracked.

I have the cover for the manual, but no inside pages. But what I do
have shows a blender. Ain't got no blender in the pantry, though.
Apparently there was once a knife sharpener, too. And there was once
a bowl for the meat grinder, but not now. If I use it, the meat will
pile up around the unit on the counter. Yum!

Got no boy Elroy either.

I wonder if there's a source for the missing items...

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore
Michael Odom

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 01:06:16 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> wrote:

>"Michael Odom" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Has anybody had experience with a Nutone in-the-counter kitchen
>> appliance system? The house we bought this spring (Atomic Age
>> mid-century modern) has one next to the sink. Most of the attachments
>> are in the pantry, but I've never used it. It has a mixer, a food
>> grinder several bowls and some things I haven't figured out what to
>> use for.
>>

>No experience mit, but I'm all ears for the upcoming report. I've gazed
>from afar and they always seemed kinda Jetsonian, in a weird (yep it's me)
>kinda way. I'm curious as to the power that the thing puts out, as I've
>seen all kinds of attachments.
>
>Jack Spacely

There are three different mechanical devices that connect to the power
unit in the counter. Basically, they function as transmissions as far
as I can tell. The mixer also has a transmission of sorts to it even
though it fits into one of the other attachments, not directly into
the motor. The one for the meat grinder is geared way down so that
even on the highest speed (the motor has 6 speed settings) it runs at
a fairly slow clip. The juicer attachment can be made to spin at an
atomic pace. The bowl for the seed catcher screen for the juicer is
cracked.

I have the cover for the manual, but no inside pages. But what I do
have shows a blender. Ain't got no blender in the pantry, though.
Apparently there was once a knife sharpener, too. And there was once
a bowl for the meat grinder, but not now. If I use it, the meat will
pile up around the unit on the counter. Yum!

Got no boy Elroy either.

I wonder if there's a source for the missing items...

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore
Mark Thorson

Michael Odom wrote:

> I have the cover for the manual, but no inside pages. But what I do
> have shows a blender. Ain't got no blender in the pantry, though.
> Apparently there was once a knife sharpener, too. And there was once
> a bowl for the meat grinder, but not now. If I use it, the meat will
> pile up around the unit on the counter. Yum!
>
> Got no boy Elroy either.
>
> I wonder if there's a source for the missing items...

It's weird searching for "nutone" on eBay. Apparently,
the company has been specializing in stuff built into
houses -- central vacuum cleaner systems, ironing "center",
intercom, door chimes, etc.

Wayne

Mark Thorson > wrote in news:4117CEAC.44DE71E4
@sonic.net:

> Michael Odom wrote:
>
>> I have the cover for the manual, but no inside pages. But what I do
>> have shows a blender. Ain't got no blender in the pantry, though.
>> Apparently there was once a knife sharpener, too. And there was once
>> a bowl for the meat grinder, but not now. If I use it, the meat will
>> pile up around the unit on the counter. Yum!
>>
>> Got no boy Elroy either.
>>
>> I wonder if there's a source for the missing items...

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4317638298
>
> It's weird searching for "nutone" on eBay. Apparently,
> the company has been specializing in stuff built into
> houses -- central vacuum cleaner systems, ironing "center",
> intercom, door chimes, etc.

Yep, that was their specialty. Include exhaust hoods for kitchens and
exhaust fan/lights for bathrooms.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Wayne

Mark Thorson > wrote in news:4117CEAC.44DE71E4
@sonic.net:

> Michael Odom wrote:
>
>> I have the cover for the manual, but no inside pages. But what I do
>> have shows a blender. Ain't got no blender in the pantry, though.
>> Apparently there was once a knife sharpener, too. And there was once
>> a bowl for the meat grinder, but not now. If I use it, the meat will
>> pile up around the unit on the counter. Yum!
>>
>> Got no boy Elroy either.
>>
>> I wonder if there's a source for the missing items...

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4317638298
>
> It's weird searching for "nutone" on eBay. Apparently,
> the company has been specializing in stuff built into
> houses -- central vacuum cleaner systems, ironing "center",
> intercom, door chimes, etc.

Yep, that was their specialty. Include exhaust hoods for kitchens and
exhaust fan/lights for bathrooms.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.

Wayne

Mark Thorson > wrote in news:4117CEAC.44DE71E4
@sonic.net:

> Michael Odom wrote:
>
>> I have the cover for the manual, but no inside pages. But what I do
>> have shows a blender. Ain't got no blender in the pantry, though.
>> Apparently there was once a knife sharpener, too. And there was once
>> a bowl for the meat grinder, but not now. If I use it, the meat will
>> pile up around the unit on the counter. Yum!
>>
>> Got no boy Elroy either.
>>
>> I wonder if there's a source for the missing items...

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4317638298
>
> It's weird searching for "nutone" on eBay. Apparently,
> the company has been specializing in stuff built into
> houses -- central vacuum cleaner systems, ironing "center",
> intercom, door chimes, etc.

Yep, that was their specialty. Include exhaust hoods for kitchens and
exhaust fan/lights for bathrooms.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Sharon Chilson

My father installed a Nutone intercom system into our house when I was
growing up. The 'main' unit was in the kitchen and it had an AM-FM radio
as part of it. My father installed speakers in all of the bedrooms, the
basement, the patio on the side of the garage, as well as by the front
door on the porch. Not only could you pipe music to all of those areas,
you could 'talk' to people in those spots, or eavesdrop on them if you
were feeling wicked. And you could ask who was at the front door ringing
your doorbell without getting up. It was really high tech back in the
day. The unit is still in the house, my daughter and her family live
there now, but I don't know if it still works. I'll have to ask.

Rick & Cyndi

"Sharon Chilson" > wrote in message

> My father installed a Nutone intercom system into our house when I was
> growing up. The 'main' unit was in the kitchen and it had an AM-FM radio
> as part of it. My father installed speakers in all of the bedrooms, the
> basement, the patio on the side of the garage, as well as by the front
> door on the porch. Not only could you pipe music to all of those areas,
> you could 'talk' to people in those spots, or eavesdrop on them if you
> were feeling wicked. And you could ask who was at the front door ringing
> your doorbell without getting up. It was really high tech back in the
> day. The unit is still in the house, my daughter and her family live
> there now, but I don't know if it still works. I'll have to ask.
> =======

We had a family in the neighborhood that had one (speaker system). Tres
chic! A few decades later, I *still* want one! Of course, now we're in a
small enough house to not need one. I sure could have used them in
the last two two-story homes with basements!

Cyndi

Cyndi

Rick & Cyndi

"Sharon Chilson" > wrote in message

> My father installed a Nutone intercom system into our house when I was
> growing up. The 'main' unit was in the kitchen and it had an AM-FM radio
> as part of it. My father installed speakers in all of the bedrooms, the
> basement, the patio on the side of the garage, as well as by the front
> door on the porch. Not only could you pipe music to all of those areas,
> you could 'talk' to people in those spots, or eavesdrop on them if you
> were feeling wicked. And you could ask who was at the front door ringing
> your doorbell without getting up. It was really high tech back in the
> day. The unit is still in the house, my daughter and her family live
> there now, but I don't know if it still works. I'll have to ask.
> =======

We had a family in the neighborhood that had one (speaker system). Tres
chic! A few decades later, I *still* want one! Of course, now we're in a
small enough house to not need one. I sure could have used them in
the last two two-story homes with basements!

Cyndi

Cyndi

Jack Schidt®

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> Michael Odom wrote:
>
> > I have the cover for the manual, but no inside pages. But what I do
> > have shows a blender. Ain't got no blender in the pantry, though.
> > Apparently there was once a knife sharpener, too. And there was once
> > a bowl for the meat grinder, but not now. If I use it, the meat will
> > pile up around the unit on the counter. Yum!
> >
> > Got no boy Elroy either.
> >
> > I wonder if there's a source for the missing items...

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4317638298
>
> It's weird searching for "nutone" on eBay. Apparently,
> the company has been specializing in stuff built into
> houses -- central vacuum cleaner systems, ironing "center",
> intercom, door chimes, etc.

Yes!, hence my Jetson comment. Nutone was the late 60' intercom company,
with which we kids would play with until the parents took appropriate police
action.

Jack PushToTalk

Jack Schidt®

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> Michael Odom wrote:
>
> > I have the cover for the manual, but no inside pages. But what I do
> > have shows a blender. Ain't got no blender in the pantry, though.
> > Apparently there was once a knife sharpener, too. And there was once
> > a bowl for the meat grinder, but not now. If I use it, the meat will
> > pile up around the unit on the counter. Yum!
> >
> > Got no boy Elroy either.
> >
> > I wonder if there's a source for the missing items...

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4317638298
>
> It's weird searching for "nutone" on eBay. Apparently,
> the company has been specializing in stuff built into
> houses -- central vacuum cleaner systems, ironing "center",
> intercom, door chimes, etc.

Yes!, hence my Jetson comment. Nutone was the late 60' intercom company,
with which we kids would play with until the parents took appropriate police
action.

Jack PushToTalk

sf

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 17:41:00 GMT, sf >
wrote:

My husband unearthed the booklet that came with it today...
it's in pristine condition and I'm thinking collectibles.
I have a working motor and some parts. Not sure if I've got
all of them, but I bet I could find what's missing.

A retro appliance for someone's retro kitchen.

sf

Wayne

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in
:

> "Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
>> Michael Odom wrote:
>>
>> > I have the cover for the manual, but no inside pages. But what I
>> > do have shows a blender. Ain't got no blender in the pantry,
>> > though. Apparently there was once a knife sharpener, too. And
>> > there was once a bowl for the meat grinder, but not now. If I use
>> > it, the meat will pile up around the unit on the counter. Yum!
>> >
>> > Got no boy Elroy either.
>> >
>> > I wonder if there's a source for the missing items...

>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4317638298
>>
>> It's weird searching for "nutone" on eBay. Apparently,
>> the company has been specializing in stuff built into
>> houses -- central vacuum cleaner systems, ironing "center",
>> intercom, door chimes, etc.
>>

> Yes!, hence my Jetson comment. Nutone was the late 60' intercom
> company, with which we kids would play with until the parents took
> appropriate police action.
>
> Jack PushToTalk

You must have been a bad, bad boy! <g>

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Wayne

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in
:

> "Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
>> Michael Odom wrote:
>>
>> > I have the cover for the manual, but no inside pages. But what I
>> > do have shows a blender. Ain't got no blender in the pantry,
>> > though. Apparently there was once a knife sharpener, too. And
>> > there was once a bowl for the meat grinder, but not now. If I use
>> > it, the meat will pile up around the unit on the counter. Yum!
>> >
>> > Got no boy Elroy either.
>> >
>> > I wonder if there's a source for the missing items...

>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4317638298
>>
>> It's weird searching for "nutone" on eBay. Apparently,
>> the company has been specializing in stuff built into
>> houses -- central vacuum cleaner systems, ironing "center",
>> intercom, door chimes, etc.
>>

> Yes!, hence my Jetson comment. Nutone was the late 60' intercom
> company, with which we kids would play with until the parents took
> appropriate police action.
>
> Jack PushToTalk

You must have been a bad, bad boy! <g>

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
sf

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 19:19:29 GMT, Mark Thorson
> wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4317638298

WOW! I'm impressed!

sf