FoodBanter.com

-   -   Freezing bottled Blue Cheese dressing? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/30586-freezing-bottled-blue-cheese.html)

[email protected] 07-08-2004 05:00 AM

Freezing bottled Blue Cheese dressing?

i live in a small town and it is almost impossible to find Marie's Lite
Blue Cheese dressing. i have found a small amount of it.......but.......

Can this dressing be frozen? It comes in a plastic bottle which i can
keep in or transfer to a better freezer container?

Thanks for any help.

carol

Wayne 07-08-2004 05:37 AM

Freezing bottled Blue Cheese dressing?

wrote in news:10294-411453C3-539@storefull-
3153.bay.webtv.net:

> i live in a small town and it is almost impossible to find Marie's Lite
> Blue Cheese dressing. i have found a small amount of it.......but.......
>
> Can this dressing be frozen? It comes in a plastic bottle which i can
> keep in or transfer to a better freezer container?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> carol

It wouldn't spoil if you froze it, but the texture and consistency would
probably suffer. You might try freezing just a very small amount as a
test.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.

Wayne 07-08-2004 05:37 AM

zxcvbob 07-08-2004 06:18 AM

wrote:
> i live in a small town and it is almost impossible to find Marie's Lite
> Blue Cheese dressing. i have found a small amount of it.......but.......
>
> Can this dressing be frozen? It comes in a plastic bottle which i can
> keep in or transfer to a better freezer container?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> carol

It should last for many months in the refrigerator. There's no need to
freeze it.

Best regards,
Bob

Katra 07-08-2004 08:11 AM

Freezing bottled Blue Cheese dressing?

In article >,
zxcvbob > wrote:

> wrote:
> > i live in a small town and it is almost impossible to find Marie's Lite
> > Blue Cheese dressing. i have found a small amount of it.......but.......
> >
> > Can this dressing be frozen? It comes in a plastic bottle which i can
> > keep in or transfer to a better freezer container?
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
> >
> > carol
> >

> It should last for many months in the refrigerator. There's no need to
> freeze it.
>
> Best regards,
> Bob

Agreed... ;-)
There is usually so much salt and preservatives in them that they last a
_long_ time! I know that I have used some that is at least 5 or 6 months
old and it was fine.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Katra 07-08-2004 08:11 AM

Katra 07-08-2004 08:11 AM

Steve Calvin 07-08-2004 01:26 PM

REC: Freezing bottled Blue Cheese dressing?

wrote:

> [...]

<snip>

Why not make your own. It's not difficult.

1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise -- Hellmann's
3/8 cup crumbled bleu cheese -- High Quality brand
1 tablespoon milk
1 clove garlic -- minced
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce -- Lea & Perrins
1/4 teaspoon black pepper -- fresh ground
1 dash dry mustard

Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl, whisking until creamy. If
too thick, add a little more milk. The consistency should be thick
enough to hold a mixing spoon straight upright.

Allow the dressing to sit for at least one hour for the flavors to
blend. Adjust the texture, if necessary, with more milk. Cover and
refrigerate. Will keep one week. Makes 4 cups.
RE

--
Steve

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some folks just don't have any film.

sf 07-08-2004 07:35 PM

Freezing bottled Blue Cheese dressing?

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 00:00:03 -0400,
wrote:

> i live in a small town and it is almost impossible to find Marie's Lite
> Blue Cheese dressing. i have found a small amount of it.......but.......
>
> Can this dressing be frozen? It comes in a plastic bottle which i can
> keep in or transfer to a better freezer container?

It keeps quite a long time in the fridge. Why are you
considering freezing it?

sf

07-08-2004 10:34 PM

Freezing bottled Blue Cheese dressing?

In article >,
says...
> On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 00:00:03 -0400,

> wrote:
>
> > i live in a small town and it is almost impossible to find Marie's Lite
> > Blue Cheese dressing. i have found a small amount of it.......but.......
> >
> > Can this dressing be frozen? It comes in a plastic bottle which i can
> > keep in or transfer to a better freezer container?
> >

> It keeps quite a long time in the fridge. Why are you
> considering freezing it?
>
> sf
> Practice safe eating - always use condiments

Because the stuff is so scarce in her area, I think she's considering
buying a bunch and freezing some for future use, thus avoiding dry
spells between visits to a dependable Marie's Lite source.

If the stuff can be frozen, it will definitely freeze better if vacuum
packed in a Foodsaver... ;-)

Bob

07-08-2004 10:34 PM