Old 05-08-2004, 08:03 PM
Denise~*

Default How do you say cauliflower

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 11:20:55 -0400, "limey" wrote:

That's news to me, Denise. I say "ideah", and pronounce "war" with no
emphasis on the "r". Do you have examples - and what part of England,
since accents vary a great deal?

When I listen to LedZeppelin! :-)

Okay, Okay, I'll explain.

Robert Plant says "Mama" a lot in the songs, and it comes out "Momar"
The R is very faint, but it's there! I have heard it in other ways
too, but I cannot think of any other examples at the moment.
It's not like adding an R to "Idea", to make "Idear". It's more of an
inflection in the voice that always seems to be there.
Really and for true!

I believe Robert is from Worcester or Worchestire?

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...
A true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
"Damn...that was fun!"

Old 05-08-2004, 09:44 PM
limey

"Denise~*"wrote in message
limey wrote:

That's news to me, Denise. I say "ideah", and pronounce "war" with no
emphasis on the "r". Do you have examples - and what part of England,
since accents vary a great deal?

When I listen to LedZeppelin! :-)

Funny!

Okay, Okay, I'll explain.

Robert Plant says "Mama" a lot in the songs, and it comes out "Momar"
The R is very faint, but it's there! I have heard it in other ways
too, but I cannot think of any other examples at the moment.
It's not like adding an R to "Idea", to make "Idear". It's more of an
inflection in the voice that always seems to be there.
Really and for true!

I believe Robert is from Worcester or Worchestire?

Denise

Maybe it's just Robert? I don't know how he sounds - I'm no authority on
Led Zeppelin. I'm confounded - R's at the ends of words are sounded in the
US, but not in usual BBC-type English pronunciation. It might be a regional
thing, though.

Back to the thread - I'm going to correct mine to coll-uh-flower.

Dora

Dora

Old 05-08-2004, 10:24 PM
Nancy Young

Default Fun and games at the supermarket

(laughing) It's gotten a lot better since Albertson's has taken over,
but there is still the occasional supermarket moment. Don't get me
started that you can hardly get around the store anymore, they have
so many of those cardboard display things.

So, I'm pulling out of the parking lot when a voice SCREAMS at me,
YOU HAVE TO STOP FOR PEDESTRIANS!!!!!!!! Hello, I saw them, they
were not even out of the door. I'm very careful like that, I saw
they had kids and I know they can run out. I saw, I watched and I
rolled out at maybe 3 miles an hour.

She got THE LOOK. She was more of a pedestrian than that family,
she was closer to the street and that was still like 10 feet from
the street.

nancy

Old 05-08-2004, 11:13 PM
Nancy Young

Dog3 wrote:

Nancy Young tip tapped

She got THE LOOK. She was more of a pedestrian than that family,
she was closer to the street and that was still like 10 feet from
the street.

And she'll be the first one to mow a pedestrian down when the pedestrian
has the green light.

(laugh) Wouldn't surprise me. The funny thing is, I worked for
insurance companies for so many years it's not funny, and I am well
aware of how *deadly* parking lots are. Hey, if I am planning to
back up out of a spot, I don't move when I see a family packing up
their car until I know the kidlins are packed away, too.

And this scary employee is screaming at me???

nancy
Old 05-08-2004, 11:13 PM
Nancy Young

Nancy Young tip tapped

Old 06-08-2004, 09:30 PM
Paul M. Cookę«

--

Don't spy to reply.

"Nancy Young" wrote in message

(laughing) It's gotten a lot better since Albertson's has taken over,
but there is still the occasional supermarket moment. Don't get me
started that you can hardly get around the store anymore, they have
so many of those cardboard display things.

So, I'm pulling out of the parking lot when a voice SCREAMS at me,
YOU HAVE TO STOP FOR PEDESTRIANS!!!!!!!! Hello, I saw them, they
were not even out of the door. I'm very careful like that, I saw
they had kids and I know they can run out. I saw, I watched and I
rolled out at maybe 3 miles an hour.

She got THE LOOK. She was more of a pedestrian than that family,
she was closer to the street and that was still like 10 feet from
the street.

I wish I had a nickel for every time I've seen a huge-assed SUV loaded with
young kids speeding down the freeway at 90 mph with mommy yacking away on
the cell phone. Or watching as mommy barges through a red-light at high
speed no doubt late for junior's softball game or her daughter's play date.

Paul

Old 06-08-2004, 10:25 PM
Nancy Young

"Paul M. Cookę«" wrote:

"Nancy Young" wrote in message

She got THE LOOK. She was more of a pedestrian than that family,
she was closer to the street and that was still like 10 feet from
the street.

I wish I had a nickel for every time I've seen a huge-assed SUV loaded with
young kids speeding down the freeway at 90 mph with mommy yacking away on
the cell phone. Or watching as mommy barges through a red-light at high
speed no doubt late for junior's softball game or her daughter's play date.

Oh, it's rampant here, and I'm not kidding. It's like giant bullies
flying around. I have no idea why driving an SUV does this to people.
and WHAT IS WITH THE *AMB PHONE??? SHUT UP.

Heaven forbid you see one of those behind you, you're afraid to slow
down, they'll run you over.

nancy

Old 07-08-2004, 04:40 AM
Lynn Gifford

Its a closely guarded secret that SUVs all come with a separate tank
containing syntyhetic testosterone
Lynn from Fargo

Old 07-08-2004, 04:54 AM
zxcvbob

Nancy Young wrote:

Heaven forbid you see one of those [soccer mom in an SUV] behind you,
you're afraid to slow down, they'll run you over.

nancy

I don't really have a problem with it. I'm either driving a full size
pickup truck with a huge heavy rear bumper, or in a buick with a bicycle
rack on the trailer hitch. The bicycle rack is made of heavy pipe, and
looks like a scorpion stinger -- it's very intimidating and would do a
number on their radiator. :-)

Bob

Old 07-08-2004, 04:54 AM
zxcvbob

Nancy Young wrote:

Heaven forbid you see one of those [soccer mom in an SUV] behind you,
you're afraid to slow down, they'll run you over.

nancy

I don't really have a problem with it. I'm either driving a full size
pickup truck with a huge heavy rear bumper, or in a buick with a bicycle
rack on the trailer hitch. The bicycle rack is made of heavy pipe, and
looks like a scorpion stinger -- it's very intimidating and would do a
number on their radiator. :-)

Bob

Cauliflower Ophelia[_9_] General Cooking 126 18-09-2013 05:55 PM
Cauliflower sf[_9_] General Cooking 9 18-09-2013 02:52 AM
Cauliflower Jean B.[_1_] General Cooking 0 16-09-2013 11:37 PM
Cauliflower Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 0 15-09-2013 11:10 PM
Cauliflower Ophelia[_9_] General Cooking 0 14-09-2013 06:26 PM