Old 05-08-2004, 06:35 AM
Denise~*

Default How do you say cauliflower

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 04:00:31 GMT, sf wrote:

Correct. The "i" in cauliflower is a short "i" as in "ick"
and pig.

Thank you, finally somebody who see's in my way :-)

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...
A true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
"Damn...that was fun!"

Old 05-08-2004, 08:12 AM
-L. :

Denise~* wrote in message . ..
I tend to say it with a long "a" like "ahh" and a flat "i", like "eh"

I'm with you.

Call-a-flower (flat "a"s), sort of.

-L.
(Born and raised in the midwest, transplanted all over the US, currently PNWer)

Old 05-08-2004, 09:02 AM
sf

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 17:50:50 -0700, Denise~*
wrote:

I have grown up my entire life hearing it my way, in the northWEST :-)

Really??? They say Colleeflower up there? I don't believe
you!

I lived in the midwest and then california for most of my
life. The ONLY person I can think of who has ever said it
that way is "Arnie", the governator.

sf

Old 05-08-2004, 09:54 AM
Denise~*

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 08:02:15 GMT, sf wrote:

I have grown up my entire life hearing it my way, in the northWEST :-)

Really??? They say Colleeflower up there? I don't believe
you!

I lived in the midwest and then california for most of my
life. The ONLY person I can think of who has ever said it
that way is "Arnie", the governator.

No, my way is the other way.

Old 05-08-2004, 10:23 AM
Nancree

Check out http://www.yourdictionary.com/ahd/pron/C0171900.wav

for pronumciation of "cauliflower".
Nancree
Old 05-08-2004, 10:23 AM
Nancree

Old 05-08-2004, 10:23 AM
Nancree

Old 05-08-2004, 11:06 AM
sf

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 22:34:20 -0700, Denise~*
wrote:

Silent L & Flat A = Tahhk (but said quickly, no drawl)

Rhyme: Hawk/talk
http://12.129.203.36/cgi-bin/dictionary

sf

Old 05-08-2004, 01:14 PM
Julia Altshuler

jmcquown wrote:

Two women in an airport, one of them from the south. She says to the
northern woman, where are you from? The northern woman looks down her nose
and says snootily "I am FROM a place where we don't end a sentence with a
preposition". The southern woman thinks for a moment, then says, "Okay,
where you from, Bitch?"

That's not the 2 women at the airport joke. That one goes like this:

Two women are chatting while waiting for a flight at the airport. One
says that she's from such a small town that no one ever locks their car
doors-- except in the summer. The other nods sympathetically and says
crime must increase in the tourist season. "No, no," exclaims the
other. "It's just that someone might come and fill it with zucchini."

--Lia

Old 05-08-2004, 01:14 PM
Julia Altshuler

jmcquown wrote:

Two women in an airport, one of them from the south. She says to the
northern woman, where are you from? The northern woman looks down her nose
and says snootily "I am FROM a place where we don't end a sentence with a
preposition". The southern woman thinks for a moment, then says, "Okay,
where you from, Bitch?"

That's not the 2 women at the airport joke. That one goes like this:

Two women are chatting while waiting for a flight at the airport. One
says that she's from such a small town that no one ever locks their car
doors-- except in the summer. The other nods sympathetically and says
crime must increase in the tourist season. "No, no," exclaims the
other. "It's just that someone might come and fill it with zucchini."

--Lia

Cauliflower Ophelia[_9_] General Cooking 126 18-09-2013 05:55 PM
Cauliflower sf[_9_] General Cooking 9 18-09-2013 02:52 AM
Cauliflower Jean B.[_1_] General Cooking 0 16-09-2013 11:37 PM
Cauliflower Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 0 15-09-2013 11:10 PM
Cauliflower Ophelia[_9_] General Cooking 0 14-09-2013 06:26 PM