Charlene Charette

Default party ideas needed - h2g2

My husband is turning 42 this November (yes, I plan things early) and
wants a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy party. Since you were so
helpful for his Jimmy Buffet party I thought I'd ask here for food
suggestions. I'm thinking munchies/snacks, rather than a meal.

TIA,
--Charlene

--
POLITICAL REFLECTION
Discretion is the better part of virtue;

--

email perronnelle at earthlink . net
Ranee Mueller

In article et>,
Charlene Charette > wrote:

> My husband is turning 42 this November (yes, I plan things early) and
> wants a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy party. Since you were so
> helpful for his Jimmy Buffet party I thought I'd ask here for food
> suggestions. I'm thinking munchies/snacks, rather than a meal.

Pan galactic gargle blasters. I don't know how you'd make them, but
they need to be on the menu.

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove do not and spam to e-mail me.

"The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of
heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man." Acts 17:24
Ranee Mueller

In article et>,
Charlene Charette > wrote:

> My husband is turning 42 this November (yes, I plan things early) and
> wants a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy party. Since you were so
> helpful for his Jimmy Buffet party I thought I'd ask here for food
> suggestions. I'm thinking munchies/snacks, rather than a meal.

Pan galactic gargle blasters. I don't know how you'd make them, but
they need to be on the menu.

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove do not and spam to e-mail me.

"The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of
heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man." Acts 17:24
Jason Tinling

Ranee Mueller > wrote in news:raneemdonot-
:

> Pan galactic gargle blasters. I don't know how you'd make them, but
> they need to be on the menu.
>
> Regards,
> Ranee

Take a gold brick...wrap a lemon around it...

Jason

Kswck

"Charlene Charette" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> My husband is turning 42 this November (yes, I plan things early) and
> wants a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy party. Since you were so
> helpful for his Jimmy Buffet party I thought I'd ask here for food
> suggestions. I'm thinking munchies/snacks, rather than a meal.
>
> TIA,
> --Charlene

Gyn-N-Tonic As I believe Ford was credited with in the So Long and Thanks
for All The Fish book.

Jason Tinling

"Kswck" > wrote in news:cnQPc.666$Nw3.785847
@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:

> "Charlene Charette" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
>> My husband is turning 42 this November (yes, I plan things early) and
>> wants a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy party. Since you were so
>> helpful for his Jimmy Buffet party I thought I'd ask here for food
>> suggestions. I'm thinking munchies/snacks, rather than a meal.
>>
>> TIA,
>> --Charlene

"The secret to healthy hitchhiking is to eat junk food"

~~~~~~~

Smoked Salmon of Doubt on toast points with cream cheese

~~~~~~~

Maybe some cookies to match the towels from Restaurant? White and yellow
stripes, pink flowers, brown stains.

~~~~~~~

To make a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster using Terran ingredients:

Take the liquid contained in a 200 ml bottle of EverClear to remind you
that your head will be clear forever if you drink too many Pan Galactic
Gargle Blasters, and that your brain will clear of anything soon after
you start drinking some, if not before.

Into it, slowly pour a 750 ml bottle of Bombay Sapphire to remind you of
the marvelous beauty of the old Santraginean seas, or an equal amount of
Jeremiah Weed in acknowledgement of what has happened to the Santraginean
Seas and their lifeforms.

Now add 750 ml of Cold Wild Turkey, letting it run into the mixture as we
run through life to remind us of all the lifeforms we meet and experience
while hitchhiking through the galaxy.

Speedily stirring, add 375 ml of Herradua Tequila, mixing it in to
commemorate the galactic hitchhikers who died of pleasure among the
vapors and gasses in the marshes of Fallia.

Over the bowl of a silver spoon, let flow 1 liter of rum in memory of the
waterfalls and their glorious rainbows encountered on your journeys
through the galaxy of life.

Next, drop in the worm found in a bottle of Musquil, watching it dissolve
into the mixture. If the bottom falls out and the worm survives, drink at
your own risk.

Finally, sprinkle into the mixture some Gatorade to commemorate the
lifeforms which have vanished and are becoming extinct, both sentient and
non-sentient, especially those most in need of aid.

If this many Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters are too many for the number of
people you think you are, mix together the following amounts of
ingredients as described above for a single serving.

1 oz. EverClear
4 oz. Bombay Sapphire or Jeremiah Weed
4 oz. Cold Wild Turkey
2 oz. Herredura Tequila
5 oz. Rum
1 worm from bottle of Mezcal

2 oz. Gatorade
This makes one approximately 18 ounce Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. The
reason this drink seems so large is that Zaphod Beeblebrox has two heads,
so when he created it, it came out to 9 ounces per head, so both were
happy.

Before drinking, eat one olive to create a sweetness in it which is not
there.

Drink very, very extremely carefully at your own risk, and remember where
your towel is (if you can).
Jason Tinling

> [...]

people you think you are, mix together the following amounts of
ingredients as described above for a single serving.

1 oz. EverClear
4 oz. Bombay Sapphire or Jeremiah Weed
4 oz. Cold Wild Turkey
2 oz. Herredura Tequila
5 oz. Rum
1 worm from bottle of Mezcal

2 oz. Gatorade
This makes one approximately 18 ounce Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. The
reason this drink seems so large is that Zaphod Beeblebrox has two heads,
so when he created it, it came out to 9 ounces per head, so both were
happy.

Before drinking, eat one olive to create a sweetness in it which is not
there.

Drink very, very extremely carefully at your own risk, and remember where
Jason Tinling

> [...]

people you think you are, mix together the following amounts of
ingredients as described above for a single serving.

1 oz. EverClear
4 oz. Bombay Sapphire or Jeremiah Weed
4 oz. Cold Wild Turkey
2 oz. Herredura Tequila
5 oz. Rum
1 worm from bottle of Mezcal

2 oz. Gatorade
This makes one approximately 18 ounce Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. The
reason this drink seems so large is that Zaphod Beeblebrox has two heads,
so when he created it, it came out to 9 ounces per head, so both were
happy.

Before drinking, eat one olive to create a sweetness in it which is not
there.

Drink very, very extremely carefully at your own risk, and remember where
Dimitri

"Charlene Charette" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> My husband is turning 42 this November (yes, I plan things early) and
> wants a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy party. Since you were so
> helpful for his Jimmy Buffet party I thought I'd ask here for food
> suggestions. I'm thinking munchies/snacks, rather than a meal.
>
> TIA,
> --Charlene
>
> --
> POLITICAL REFLECTION
> Discretion is the better part of virtue;
> Commitments the voters don't know about can't hurt you.
> --Ogden Nash
>
> --
>
> email perronnelle at earthlink . net

Why creamed Babblefish on toast of course, served at Cafe at the End of the
Universe

Dimitri

Jeff Bienstadt

Charlene Charette wrote:

> My husband is turning 42 this November (yes, I plan things early) and
> wants a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy party. Since you were so
> helpful for his Jimmy Buffet party I thought I'd ask here for food
> suggestions. I'm thinking munchies/snacks, rather than a meal.
>
> TIA,
> --Charlene

Something almost, but not quite, totally unlike tea.

---jkb

--
"No sprinkles! For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!"
-- Stewie Griffin

Jeff Bienstadt

Charlene Charette wrote:

> My husband is turning 42 this November (yes, I plan things early) and
> wants a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy party. Since you were so
> helpful for his Jimmy Buffet party I thought I'd ask here for food
> suggestions. I'm thinking munchies/snacks, rather than a meal.
>
> TIA,
> --Charlene

Something almost, but not quite, totally unlike tea.

---jkb

--
"No sprinkles! For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!"
-- Stewie Griffin

Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat

"Charlene Charette" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> My husband is turning 42 this November (yes, I plan things early) and
> wants a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy party. Since you were so
> helpful for his Jimmy Buffet party I thought I'd ask here for food
> suggestions. I'm thinking munchies/snacks, rather than a meal.

Whatever you fix, make sure that if it was once alive it volunteered to be
killed, has been force feeding itself for weeks and be sure to give it a gun
to go and shoot itself.

Or, just a plain green salad, please.

Rachael
(delurking)

Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat

"Charlene Charette" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> My husband is turning 42 this November (yes, I plan things early) and
> wants a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy party. Since you were so
> helpful for his Jimmy Buffet party I thought I'd ask here for food
> suggestions. I'm thinking munchies/snacks, rather than a meal.

Whatever you fix, make sure that if it was once alive it volunteered to be
killed, has been force feeding itself for weeks and be sure to give it a gun
to go and shoot itself.

Or, just a plain green salad, please.

Rachael
(delurking)

BOB

Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat wrote:
> "Charlene Charette" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
>> My husband is turning 42 this November (yes, I plan things early) and
>> wants a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy party. Since you were so
>> helpful for his Jimmy Buffet party I thought I'd ask here for food
>> suggestions. I'm thinking munchies/snacks, rather than a meal.
>>

> Whatever you fix, make sure that if it was once alive it volunteered to be
> killed, has been force feeding itself for weeks and be sure to give it a gun
> to go and shoot itself.
>
> Or, just a plain green salad, please.
>

> Rachael
> (delurking)

What, exactly, would you eat that has never been alive? That salad was (and
probably still is) once living. You slice into those tomatos after you've
yanked them from the plant, tear the "flesh" from the lettuce. I won't even
mention what you've done to the cucumbers.

BOB

BOB

Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat wrote:
> "Charlene Charette" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
>> My husband is turning 42 this November (yes, I plan things early) and
>> wants a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy party. Since you were so
>> helpful for his Jimmy Buffet party I thought I'd ask here for food
>> suggestions. I'm thinking munchies/snacks, rather than a meal.
>>

> Whatever you fix, make sure that if it was once alive it volunteered to be
> killed, has been force feeding itself for weeks and be sure to give it a gun
> to go and shoot itself.
>
> Or, just a plain green salad, please.
>

> Rachael
> (delurking)

What, exactly, would you eat that has never been alive? That salad was (and
probably still is) once living. You slice into those tomatos after you've
yanked them from the plant, tear the "flesh" from the lettuce. I won't even
mention what you've done to the cucumbers.

BOB

Miche

In article et>,
Charlene Charette > wrote:

> My husband is turning 42 this November (yes, I plan things early) and
> wants a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy party. Since you were so
> helpful for his Jimmy Buffet party I thought I'd ask here for food
> suggestions. I'm thinking munchies/snacks, rather than a meal.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters.

1 bottle blue Curacao
2 bottles vodka
7 bottles champagne

Mix well in a punch bowl.

To make each drink, put a white cocktail onion and a sugar cube soaked
in bitters in the bottom of a glass. Fill with the "punch".

Enjoy (slowly -- seriously, this is a drink for sipping, not quaffing).

Miche

--
If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud.
-- Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"

Miche