Bob (this one)

Default Rib steaks

Bought a whole boneless beef rib section at Costco yesterday. 14+=20
pounds for about $79. Cut it into 28 steaks tonight. Lightly salted=20
and dipped each one in seasoned oil, and laid them on top of each=20
other in a plastic container. On Thursday, I'll wrap them individually=20
and freeze at -20=B0F. They'll be gone in maybe 3 weeks. Family coming=20
end of next week and a different group the following week.

Wonderful... And the other foods will be good, too. This is farm=20
country and the produce this year is just brilliant. Good rainfall,=20
plenty of sun. Lots of demand so the farmers are doing well.

Pastorio

limey

"Bob (this one)" wrote in message

Bought a whole boneless beef rib section at Costco yesterday. 14+
pounds for about $79. Cut it into 28 steaks tonight. Lightly salted
and dipped each one in seasoned oil, and laid them on top of each
other in a plastic container.

<snip>
Pastorio

You may remember my plea for help some weeks back about cooking a whole beef
rib section on a rotisserie we had just bought for the outside grill.
We, too, bought that beef at Costco - about 14 pounds or so for about $78.

Our (lack of) experience was pretty hilarious. At first, the rotisserie
wouldn't turn properly, but finally did after the meat shrank a little.
The hardest thing was controlling the flare-ups - at one point, I ran away
because the whole roast caught fire! All in all, it took about two hours
to cook and other than looking a little black on the outside it tasted fine
and all the guests raved about it, polite as they probably were. I had to
take two aspirin and lie down.....

Anyway, carried away by our success, we bought a second one - same weight
and about the same price. This time, we had it cut into 3/4" steaks and
finished up with 18 or 19. They're going to have to be trimmed a little.
We're having the first two for dinner tonight and plan to let our daughter
carry away some when she visits.

One point is - the price sounds high, but with the current price of steak at
our market (around $11 or $12 a pound for Select grade, vs. Costco's Choice
grade) it's finishing up as a pretty economical purchase.

Dora

Bob (this one)

Dog3 wrote:

> "Bob (this one)" > got ****ed off and typed=20
> :
>=20
>=20
>>Bought a whole boneless beef rib section at Costco yesterday. 14+=20
>>pounds for about $79. Cut it into 28 steaks tonight. Lightly salted=20
>>and dipped each one in seasoned oil, and laid them on top of each=20
>>other in a plastic container. On Thursday, I'll wrap them individually =

>>and freeze at -20=B0F. They'll be gone in maybe 3 weeks. Family coming =

>>end of next week and a different group the following week.
>>
>>Wonderful... And the other foods will be good, too. This is farm=20
>>country and the produce this year is just brilliant. Good rainfall,=20
>>plenty of sun. Lots of demand so the farmers are doing well.
>>
>>Pastorio

>=20
> Sounds terrific. Sounds like a bargain on the steaks. Do you put was pa=

per=20
> between the steaks before freezing?

I wrap them individually, so no paper necessary. Had three of them=20
tonight. Zowie were they good. Slightly charred on the outside, red=20
centers.

Pastorio

Bob (this one)

Dog3 wrote:

> "Bob (this one)" > got ****ed off and typed=20
> :
>=20
>=20
>>Bought a whole boneless beef rib section at Costco yesterday. 14+=20
>>pounds for about $79. Cut it into 28 steaks tonight. Lightly salted=20
>>and dipped each one in seasoned oil, and laid them on top of each=20
>>other in a plastic container. On Thursday, I'll wrap them individually =

>>and freeze at -20=B0F. They'll be gone in maybe 3 weeks. Family coming =

>>end of next week and a different group the following week.
>>
>>Wonderful... And the other foods will be good, too. This is farm=20
>>country and the produce this year is just brilliant. Good rainfall,=20
>>plenty of sun. Lots of demand so the farmers are doing well.
>>
>>Pastorio

>=20
> Sounds terrific. Sounds like a bargain on the steaks. Do you put was pa=

per=20
> between the steaks before freezing?

I wrap them individually, so no paper necessary. Had three of them=20
tonight. Zowie were they good. Slightly charred on the outside, red=20
centers.

Pastorio

Bob (this one)

Dog3 wrote:

> "Bob (this one)" > got ****ed off and typed=20
> :
>=20
>=20
>>Bought a whole boneless beef rib section at Costco yesterday. 14+=20
>>pounds for about $79. Cut it into 28 steaks tonight. Lightly salted=20
>>and dipped each one in seasoned oil, and laid them on top of each=20
>>other in a plastic container. On Thursday, I'll wrap them individually =

>>and freeze at -20=B0F. They'll be gone in maybe 3 weeks. Family coming =

>>end of next week and a different group the following week.
>>
>>Wonderful... And the other foods will be good, too. This is farm=20
>>country and the produce this year is just brilliant. Good rainfall,=20
>>plenty of sun. Lots of demand so the farmers are doing well.
>>
>>Pastorio

>=20
> Sounds terrific. Sounds like a bargain on the steaks. Do you put was pa=

per=20
> between the steaks before freezing?

I wrap them individually, so no paper necessary. Had three of them=20
tonight. Zowie were they good. Slightly charred on the outside, red=20
centers.

Pastorio

Skirt steaks and flank steaks [email protected] General Cooking 103 29-05-2009 06:35 PM
Steaks Joseph Barbecue 18 12-04-2008 08:22 PM
argentina on 2 steaks a day.... Doby show General Cooking 0 12-04-2006 09:44 PM
Steaks? Tess General Cooking 23 21-12-2004 05:53 PM