Kate Connally

Default Favorite seafood other than fish?

Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my
favorite "fish". Sorry.

All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish
about crawdads - if I could just get the meat, not
in the shell . . . .

No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million
years.

And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins,
and all the other coelenterates, too.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

jmcquown

Kate Connally wrote:
> Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my
> favorite "fish". Sorry.

Crab, absolutely! All kinds, blue, king, snow, dungenness

> All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish
> about crawdads - if I could just get the meat, not
> in the shell . . . .

I can by crawfish tail meat all buy itself; no shells here

Here's a great recipe; I replicated it from the Bayou Bar & Grill in midtown
Memphis and got confirmation from the chef via email I was right on. No
measures here, you just sort of throw it together.

Catfish Acadian

2 catfish fillets (about 1 lb total)
seasoned bread crumbs
butter
olive oil
diced celery
diced onion
diced garlic
crawfish tail meat
cream
salt
cayenne pepper

Lightly coat the catfish fillets with breadcrumbs and then pan-fry in
oil/butter until just browned. Plate and hold in a hot oven. Saute the
onion, celery and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the crawfish tail
meat and cook until pink (if already cooked, heat through). Stir in the
cream and season with salt & cayenne pepper. Pour this sauce over the
plated fish and serve.

> No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million
> years.

I eat clams in chowder or deep fried. You can forget about oysters. No
way, no how

Jill

> And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins,
> and all the other coelenterates, too.
>
> Kate

jmcquown

Kate Connally wrote:
> Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my
> favorite "fish". Sorry.

Crab, absolutely! All kinds, blue, king, snow, dungenness

> All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish
> about crawdads - if I could just get the meat, not
> in the shell . . . .

I can by crawfish tail meat all buy itself; no shells here

Here's a great recipe; I replicated it from the Bayou Bar & Grill in midtown
Memphis and got confirmation from the chef via email I was right on. No
measures here, you just sort of throw it together.

Catfish Acadian

2 catfish fillets (about 1 lb total)
seasoned bread crumbs
butter
olive oil
diced celery
diced onion
diced garlic
crawfish tail meat
cream
salt
cayenne pepper

Lightly coat the catfish fillets with breadcrumbs and then pan-fry in
oil/butter until just browned. Plate and hold in a hot oven. Saute the
onion, celery and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the crawfish tail
meat and cook until pink (if already cooked, heat through). Stir in the
cream and season with salt & cayenne pepper. Pour this sauce over the
plated fish and serve.

> No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million
> years.

I eat clams in chowder or deep fried. You can forget about oysters. No
way, no how

Jill

> And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins,
> and all the other coelenterates, too.
>
> Kate

axlq

In article >,
Kate Connally > wrote:
>Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my favorite "fish".
>Sorry.
>
>All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish about crawdads -
>if I could just get the meat, not in the shell . . . .

Think of them as small freshwater lobsters. They're actually easier
to peel than lobsters. And yes, you can get them shelled.

Actually rock shrimp are more like small lobsters, in taste,
texture, and color. I've even seen restaurants advertising a
lobster dish, where they used rock shrimp. The lobster tacos sold
at Una Mas have no lobster in them, it's all rock shrimp.

I miss living on the Maine coast... lobster is so inexpensive there
(sigh). Even McDonald's sells lobster sandwiches in the summertime,
and they're actually good.

>No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million years.

If you haven't yet tried conch fritters or baby abalone, you might
change your mind.

>And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins, and all the
>other coelenterates, too.

You gotta try Sea Cucumber, just once. Once is all *I* needed,
although I've eaten it since (not by choice, but because someone
served it to me). Sort of reminded me of putting a big rind of pork
fat into my mouth, only without the greasy feeling. Ick.

-A
axlq

In article >,
Kate Connally > wrote:
>Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my favorite "fish".
>Sorry.
>
>All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish about crawdads -
>if I could just get the meat, not in the shell . . . .

Think of them as small freshwater lobsters. They're actually easier
to peel than lobsters. And yes, you can get them shelled.

Actually rock shrimp are more like small lobsters, in taste,
texture, and color. I've even seen restaurants advertising a
lobster dish, where they used rock shrimp. The lobster tacos sold
at Una Mas have no lobster in them, it's all rock shrimp.

I miss living on the Maine coast... lobster is so inexpensive there
(sigh). Even McDonald's sells lobster sandwiches in the summertime,
and they're actually good.

>No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million years.

If you haven't yet tried conch fritters or baby abalone, you might
change your mind.

>And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins, and all the
>other coelenterates, too.

You gotta try Sea Cucumber, just once. Once is all *I* needed,
although I've eaten it since (not by choice, but because someone
served it to me). Sort of reminded me of putting a big rind of pork
fat into my mouth, only without the greasy feeling. Ick.

-A

Peter Aitken

"Kate Connally" > wrote in message
> Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my
> favorite "fish". Sorry.
>
> All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish
> about crawdads - if I could just get the meat, not
> in the shell . . . .
>
> No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million
> years.
>
> And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins,
> and all the other coelenterates, too.
>
> Kate

No molluscs!?!? No clams, no oysters, no scallops? Please send your share
this way!

--
Peter Aitken

Peter Aitken

"Kate Connally" > wrote in message
> Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my
> favorite "fish". Sorry.
>
> All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish
> about crawdads - if I could just get the meat, not
> in the shell . . . .
>
> No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million
> years.
>
> And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins,
> and all the other coelenterates, too.
>
> Kate

No molluscs!?!? No clams, no oysters, no scallops? Please send your share
this way!

--
Peter Aitken

Peter Aitken

"Kate Connally" > wrote in message
> Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my
> favorite "fish". Sorry.
>
> All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish
> about crawdads - if I could just get the meat, not
> in the shell . . . .
>
> No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million
> years.
>
> And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins,
> and all the other coelenterates, too.
>
> Kate

No molluscs!?!? No clams, no oysters, no scallops? Please send your share
this way!

--
Peter Aitken

WardNA

>>And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins, and all the
>>other coelenterates, too.

>You gotta try Sea Cucumber, just once.

Those are all echinoderms, not coelenterates.
WardNA

>>And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins, and all the
>>other coelenterates, too.

>You gotta try Sea Cucumber, just once.

Those are all echinoderms, not coelenterates.

WardNA

>>And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins, and all the
>>other coelenterates, too.

>You gotta try Sea Cucumber, just once.

Those are all echinoderms, not coelenterates.
byakee

A shot rang out! And Kate Connally > said:

> Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my
> favorite "fish". Sorry.
>
> All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish
> about crawdads - if I could just get the meat, not
> in the shell . . . .
>
> No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million
> years.
>
> And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins,
> and all the other coelenterates, too.

I don't think I could pick a favorite -- I love Dungeness crab,
oysters, clams, shrimp, prawns, geoduck. I guess I'd say the crab,
since I thought of that first. Never had a sea urchin or a real
Maine lobster (Red SLobster doesn't count)...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF
byakee

A shot rang out! And Kate Connally > said:

> Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my
> favorite "fish". Sorry.
>
> All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish
> about crawdads - if I could just get the meat, not
> in the shell . . . .
>
> No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million
> years.
>
> And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins,
> and all the other coelenterates, too.

I don't think I could pick a favorite -- I love Dungeness crab,
oysters, clams, shrimp, prawns, geoduck. I guess I'd say the crab,
since I thought of that first. Never had a sea urchin or a real
Maine lobster (Red SLobster doesn't count)...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF
(COLD to HOT for e-mail)
byakee

A shot rang out! And Kate Connally > said:

> Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my
> favorite "fish". Sorry.
>
> All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish
> about crawdads - if I could just get the meat, not
> in the shell . . . .
>
> No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million
> years.
>
> And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins,
> and all the other coelenterates, too.

I don't think I could pick a favorite -- I love Dungeness crab,
oysters, clams, shrimp, prawns, geoduck. I guess I'd say the crab,
since I thought of that first. Never had a sea urchin or a real
Maine lobster (Red SLobster doesn't count)...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF
(COLD to HOT for e-mail)
Jessica V.

Kate Connally wrote:
> Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my
> favorite "fish". Sorry.
>
> All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish
> about crawdads - if I could just get the meat, not
> in the shell . . . .
>
> No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million
> years.
>
> And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins,
> and all the other coelenterates, too.
>
> Kate

Just one favorite...

I enjoy almost all of them, the tiny sweet Maine shrimp are probably my
favorite though in the winter they have tanks of them live at the sushi
restaurants here...yum. Cooked almost any way works as well.

Lobster I like but I'm spoiled living in Maine I can have it
anytime...it's "expensive" now at $7.99/lb.

I really, really like seafood. My few dislikes are eel and squid. Eel
I simply don't care for and all the squid I've ever had had the texture
of rubber bands.

Jessica

Jessica V.

Kate Connally wrote:
> Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my
> favorite "fish". Sorry.
>
> All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish
> about crawdads - if I could just get the meat, not
> in the shell . . . .
>
> No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million
> years.
>
> And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins,
> and all the other coelenterates, too.
>
> Kate

Just one favorite...

I enjoy almost all of them, the tiny sweet Maine shrimp are probably my
favorite though in the winter they have tanks of them live at the sushi
restaurants here...yum. Cooked almost any way works as well.

Lobster I like but I'm spoiled living in Maine I can have it
anytime...it's "expensive" now at $7.99/lb.

I really, really like seafood. My few dislikes are eel and squid. Eel
I simply don't care for and all the squid I've ever had had the texture
of rubber bands.

Jessica
PENMART01

>I really, really like seafood. My few dislikes are eel and squid. Eel
>I simply don't care for and all the squid I've ever had had the texture
>of rubber bands.
>
>Jessica

Well, you're not supposed to chew their testicles.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>I really, really like seafood. My few dislikes are eel and squid. Eel
>I simply don't care for and all the squid I've ever had had the texture
>of rubber bands.
>
>Jessica

Well, you're not supposed to chew their testicles.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Bob

Kate wrote:

> All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish
> about crawdads - if I could just get the meat, not
> in the shell . . . .
>
> No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million
> years.
>
> And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins,
> and all the other coelenterates, too.

I like all these:

Lobster
Scallops
Shrimp
Crabs (especially king crab)
Oysters
Clams
Conch
Mussels
Squid
Langoustine
Crayfish
Octopus

I'd like to try abalone someday; my sister is sure that I'd like it.

Thing is, some of those items are easily ruined, so many people might be put
off by them because they've never had them properly prepared.

I didn't care for jellyfish or sea cucumber; I didn't think either of them
had much taste. I didn't care for sea urchin either: it *had* a taste, and I
didn't like it.

Oh, I guess seaweed counts as "seafood other than fish," too. I like several
kinds of seaweed, but I never identified which ones I like.

Bob

Bob

Kate wrote:

> All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish
> about crawdads - if I could just get the meat, not
> in the shell . . . .
>
> No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million
> years.
>
> And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins,
> and all the other coelenterates, too.

I like all these:

Lobster
Scallops
Shrimp
Crabs (especially king crab)
Oysters
Clams
Conch
Mussels
Squid
Langoustine
Crayfish
Octopus

I'd like to try abalone someday; my sister is sure that I'd like it.

Thing is, some of those items are easily ruined, so many people might be put
off by them because they've never had them properly prepared.

I didn't care for jellyfish or sea cucumber; I didn't think either of them
had much taste. I didn't care for sea urchin either: it *had* a taste, and I
didn't like it.

Oh, I guess seaweed counts as "seafood other than fish," too. I like several
kinds of seaweed, but I never identified which ones I like.

Bob

PENMART01

>"Bob" virtualgoth
>
>>Kate wrote:
>>
>> All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish
>> about crawdads - if I could just get the meat, not
>> in the shell . . . .
>>
>> No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million
>> years.
>>
>> And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins,
>> and all the other coelenterates, too.

>I like all these:
>
>Lobster
>Scallops
>Shrimp
>Crabs (especially king crab)
>Oysters
>Clams
>Conch
>Mussels
>Squid
>Langoustine
>Crayfish
>Octopus
>
>I'd like to try abalone someday; my sister is sure that I'd like it.

Add whelk to your list, scungilli is by far my favorite.

whelk [HWEHLK, WEHLK]
This member of the GASTROPOD branch of the MOLLUSK family is a large marine
snail. It has a beautiful spiraled shell and a rather tough but flavorful
footlike muscle. Although the waved whelk is found along America's northern
Atlantic coast, it has never gained wide popularity in the United States.
Knobbed whelks and channeled whelks are also marketed in the States. Fresh
whelks are generally available in the spring and fall. They're also available
cooked, preserved in vinegar and canned. Because of their lack of popularity,
whelks may be difficult to find except in Chinese or Italian markets or
specialty food stores. Whelk is naturally tough and must usually be tenderized
by pounding. It benefits from brief, gentle cooking. The Italians refer to
whelk as scungilli , and the famous scungilli marinara is a garlicky dish of
whelk cooked in a tomato sauce flavored with basil, oregano and hot pepper
seeds.

© Copyright Barron's Educational Services, Inc. 1995
based on THE FOOD LOVER'S COMPANION, 2nd edition, by Sharon Tyler Herbst.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>"Bob" virtualgoth
>
>>Kate wrote:
>>
>> All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish
>> about crawdads - if I could just get the meat, not
>> in the shell . . . .
>>
>> No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million
>> years.
>>
>> And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins,
>> and all the other coelenterates, too.

>I like all these:
>
>Lobster
>Scallops
>Shrimp
>Crabs (especially king crab)
>Oysters
>Clams
>Conch
>Mussels
>Squid
>Langoustine
>Crayfish
>Octopus
>
>I'd like to try abalone someday; my sister is sure that I'd like it.

Add whelk to your list, scungilli is by far my favorite.

whelk [HWEHLK, WEHLK]
This member of the GASTROPOD branch of the MOLLUSK family is a large marine
snail. It has a beautiful spiraled shell and a rather tough but flavorful
footlike muscle. Although the waved whelk is found along America's northern
Atlantic coast, it has never gained wide popularity in the United States.
Knobbed whelks and channeled whelks are also marketed in the States. Fresh
whelks are generally available in the spring and fall. They're also available
cooked, preserved in vinegar and canned. Because of their lack of popularity,
whelks may be difficult to find except in Chinese or Italian markets or
specialty food stores. Whelk is naturally tough and must usually be tenderized
by pounding. It benefits from brief, gentle cooking. The Italians refer to
whelk as scungilli , and the famous scungilli marinara is a garlicky dish of
whelk cooked in a tomato sauce flavored with basil, oregano and hot pepper
seeds.

© Copyright Barron's Educational Services, Inc. 1995
based on THE FOOD LOVER'S COMPANION, 2nd edition, by Sharon Tyler Herbst.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Wayne

As far as seafood, Shrimp, Lobster, Crab, Abalone, Crawfish, Clams, Squid
if it's fried, and Escargot. I don't even want to think about any other
seafood.

Were you lumping fish in with this, too? If so, Perch, Pickerel, Cod,
Salmon, Catfish, Shark, Halibut, and Anchovies.

I have a pretty conventional, if limited, palate for things that live in
water.

Where do you put froglegs? I like those, too.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.

alzelt

Peter Aitken wrote:

> "Kate Connally" > wrote in message
>
>>Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my
>>favorite "fish". Sorry.
>>
>>All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish
>>about crawdads - if I could just get the meat, not
>>in the shell . . . .
>>
>>No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million
>>years.
>>
>>And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins,
>>and all the other coelenterates, too.
>>
>>Kate
>>

> No molluscs!?!? No clams, no oysters, no scallops? Please send your share
> this way!

I just love to watch the groveling!!! A big decision around Seattle
(when no red tide) is do I want mussels or clams in the pot. Why not
both at the same time? Or maybe some singing scallops. Or should I have
crab (dungeness or Alaskan King) or some Alaska Spot Prawns. Or maybe
the really big bi-valve: the Geoduck!!
--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener

alzelt

Peter Aitken wrote:

> "Kate Connally" > wrote in message
>
>>Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my
>>favorite "fish". Sorry.
>>
>>All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish
>>about crawdads - if I could just get the meat, not
>>in the shell . . . .
>>
>>No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million
>>years.
>>
>>And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins,
>>and all the other coelenterates, too.
>>
>>Kate
>>

> No molluscs!?!? No clams, no oysters, no scallops? Please send your share
> this way!

I just love to watch the groveling!!! A big decision around Seattle
(when no red tide) is do I want mussels or clams in the pot. Why not
both at the same time? Or maybe some singing scallops. Or should I have
crab (dungeness or Alaskan King) or some Alaska Spot Prawns. Or maybe
the really big bi-valve: the Geoduck!!
--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener

alzelt

Peter Aitken wrote:

> "Kate Connally" > wrote in message
>
>>Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my
>>favorite "fish". Sorry.
>>
>>All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish
>>about crawdads - if I could just get the meat, not
>>in the shell . . . .
>>
>>No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million
>>years.
>>
>>And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins,
>>and all the other coelenterates, too.
>>
>>Kate
>>

> No molluscs!?!? No clams, no oysters, no scallops? Please send your share
> this way!

I just love to watch the groveling!!! A big decision around Seattle
(when no red tide) is do I want mussels or clams in the pot. Why not
both at the same time? Or maybe some singing scallops. Or should I have
crab (dungeness or Alaskan King) or some Alaska Spot Prawns. Or maybe
the really big bi-valve: the Geoduck!!
--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener

Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 21:42:22 -0400, "Jessica V." > wrote:

>I really, really like seafood. My few dislikes are eel and squid. Eel
>I simply don't care for and all the squid I've ever had had the texture
>of rubber bands.

Squid must be cooked less than three minutes or more than half an hour
or so. In between is as you describe, but that is the fault of the
cook, not the squid.

Try a piece of smoked eel from Petrossian some time, and come back to
say you don't like it.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

Was George B. Selden the true Inventor of the submarine patent?
Rodney Myrvaagnes

On 2 Aug 2004 20:59:11 -0500, "Bob" >
wrote:

>Thing is, some of those items are easily ruined, so many people might be put
>off by them because they've never had them properly prepared.

That is a problem with most of these messages. Even raw oysters can be
messed up by incompetent handling, and some are much better than
others anyway.

>I didn't care for jellyfish or sea cucumber; I didn't think either of them
>had much taste. I didn't care for sea urchin either: it *had* a taste, and I
>didn't like it.

I found the jellyfish I had in Japan was intense and interesting. It
was purple. I later tasted some at Shun Lee Palace DIm Sum, which
tasted similar but was white.

I haven't tried sea cucumber yet.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

Was George B. Selden the true Inventor of the submarine patent?
Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 21:42:22 -0400, "Jessica V." > wrote:

>I really, really like seafood. My few dislikes are eel and squid. Eel
>I simply don't care for and all the squid I've ever had had the texture
>of rubber bands.

Squid must be cooked less than three minutes or more than half an hour
or so. In between is as you describe, but that is the fault of the
cook, not the squid.

Try a piece of smoked eel from Petrossian some time, and come back to
say you don't like it.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

Was George B. Selden the true Inventor of the submarine patent?

Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 21:42:22 -0400, "Jessica V." > wrote:

>I really, really like seafood. My few dislikes are eel and squid. Eel
>I simply don't care for and all the squid I've ever had had the texture
>of rubber bands.

Squid must be cooked less than three minutes or more than half an hour
or so. In between is as you describe, but that is the fault of the
cook, not the squid.

Try a piece of smoked eel from Petrossian some time, and come back to
say you don't like it.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

Was George B. Selden the true Inventor of the submarine patent?
Rodney Myrvaagnes

On 2 Aug 2004 20:59:11 -0500, "Bob" >
wrote:

>Thing is, some of those items are easily ruined, so many people might be put
>off by them because they've never had them properly prepared.

That is a problem with most of these messages. Even raw oysters can be
messed up by incompetent handling, and some are much better than
others anyway.

>I didn't care for jellyfish or sea cucumber; I didn't think either of them
>had much taste. I didn't care for sea urchin either: it *had* a taste, and I
>didn't like it.

I found the jellyfish I had in Japan was intense and interesting. It
was purple. I later tasted some at Shun Lee Palace DIm Sum, which
tasted similar but was white.

I haven't tried sea cucumber yet.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

Was George B. Selden the true Inventor of the submarine patent?
Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 02:14:51 GMT, alzelt
> wrote:

>> No molluscs!?!? No clams, no oysters, no scallops? Please send your share
>> this way!
>>

>I just love to watch the groveling!!! A big decision around Seattle
>(when no red tide) is do I want mussels or clams in the pot. Why not
>both at the same time? Or maybe some singing scallops. Or should I have
>crab (dungeness or Alaskan King) or some Alaska Spot Prawns. Or maybe
>the really big bi-valve: the Geoduck!!
>--

Geoduck is another on my "to-taste" list. I expect I would like it,
since I like most molluscs.

I have only been in Seattle three times, briefly.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

Was George B. Selden the true Inventor of the submarine patent?
Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 02:14:51 GMT, alzelt
> wrote:

>> No molluscs!?!? No clams, no oysters, no scallops? Please send your share
>> this way!
>>

>I just love to watch the groveling!!! A big decision around Seattle
>(when no red tide) is do I want mussels or clams in the pot. Why not
>both at the same time? Or maybe some singing scallops. Or should I have
>crab (dungeness or Alaskan King) or some Alaska Spot Prawns. Or maybe
>the really big bi-valve: the Geoduck!!
>--

Geoduck is another on my "to-taste" list. I expect I would like it,
since I like most molluscs.

I have only been in Seattle three times, briefly.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

Was George B. Selden the true Inventor of the submarine patent?
Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 02:14:51 GMT, alzelt
> wrote:

>> No molluscs!?!? No clams, no oysters, no scallops? Please send your share
>> this way!
>>

>I just love to watch the groveling!!! A big decision around Seattle
>(when no red tide) is do I want mussels or clams in the pot. Why not
>both at the same time? Or maybe some singing scallops. Or should I have
>crab (dungeness or Alaskan King) or some Alaska Spot Prawns. Or maybe
>the really big bi-valve: the Geoduck!!
>--

Geoduck is another on my "to-taste" list. I expect I would like it,
since I like most molluscs.

I have only been in Seattle three times, briefly.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

Was George B. Selden the true Inventor of the submarine patent?

axlq

In article >,
WardNA > wrote:
>>>And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins, and all the
>>>other coelenterates, too.

>>You gotta try Sea Cucumber, just once.

>Those are all echinoderms, not coelenterates.

Yes, but she didn't mention any in her list of likes and dislikes, so I
thought I'd throw one in.

-A
axlq