Old 02-08-2004, 08:42 PM
Kate Connally

Default Favorite seafood other than fish?

Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my
favorite "fish". Sorry.

All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish
about crawdads - if I could just get the meat, not
in the shell . . . .

No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million
years.

And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins,
and all the other coelenterates, too.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
If I were as old as I feel, Id be dead already.

Old 02-08-2004, 08:52 PM
jmcquown

Kate Connally wrote:
Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my
favorite "fish". Sorry.

Crab, absolutely! All kinds, blue, king, snow, dungenness

All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish
about crawdads - if I could just get the meat, not
in the shell . . . .

I can by crawfish tail meat all buy itself; no shells here

Here's a great recipe; I replicated it from the Bayou Bar & Grill in midtown
Memphis and got confirmation from the chef via email I was right on. No
measures here, you just sort of throw it together.

Catfish Acadian

2 catfish fillets (about 1 lb total)
seasoned bread crumbs
butter
olive oil
diced celery
diced onion
diced garlic
crawfish tail meat
cream
salt
cayenne pepper

Lightly coat the catfish fillets with breadcrumbs and then pan-fry in
oil/butter until just browned. Plate and hold in a hot oven. Saute the
onion, celery and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the crawfish tail
meat and cook until pink (if already cooked, heat through). Stir in the
cream and season with salt & cayenne pepper. Pour this sauce over the
plated fish and serve.

No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million
years.

I eat clams in chowder or deep fried. You can forget about oysters. No
way, no how

Jill

Old 02-08-2004, 09:13 PM
axlq

In article ,
Kate Connally wrote:
Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my favorite "fish".
Sorry.

All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish about crawdads -
if I could just get the meat, not in the shell . . . .

Think of them as small freshwater lobsters. They're actually easier
to peel than lobsters. And yes, you can get them shelled.

Actually rock shrimp are more like small lobsters, in taste,
texture, and color. I've even seen restaurants advertising a
lobster dish, where they used rock shrimp. The lobster tacos sold
at Una Mas have no lobster in them, it's all rock shrimp.

I miss living on the Maine coast... lobster is so inexpensive there
(sigh). Even McDonald's sells lobster sandwiches in the summertime,
and they're actually good.

No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million years.

If you haven't yet tried conch fritters or baby abalone, you might
change your mind.

And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins, and all the
other coelenterates, too.

You gotta try Sea Cucumber, just once. Once is all *I* needed,
although I've eaten it since (not by choice, but because someone
served it to me). Sort of reminded me of putting a big rind of pork
fat into my mouth, only without the greasy feeling. Ick.

-A

Old 02-08-2004, 10:19 PM
Peter Aitken

"Kate Connally" wrote in message
Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my
favorite "fish". Sorry.

All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish
about crawdads - if I could just get the meat, not
in the shell . . . .

No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million
years.

And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins,
and all the other coelenterates, too.

Kate

No molluscs!?!? No clams, no oysters, no scallops? Please send your share
this way!

--
Peter Aitken

Old 02-08-2004, 11:59 PM
WardNA

And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins, and all the
other coelenterates, too.

You gotta try Sea Cucumber, just once.

Those are all echinoderms, not coelenterates.

Old 03-08-2004, 02:11 AM
byakee

A shot rang out! And Kate Connally said:

Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my
favorite "fish". Sorry.

All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish
about crawdads - if I could just get the meat, not
in the shell . . . .

No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million
years.

And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins,
and all the other coelenterates, too.

I don't think I could pick a favorite -- I love Dungeness crab,
oysters, clams, shrimp, prawns, geoduck. I guess I'd say the crab,
since I thought of that first. Never had a sea urchin or a real
Maine lobster (Red SLobster doesn't count)...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF

Old 03-08-2004, 02:42 AM
Jessica V.

Kate Connally wrote:
Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my
favorite "fish". Sorry.

All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish
about crawdads - if I could just get the meat, not
in the shell . . . .

No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million
years.

And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins,
and all the other coelenterates, too.

Kate

Just one favorite...

I enjoy almost all of them, the tiny sweet Maine shrimp are probably my
favorite though in the winter they have tanks of them live at the sushi
restaurants here...yum. Cooked almost any way works as well.

Lobster I like but I'm spoiled living in Maine I can have it
anytime...it's "expensive" now at $7.99/lb.

I really, really like seafood. My few dislikes are eel and squid. Eel
I simply don't care for and all the squid I've ever had had the texture
of rubber bands.

Jessica