SPOONS

Default Can you give me some suggestions for my party???????

Hi all,

I'm having my neighbors about 20 people over this weekend for a "Banana
Split Party". It's the first time I'm having one of these and I was
wondering if you can give me some suggestions. So far this is what I have:

lots of bananas
caramel sauce
chocolate sauce
all sorts of sprinkles
mini M&M's
chopped roasted nuts
marshmallow fluff
strawberries
vanilla ice-cream
chocolate ice-cream
whip cream

I hope I will be able to find the proper plates for the banana split, you
know the canoe shaped bowls.

You're probably wondering why the heck I'm having such a party...well my
hubby & I thought it'd be fun to just have everyone over to sit around and
chit chat.

Take care,
SPOONS
My photo food log http://www.fotolog.net/giggles

Puester

SPOONS wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having my neighbors about 20 people over this weekend for a "Banana
> Split Party". It's the first time I'm having one of these and I was
> wondering if you can give me some suggestions. So far this is what I have:
>
> lots of bananas
> caramel sauce
> chocolate sauce
> all sorts of sprinkles
> mini M&M's
> chopped roasted nuts
> marshmallow fluff
> strawberries
> vanilla ice-cream
> chocolate ice-cream
> whip cream
>
> I hope I will be able to find the proper plates for the banana split, you
> know the canoe shaped bowls.

----

You forgot the maraschino cherries! Pineapple sauce or tidbits?

I saw disposable bowls at one of the party stores this week.
You might find glass ones at a party-goods rental store.

gloria p
Puester

----

You forgot the maraschino cherries! Pineapple sauce or tidbits?

I saw disposable bowls at one of the party stores this week.
You might find glass ones at a party-goods rental store.

gloria p
Julia Altshuler

I'd skip the marshamallow fluff and sprinkles and include more fresh
fruits. This time of year lots of options are available-- blueberries,
pineapple, peaches.

--Lia

SPOONS wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having my neighbors about 20 people over this weekend for a "Banana
> Split Party". It's the first time I'm having one of these and I was
> wondering if you can give me some suggestions. So far this is what I have:
>
> lots of bananas
> caramel sauce
> chocolate sauce
> all sorts of sprinkles
> mini M&M's
> chopped roasted nuts
> marshmallow fluff
> strawberries
> vanilla ice-cream
> chocolate ice-cream
> whipped cream
>
> I hope I will be able to find the proper plates for the banana split; you
> know the canoe shaped bowls.
>
> You're probably wondering why the heck I'm having such a party...well my
> hubby & I thought it'd be fun to just have everyone over to sit around and
> chit chat.
>
> Take care,
> SPOONS
> My photo food log http://www.fotolog.net/giggles

Julia Altshuler

SPOONS wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having my neighbors about 20 people over this weekend for a "Banana
> Split Party". It's the first time I'm having one of these and I was
> wondering if you can give me some suggestions. So far this is what I have:
>
> lots of bananas
> caramel sauce
> chocolate sauce
> all sorts of sprinkles
> mini M&M's
> chopped roasted nuts
> marshmallow fluff
> strawberries
> vanilla ice-cream
> chocolate ice-cream
> whipped cream
>
> I hope I will be able to find the proper plates for the banana split; you
> know the canoe shaped bowls.
>
> You're probably wondering why the heck I'm having such a party...well my
> hubby & I thought it'd be fun to just have everyone over to sit around and
> chit chat.
>
> Take care,
> SPOONS
> My photo food log http://www.fotolog.net/giggles

Wayne

"SPOONS" > wrote in
.rogers.com:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having my neighbors about 20 people over this weekend for a
> "Banana Split Party". It's the first time I'm having one of these and
> I was wondering if you can give me some suggestions. So far this is
> what I have:
>
> lots of bananas
> caramel sauce
> chocolate sauce
> all sorts of sprinkles
> mini M&M's
> chopped roasted nuts
> marshmallow fluff
> strawberries
> vanilla ice-cream
> chocolate ice-cream
> whip cream
>
> I hope I will be able to find the proper plates for the banana split,
> you know the canoe shaped bowls.
>
> You're probably wondering why the heck I'm having such a party...well
> my hubby & I thought it'd be fun to just have everyone over to sit
> around and chit chat.
>
> Take care,
> SPOONS

The traditional banana split consisted of one split banana; one scoop
each of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream; crushed pineapple,
crushed strawberries and chocolate syrup; whipped cream; nuts; and
maraschino cherries. Sounds like you've pretty well got the bases
covered!

You do need the maraschino cherries. I've also had one that was made
with hot fudge.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.
Wayne

"SPOONS" > wrote in
.rogers.com:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having my neighbors about 20 people over this weekend for a
> "Banana Split Party". It's the first time I'm having one of these and
> I was wondering if you can give me some suggestions. So far this is
> what I have:
>
> lots of bananas
> caramel sauce
> chocolate sauce
> all sorts of sprinkles
> mini M&M's
> chopped roasted nuts
> marshmallow fluff
> strawberries
> vanilla ice-cream
> chocolate ice-cream
> whip cream
>
> I hope I will be able to find the proper plates for the banana split,
> you know the canoe shaped bowls.
>
> You're probably wondering why the heck I'm having such a party...well
> my hubby & I thought it'd be fun to just have everyone over to sit
> around and chit chat.
>
> Take care,
> SPOONS

The traditional banana split consisted of one split banana; one scoop
each of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream; crushed pineapple,
crushed strawberries and chocolate syrup; whipped cream; nuts; and
maraschino cherries. Sounds like you've pretty well got the bases
covered!

You do need the maraschino cherries. I've also had one that was made
with hot fudge.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.
Margaret Suran

SPOONS wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having my neighbors about 20 people over this weekend for a "Banana
> Split Party". It's the first time I'm having one of these and I was
> wondering if you can give me some suggestions. So far this is what I have:
>
> lots of bananas
> caramel sauce
> chocolate sauce
> all sorts of sprinkles
> mini M&M's
> chopped roasted nuts
> marshmallow fluff
> strawberries
> vanilla ice-cream
> chocolate ice-cream
> whip cream
>
> I hope I will be able to find the proper plates for the banana split, you
> know the canoe shaped bowls.
>
> You're probably wondering why the heck I'm having such a party...well my
> hubby & I thought it'd be fun to just have everyone over to sit around and
> chit chat.
>
> Take care,
> SPOONS
> My photo food log http://www.fotolog.net/giggles

Banana splits used to have either walnuts in caramel sauce or roasted
almonds sprinkled on top of the whipped cream.

This sounds as if it will be a wonderful party. Lucky you....Lucky
guests. )

Margaret Suran

SPOONS wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having my neighbors about 20 people over this weekend for a "Banana
> Split Party". It's the first time I'm having one of these and I was
> wondering if you can give me some suggestions. So far this is what I have:
>
> lots of bananas
> caramel sauce
> chocolate sauce
> all sorts of sprinkles
> mini M&M's
> chopped roasted nuts
> marshmallow fluff
> strawberries
> vanilla ice-cream
> chocolate ice-cream
> whip cream
>
> I hope I will be able to find the proper plates for the banana split, you
> know the canoe shaped bowls.
>
> You're probably wondering why the heck I'm having such a party...well my
> hubby & I thought it'd be fun to just have everyone over to sit around and
> chit chat.
>
> Take care,
> SPOONS
> My photo food log http://www.fotolog.net/giggles

Banana splits used to have either walnuts in caramel sauce or roasted
almonds sprinkled on top of the whipped cream.

This sounds as if it will be a wonderful party. Lucky you....Lucky
guests. )

hahabogus

Julia Altshuler > wrote in

> I'd skip the marshamallow fluff and sprinkles and include more fresh
> fruits. This time of year lots of options are available--
> blueberries, pineapple, peaches.
>
> --Lia
>

> SPOONS wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm having my neighbors about 20 people over this weekend for a
>> "Banana Split Party". It's the first time I'm having one of these
>> and I was wondering if you can give me some suggestions. So far this
>> is what I have:
>>
>> lots of bananas
>> caramel sauce
>> chocolate sauce
>> all sorts of sprinkles
>> mini M&M's
>> chopped roasted nuts
>> marshmallow fluff
>> strawberries
>> vanilla ice-cream
>> chocolate ice-cream
>> whipped cream
>>
>> I hope I will be able to find the proper plates for the banana split;
>> you know the canoe shaped bowls.
>>
>> You're probably wondering why the heck I'm having such a party...well
>> my hubby & I thought it'd be fun to just have everyone over to sit
>> around and chit chat.
>>
>> Take care,
>> SPOONS
>> My photo food log http://www.fotolog.net/giggles

Since you're gonna have fruit salsa for the banana splits...May I suggest
Salsa music as well for background music.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.

hahabogus

Julia Altshuler > wrote in

> I'd skip the marshamallow fluff and sprinkles and include more fresh
> fruits. This time of year lots of options are available--
> blueberries, pineapple, peaches.
>
> --Lia
>

> SPOONS wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm having my neighbors about 20 people over this weekend for a
>> "Banana Split Party". It's the first time I'm having one of these
>> and I was wondering if you can give me some suggestions. So far this
>> is what I have:
>>
>> lots of bananas
>> caramel sauce
>> chocolate sauce
>> all sorts of sprinkles
>> mini M&M's
>> chopped roasted nuts
>> marshmallow fluff
>> strawberries
>> vanilla ice-cream
>> chocolate ice-cream
>> whipped cream
>>
>> I hope I will be able to find the proper plates for the banana split;
>> you know the canoe shaped bowls.
>>
>> You're probably wondering why the heck I'm having such a party...well
>> my hubby & I thought it'd be fun to just have everyone over to sit
>> around and chit chat.
>>
>> Take care,
>> SPOONS
>> My photo food log http://www.fotolog.net/giggles

Since you're gonna have fruit salsa for the banana splits...May I suggest
Salsa music as well for background music.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.
--------
FIELDS, W. C.
Melissa Houle

Perhaps a strawberry sauce as well as the fresh strawberries. Otherwise,
the menu looks pretty good, considering the party's basic theme. Long
handled spoons and LOTS of napkins will both come in handy, I'll bet. Also,
have pitchers of drinking water and plenty of cups available. After putting
away a banana split or two, a nice drink of plain water can cut the
sweetness nicely, and cleanse palates. (And after a breather, the guests
may head right back to the ice cream bar.) I would also suggest maybe some
strawberry ice cream to go with the vanilla and chocolate. Or perhaps some
mint chip ice cream.

Melissa

Julia Altshuler > wrote in message
> I'd skip the marshamallow fluff and sprinkles and include more fresh
> fruits. This time of year lots of options are available-- blueberries,
> pineapple, peaches.
>
> --Lia
>

> SPOONS wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm having my neighbors about 20 people over this weekend for a "Banana
> > Split Party". It's the first time I'm having one of these and I was
> > wondering if you can give me some suggestions. So far this is what I

have:

> > lots of bananas
> > caramel sauce
> > chocolate sauce
> > all sorts of sprinkles
> > mini M&M's
> > chopped roasted nuts
> > marshmallow fluff
> > strawberries
> > vanilla ice-cream
> > chocolate ice-cream
> > whipped cream
> >
> > I hope I will be able to find the proper plates for the banana split;

you
> > know the canoe shaped bowls.
> >
> > You're probably wondering why the heck I'm having such a party...well my
> > hubby & I thought it'd be fun to just have everyone over to sit around

and
> > chit chat.
> >
> > Take care,
> > SPOONS
> > My photo food log http://www.fotolog.net/giggles

Melissa Houle

Perhaps a strawberry sauce as well as the fresh strawberries. Otherwise,
the menu looks pretty good, considering the party's basic theme. Long
handled spoons and LOTS of napkins will both come in handy, I'll bet. Also,
have pitchers of drinking water and plenty of cups available. After putting
away a banana split or two, a nice drink of plain water can cut the
sweetness nicely, and cleanse palates. (And after a breather, the guests
may head right back to the ice cream bar.) I would also suggest maybe some
strawberry ice cream to go with the vanilla and chocolate. Or perhaps some
mint chip ice cream.

Melissa

Julia Altshuler > wrote in message
> I'd skip the marshamallow fluff and sprinkles and include more fresh
> fruits. This time of year lots of options are available-- blueberries,
> pineapple, peaches.
>
> --Lia
>

> SPOONS wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm having my neighbors about 20 people over this weekend for a "Banana
> > Split Party". It's the first time I'm having one of these and I was
> > wondering if you can give me some suggestions. So far this is what I

have:

> > lots of bananas
> > caramel sauce
> > chocolate sauce
> > all sorts of sprinkles
> > mini M&M's
> > chopped roasted nuts
> > marshmallow fluff
> > strawberries
> > vanilla ice-cream
> > chocolate ice-cream
> > whipped cream
> >
> > I hope I will be able to find the proper plates for the banana split;

you
> > know the canoe shaped bowls.
> >
> > You're probably wondering why the heck I'm having such a party...well my
> > hubby & I thought it'd be fun to just have everyone over to sit around

and
> > chit chat.
> >
> > Take care,
> > SPOONS
> > My photo food log http://www.fotolog.net/giggles

sf

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 23:02:37 -0400, Margaret Suran
> wrote:

> Banana splits used to have either walnuts in caramel sauce or roasted
> almonds sprinkled on top of the whipped cream.

Ah.... glad you remembered! I was ready to post it.

Nexis

"SPOONS" > wrote in message
.rogers.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having my neighbors about 20 people over this weekend for a "Banana
> Split Party". It's the first time I'm having one of these and I was
> wondering if you can give me some suggestions. So far this is what I

have:

> lots of bananas
> caramel sauce
> chocolate sauce
> all sorts of sprinkles
> mini M&M's
> chopped roasted nuts
> marshmallow fluff
> strawberries
> vanilla ice-cream
> chocolate ice-cream
> whip cream
>
> I hope I will be able to find the proper plates for the banana split, you
> know the canoe shaped bowls.
>
> You're probably wondering why the heck I'm having such a party...well my
> hubby & I thought it'd be fun to just have everyone over to sit around and
> chit chat.
>
> Take care,
> SPOONS
> My photo food log http://www.fotolog.net/giggles

I would have to have hot fudge. I am not a fan of chocolate sauce for ice
cream, it's too thin for me! lol I like a good, thick hot fudge. Also I'd
probably have strawberry ice cream as well. Pineapple sauce? I'm pretty sure
when my mom get's a split they have that...Other than that I think you have
it covered! Now if I was making one for myself, it would be just ice cream,
hot fudge and bananas...and maybe some almonds. Yum!

kimberly

Nexis

"SPOONS" > wrote in message
.rogers.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having my neighbors about 20 people over this weekend for a "Banana
> Split Party". It's the first time I'm having one of these and I was
> wondering if you can give me some suggestions. So far this is what I

have:

> lots of bananas
> caramel sauce
> chocolate sauce
> all sorts of sprinkles
> mini M&M's
> chopped roasted nuts
> marshmallow fluff
> strawberries
> vanilla ice-cream
> chocolate ice-cream
> whip cream
>
> I hope I will be able to find the proper plates for the banana split, you
> know the canoe shaped bowls.
>
> You're probably wondering why the heck I'm having such a party...well my
> hubby & I thought it'd be fun to just have everyone over to sit around and
> chit chat.
>
> Take care,
> SPOONS
> My photo food log http://www.fotolog.net/giggles

I would have to have hot fudge. I am not a fan of chocolate sauce for ice
cream, it's too thin for me! lol I like a good, thick hot fudge. Also I'd
probably have strawberry ice cream as well. Pineapple sauce? I'm pretty sure
when my mom get's a split they have that...Other than that I think you have
it covered! Now if I was making one for myself, it would be just ice cream,
hot fudge and bananas...and maybe some almonds. Yum!

kimberly

Nexis

"SPOONS" > wrote in message
.rogers.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having my neighbors about 20 people over this weekend for a "Banana
> Split Party". It's the first time I'm having one of these and I was
> wondering if you can give me some suggestions. So far this is what I

have:

> lots of bananas
> caramel sauce
> chocolate sauce
> all sorts of sprinkles
> mini M&M's
> chopped roasted nuts
> marshmallow fluff
> strawberries
> vanilla ice-cream
> chocolate ice-cream
> whip cream
>
> I hope I will be able to find the proper plates for the banana split, you
> know the canoe shaped bowls.
>
> You're probably wondering why the heck I'm having such a party...well my
> hubby & I thought it'd be fun to just have everyone over to sit around and
> chit chat.
>
> Take care,
> SPOONS
> My photo food log http://www.fotolog.net/giggles

I would have to have hot fudge. I am not a fan of chocolate sauce for ice
cream, it's too thin for me! lol I like a good, thick hot fudge. Also I'd
probably have strawberry ice cream as well. Pineapple sauce? I'm pretty sure
when my mom get's a split they have that...Other than that I think you have
it covered! Now if I was making one for myself, it would be just ice cream,
hot fudge and bananas...and maybe some almonds. Yum!

kimberly

Dimiri

"SPOONS" > wrote in message
.rogers.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having my neighbors about 20 people over this weekend for a "Banana
> Split Party". It's the first time I'm having one of these and I was
> wondering if you can give me some suggestions. So far this is what I

have:

> lots of bananas
> caramel sauce
> chocolate sauce
> all sorts of sprinkles
> mini M&M's
> chopped roasted nuts
> marshmallow fluff
> strawberries
> vanilla ice-cream
> chocolate ice-cream
> whip cream
>
> I hope I will be able to find the proper plates for the banana split, you
> know the canoe shaped bowls.
>
> You're probably wondering why the heck I'm having such a party...well my
> hubby & I thought it'd be fun to just have everyone over to sit around and
> chit chat.
>
> Take care,
> SPOONS
> My photo food log http://www.fotolog.net/giggles

Strawberry sauce
Pineapple sauce
maraschino cherries

Lots of Ice water (that stuff makes me thirsty) ;-)

Dimitri (PS what time?)

Dimiri

"SPOONS" > wrote in message
.rogers.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having my neighbors about 20 people over this weekend for a "Banana
> Split Party". It's the first time I'm having one of these and I was
> wondering if you can give me some suggestions. So far this is what I

have:

> lots of bananas
> caramel sauce
> chocolate sauce
> all sorts of sprinkles
> mini M&M's
> chopped roasted nuts
> marshmallow fluff
> strawberries
> vanilla ice-cream
> chocolate ice-cream
> whip cream
>
> I hope I will be able to find the proper plates for the banana split, you
> know the canoe shaped bowls.
>
> You're probably wondering why the heck I'm having such a party...well my
> hubby & I thought it'd be fun to just have everyone over to sit around and
> chit chat.
>
> Take care,
> SPOONS
> My photo food log http://www.fotolog.net/giggles

Strawberry sauce
Pineapple sauce
maraschino cherries

Lots of Ice water (that stuff makes me thirsty) ;-)

Dimitri (PS what time?)

Julian9EHP

I'd say to buy some frozen yoghurt or tofutti for the people who can't have ice
cream.
E. P.

Julian9EHP

I'd say to buy some frozen yoghurt or tofutti for the people who can't have ice
cream.
E. P.
Melba's Jammin'

In article ers.com>,
"SPOONS" > wrote:
> I hope I will be able to find the proper plates for the banana split, you
> know the canoe shaped bowls.

Look in a party supply store.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/22/04.

Melba's Jammin'

In article ers.com>,
"SPOONS" > wrote:
> I hope I will be able to find the proper plates for the banana split, you
> know the canoe shaped bowls.

Look in a party supply store.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/22/04.

Nancy Young

Dimiri wrote:

> "SPOONS" > wrote in message

> > I'm having my neighbors about 20 people over this weekend for a "Banana
> > Split Party". It's the first time I'm having one of these and I was
> > wondering if you can give me some suggestions. So far this is what I

> have:
> >
> > lots of bananas
> > caramel sauce
> > chocolate sauce
> > all sorts of sprinkles
> > mini M&M's
> > chopped roasted nuts
> > marshmallow fluff
> > strawberries
> > vanilla ice-cream
> > chocolate ice-cream
> > whip cream

> Strawberry sauce
> Pineapple sauce
> maraschino cherries

Don't forget the wet nuts!

> Lots of Ice water (that stuff makes me thirsty) ;-)

Man, that's what keeps me from getting ice cream if I'm out to a
game or whatever. I know I'll be looking for soda or seltzer or
something like 15 minutes later.

nancy
Nancy Young

Dimiri wrote:

> "SPOONS" > wrote in message

> > I'm having my neighbors about 20 people over this weekend for a "Banana
> > Split Party". It's the first time I'm having one of these and I was
> > wondering if you can give me some suggestions. So far this is what I

> have:
> >
> > lots of bananas
> > caramel sauce
> > chocolate sauce
> > all sorts of sprinkles
> > mini M&M's
> > chopped roasted nuts
> > marshmallow fluff
> > strawberries
> > vanilla ice-cream
> > chocolate ice-cream
> > whip cream

> Strawberry sauce
> Pineapple sauce
> maraschino cherries

Don't forget the wet nuts!

> Lots of Ice water (that stuff makes me thirsty) ;-)

Man, that's what keeps me from getting ice cream if I'm out to a
game or whatever. I know I'll be looking for soda or seltzer or
something like 15 minutes later.

nancy

Nancree

> wrote:
>> I hope I will be able to find the proper plates for the banana split, you
>> know the canoe shaped bowl

----------------------------
I saw some yesterday at "world market" (formerly Cost Plus) in La Jolla.
Nancree

Nancree

I saw some yesterday at "world market" (formerly Cost Plus) in La Jolla.
Nancree

Dinner party suggestions? Laura[_3_] General Cooking 3 05-09-2009 12:17 AM
Party Menu Suggestions part 2 cjra General Cooking 3 15-07-2009 06:44 PM
Party suggestions Bilz Barbecue 3 26-06-2007 11:45 PM
Party suggestions Barb Beer 7 20-01-2007 01:52 PM
Suggestions wanted for party foods???? Spoons Baking 2 19-12-2004 10:14 PM