Berg1985

Default Fried Bologna Sandwich

A neighborhood bar in Sandusky, OH, makes the best fried bologna sandwich:

Fry a thick-cut slice (half-inch) of bologna on the griddle, with a slit cut in
the bologna from the middle to an edge to prevent it from curling while frying;

Prep a large kaiser bun with brown mustard on both halves;

Place a slab of swiss cheese on the bologna after turning it once, and after it
has developed that wonderful slightly burnt, crispy coating;

Remove bologna from griddle after cheese melts slightly, and place it on the
bottom bun half;

Carve a thick slice of sweet onion and place it on the bologna, and cover with
the top bun half.

Enjoy with a crisp, cold dill pickle spear, Ballreich's Marcelled Potato Chips
(from Tiffin, OH) and a tall, cold draft beer.

OMG, it is slap-your-momma good!!!! ;-)

Tamie
W ä l r ü s

My favorite sandwich, only without the mustard. I use Mayo.