FoodBanter.com

-   -   Nestle's Cream (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/29117-nestles-cream.html)

TheresaKyn 25-07-2004 05:15 AM

Nestle's Cream

I live near the Detroit area and a lady mentioned to me that she uses Nestle's
Cream in a can to make fruit salad. This is not sold refridgerated.

I have searched so many stores, no one has heard of it.

Does anyone know where I can purchase it?

Thank you.

TheresaKyn 25-07-2004 05:34 AM

Nestle's Cream

I had a feeling there was a better substitute because it is so difficult to
find.

Thank you for your reply.

TheresaKyn 25-07-2004 05:34 AM

Nestle's Cream

Crookshanks 25-07-2004 05:53 AM

Nestle's Cream

Try looking for it in an Asian Foods store, where they specailize in
Filipino products. Nestle Creme is similar to condensed milk, though not
exactly the same thing (does that make sense?) ; )

Crookshanks 25-07-2004 05:53 AM

Nestle's Cream

Tara 25-07-2004 02:15 PM

Nestle's Cream

I believe I have seen it in the Hispanic food section of the grocery
store.

Tara

Tara 25-07-2004 02:15 PM

Nestle's Cream

S.Dunlap 25-07-2004 03:03 PM

Nestle's Cream

(TheresaKyn) wrote in message >...
> I had a feeling there was a better substitute because it is so difficult to
> find.
>
> Thank you for your reply.

Look in the Hispanic/Latin American section of your grocery store or
go to a Latino grocery. I found it there when I lived in the US. I
live in Central America now and that's what we use for cream. It will
be sold as Nestle Crema de Leche. It is NOTHING like condensed milk.
It is simply canned heavy cream that has been stabilized with
carrageenan(?sp).

Sandi in Honduras

WitchieWoman 25-07-2004 03:39 PM

Nestle's Cream

Tara > wrote in
:

> I believe I have seen it in the Hispanic food section of the grocery
> store.
>
> Tara

I found several sites on line that sell it. Here is one I like.
https://secure.emcchosting.com/~camerons/

Huggies and Magic.

PENMART01 25-07-2004 03:55 PM

Nestle's Cream

>bitchiewoman brags:
>
>I found several sites on line that sell it.
>
>Huggies and Magic.

Diaper rash?!?!?

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

Damaeus 25-07-2004 07:57 PM

Nestle's Cream

In news:rec.food.cooking, Lucretia Borgia >
posted on Sun, 25 Jul 2004 09:56:34 -0300:

> Carnation make the same product. I have not seen the one made by
> Nestle in quite awhile. It is a small can, like the smallest
> Carnation Evaporated milk and has a pull tab top. It needs a thorough
> shaking before opening.

I thought Carnation was under the Nestle umbrella. Could be the same
thing.

Yep... Indeed it is:

http://www.nestle.com.au/carnation/

Damaeus 25-07-2004 07:57 PM