Wayne Boatwright

Default Homemade Prepared/Frozen Meals

Sheryl Rosen > wrote in
:

> in article , Wayne
> Boatwright at wrote on 12/21/03
> 3:36 PM:
>
>> I saw my dad on the day of the night he passed away. He had a heart
>> problem, but had been in apparently the same condition for some
>> months and didn't appear to be feeling any worse. He was up and
>> about and joked at the dinner table. Later that night he passed away
>> from congestive heart failure.
>>
>> My mother and I did not know that earlier that same day he told
>> several neighbors "goodbye" for the final time, saying that he
>> wouldn't be seeing them again. He must ahve felt or known something,
>> but didn't want to worry my mother or me.
>>
>> Wayne

> Ok. I do believe some people know when it's their time.
>
> My mom called everyone she hadn't spoken to in awhile (Friends and
> relatives) for a week before she died. Maybe 8-10 hours before, she
> and I were talking about how much she missed her parents and the dog
> we had who had died 10 years before.....wow, this coming Tuesday will
> be 23 years since my first pet died!!! She even talked about her
> sister, who died when the girls were small, maybe 6-7 yrs old. By the
> time Mom passed, she had talked to everyone, told them she loved them,
> and sort of reminded those who were there before her that she was
> thinking about them and was looking forward to seeing them.
>
> But I'm thinking...my dad, on the other hand...he talked to my brother
> and sister for New Year's, which was 2 weeks before, but...he really
> didn't make the rounds immediately before. My parents, though, were
> very different in the way they treated people outside the immediate
> family. So maybe...in his mind, his goodbyes were already done because
> the relationships weren't that strong. And I was there when he
> essentially left us (though he lingered in a coma for 4 days). And I
> hate to say this, but I honestly was his favorite, after my Mom,
> so....maybe to him, he had all he needed or wanted. Who knows?
>
> They are very missed, especially this time of year. And that's really
> all I need to know.

I understand completely, Sheryl. My parents were both quite different as
well. My dad was far less demonstrative than my mom, perhaps typical of
their generation, too. As I was leaving late that afternoon before he
passed away, he called out the door that he loved me, something he didn't
verbalize frequently. I was an only child, and probably the apple of
both my parents' eyes. My mother, OTOH, had a rather painful time in the
hospital before her death. We spoke, but she was wandering in and out of
consciousness. I think we were both assured of our love for each other,
and I was able to tell her it was alright to let go and that I would be
alright. Given the circumstances, I couldn't have asked for more.

I miss them both more than I can say, perhaps my mom a little more
because we were closer... Or is that just boys? My mom would have been
90 this past December 16. I can't quite believe that she's been gone
5-/12 years.

Wayne
Nancy Young

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> My mother and I did not know that earlier that same day he told several
> neighbors "goodbye" for the final time, saying that he wouldn't be
> seeing them again. He must ahve felt or known something, but didn't
> want to worry my mother or me.

I was friends with a coworker, F R E D Fred, he was going on vacation
for two weeks to Mexico. He was maybe 20 years or so older than I.
Well, the Friday he was leaving, he went out of his way to stop by
my cube, hey Nancy, I'm on my way, I'm really going to miss you.
Wow, that was odd. We didn't even see each other every day any
longer as I'd been moved to a different section of the payroll
programming department. Really struck me.

Two weeks later, I'm walking into work, Monday morning, hey, Fred's
going to be back, I have to go see him. Well, he passed out in the
pool in his back yard the day before. Took him a few years to die,
but he never got off life support or whatever till he did. I swear
he was really saying goodbye.

nancy
blake murphy

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 10:33:06 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:
>
>This is the problem. The people I'm talking about have caregivers,
>but when they didn't, even making toast or peeling a banana was out
>of their ability or desire to eat. I didn't realize how bad it was
>for some time. Speaking of the original poster's situation, I am
>concerned that they are not eating because even the small task of
>mixing up a shake might make them not use them. I'm only speaking
>from experience, not arguing with you in any way.

there are apparently drugs out there designed to *increase* appetite.
something to check into, maybe.

your pal,
blake
>Do you know of a decent already mixed shake? I try to get the
>high protein drinks, but even then, they aren't all that high, but
>they are better than not eating.
>
>> I personally like Isopure as it is never gritty, and stirs in with a
>> spoon very well. The chocolate and vanilla are both excellent, and that
>> brand is highly fortified and the Whey protein in it is Lactose free!

>I will have to look for that. Hmmm, I wonder if there is a GNC in
>the mall. I will be there Monday, doing my Christmas shopping (sigh).

>> > Yeah, though sometimes it's too late, sorry to say.

>> Don't dwell on it... I lost mom last year, so daddums is living with me
>> now, and seems to like my cooking. He is also good about taking vitamin supplements.

>That's good to hear.
>
>Unfortunately, I'm talking about alz sufferers who live on long
>after their brain does. Horrid illness.
>
>nancy

Ideas for healthy meals prepared in bulk ShrewdSimian General Cooking 7 03-01-2012 09:17 PM
Anyone ever try to pass off frozen prepared foods as their home madeat a potluck? Food Snob®[_2_] General Cooking 48 19-08-2010 05:27 AM
Frozen meals? Serene General Cooking 137 11-11-2007 11:47 PM
Frozen summertime meals Michael Grossman General Cooking 4 20-06-2004 12:39 PM
Prepared meals for diabetics healthysweets Diabetic 10 26-11-2003 02:07 PM