zxcvbob

Default I gotta get me one of these!

It's 42% off!

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....ROD_ID=846497#

Or maybe I'll just keep using my old Swingaway...

Best regards,
Bob
Pennyaline

"zxcvbob"
> It's 42% off!
>
> http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....ROD_ID=846497#
>
> Or maybe I'll just keep using my old Swingaway...

Oooooo, no! Just think, you'll be saving $376.14!

<there oughta be a law, I'm telling ya>

notbob

On 2004-07-20, zxcvbob > wrote:

> It's 42% off!

Geez, for that price it better come with someone to hold the can.

nb
Felice Friese

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message

> It's 42% off!
>
> http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....ROD_ID=846497#
>
> Or maybe I'll just keep using my old Swingaway...
>
> Best regards,
> Bob

I'd CHEW the cans open before I bought that one.

Felice

Felice Friese

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message

> It's 42% off!
>
> http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....ROD_ID=846497#
>
> Or maybe I'll just keep using my old Swingaway...
>
> Best regards,
> Bob

I'd CHEW the cans open before I bought that one.

Felice

Van

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2004-07-20, zxcvbob > wrote:
>
> > It's 42% off!

> Geez, for that price it better come with someone to hold the can.
>
> nb

Someone *really* nice & cute. . . .

Van

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, zxcvbob
> wrote:

> It's 42% off!
>
> http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....ROD_ID=846497#
>
> Or maybe I'll just keep using my old Swingaway...
>
> Best regards,
> Bob

I think you should go for it -- they say the sell out risk is VERY HIGH.
Get on it!
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/4/04.

Puester

zxcvbob wrote:

> It's 42% off!
>
> http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....ROD_ID=846497#
>
> Or maybe I'll just keep using my old Swingaway...
>
> Best regards,
> Bob

But just look at all the features....and such an elegant design.

(OMG. Do you think they'll sell ANY???)

gloria p

zxcvbob wrote:

> It's 42% off!
>
> http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....ROD_ID=846497#
>
> Or maybe I'll just keep using my old Swingaway...
>
> Best regards,
> Bob

i think that this is spam... according to the FAQ on this newsgroup you
should not post spam, nor should you answer spam...
sf

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:12:21 -0500, zxcvbob
> wrote:

> http://www.overstock.com/

What a great site! Love the popcorn cart on the side - I
found some dishes that I like and Thomas the Tank Engine
DVDs...

sf
going back to browse more

sf

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:01:46 GMT, Puester
> wrote:

> zxcvbob wrote:
> >
> > It's 42% off!
> >
> > http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....ROD_ID=846497#
> >
> > Or maybe I'll just keep using my old Swingaway...
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Bob

> But just look at all the features....and such an elegant design.
>
> (OMG. Do you think they'll sell ANY???)

It's a commercial can opener for commercial kitchens, so
it's a business expense.

zxcvbob wrote:

> wrote:
> > zxcvbob wrote:
> >
> >>It's 42% off!

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....ROD_ID=846497#

> >>Or maybe I'll just keep using my old Swingaway...
> >>
> >>Best regards,
> >>Bob

> > i think that this is spam... according to the FAQ on this newsgroup you
> > should not post spam, nor should you answer spam...

> You have a ridiculous definition of spam.
> I am not affiliated at all with overstock.com (although I have bought
> from them before), I linked to one of their products to start a discussion.
>
> Best regards,
> Bob

well we know where to buy can openers.. so what can you add.. you bought
a $400 can opener and got a good deal???? wow that is very interesting..
what idiot would pay that amount for a can opener????
Tony P.

In article >, says...

> It's 42% off!

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....ROD_ID=846497#

> Or maybe I'll just keep using my old Swingaway...
>
> Best regards,
> Bob

Rrrmmm. $499.99 is a bit steep when a $5.00 Swingaway does the same
damned thing. More than likely the Swingaway does a better job too. I've
got an ancient one that is about 20 years old and still works fine.

Default User

" wrote:

> zxcvbob wrote:
> >
> > wrote:

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....ROD_ID=846497#

> > > i think that this is spam... according to the FAQ on this newsgroup you
> > > should not post spam, nor should you answer spam...

> > You have a ridiculous definition of spam.
> > I am not affiliated at all with overstock.com (although I have bought
> > from them before), I linked to one of their products to start a discussion.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Bob

> well we know where to buy can openers.. so what can you add.. you bought
> a $400 can opener and got a good deal???? wow that is very interesting..
> what idiot would pay that amount for a can opener????

Are you stupid, or just unable to read for comprehension?

Bob didn't say anything about buying that can opener, in fact he said,
"Or maybe I'll just keep using my old Swingaway...". His message was
clearly (to any reasonable person) poking fun at $400 can openers. In no
way shape or form could that message be construed as spam.

Brian Rodenborn
PENMART01

wrote:
>> well we know where to buy can openers.. so what can you add.. you bought
>> a $400 can opener and got a good deal???? wow that is very interesting..
>> what idiot would pay that amount for a can opener????

>what are you on about? lemme guess, you made an ass of yourself and now
>you're trying to be contrary to hide the fact you now look like a total
>dick. i'd say quit while you're ahead. ;-)

He's a dicky bird.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

Pennyaline

> wrote:
> well we know where to buy can openers.. so what can you add.. you bought
> a $400 can opener and got a good deal???? wow that is very interesting..
> what idiot would pay that amount for a can opener????

What a maroon!

What an ultramaroon!!

Scott

In article >,
zxcvbob > wrote:

> You have a ridiculous definition of spam.
> I am not affiliated at all with overstock.com (although I have bought
> from them before), I linked to one of their products to start a discussion.

The guy who called your post spam is the one who posted the spam for
"Emeril Lagasse's creole christmas cookbook." I suppose he's being
petulant over people calling his unsolicited commercial post "spam."

please mail OT responses only
Terry Pulliam Burd

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 02:59:03 GMT, notbob > arranged
random neurons, so they looked like this:

>On 2004-07-20, zxcvbob > wrote:
>
>> It's 42% off!

>Geez, for that price it better come with someone to hold the can.

It better come with someone to make cocktails, clean my house and
change the oil in my car!

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
good dinner." Duncan Hines

To reply, remove replace "spaminator" with "cox"
jmcquown

wrote:
> zxcvbob wrote:
>>
>> It's 42% off!

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....ROD_ID=846497#

>> Or maybe I'll just keep using my old Swingaway...
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Bob

> i think that this is spam... according to the FAQ on this newsgroup
> you should not post spam, nor should you answer spam...

SPAM is when a person is trying to sell something for personal gain/profit.
He was making a joke about the ridiculous price of this can opener. Get
over it.

Jill

PENMART01

wrote:
>> zxcvbob wrote:
>>>
>>> It's 42% off!
>>>
>>> http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....ROD_ID=846497#
>>>
>>> Or maybe I'll just keep using my old Swingaway...
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Bob

>> i think that this is spam... according to the FAQ on this newsgroup
>> you should not post spam, nor should you answer spam...

>SPAM is when a person is trying to sell something for personal gain/profit.
>He was making a joke about the ridiculous price of this can opener. Get
>over it.
>
>Jill

Actually it's not a ridiculous price for THAT can opener, it's a great
bargain... that can opener is not a joke, it's a serious can opener for serious
cooking... yoose folks simply have extremely limited knowlege regarding food
professionalism. Yoose funny folks have obviously never opened #10 cans.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

PENMART01

Scott wrote:

> The guy who called your post spam is the one who posted the spam for
> "Emeril Lagasse's creole christmas cookbook." I suppose he's being
> petulant over people calling his unsolicited commercial post "spam."

Ah, I see. Thanks for pointing that out. I will now plonk the goober, as
he obviously has nothing useful to contribute.

Brian Rodenborn

Scott wrote:

> The guy who called your post spam is the one who posted the spam for
> "Emeril Lagasse's creole christmas cookbook." I suppose he's being
> petulant over people calling his unsolicited commercial post "spam."

Ah, I see. Thanks for pointing that out. I will now plonk the goober, as
he obviously has nothing useful to contribute.

Brian Rodenborn
Bob Myers

"Default User" > wrote in message
> Ah, I see. Thanks for pointing that out. I will now plonk the goober, as
> he obviously has nothing useful to contribute.

Y'know, I think I'm going to nominate "plonk the goober" for
a listing as one of the Ten Best Phrases To Come From The Internet...:-)

Bob M.

byakee

A shot rang out! And "Bob Myers" > said:

> "Default User" > wrote in message
> > Ah, I see. Thanks for pointing that out. I will now plonk the goober, as
> > he obviously has nothing useful to contribute.

> Y'know, I think I'm going to nominate "plonk the goober" for
> a listing as one of the Ten Best Phrases To Come From The Internet...:-)

I dunno, it sounds more like a sexual euphemism. Then again, what
doesn't..? ;-)

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
(COLD to HOT for e-mail)

zxcvbob

wrote:

>>>i think that this is spam... according to the FAQ on this newsgroup
>>>you should not post spam, nor should you answer spam...

>>SPAM is when a person is trying to sell something for personal gain/profit.
>>He was making a joke about the ridiculous price of this can opener. Get
>>over it.
>>
>>Jill

> Actually it's not a ridiculous price for THAT can opener, it's a great
> bargain... that can opener is not a joke, it's a serious can opener for serious
> cooking... yoose folks simply have extremely limited knowlege regarding food
> professionalism. Yoose funny folks have obviously never opened #10 cans.

I've seen similar can openers for about $400. The manual ones (clamp to
a bench) designed for opening lots of #10 and #6 cans are less than $100.

IMO, it was still funny because it was mixed in with the household
juicers and waffle-bakers and the description didn't say anything about
it being a commercial continuous-duty appliance.

Best regards,
Bob
zxcvbob

wrote:

>>>i think that this is spam... according to the FAQ on this newsgroup
>>>you should not post spam, nor should you answer spam...

>>SPAM is when a person is trying to sell something for personal gain/profit.
>>He was making a joke about the ridiculous price of this can opener. Get
>>over it.
>>
>>Jill

> Actually it's not a ridiculous price for THAT can opener, it's a great
> bargain... that can opener is not a joke, it's a serious can opener for serious
> cooking... yoose folks simply have extremely limited knowlege regarding food
> professionalism. Yoose funny folks have obviously never opened #10 cans.

I've seen similar can openers for about $400. The manual ones (clamp to
a bench) designed for opening lots of #10 and #6 cans are less than $100.

IMO, it was still funny because it was mixed in with the household
juicers and waffle-bakers and the description didn't say anything about
it being a commercial continuous-duty appliance.

Best regards,
Bob
sf

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:15:48 GMT, "
> wrote:

> zxcvbob wrote:
> >
> > It's 42% off!
> >
> > http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....ROD_ID=846497#
> >
> > Or maybe I'll just keep using my old Swingaway...
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Bob

> i think that this is spam... according to the FAQ on this newsgroup you
> should not post spam, nor should you answer spam...

Oh, come on... either lighten up OR put your superior
reading skill to work figuring out if zxcvbob is a regular
poster with an offbeat sense of humor.

sf

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:15:48 GMT, "
> wrote:

> zxcvbob wrote:
> >
> > It's 42% off!
> >
> > http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....ROD_ID=846497#
> >
> > Or maybe I'll just keep using my old Swingaway...
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Bob

> i think that this is spam... according to the FAQ on this newsgroup you
> should not post spam, nor should you answer spam...

Oh, come on... either lighten up OR put your superior
reading skill to work figuring out if zxcvbob is a regular
poster with an offbeat sense of humor.

sf

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:55:20 -0500, zxcvbob
> wrote:

> IMO, it was still funny because it was mixed in with the household
> juicers and waffle-bakers and the description didn't say anything about
> it being a commercial continuous-duty appliance.

Here is what it says:

This electric can opener is designed for heavy-duty use in
any kitchen. Made of stainless steel, it features
single-handed operation, dual-speed function, and a powerful
115-volt motor. You do not need to lift heavy cans--simply
slide the can up to the can opener. It will open most shapes
and sizes of cans, even odd shaped and dented cans! This is
the perfect can opener for the discriminating chef.

Somewhere between "heavy-duty" and "chef" I think most
people can figure out it's meant for commercial use....
however, it IS FUNNY (the haha type) that it's tucked in
with home appliances.

sf