limey

Default Quality knife shops in London

"al" wrote in message

> Any recommendations? I see some in the departments stores on Oxford

Street,
> but they are pretty limited collections and the staff are crap. I've
> narrowed my choice down to a few and need to see + feel to make up my

mind!
> I'm now looking at Sabatier, Global, Wusthof and Henckels and I want a
> carving knife and a more general chefs knife. From the look of the small
> pics I've seen on the web, the Global ones aren't so pretty (very

important
> factor and I prefer wood handles, but otherwise I'm finding it very

hard
> to choose.
>
> Originally wanted Japanese Damascus style knives, but just can't find them
> in the regular shops or even online local sites (plenty for the US, but

not
> here).

Al, you might also like to pose your question in uk.food+drink.misc or
rec.food.equipment, to give your question more exposure. Good luck.

Dora

J. Random Luser

al wrote:
> Any recommendations? I see some in the departments stores on Oxford Street,
> but they are pretty limited collections and the staff are crap. I've
> narrowed my choice down to a few and need to see + feel to make up my mind!
> I'm now looking at Sabatier, Global, Wusthof and Henckels and I want a
> carving knife and a more general chefs knife. From the look of the small
> pics I've seen on the web, the Global ones aren't so pretty (very important
> factor and I prefer wood handles, but otherwise I'm finding it very hard
> to choose.
>
> Originally wanted Japanese Damascus style knives, but just can't find them
> in the regular shops or even online local sites (plenty for the US, but not
> here).

I found some decent'ish knives at Allders. While not Japanese Damascus
style knives, they perform quite well.

http://www.allders.com/id-201/Product.go

cheers,
jr.