Sheryl Rosen

Default Snowed in In Connecticut

I've already called Barbara Schaller at Margaret Suran's, relaying my
regrets that I will not be attending today's brunch in New York City.

I'm soooo disappointed!!!

Had looked forward to this for weeks and I can't believe I'm not going! :-)

My street was just finally plowed, we have about 4 inches of snow here now,
with blizzard conditions on the way. My friend the local weather man just
called me...the (cable news) station sent a 4 wheel drive truck to pick him
up at 3am this morning, it took them over an hour. The station is 10 miles
away. And he told me, on the phone, the same thing he said on the air
"DON'T LEAVE THE HOUSE TODAY! There's MORE SNOW on the way!"

So I am heeding his warnings.

Am going to huddle back under the covers for a little while, then get some
stuff done around the house today.

I'll be calling Margaret's again this afternoon. Maybe they could email me
one of Marcel's bloody marys! (wishing I had some vodka and tomato juice in
the house. Got plenty of wine, but no bloody mary fixings.)

PENMART01

In article >, Sheryl Rosen
> writes:

> Maybe they could email me
>one of Marcel's bloody marys! (wishing I had some vodka and tomato juice in
>the house. Got plenty of wine, but no bloody mary fixings.)

mulled wine
Red or white wine that is heated with various citrus fruits and spices such as
cinnamon, cloves, allspice or nutmeg. Mulled wine is generally sweetened with
sugar and often fortified with a spirit, usually brandy. Some recipes call for
stirring the hot wine mixture into beaten eggs, which adds flavor and body to
the beverage.

© Copyright Barron's Educational Services, Inc. 1995
based on THE FOOD LOVER'S COMPANION, 2nd edition, by Sharon Tyler Herbst.

http://www.epicurious.com/s97is.vts?...er=drink-filte
r.hts&collection=Drinks&ResultTemplate=drink-results.hts&keyword=mulled%20wine

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 14:56:32 GMT, Sheryl Rosen
> wrote:

>I've already called Barbara Schaller at Margaret Suran's, relaying my
>regrets that I will not be attending today's brunch in New York City.
>
>I'm soooo disappointed!!!
>
>Had looked forward to this for weeks and I can't believe I'm not going! :-)

I am sorry you couldn't make it as well. My wife and I had only to get
on the Lex for a few stops and walk 3 blocks (with boots). We met a
bunch of great people, some of whom went to amazing lengths to get
there.

I think everyone had a great time. We certainly did.

With all the vituperation on usenet, it is amazing how civilized
people can be when they actually get together. I think even Sheldon
would have been nice, and enjoyed himself, if he had come.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

The sound of a Great Blue Heron's wingbeats going by your head

Snowed in. Andy[_2_] General Cooking 26 16-02-2007 09:37 PM
Company in the Meadow. Was: Snowed in. Andy[_2_] General Cooking 2 15-02-2007 01:54 PM
Snowed In Damsel in dis Dress General Cooking 123 20-12-2005 02:50 AM
Ikea (was Snowed In) Sharon Chilson General Cooking 0 15-12-2005 08:39 PM
Connecticut sushi HGL Sushi 2 28-11-2005 06:07 PM