Blair P. Houghton

Default Wild Turkey 101-proof Rye

The universe finally conspired to place me, $23, and a
bottle of Wild Turkey 101-proof Rye in the same store.

Got it home, uncorked it, dropped in an ice cube, swirled
for a bit (have to get that alcohol content down below 35%,
ya know), and baby, this is the shiznit. For Ryes.

I like rye. It's the original American whiskey. It's a lot
like Irish whiskeys (which are mostly rye-based, natch). It
won't supplant your nicer bourbons or scotches, but it fits a
middle ground between sweetness and peatiness that sometimes
comprises exactly what you want.

I've been drinking Jim Beam rye for over a decade, and
sometimes it takes a steely resolve. I liken its bouquet
to that of a working automotive garage.

But this Wild Turkey is gorgeous.

--Blair
"Don't go demand-pressuring the
price up on me, now."
notbob

On 2003-12-06, Blair P Houghton > wrote:

> But this Wild Turkey is gorgeous.

Wild Turkey is one of the great American bourbons. It blows those
other premium bourbons (Knob Creek, Basil Hayden, etc) out of the
water. Single-barrel WT (Rare Breed) is my favorite of all whiskeys.
I haven't tried the rye yet, but recall a website that gave it
surprisingly high marks. Maybe I'll try a bottle for Xmas.

nb
Chris

For me, it's Chivas Regal Scottish Whiskey.

;-)

Richard Periut

These bourbons are aged in french oak which have been charred. This
imparts the smoky vanilla flavors that these premium bourbons have.

However, Knob Creek, et cetera, have nothing to envy.

I had the pleasure of visiting Makers Mark in Kentucky; it's good, but
not up to par with the premium ones.

I don't recall Makers Mark having a "premium" brand, and always wondered
why they don't produce one.

Cigar Aficionado had an excellent review on bourbons years ago.

Richard

notbob wrote:
> On 2003-12-06, Blair P Houghton > wrote:
>
>>But this Wild Turkey is gorgeous.
>>

> Wild Turkey is one of the great American bourbons. It blows those
> other premium bourbons (Knob Creek, Basil Hayden, etc) out of the
> water. Single-barrel WT (Rare Breed) is my favorite of all whiskeys.
> I haven't tried the rye yet, but recall a website that gave it
> surprisingly high marks. Maybe I'll try a bottle for Xmas.
>
> nb

John Gaughan

notbob wrote:
> Wild Turkey is one of the great American bourbons. It blows those
> other premium bourbons (Knob Creek, Basil Hayden, etc) out of the
> water.

I think Knob Creek is much better than Wild Turkey. It has a much more
mellow taste given the proof. But this is coming from a guy whose
favorite drink is Jack Daniels. I'm more into whiskey than bourbon.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

Rick & Cyndi

:
: However, Knob Creek, et cetera, have nothing to envy.
:
: I had the pleasure of visiting Makers Mark in Kentucky; it's
good, but
: not up to par with the premium ones.
:
: I don't recall Makers Mark having a "premium" brand, and always
wondered
: why they don't produce one.
:
: Cigar Aficionado had an excellent review on bourbons years ago.
:
: Richard
:===========

That's interesting, about Maker's Mark. I feel just the
opposite. Of course, that's why we each have different tastes
and why there are lots of distilleries... LOL

I actually was introduced to Maker's Mark years ago (back in my
Service days) and then, several years later I dated a fellow
whose family lived in that neck of the woods. I was amazed at
how personable and friendly everyone at Maker's Mark was. Great
tour.

Now, even though I know they're different, my comment to people
trying M.M. for the first time is: If you *like* Jack Daniel's,
you'll *love* Maker's Mark. To me, YMMV, M.M. is a lot smoother
than both Jack D. and Wild Turkey. Before M.M., I was more of a
Chivas Girl... now it's pretty much just a glass of red wine or
an occasional glass of scotch with a little milk... old age, ya
know, I need my calcium. <G>

--
Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply>

notbob

On 2003-12-06, Richard Periut > wrote:

> Cigar Aficionado had an excellent review on bourbons years ago.

Here you go:

http://www.straightbourbon.com/tasting/tasting0001.html

I made a mistake when I said I like Rare Breed (the author's favorite,
also). I meant WT Kentucky Spirit. Rare Breed is a blend. Kentucky
Spirit is single-barrel.

nb
levelwave

Blair P. Houghton wrote:

> The universe finally conspired to place me, $23, and a
> bottle of Wild Turkey 101-proof Rye in the same store.

For me it's all about the Bacarcar... mixed with a little Coke of course...

~john!

--
Say hello to the rug's topography...It holds quite a lot of interest
with your face down on it...

notbob

On 2003-12-06, Rick & Cyndi > wrote:

> I actually was introduced to Maker's Mark years ago (back in my

Me too. I abandoned JD for tequila and never looked back. Years
later I tried to figure out what I ever saw in JD. Horrible stuff.
Much later, someone turned me on to MM, a brand I'd never heard of.
Bingo!

> you'll *love* Maker's Mark.

Excellent stuff, no doubt.

> M.M. is a lot smoother
> than both Jack D. and Wild Turkey.

Give WT Kentucky Spirit a try. Every bit as smooth as MM, and more
character. It's pricey, about $50 per bottle, but oh man! The Scot's
got nothing on good American whiskey.

nb
Sam D.

"Blair P. Houghton" > wrote in message
> The universe finally conspired to place me, $23, and a
> bottle of Wild Turkey 101-proof Rye in the same store.
>
> Got it home, uncorked it, dropped in an ice cube, swirled
> for a bit (have to get that alcohol content down below 35%,
> ya know), and baby, this is the shiznit. For Ryes.
>
> I like rye. It's the original American whiskey. It's a lot
> like Irish whiskeys (which are mostly rye-based, natch). It
> won't supplant your nicer bourbons or scotches, but it fits a
> middle ground between sweetness and peatiness that sometimes
> comprises exactly what you want.
>
> I've been drinking Jim Beam rye for over a decade, and
> sometimes it takes a steely resolve. I liken its bouquet
> to that of a working automotive garage.
>
> But this Wild Turkey is gorgeous.

I live in Los Angeles and there are very few stores around here that carry
any brand of rye whiskey. For me, Old Overholt is the rye of choice.

Dave Smith

"Blair P. Houghton" wrote:

> The universe finally conspired to place me, $23, and a
> bottle of Wild Turkey 101-proof Rye in the same store.

Isn't Wild Turkey a Bourbon whiskey?
http://www.missionliquors.com/bourbon/wild-turkey.html

Rich McCormack

Dave Smith wrote:

> "Blair P. Houghton" wrote:
>
> > The universe finally conspired to place me, $23, and a
> > bottle of Wild Turkey 101-proof Rye in the same store.

> Isn't Wild Turkey a Bourbon whiskey?
> http://www.missionliquors.com/bourbon/wild-turkey.html

Don't drink that much whiskey (wife discourages it, says I get too
ornery when I do) so I'm no expert, but as I understand it...

Bourbon whiskey must be made from at least 51% corn but can include
other grains, such as wheat and rye, for flavor. Rye whiskey must
be made from at least 51% rye. Wild Turkey is a Bourbon whiskey
made with a significant amount of rye for flavor, but it is not
a Rye whiskey.
notbob

On 2003-12-06, Rich McCormack > wrote:

> Bourbon whiskey must be made from at least 51% corn but can include
> other grains, such as wheat and rye, for flavor. Rye whiskey must
> be made from at least 51% rye. Wild Turkey is a Bourbon whiskey
> made with a significant amount of rye for flavor, but it is not
> a Rye whiskey.

Oh, and you were doing so good. Oh well, 3 outta 4 ain't bad.
Wild Turkey Rye ...green neck seal.

http://www.wildturkeybourbon.com/flock/us.htm

nb
Rich McCormack

notbob wrote:

> On 2003-12-06, Rich McCormack > wrote:
>
> > Bourbon whiskey must be made from at least 51% corn but can include
> > other grains, such as wheat and rye, for flavor. Rye whiskey must
> > be made from at least 51% rye. Wild Turkey is a Bourbon whiskey
> > made with a significant amount of rye for flavor, but it is not
> > a Rye whiskey.

> Oh, and you were doing so good. Oh well, 3 outta 4 ain't bad.
> Wild Turkey Rye ...green neck seal.

Don't recall ever seeing Wild Turkey Rye back when I occasionally
took a nip of whiskey now and then. As I mentioned, I'm no expert
on whiskey, as my wife discourages it. I remember when her father
(who also was known to take a nip or few of whiskey now and then)
died many years ago, my brother-in-law and I thought it appropriate
to buy a flask of Wild Turkey and tuck it into in his jacket before
they closed the lid and buried him. Years later, I mentioned this
to one of his relatives. He said except for our choice of whiskey,
it was a nice gesture. Apparently Joe didn't like Bourbon much
and preferred Canadian whiskey, which I think is mostly made from
rye...but then what do I know. :-)
Jimmy Tango

"John Gaughan" > wrote in message
> notbob wrote:
> > Wild Turkey is one of the great American bourbons. It blows those
> > other premium bourbons (Knob Creek, Basil Hayden, etc) out of the
> > water.

> I think Knob Creek is much better than Wild Turkey. It has a much more
> mellow taste given the proof. But this is coming from a guy whose
> favorite drink is Jack Daniels. I'm more into whiskey than bourbon.

What do you all think of Jameson?

John Gaughan

Jimmy Tango wrote:
> What do you all think of Jameson?

Vile. But I have a bottle for use in irish car bombs.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

Richard Periut

John Gaughan wrote:
> notbob wrote:
>
>> Wild Turkey is one of the great American bourbons. It blows those
>> other premium bourbons (Knob Creek, Basil Hayden, etc) out of the water.

> I think Knob Creek is much better than Wild Turkey. It has a much more
> mellow taste given the proof. But this is coming from a guy whose
> favorite drink is Jack Daniels. I'm more into whiskey than bourbon.
>
> --
> John Gaughan
> http://www.johngaughan.net/

Bourbon is whiskey! Not all whiskies are bourbon. They have to originate
in Bourbon county Kentucky to officially be called Bourbon.

Richard

--
"..A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava
beans and a nice chianti..."

Hannibal "The Cannibal"

Silence Of The Lambs 1991

Richard Periut

Rick & Cyndi wrote:
> "Richard Periut" > wrote in message
> : These bourbons are aged in french oak which have been charred.
> This
> : imparts the smoky vanilla flavors that these premium bourbons
> have.
> :
> : However, Knob Creek, et cetera, have nothing to envy.
> :
> : I had the pleasure of visiting Makers Mark in Kentucky; it's
> good, but
> : not up to par with the premium ones.
> :
> : I don't recall Makers Mark having a "premium" brand, and always
> wondered
> : why they don't produce one.
> :
> : Cigar Aficionado had an excellent review on bourbons years ago.
> :
> : Richard
> :===========
>
> That's interesting, about Maker's Mark. I feel just the
> opposite. Of course, that's why we each have different tastes
> and why there are lots of distilleries... LOL
>
> I actually was introduced to Maker's Mark years ago (back in my
> Service days) and then, several years later I dated a fellow
> whose family lived in that neck of the woods. I was amazed at
> how personable and friendly everyone at Maker's Mark was. Great
> tour.
>
> Now, even though I know they're different, my comment to people
> trying M.M. for the first time is: If you *like* Jack Daniel's,
> you'll *love* Maker's Mark. To me, YMMV, M.M. is a lot smoother
> than both Jack D. and Wild Turkey. Before M.M., I was more of a
> Chivas Girl... now it's pretty much just a glass of red wine or
> an occasional glass of scotch with a little milk... old age, ya
> know, I need my calcium. <G>

I hope you note that when I was refering to premiums, I meant Wild
Turkey RARE BREED (not the other stuff which I liken to moonshine.)
Also, when you refer to J. Daniels, are you talking about the refined
Gentleman Jack?

Richard

--
"..A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava
beans and a nice chianti..."

Hannibal "The Cannibal"

Silence Of The Lambs 1991

Greg Mortensen

In > Richard Periut > writes:

>Bourbon is whiskey! Not all whiskies are bourbon. They have to originate
>in Bourbon county Kentucky to officially be called Bourbon.

Wild Turkey Bourbon is made in Anderson County, Maker's Mark in Marion
County, and Virginia Gentleman Bourbon is made in Virginia. There aren't
any active distilleries in Bourbon County, Kentucky.

Regards,
Greg
--
\|/ ___ \|/ +----- 2048/83C90191 -----+
@~./'O o`\.~@ | 0B 65 E0 58 F3 F9 81 F5 |
Richard Periut

Greg Mortensen wrote:
> In > Richard Periut > writes:
>

>>Bourbon is whiskey! Not all whiskies are bourbon. They have to originate
>>in Bourbon county Kentucky to officially be called Bourbon.

> Wild Turkey Bourbon is made in Anderson County, Maker's Mark in Marion
> County, and Virginia Gentleman Bourbon is made in Virginia. There aren't
> any active distilleries in Bourbon County, Kentucky.
>
> Regards,
> Greg

I stand corrected; I should of mentioned that this was the case back
then. Now a days, it can only be bourbon if made in Kentucky.

Please check out:

http://www.straightbourbon.com/faq.html#4 And read # 4

Regards,

Richard

--
"..A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava
beans and a nice chianti..."

Hannibal "The Cannibal"

Silence Of The Lambs 1991

Dave Smith

Jimmy Tango wrote:

> > I think Knob Creek is much better than Wild Turkey. It has a much more
> > mellow taste given the proof. But this is coming from a guy whose
> > favorite drink is Jack Daniels. I'm more into whiskey than bourbon.
> >

> What do you all think of Jameson?

Like most Irish whiskeys, I think it is underrated. To my taste, it has a
lot of the characteristics of single malt scotch but at blended whiskey
prices.

I just bought a bottle of it today. Not only do I like to drink Irish
whiskey, but I make my own Irish Cream with it aka Bailey's.

1/2 bottle Irish whiskey
1 can sweetened condensed milk
4 eggs
1 Tbsp. chocolate syrup

Mix in blender and give it a whiz.
Can be stored in the fridge for 4 days they say, but it is not likely to
last that long.

blake murphy

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 19:17:00 GMT, Rich McCormack >
wrote:
>>Don't recall ever seeing Wild Turkey Rye back when I occasionally

>took a nip of whiskey now and then. As I mentioned, I'm no expert
>on whiskey, as my wife discourages it. I remember when her father
>(who also was known to take a nip or few of whiskey now and then)
>died many years ago, my brother-in-law and I thought it appropriate
>to buy a flask of Wild Turkey and tuck it into in his jacket before
>they closed the lid and buried him. Years later, I mentioned this
>to one of his relatives. He said except for our choice of whiskey,
>it was a nice gesture. Apparently Joe didn't like Bourbon much
>and preferred Canadian whiskey, which I think is mostly made from
>rye...but then what do I know. :-)

it's the thought that counts.

your pal,
blake
Blair P. Houghton

notbob > wrote:
>On 2003-12-06, Richard Periut > wrote:
>
>> Cigar Aficionado had an excellent review on bourbons years ago.

>Here you go:
>
>http://www.straightbourbon.com/tasting/tasting0001.html

I wonder if the rick-house mentioned in the first paragraph is
the one that burned down earlier this year.

>I made a mistake when I said I like Rare Breed (the author's favorite,
>also). I meant WT Kentucky Spirit. Rare Breed is a blend. Kentucky
>Spirit is single-barrel.

Drinking will do that to you.

--Blair
"Now where'd I put my signature?"
Greg Mortensen

In > Richard Periut > writes:

>I stand corrected; I should of mentioned that this was the case back
>then. Now a days, it can only be bourbon if made in Kentucky.

That's not true, either. Bourbon is a product of the United States, and
can only be made here -- but it can be made in any state. You can read
about the labeling and advertising of distilled spirits in the Code of
Federal Regulations at http://www.access.gpo.gov ; 27CFR5, Sec 5.22
states: "That the word ''bourbon'' shall not be used to describe any
whisky or whisky-based distilled spirits not produced in the United
States."

Regan and Regan also make mention of this in "The Bourbon Companion":
"Because of a congressional proclamation issued in 1964, bourbon must be
made in the United States. But it doesn't have to be made in Bourbon
County, Kentucky (where there are no distilleries at present), or even in
the state of Kentucky."

#4 is incorrect, as the Federal Regulation doesn't prevent states other
than Kentucky from putting "Bourbon" on the bottle. (An example of this
is "Virginia Gentleman Bourbon", which is made and distilled by the A.
Smith Bowman Distillery in Virginia.)

...but in the end, who cares? As long as I have my Wild Turkey, I'm
happy.

Regards,
Greg

--
\|/ ___ \|/ +----- 2048/83C90191 -----+
@~./'O o`\.~@ | 0B 65 E0 58 F3 F9 81 F5 |
/__( \___/ )__\ Crypto, Security, and Phrack: | F0 72 75 FA 1E BD C9 66 |
`\__`U_/'
http://pobox.com/~thevision +-------- via WWW --------+
Blair P. Houghton

levelwave > wrote:
>Blair P. Houghton wrote:
>
>> The universe finally conspired to place me, $23, and a
>> bottle of Wild Turkey 101-proof Rye in the same store.

>For me it's all about the Bacarcar... mixed with a little Coke of course...

Bacarcar?

--Blair
"Shite, mon. Have another; you're drunk."

blake murphy

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 16:57:06 -0600, John Gaughan
> wrote:

>Jimmy Tango wrote:
>> What do you all think of Jameson?

>Vile. But I have a bottle for use in irish car bombs.

is jameson the prod whiskey or is it the other one?

your pal,
blake
Blair P. Houghton

Dave Smith > wrote:
>"Blair P. Houghton" wrote:
>
>> The universe finally conspired to place me, $23, and a
>> bottle of Wild Turkey 101-proof Rye in the same store.

>Isn't Wild Turkey a Bourbon whiskey?
>http://www.missionliquors.com/bourbon/wild-turkey.html

It's a brand name for a number of different whiskeys.

--Blair
"Just waiting for someone to make
a Hello Kitty single-malt..."
Richard Periut

Greg Mortensen wrote:
> In > Richard Periut > writes:
>

>>I stand corrected; I should of mentioned that this was the case back
>>then. Now a days, it can only be bourbon if made in Kentucky.

> That's not true, either. Bourbon is a product of the United States, and
> can only be made here -- but it can be made in any state. You can read
> about the labeling and advertising of distilled spirits in the Code of
> Federal Regulations at http://www.access.gpo.gov ; 27CFR5, Sec 5.22
> states: "That the word ''bourbon'' shall not be used to describe any
> whisky or whisky-based distilled spirits not produced in the United
> States."
>
> Regan and Regan also make mention of this in "The Bourbon Companion":
> "Because of a congressional proclamation issued in 1964, bourbon must be
> made in the United States. But it doesn't have to be made in Bourbon
> County, Kentucky (where there are no distilleries at present), or even in
> the state of Kentucky."
>

>>Please check out:
>>http://www.straightbourbon.com/faq.html#4 And read # 4

> #4 is incorrect, as the Federal Regulation doesn't prevent states other
> than Kentucky from putting "Bourbon" on the bottle. (An example of this
> is "Virginia Gentleman Bourbon", which is made and distilled by the A.
> Smith Bowman Distillery in Virginia.)
>
> ...but in the end, who cares? As long as I have my Wild Turkey, I'm
> happy.
>
> Regards,
> Greg

I'm getting conflicting advice. I'm going to check those sources.

Thanks,

Richard

--
"..A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava
beans and a nice chianti..."

Hannibal "The Cannibal"

Silence Of The Lambs 1991

Blair P. Houghton

Steve Wertz > wrote:
>On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 04:42:29 GMT, Richard Periut >
>wrote:
>
>>I don't recall Makers Mark having a "premium" brand, and always wondered
>>why they don't produce one.

>What do the different colors of wax on the caps denote? Red and gold,
>maybe some silver, too.

They occasionally make a special batch, but they've taken
to putting different colored wax on bottles simply for
collectibility reasons.

They've stuck pretty close to the single product, and if
they're smart they'll stick to it in the future, but you
know MBA's, they're not really smart, and they all have
something to prove that nobody was questioning in the
first place, so before long you'll probably see Maker's
Mark start putting out "single-barrel" and "founder's
reserve" labels.

--Blair
"There's better ways to lose your integrity."
John Gaughan

blake murphy wrote:
> is jameson the prod whiskey or is it the other one?

prod?

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

John Gaughan

Richard Periut wrote:
> Bourbon is whiskey!

Correct, in the pedantic sense of the word. When I say "whiskey" I mean
"whiskey that is not also bourbon." And when I say that I prefer whiskey
over bourbon, I mean I prefer non-bourbon whiskey over bourbon whiskey.
If I mean bourbon, I say "bourbon." Otherwise I say "whiskey" and refer
to the whiskeys that are not also bourbon.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

John Gaughan

Blair P. Houghton wrote:
>> For me it's all about the Bacarcar... mixed with a little Coke of
>> course...

> Bacarcar?

Google found zero matches... maybe the OP can shed some light.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

Blair P. Houghton

John Gaughan > wrote:
>notbob wrote:
>> Wild Turkey is one of the great American bourbons. It blows those
>> other premium bourbons (Knob Creek, Basil Hayden, etc) out of the
>> water.

>I think Knob Creek is much better than Wild Turkey. It has a much more
>mellow taste given the proof. But this is coming from a guy whose
>favorite drink is Jack Daniels. I'm more into whiskey than bourbon.

I just got gifted the last fourth of a fifth of KC, and
it's my new favorite bourbon. It's going to make me try
the rest of Beam's specialty brands (Booker Noe's and
the like).

I like the Wild Turkey 101 (in fact, I have a glass
of it next to me right now). Knob Creek is a little
more smoky. Very nice. I used to dig JD, especially as
a Jack-and-Coke. But then I discovered good booze.
Now, like McDonald's burgers, I won't waste my boozing
opportunities on Jack.

Jack isn't bourbon, by the way. Jim Beam is. Jack is
Tennessee Whiskey. They're both sour-mash corn liquor
based whiskeys. The difference, technically, is that
Tennessee Whiskey gets an extra filtering through
white-sugar-maple charcoal. Even so, there are better
Tennessees (George Dickel's, et al).

--Blair
"Mix with gusto."
Blair P. Houghton

Greg Mortensen > wrote:
>Wild Turkey Bourbon is made in Anderson County, Maker's Mark in Marion
>County, and Virginia Gentleman Bourbon is made in Virginia. There aren't
>any active distilleries in Bourbon County, Kentucky.

I don't think that last bit is true; and if it is, it's a
tragedy of national proportions.

--Blair
"And a monster of a business opportunity."
Blair P. Houghton

Default Car Bomb ( Wild Turkey 101-proof Rye)

John Gaughan > wrote:
>Jimmy Tango wrote:
>> What do you all think of Jameson?

>Vile. But I have a bottle for use in irish car bombs.

Speaking of vile, I can't think of a more reprehensible name
for anything than "Car Bomb".

--Blair
"Couldn't just call it the
'Dublin night out'?"

levelwave

Blair P. Houghton wrote:

> Bacarcar?

Bacardi. 'Twas said one night in a drunken stupor and the name stuck...

~john!

John Gaughan

Blair P. Houghton wrote:
>> Vile. But I have a bottle for use in irish car bombs.

> Speaking of vile, I can't think of a more reprehensible name for
> anything than "Car Bomb".

Oh but they are so good. And about five minutes after you are done, it
hits you like its namesake.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

Denise~*

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 03:29:35 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>Wild Turkey is one of the great American bourbons. It blows those
>other premium bourbons (Knob Creek, Basil Hayden, etc) out of the
>water. Single-barrel WT (Rare Breed) is my favorite of all whiskeys.
>I haven't tried the rye yet, but recall a website that gave it
>surprisingly high marks. Maybe I'll try a bottle for Xmas.

I'm gonna have to post here the next ime I want to buy some alc.
Had to get some bourbon for a recipe, so I asked the friendly stock
gal thinking if she worked there she would know the goods. I asked
her for the one that was "middle ground & good" I didn't want the
best or the worst, just the acceptable. She points to one & says.
"this is the most popular, and the cheapest too!
:-/

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?
Charles Gifford

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 16:57:06 -0600, John Gaughan
> > wrote:
>
> >Jimmy Tango wrote:
> >> What do you all think of Jameson?

> >Vile. But I have a bottle for use in irish car bombs.

> is jameson the prod whiskey or is it the other one?
>
> your pal,
> blake

It is from the Republic. Bushmills, traditionally from Occupied Ulster, now
has a brewery in the South as well. Jameson's 12 year old is truly superb.
Bushmill has a single barrel one that is even better but very rare to find.
I cannot remember the name or label colour at the moment though. Personally
I drink Paddys.

Charlie

Tim Vanhoof

Blair P. Houghton > wrote:

> It's a lot
> like Irish whiskeys (which are mostly rye-based, natch).

No they're not.

A real wild turkey Beach Runner Vegan 29 04-12-2005 07:03 PM
Wild Rice and Turkey Soup [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 09-11-2005 05:35 AM
Wild Turkey 101 vs. Wild Turkey Rye [email protected] General 0 22-02-2005 02:13 AM
skinned wild turkey breast Some Mike Barbecue 8 19-04-2004 01:15 AM
Wild Turkey 101-proof Rye Blair P. Houghton General 55 11-12-2003 01:27 PM