TaraDanielle

Default Chinese New Year fundraiser inexpensive ideas?

Hi
I need to start the paperwork to request fundraising approval from my
elementary school superintendent. I want to offer a Chinese New Year
lunch for teacher at about $4 per plate (school lunch is $3.25,
including tea or coffee, for teachers.) Should they be preplated (with
several choices)or buffet style?

Does anyone have any ideas, menus they've used, idea if it would be
easier to get some trays from restaurants (if we have to heat a lot of
plates), ideas on how to deal with three different lunch periods ...

My class has a field trip 2/11/04, if it's approved. These funds would
help pay for it. (OT We're going to Edgar A. Poe's house, then eating
a bagged lunch or buying lunch if this goes very well, then going to
Mother Bethel AME church/Richard Allen Museum. All in Philly.)

My school has 49 teachers and a lot of support staff. I have no idea
how many buy lunch!
Tara p r i dy @ access4less. net
SportKite1

>Hi
>I need to start the paperwork to request fundraising approval from my
>elementary school superintendent. I want to offer a Chinese New Year
>lunch for teacher at about $4 per plate (school lunch is $3.25,
>including tea or coffee, for teachers.) Should they be preplated (with
>several choices)or buffet style?
>
>Does anyone have any ideas, menus they've used, idea if it would be
>easier to get some trays from restaurants (if we have to heat a lot of
>plates), ideas on how to deal with three different lunch periods ...
>
>My class has a field trip 2/11/04, if it's approved. These funds would
>help pay for it. (OT We're going to Edgar A. Poe's house, then eating
>a bagged lunch or buying lunch if this goes very well, then going to
>Mother Bethel AME church/Richard Allen Museum. All in Philly.)
>
>My school has 49 teachers and a lot of support staff. I have no idea
>how many buy lunch!
>Tara p r i dy @ access4less. net

Cold Chinese Chicken Salad with a spring roll purchased at Costco and baked to
reheat. Jasmine Green Tea.

Ellen

TaraDanielle

I haven't had any luck with packaged grocery store Asian food. It has
been tasteless or salty with no flavor, and very cheap on the seafood
or other expensive ingredients.
The cold sesame noodle salads are good, though.
I don't think anywhere would donate because it's not a "needy" cause,
it's not like I'm using the funds to buy an infant a jacket or
something :-)
Tara
PS Yes I think 90% of people like Chinese food. (I hope)