Bishoop

Default Non-drip Baster

I've heard there is a baster design that eliminates the annoying dripping
that accompanies the conventional baster design.

Can someone enlighten me on where such a tool, if it in fact exists, can be
purchased?

Thanks....

Dimitri

"Bishoop" > wrote in message
> I've heard there is a baster design that eliminates the annoying dripping
> that accompanies the conventional baster design.
>
> Can someone enlighten me on where such a tool, if it in fact exists, can

be
> purchased?
>
> Thanks....

Why yes, it's called a spoon.

Most basters rely on suction to suck in the juice. Because of the heat of
the juice it expands the air in the bulb and the basters DRIP.

Just use a large spoon.

Dimitri

PENMART01

"Dimitri" writes:

>"Bishoop" wrote:
>> I've heard there is a baster design that eliminates the annoying dripping
>> that accompanies the conventional baster design.
>>
>> Can someone enlighten me on where such a tool, if it in fact exists, can

>be
>> purchased?
>>
>> Thanks....

>Why yes, it's called a spoon.
>
>Most basters rely on suction to suck in the juice. Because of the heat of
>the juice it expands the air in the bulb and the basters DRIP.
>
>Just use a large spoon.

I use the large spoon method too, but I also use a large basting brush, the
type used for outdoor grills. I like to spoon out a goodly portion of the
fatty drippings as they accumulate and place it into a Pyrex cup to cool and
congeal a bit, makes it much easier and neater to apply with a brush.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

hahabogus

"Cardean" > wrote in
:

> As a newbie, please excuse me if I've completely missed the
> point of discussion, and pls note I'm from Australia.
>
> In respect of what I would call a Basting Wand, there seem to
> be two types; a glass pipette about 9" long with a rubber bulb
> to provide the suction, and a metal version of same which seems
> to be a waste of time because you can't see what or if any juices
> are being sucked (as the wand is easily blocked).
>
> If one is basting, i.e. retreiving the juices from the pan to re-coat
> the joint being roasted, why would one be concerned about whether
> the wand might drip or not ??
>
> Very possibly I may have completely missed the point in question,
> but I am somewhat intigued.
>
> B-regards
> Charles

The basting wand (baster) can be used to baste a joint of meat, or to
remove unwanted fatty juices from the cooking pan and transfer them to
somewhere where they're wanted. The glass tube job allows easy viewing of
contents to judge when full, or if there are solids that might bung it
up...but breaks easier. Now if you are dashing hellter skellter around your
kitchen with a full baster...you don't want it to drip or dribble.

--
And the beet goes on! (or under)
-me just a while ago

RSS Coffee Feed - Great Drip Coffee Maker - Technivorm Moccamaster KBT-741 - How do you choose a drip coffee maker? With so many brands, modules, features and prices, choosing a drip coffee maker is not as simple as it seems. The Technivorm Moccamast `RSS,,,@...' Coffee 0 20-01-2012 03:11 AM
Top Drip Makers under $100? Frank D. Greco Coffee 24 07-04-2004 07:33 PM
Drip pans Jayde Barbecue 9 24-01-2004 10:02 PM
Drip pans Jayde General Cooking 5 24-01-2004 04:33 PM
Latest baster busted Jack B General Cooking 6 06-11-2003 11:01 PM