FoodBanter.com

-   -   REQ: Panforte (Italian fruitcake) and other Italian Holiday goodies (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/2491-re-req-panforte-italian.html)

anna maria 01-12-2003 08:13 AM

La Vida Xena wrote:

> I can't find my panforte recipe! Until the last couple years I made panforte
> every year for Christmas. This year I want to make some of my old Italian
> favorites, but I can't find my Italian baking book with the notes in the
> margins. :-(
> I'm a little shy about breaking in a new recipe for a traditional Holiday
> goodie. I hope that someone here makes panforte and has a favorite recipe to
> share with me. Tried and true recipes for other Italian holiday goodies would
> also be appreciated, pretty please!
> Xena

there is an excellent recipe on the book by nick malgieri "great italian
desserts". is an excellent book very worth having. i am sorry i don't
have time to copy the recipe now, maybe in a couple of days if you can
wait. i think malgieri is the best baker. all his books are excellent.

ciao, anna maria

www.annamariavolpi.com

Sam D. 01-12-2003 03:09 PM

"anna maria" > wrote in message

> there is an excellent recipe on the book by nick malgieri "great italian
> desserts". is an excellent book very worth having. i am sorry i don't
> have time to copy the recipe now, maybe in a couple of days if you can
> wait. i think malgieri is the best baker. all his books are excellent.
>
> ciao, anna maria

The recipe you are describing for may be the one at the following web
address:
http://www.west175productions.com/cu...recipes/8.html