FoodBanter.com

-   -   The After Eight -> cocktail recipe (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/2490-after-eight-cocktail-recipe.html)

Pascal 01-12-2003 06:22 AM

The After Eight -> cocktail recipe

The After Eight

1/2 oz Kahlua
1/2 oz Bailey's Irish cream
2 oz creme de monte
milk
cream
chocolate syrup

Take a very tall curved cocktail glass, using the chocolate syrup put
a twisted design on the inside of the glass.
Place Kahlua, Bailey's amd creme de monte in a cocktail shaker and
blend together.
Then add some milk and cream to the shaker and shake.
Place 3 or 4 cubes of ice in the glass and strain the cocktail into
the glass. Garnish with chocolate sryup on the top with a swizzel
stick and a straw.

more cocktails, appetizers and sauces at
http://users.pandora.be/pascal.meijer

Wayne Boatwright 01-12-2003 06:37 AM

The After Eight -> cocktail recipe

(Pascal) wrote in
om:

> The After Eight
>
> 1/2 oz Kahlua
> 1/2 oz Bailey's Irish cream
> 2 oz creme de monte
> milk
> cream
> chocolate syrup
>

> Take a very tall curved cocktail glass, using the chocolate syrup put
> a twisted design on the inside of the glass.
> Place Kahlua, Bailey's amd creme de monte in a cocktail shaker and
> blend together.
> Then add some milk and cream to the shaker and shake.
> Place 3 or 4 cubes of ice in the glass and strain the cocktail into
> the glass. Garnish with chocolate sryup on the top with a swizzel
> stick and a straw.

Ummm! Sounds more like dessert! But what is creme de monte? I am
unfamiliar with it. I Googled for it and only got 3 hits, none of which
made any sense.

TIA
Wayne

D.Currie 01-12-2003 07:21 AM

The After Eight -> cocktail recipe

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
. ..
> (Pascal) wrote in
> om:
>
> > The After Eight
> >
> > 1/2 oz Kahlua
> > 1/2 oz Bailey's Irish cream
> > 2 oz creme de monte
> > milk
> > cream
> > chocolate syrup
> >

> > Take a very tall curved cocktail glass, using the chocolate syrup put
> > a twisted design on the inside of the glass.
> > Place Kahlua, Bailey's amd creme de monte in a cocktail shaker and
> > blend together.
> > Then add some milk and cream to the shaker and shake.
> > Place 3 or 4 cubes of ice in the glass and strain the cocktail into
> > the glass. Garnish with chocolate sryup on the top with a swizzel
> > stick and a straw.

> Ummm! Sounds more like dessert! But what is creme de monte? I am
> unfamiliar with it. I Googled for it and only got 3 hits, none of which
> made any sense.
>
> TIA
> Wayne

Try crème de menthe. It's minty and comes in green or clear (white).

Wayne Boatwright 01-12-2003 07:33 AM

The After Eight -> cocktail recipe

"D.Currie" > wrote in
:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in
> message . ..
>> (Pascal) wrote in
>> om:
>>
>> > The After Eight
>> >
>> > 1/2 oz Kahlua
>> > 1/2 oz Bailey's Irish cream
>> > 2 oz creme de monte
>> > milk
>> > cream
>> > chocolate syrup
>> >

>> > Take a very tall curved cocktail glass, using the chocolate syrup
>> > put a twisted design on the inside of the glass.
>> > Place Kahlua, Bailey's amd creme de monte in a cocktail shaker and
>> > blend together.
>> > Then add some milk and cream to the shaker and shake.
>> > Place 3 or 4 cubes of ice in the glass and strain the cocktail into
>> > the glass. Garnish with chocolate sryup on the top with a swizzel
>> > stick and a straw.

>> Ummm! Sounds more like dessert! But what is creme de monte? I am
>> unfamiliar with it. I Googled for it and only got 3 hits, none of
>> which made any sense.
>>
>> TIA
>> Wayne

> Try crème de menthe. It's minty and comes in green or clear (white).

Thanks. I wondered if that's what it might be, but I didn't want to make
a mistake.

John D. Misrahi 01-12-2003 02:32 PM

The After Eight -> cocktail recipe

I think he meant to say 'Creme de Menthe'
Its a mint flavoured liqueur.

Wayne Boatwright 02-12-2003 03:52 AM

The After Eight -> cocktail recipe

"John D. Misrahi" > wrote in news:siIyb.679$gs2.5345
@newscontent-01.sprint.ca:

> I think he meant to say 'Creme de Menthe'
> Its a mint flavoured liqueur.
>>

>>Ummm! Sounds more like dessert! But what is creme de monte? I am
>>unfamiliar with it. I Googled for it and only got 3 hits, none of which
>>made any sense.
>>
>>TIA
>>Wayne

I thought that might be it. I am familiar with Creme de Menthe. I just
wanted to be sure.

Wayne