Catherine C.

Default Tartar sauce and fish batter--to freeze or not?

DH made fish and chips and tartar sauce all from scratch for dinner
tonight. There is enough fish batter and t. sauce left over for
another time...does anyone know if either of these can be frozen?

Tia...

Catherine
Scott Taylor

"Catherine C." > wrote in message
m...
> DH made fish and chips and tartar sauce all from scratch for dinner
> tonight. There is enough fish batter and t. sauce left over for
> another time...does anyone know if either of these can be frozen?

Batter? Maybe--but why not just toss it and make a new batch the next time
you fry fish? The ingredients can't be that expensive.

As for the tartar sauce, definitely not. I'm assuming it's made with
mayonnaise, which breaks down when frozen. When defrosted it would be a
gloppy oily mess.

-Scott

Catherine C.

"Scott Taylor" > wrote in message hlink.net>...
> "Catherine C." > wrote in message
> m...
> > DH made fish and chips and tartar sauce all from scratch for dinner
> > tonight. There is enough fish batter and t. sauce left over for
> > another time...does anyone know if either of these can be frozen?

> Batter? Maybe--but why not just toss it and make a new batch the next time
> you fry fish? The ingredients can't be that expensive.
>
> As for the tartar sauce, definitely not. I'm assuming it's made with
> mayonnaise, which breaks down when frozen. When defrosted it would be a
> gloppy oily mess.
>
> -Scott

Thanks for the reply, Scott... our hunch about tartar sauce was
correct and you're right...why not toss the batter?...I think we were
more interested in whether it was possible to freeze it as we
certainly don't scrimp when it comes to good food!...Catherine (whose
DH is a superb cook)