Jack Schidt®

Default Happy Thanksgiving all of youse!

Enjoy a safe and extremely happy holiday, play safe and be happy and full.
And may the post-dinner couch not be lumpy!

Jack Cornucopia

Becca

"Jack Schidt®" wrote:

> Enjoy a safe and extremely happy holiday, play safe and be happy and full.
> And may the post-dinner couch not be lumpy!

It was 72(F) degrees in Texas when I woke up this morning. We may
have Thanksgiving dinner on the patio.

Happy Thanksgiving. To our Canadian friends, a belated happy
Thanksgiving. To everyone else, happy Thursday.

Becca
Ol' Hippie

A happy Turkey day to you Jack, enjoy all that is placed in front of you,
watch out for the things creeping under the table, and see you in AFB.

--
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
one pretty well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside,

Mike Pearce

"Jack Schidt®" wrote in message
. com...

> Enjoy a safe and extremely happy holiday, play safe and be happy and full.
> And may the post-dinner couch not be lumpy!
>
> Jack Cornucopia

To you too Jack as well as everyone else in R.F.C.

-Mike

Katra

Becca wrote:

> "Jack Schidt®" wrote:
> >
> > Enjoy a safe and extremely happy holiday, play safe and be happy and full.
> > And may the post-dinner couch not be lumpy!

> It was 72(F) degrees in Texas when I woke up this morning. We may
> have Thanksgiving dinner on the patio.
>
> Happy Thanksgiving. To our Canadian friends, a belated happy
> Thanksgiving. To everyone else, happy Thursday.
>
> Becca

Yes, it is a beautiful day here. :-)
If my work ethic was not so strict, I'd call in sick and go fishing!
I did spend some time outdoors this morning playing with the dogs...

We are doing Thanksgiving feast on Saturday since me and my brother in
law both have to work... <sigh>

Have a wunderful day y'all!

K. (from central Texas)

--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra

Mia

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
. com...
> Enjoy a safe and extremely happy holiday, play safe and be happy and full.
> And may the post-dinner couch not be lumpy!
>
> Jack Cornucopia

Thanks Jack! Happy Thanksgiving to you too ...

Mia

Nancy Young

"Jack Schidt®" wrote:

> Enjoy a safe and extremely happy holiday, play safe and be happy and full.
> And may the post-dinner couch not be lumpy!

I thought of you, Jack. (laughing)

First of all, I had a fun holiday. Started when my sil called, do
you think you'd like to come over for Thanksgiving? Sure (how do
you turn down an invitation like that?) What can I bring? Hmmm,
how about a green salad and dessert. No problem. Oh, I got an apple
pie, so don't bring that. Okay.

She has a large roudy extended family, I had no idea how many people
were supposed to show up, it's usually pretty disorganised with them.
Not saying anything, they're all so fun. And loud. It's great, you
gotta love Italian families.

So, believe it or not, I start angsting over the green salad. Now,
how simple is this? A green salad. I have to make everything
difficult. Okay, I'll get three types of lettuce, put it in a foil
roaster, I'll throw in some carrot sticks. Then, I'll drag out my
Tupperware thing that has the 6 compartments with one in the middle
for dip, supposedly? Got black olives, green olives, sliced up a
cucumber, couple of cans of mandarin oranges. These are to top the
salad. Pick what you like.

Get to the big shindig, Ron made 2 pumpkin pies and the Gingerbread
Layer Cake with Candied Kumquats. (he made it with apricots, it was
EXCELLENT, but a lot of work, people were raving) From this month's
Bon Appetit. Get there, there are FIVE pumpkin pies. Did I mention my
sil is a little ... disorganized? (laughing) Then her father walks
in, hey! you have the same container I do! It's the Tupperware thing,
and his is full of olives etc.

Okay, I hope you didn't invite any other people with salad fixings.
Or ... PUMPKIN PIES.

Anyway, much bedlam insued, just the usual thing. I went into the
livingroom with a glass of wine, what do my wondering eyes should
appear? (this is where you come in, Jack) Three of the world's
lumpiest couches you have seen in your life. Missing cushions, some
had pillows replacing them. You'd know why if you saw the way the
kids thought they were trampolines.

All in all, it was a lot of fun, though I had to keep escaping the
bedlam to the lumpy couches.

nancy
Jack Schidt®

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> "Jack Schidt®" wrote:
> >
> > Enjoy a safe and extremely happy holiday, play safe and be happy and

full.
> > And may the post-dinner couch not be lumpy!

> I thought of you, Jack. (laughing)
>
> First of all, I had a fun holiday. Started when my sil called, do
> you think you'd like to come over for Thanksgiving? Sure (how do
> you turn down an invitation like that?) What can I bring? Hmmm,
> how about a green salad and dessert. No problem. Oh, I got an apple
> pie, so don't bring that. Okay.
>
> She has a large roudy extended family, I had no idea how many people
> were supposed to show up, it's usually pretty disorganised with them.
> Not saying anything, they're all so fun. And loud. It's great, you
> gotta love Italian families.
>
> So, believe it or not, I start angsting over the green salad. Now,
> how simple is this? A green salad. I have to make everything
> difficult. Okay, I'll get three types of lettuce, put it in a foil
> roaster, I'll throw in some carrot sticks. Then, I'll drag out my
> Tupperware thing that has the 6 compartments with one in the middle
> for dip, supposedly? Got black olives, green olives, sliced up a
> cucumber, couple of cans of mandarin oranges. These are to top the
> salad. Pick what you like.
>
> Get to the big shindig, Ron made 2 pumpkin pies and the Gingerbread
> Layer Cake with Candied Kumquats. (he made it with apricots, it was
> EXCELLENT, but a lot of work, people were raving) From this month's
> Bon Appetit. Get there, there are FIVE pumpkin pies. Did I mention my
> sil is a little ... disorganized? (laughing) Then her father walks
> in, hey! you have the same container I do! It's the Tupperware thing,
> and his is full of olives etc.
>
> Okay, I hope you didn't invite any other people with salad fixings.
> Or ... PUMPKIN PIES.
>
> Anyway, much bedlam insued, just the usual thing. I went into the
> livingroom with a glass of wine, what do my wondering eyes should
> appear? (this is where you come in, Jack) Three of the world's
> lumpiest couches you have seen in your life. Missing cushions, some
> had pillows replacing them. You'd know why if you saw the way the
> kids thought they were trampolines.
>
> All in all, it was a lot of fun, though I had to keep escaping the
> bedlam to the lumpy couches.
>
> nancy

HAHAHAHA!! That's a funny recount of a great time. I was half expecting
you to say that with all the pumpkin pies and salad stuff, they'd forgotten
the turkey!

Jack Holidaze

S.Dunlap

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message .com>...
> Enjoy a safe and extremely happy holiday, play safe and be happy and full.
> And may the post-dinner couch not be lumpy!
>
> Jack Cornucopia

The 27th was just another work day here in Honduras, although the
restaurants in Tegucigalpa and San Pedro Sula do elaborate US style
Thanksgiving dinners. We're doing Turkey Day on Sunday - I have an 11
1/2 pound Butterball (the only turkey available here), three cans of
Ocean Spray, and two boxes of stove top stuffing - yeah I know, home
made is better but I cant't get sage or thyme where I am - so the only
way for me to even approximate T-Day dinner is with the boxed stuff.
I'll fancy it up with some raisins, apples, and nuts. I did find
pecans last month so we'll have pecan pie. I'll have to substitute
camotes for yams but that's ok.

Sandi
Nancy Young

"Jack Schidt®" wrote:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> > All in all, it was a lot of fun, though I had to keep escaping the
> > bedlam to the lumpy couches.

> HAHAHAHA!! That's a funny recount of a great time. I was half expecting
> you to say that with all the pumpkin pies and salad stuff, they'd forgotten
> the turkey!

First of all, I whispered (does anyone smell turkey?) so you aren't
far off.

But back to the couches, I'm picturing my family noticing I'd started
laughing to myself, finding a place on the ... couches, saying, there
goes that crazy nancy again, laughing at nothing in the corner,
again! and me thinking of you saying about the lumpy couches.

nancy (needs a lot of new furniture herself, just too lazy to shop)

Jack Schidt®

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> "Jack Schidt®" wrote:
> >
> > "Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> > > All in all, it was a lot of fun, though I had to keep escaping the
> > > bedlam to the lumpy couches.

> > HAHAHAHA!! That's a funny recount of a great time. I was half

expecting
> > you to say that with all the pumpkin pies and salad stuff, they'd

forgotten
> > the turkey!

> First of all, I whispered (does anyone smell turkey?) so you aren't
> far off.
>
> But back to the couches, I'm picturing my family noticing I'd started
> laughing to myself, finding a place on the ... couches, saying, there
> goes that crazy nancy again, laughing at nothing in the corner,
> again! and me thinking of you saying about the lumpy couches.

Sounds familiar, trust me. My fam doesn't quite know what to do about me.