Chris Sargent

Default Maple Fudge Recipes

Don't know if these help... but these were in my recipe files

maple fudge recipes

2 cups maple syrup
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
3/4 cup light cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 Butter an 8x8 inch dish. 2 In a medium saucepan over medium heat,
combine maple syrup, corn syrup and cream. Bring to a boil, stirring
constantly. Then heat without stirring to between 234 and 240 degrees F
(112 to 116 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into
cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from the water
and placed on a flat surface. Remove from heat and let cool until
lukewarm. 3 Beat mixture until it thickens and loses its gloss. Quickly
fold in vanilla and nuts and spread in prepared pan. Let cool completely
before cutting.

Maple Fudge

* 2 cup Sugar, granulated
* 1 cup Maple syrup
* 1/2 cup Light cream; 10%
* 2 tbsp Butter
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook and stir over medium
high heat until boiling. Clip candy thermometer to side of pan, cook and
stir over medium heat, til syrup reached temperature 238F (155C) on
candy thermometer (soft ball stage) 25 to 35 minutes,.
Remove from heat and cool without stirring to lukewarm (110F/45C) about
50 to 60 minutes.
Remove candy thermometer and beat mixture with wooden spoon until color
lightens and fudge begins to quickly set.
Quickly press into well greased 8 inch square pan.
Make in squares before fudge sets. When firm, cut into squares.
MAKES 20 to 25 PIECES

Maple Fudge

3 cups pure maple syrup
1 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Butter an 8-inch square baking pan; set aside.

1. Combine maple syrup and milk in a heavy saucepan. Boil mixture,
stirring occasionally, to the soft ball stage, or 238*F (115*C) on the
candy thermometer.
2. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm without stirring.
3. With a heavy wooden spoon, beat until mixture starts to become
thickened and creamy. Stir in nuts.
4. Pour mixture into prepared baking pan, spreading mixture out evenly.
Score with knife. Let cool until firm and cut into pieces. Store in
airtight container in a cool place.

Makes about 1 1/4 pounds.

Maple Fudge Recipe

2-1/2 cups maple sugar
1 cup milk
1/2 cup boiling water
1 cup broken nut meats
Break the maple sugar into small pieces and heat it in a saucepan with
the water. When it is dissolved, add the milk. Boil to the soft ball
stage, or 2368 degrees F. Remove from the fire and cool. When it is
lukewarm, beat until it creams and add the nut meats. Spread it in a
buttered pan and when it hardens mark it into squares.

2 c Sugar, granulated
1 c Maple syrup
1/2 c Light cream
2 tb Butter
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan
Cook abnd stir over medium high heat until boiling
Clip candy thermometer to side of pan, cook and stir over medium heat,
til syrup reached temperature 238F (155C) on candy thermometer (soft
ball stage) 25 to 35 minutes
Remove from heat and cool without stirring to lukewarm (110F/45C) about
50 to 60 minutes
Remove candy thermometer and beat mixture with wooden spoon until colour
lightens and fudge begins to quickly set
Quickly press into well greased 8 inch square
Make in squares before fudge sets
When firm, cut into squares

Walnut Maple Fudge

2 cups sugar
1 cup evaporated milk
3 tablespoons butter
3 cups miniature marshmallows
3 cups white chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 1/2 teaspoons maple flavored extract
50 walnut halves

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, evaporated milk
and butter. Bring to a boil and let roll 5 minutes. Remove from heat and
quickly stir in marshmallows, white chocolate, chopped walnuts and maple
flavoring.

Spread in a 9x13 inch dish. Top with large walnut pieces, evenly spaced.
Chill 8 hours or overnight. To serve, cut around large walnuts.

Maple Fudge

Ingredients

5 Tbsp. Butter
2 Cups Brown Sugar
1Ž2 Cup Evaporated Milk
2 Cups castor Sugar
1 Tbsp. Maple Extract
1 Cup Nuts

Method

Put butter, brown sugar and milk in pan, and bring to boil for 3 to 4
minutes. Add castor sugar and extract when removed from heat.
Blend well and add nuts. Turn into a greased dish until firm.

MAPLE FUDGE
1 cup granulated sugar**********
Pinch of salt
I cup maple sugar**********
1/2 cup rich milk or light cream
1 tablespoon corn syrup**********
2 tablespoons BUTTER
Boil all ingredients to softball stage (235 degrees on candy
thermometer). Cool by placing the pan in cold water until it is possible
to hold the hand on the bottom of pan with comfort. Beat vigorously.
When beating is started the cooled candy mixture is quite stiff and has
a shiny appearance. With continued beating the candy grows clear then a
light color and finally it suddenly softens. At this point, turn out
quickly into a buttered pan. If turned out at the right instant it
spreads easily over the pan stiffens quickly and has a glossy finish.
Cut in squares.
--
Ginners
New England
Jean B.

Chris Sargent wrote:

> [...]
> Blend well and add nuts. Turn into a greased dish until firm.
>
> MAPLE FUDGE
> 1 cup granulated sugar
> Pinch of salt
> I cup maple sugar
> 1/2 cup rich milk or light cream
> 1 tablespoon corn syrup
> 2 tablespoons BUTTER
> Boil all ingredients to softball stage (235 degrees on candy
> thermometer). Cool by placing the pan in cold water until it is possible
> to hold the hand on the bottom of pan with comfort. Beat vigorously.
> When beating is started the cooled candy mixture is quite stiff and has
> a shiny appearance. With continued beating the candy grows clear then a
> light color and finally it suddenly softens. At this point, turn out
> quickly into a buttered pan. If turned out at the right instant it
> spreads easily over the pan stiffens quickly and has a glossy finish.

Oooops. I didn't see this, since it was under a separate header.
Since I don't know what the person recalls, I have no idea whether
any of these recipes are what he has in mind. But thanks from me,
and I will pass them on.
--
Jean B.

Maple walnut fudge experiment take one Jessica V. General Cooking 11 28-11-2007 11:10 PM
REQ: Pennant Maple Syrup Fudge Jean B. General Cooking 7 27-01-2006 03:24 PM
free maple recipes Deb Marketplace 0 04-10-2004 01:30 AM
Any maple butter recipes that can be preserved? ruzicka Preserving 9 27-09-2004 01:29 AM
Maple Syrup Fudge (7) Collection Edoc Recipes (moderated) 0 30-11-2003 02:25 AM