Matt Lobegeiger

Default pasta machine in australia

Hi everyone,
I want to buy a manual, stainless steel pasta machine/maker. Lot's of
american online stores carry Villaware and Arcosteel brands for between 30
and 50 US dollars. I can't find any online store in Australia that carries
them. I'd buy one from an American shop but shipping would cost about 3
times the cost of the machine. Can anyone help?

I've seen them in Robins Kitchen shops (not online) but only as big sets
with all the attachements for $180 AUD. Robins online shop doesn't seem to
functioning yet.

Any ideas?

thanks very much

matt

---

Ribitt

"Matt Lobegeiger" > wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
> I want to buy a manual, stainless steel pasta machine/maker. Lot's of
> american online stores carry Villaware and Arcosteel brands for between 30
> and 50 US dollars. I can't find any online store in Australia that carries
> them. I'd buy one from an American shop but shipping would cost about 3
> times the cost of the machine. Can anyone help?
>
> I've seen them in Robins Kitchen shops (not online) but only as big sets
> with all the attachements for $180 AUD. Robins online shop doesn't seem to
> functioning yet.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thanks very much
>
> matt

The Marcato line of Italian-made pasta makers is popular here in the Toronto
area. Might be worthwhile to email them to see if they have a dealer down
under

http://www.marcato-omc.com/index.html

Steve Calvin

Matt Lobegeiger wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I want to buy a manual, stainless steel pasta machine/maker. Lot's of
> american online stores carry Villaware and Arcosteel brands for between 30
> and 50 US dollars. I can't find any online store in Australia that carries
> them. I'd buy one from an American shop but shipping would cost about 3
> times the cost of the machine. Can anyone help?
>
> I've seen them in Robins Kitchen shops (not online) but only as big sets
> with all the attachements for $180 AUD. Robins online shop doesn't seem to
> functioning yet.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thanks very much
>
> matt
>

> ---

Any chance of finding an Atlas??

Hoges in WA

"Matt Lobegeiger" > wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
> I want to buy a manual, stainless steel pasta machine/maker. Lot's of
> american online stores carry Villaware and Arcosteel brands for between 30
> and 50 US dollars. I can't find any online store in Australia that carries
> them. I'd buy one from an American shop but shipping would cost about 3
> times the cost of the machine. Can anyone help?
>
> I've seen them in Robins Kitchen shops (not online) but only as big sets
> with all the attachements for $180 AUD. Robins online shop doesn't seem to
> functioning yet.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thanks very much
>
> matt
>

> ---

========

Does it really have to be on-line? The only one I know of is HomeDirect or
somesuch which has the Marcato Atlas (which I have) for $164!!! That's way
more than I paid for it. I've even seen them in Coles in the Deli section
on the shelves on the wall at the back for way less than that.

Hoges in WA
Remove the zeds.

Tigger News

Have you tried going out to cooking shops and buying from there, they are
everywhere (well at least in the eastern states)
There arn't a lot of online australian stores for these sorts of things but
the shops do still exsist.

Good Luck

"Hoges in WA" > wrote in message

> "Matt Lobegeiger" > wrote in message
> > Hi everyone,
> > I want to buy a manual, stainless steel pasta machine/maker. Lot's of
> > american online stores carry Villaware and Arcosteel brands for between

30
> > and 50 US dollars. I can't find any online store in Australia that

carries
> > them. I'd buy one from an American shop but shipping would cost about 3
> > times the cost of the machine. Can anyone help?
> >
> > I've seen them in Robins Kitchen shops (not online) but only as big sets
> > with all the attachements for $180 AUD. Robins online shop doesn't seem

> > functioning yet.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > thanks very much
> >
> > matt
> >

> > ---
> >

> ========
>
> Does it really have to be on-line? The only one I know of is HomeDirect

or
> somesuch which has the Marcato Atlas (which I have) for $164!!! That's

way
> more than I paid for it. I've even seen them in Coles in the Deli section
> on the shelves on the wall at the back for way less than that.
>

> Hoges in WA
> Remove the zeds.

Matt Lobegeiger

"Tigger News" > wrote in message
> Have you tried going out to cooking shops and buying from there, they are
> everywhere (well at least in the eastern states)
> There arn't a lot of online australian stores for these sorts of things

but
> the shops do still exsist.

As I said I've looked in Robins which seems to be the main kitchen store
here in brisbane. I looked up the phone book under kitchenware there are
about 9 Robins stores in the metro area and 3 or 4 other stores. I guess
I'll have to check them out but there all miles away from me. Thanks anyway.

matt

> Good Luck
>
> "Hoges in WA" > wrote in message
> >

> > "Matt Lobegeiger" > wrote in message
> > > Hi everyone,
> > > I want to buy a manual, stainless steel pasta machine/maker. Lot's of
> > > american online stores carry Villaware and Arcosteel brands for

between
> 30
> > > and 50 US dollars. I can't find any online store in Australia that

> carries
> > > them. I'd buy one from an American shop but shipping would cost about

3
> > > times the cost of the machine. Can anyone help?
> > >
> > > I've seen them in Robins Kitchen shops (not online) but only as big

sets
> > > with all the attachements for $180 AUD. Robins online shop doesn't

seem
> > > functioning yet.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> > >
> > > thanks very much
> > >
> > > matt
> > >

> > > ---
> > >

> > ========
> >
> > Does it really have to be on-line? The only one I know of is HomeDirect

> or
> > somesuch which has the Marcato Atlas (which I have) for $164!!! That's

> way
> > more than I paid for it. I've even seen them in Coles in the Deli secti

on
> > on the shelves on the wall at the back for way less than that.
> >

> > Hoges in WA
> > Remove the zeds.

---

Jason Tinling

"Matt Lobegeiger" > wrote in message

> As I said I've looked in Robins which seems to be the main kitchen store
> here in brisbane. I looked up the phone book under kitchenware there are
> about 9 Robins stores in the metro area and 3 or 4 other stores. I guess
> I'll have to check them out but there all miles away from me. Thanks

anyway.

> matt

Matt, keep an eye on Ebay OZ

http://www.ebay.com.au

An Imperia pasta machine went for AUS $56 about a week and a half ago.

Jason

MrAoD

Matt Lobegeiger" asks:

>Hi everyone,
>I want to buy a manual, stainless steel pasta machine/maker. Lot's of
>american online stores carry Villaware and Arcosteel brands for between 30
>and 50 US dollars. I can't find any online store in Australia that carries
>them. I'd buy one from an American shop but shipping would cost about 3
>times the cost of the machine.

Ebay Item number: 2359395174, currently going for 5 bucks US, with five days to
run.

Atlas type.

That said, if you can find a bargain machine on Ebay and figure out a
relatively cheap shipping method (sea? air?) you should be able to get what you
want for much less than you'd have to pay in the store. The Atlases usually go
for 15-25 bucks, max.

Alternative is check yard/garage/estate sales. May have to wait a bit. Or put
out a cobber call and see if anyone else in Oz can is willing to pick something
up for you and ship it via OzPost. Buncha friendly folks on this group,
someone's bound to offer to help.

Marc, who won a maebiki ooga for $95*, then paid $40 to have it shipped from
Japan.

*It's worth between $400 and ???. Once I can find someone who can translate
Japanese I'll have a better idea.
Tigger News

You could always phone the stores and ask them I could tell you places in
Perth, canberra and mlebourne.
"Jason Tinling" > wrote in message

> "Matt Lobegeiger" > wrote in message
>

> > As I said I've looked in Robins which seems to be the main kitchen store
> > here in brisbane. I looked up the phone book under kitchenware there are
> > about 9 Robins stores in the metro area and 3 or 4 other stores. I guess
> > I'll have to check them out but there all miles away from me. Thanks

> anyway.
> >
> > matt

> Matt, keep an eye on Ebay OZ
>
> http://www.ebay.com.au
>
> An Imperia pasta machine went for AUS $56 about a week and a half ago.
>
> Jason

Pasta shapes with no machine? Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 88 12-08-2016 09:42 PM
pasta machine question sf[_9_] General Cooking 124 11-08-2010 05:52 PM
pasta machine ilduco General Cooking 5 14-12-2005 11:24 PM
Imperia pasta machine Javier Henderson Cooking Equipment 2 02-08-2004 12:32 AM
pasta machine in australia Matt Lobegeiger Marketplace 0 12-11-2003 12:03 PM