lea

Default Suggestion: Name for Bakery

Curly Sue wrote:
> (A.T.Hagan) wrote:
>> (Curly Sue) wrote:

> <snip>
>>> Whimsey can be nice. There is a bakery around here called "Himalaya
>>> Joy Bakery" It's a nice, conventional restaurant, no Himalayan
>>> treats, run by women who are in a cult.

>> Run by women who are in a cult? That's intriguing. What sort of
>> baked goods do they produce?
>>
>> .....Alan.

> Conventional contemporary Amercian/European pastries and cakes, all
> delicious. Carrot cake is one, tiramisu, apple tart. There are some
> carob thingies, but also chocolates.

what sort of cult ?

--
#

Curly Sue

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 15:54:53 +1100, "lea" > wrote:

>Curly Sue wrote:
>> (A.T.Hagan) wrote:
>>> (Curly Sue) wrote:

>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Run by women who are in a cult? That's intriguing. What sort of
>>> baked goods do they produce?
>>>
>>> .....Alan.

>> Conventional contemporary Amercian/European pastries and cakes, all
>> delicious. Carrot cake is one, tiramisu, apple tart. There are some
>> carob thingies, but also chocolates.

>what sort of cult ?

Baking :>

(I'm guessing it's a type of Buddhism, but I could be wrong.)

Sue(tm)

kag

did this guy pick a name yet? just wondering.

Finocchio568

Hello everyone!

Let me thank every one of you for coming up with so many names...I'm hoping to
complete the business plan by the middle of next year. The names that I like
so far a

1) Rustica and 2) Tazza (Italian for cup)

My mom rolled up her eyes when I said those words.. she would rather I use my
name - the whole name (first & last) or just the last name...just like those
old Italian businesses you see in the Northeast.

I can't use Finocchio because it's a vegetable. My favorite vegetable. I used
to chew on it raw (with a nice licorice hint) when I was a kid. I realize that
it's also a slang for "queer" but it depends on how you pronounce the word.

Jack Schidt®

"Finocchio568" > wrote in message
> Hello everyone!
>
> Let me thank every one of you for coming up with so many names...I'm

hoping to
> complete the business plan by the middle of next year. The names that I

like
> so far a
>
> 1) Rustica and 2) Tazza (Italian for cup)
>
> My mom rolled up her eyes when I said those words.. she would rather I use

my
> name - the whole name (first & last) or just the last name...just like

those
> old Italian businesses you see in the Northeast.
>
> I can't use Finocchio because it's a vegetable. My favorite vegetable. I

used
> to chew on it raw (with a nice licorice hint) when I was a kid. I realize

that
> it's also a slang for "queer" but it depends on how you pronounce the

word.

I dunno where you are, but I'm stopping in for a free loaf of bread.

Jack Sponge

kag

oops nevermind.

btw i like rustica better than tazza fwiw

kag > wrote in message
> did this guy pick a name yet? just wondering.

anna maria

kag wrote:
> or ya go snooty
>
> al forna rustica (the rustic oven)
>
> (or whatever the correct italian is)

Al Forno Rustico

nice!

ciao, anna maria

www.annamariavolpi.com

anna maria

Finocchio568 wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> Let me thank every one of you for coming up with so many names...I'm hoping to
> complete the business plan by the middle of next year. The names that I like
> so far a
>
> 1) Rustica and 2) Tazza (Italian for cup)
>
> My mom rolled up her eyes when I said those words.. she would rather I use my
> name - the whole name (first & last) or just the last name...just like those
> old Italian businesses you see in the Northeast.

rustica sounds very good, tazza much less, it would remind those who
know italian more of a coffeee shop

> I can't use Finocchio because it's a vegetable. My favorite vegetable. I used
> to chew on it raw (with a nice licorice hint) when I was a kid. I realize that
> it's also a slang for "queer" but it depends on how you pronounce the word.

no matter how you pronounce it... still the same meaning....

go rustica go! by best wishes for big success....

ciao, anna maria

www.annamariavolpi.com

kag

i thought so
and thanks for the correct phrasing.
kag

anna maria > wrote in message
> kag wrote:
> >
> > al forna rustica (the rustic oven)
> >
> > (or whatever the correct italian is)
> >

> Al Forno Rustico
>
> nice!
>
> ciao, anna maria
>

> www.annamariavolpi.com

Rick & Cyndi

"Puester" > wrote in message
: Finocchio568 wrote:
: >
: > I'm brainstorming names for a bakery I'm hoping to open in a
year. Just one
: > simple, effective and possibly catchy word.
: >
: >
<snip>

Hmmm, one word huh?

Here
There
It (Its
One
Mine
Yours
Everybody's
Simply
Kneads
Delicioso (sp?)
Michael's
Bread!
Heaven
Hell (you know, "Do you wanna go to Hell... LOL!)
Bread & Butter (I know, more than one word)

Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply>

Curly Sue

On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 19:58:11 GMT, anna maria
> wrote:

>kag wrote:
>> or ya go snooty
>>
>> al forna rustica (the rustic oven)
>>
>> (or whatever the correct italian is)
>>

>Al Forno Rustico
>
>nice!
>
>ciao, anna maria

Isn't that "In the Rustic Oven" or something like that?

Wouldn't "The Rustic Oven" be "Il Forno Rustico"

Sue(tm)
JonquilJan

Finocchio's

--
Learn something new every day
As long as you are learning, you are living
Jack Schidt® > wrote in message
. com...

> "Finocchio568" > wrote in message
> > I'm brainstorming names for a bakery I'm hoping to open in a year. Just

> one
> > simple, effective and possibly catchy word.
> >
> > I would like to see if you have any suggestions. The bakery is

basically
> > homey, rustic type (with mostly an European flavor/twist) - scones,
> > poundcakes, pies/tarts, cookies, crackers, breads (and eventually

> sandwiches &
> > soups).
> >
> > Thank you very much.
> >
> > Ciao, Michael

> Flour Power©
>
> Jack License

JonquilJan

Kneadfuls.

!

PENMART01

"JonquilJan" > writes:

>Kneadfuls.

Um, they're tawkin' a name for a bakery, not a name for a masturbater.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Tony Lew

anna maria > wrote in message >.. .
> kag wrote:
> > or ya go snooty
> >
> > al forna rustica (the rustic oven)
> >
> > (or whatever the correct italian is)
> >

> Al Forno Rustico

How about Forno Catering?

> nice!
>
> ciao, anna maria
>

> www.annamariavolpi.com

lea

Curly Sue wrote:
> "lea" <> wrote:
>> Curly Sue wrote:

>>> <snip>

>>> Conventional contemporary Amercian/European pastries and cakes, all
>>> delicious. Carrot cake is one, tiramisu, apple tart. There are
>>> some carob thingies, but also chocolates.

>> what sort of cult ?

> Baking :>

heh

> (I'm guessing it's a type of Buddhism, but I could be wrong.)

Let them eat cake.

Wayne Boatwright

"lea" > wrote in -
berlin.de:

> Curly Sue wrote:

>>> what sort of cult ?

>> Baking :>

> heh
>

>> (I'm guessing it's a type of Buddhism, but I could be wrong.)

> Let them eat cake.

We have a cake specialty bakery near us called "Let Them Eat Cake"!

Wayne
kag

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

good one

Tony Lew > wrote in message
om...
> anna maria > wrote in message

>.. .
> How about Forno Catering?

Sandy n ne

I always thought the perfect name for a bakery would be Sweet Temptations.
Just my two cents.

Sandra

Joan

> Finocchio's Italian name for fennel and also for queer, *** etc.

Really! I didn't know that. But I do recall a nightclub here called
Finocchio's, and I believe it featured transvestite performers.
-L.

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in message >...
> (-L.) wrote in
> m:

(Finocchio568) wrote in message
> >> Hello everyone!
> >>
> >> Let me thank every one of you for coming up with so many names...I'm
> >> hoping to complete the business plan by the middle of next year. The
> >> names that I like so far a
> >>
> >> 1) Rustica and 2) Tazza (Italian for cup)
> >>
> >> My mom rolled up her eyes when I said those words.. she would rather
> >> I use my name - the whole name (first & last) or just the last
> >> name...just like those old Italian businesses you see in the
> >> Northeast.
> >>
> >> I can't use Finocchio because it's a vegetable. My favorite
> >> vegetable. I used to chew on it raw (with a nice licorice hint) when
> >> I was a kid. I realize that it's also a slang for "queer" but it
> >> depends on how you pronounce the word.

> > FWIW, I find one-name businesses to be irritating. I don't know if
> > "Rustica" is a bakery or a gift store - and I would be more inclined
> > to assume the latter. Rustica Bakery, I can identify. Sometimes I
> > drive by such places and never stop simply because I don't know what
> > they are. If it said bakery, I'd be more inclined. Don't count on
> > word-of-mouth to carry you through - many people are from OOT and will
> > never discover what you are.
> >
> > Good luck - sounds wonderful.
> >
> > -L.
> >

> You need to get out more...
>
> Wayne

Well, actually, I travel a lot, thus when I drive by "Rustica" in a
different city, I'm not apt to know what it is...

-L.
kag

Sandy n ne > wrote in message
> I always thought the perfect name for a bakery would be Sweet Temptations.
> Just my two cents.
>
> Sandra

i like that

or in italian? dulce(sweet) something...
anna maria?

or put artisan in the name somehow.

kag

TOM KAN PA

<< Yeast and More >>

____Reply Separator_____

Sounds like an infection

Kylie

How about "Michael's Buns".

Then you could have a slogan, "Michael's Buns are cheap"!

Raelene
xxx

"Finocchio568" > wrote in message
> I'm brainstorming names for a bakery I'm hoping to open in a year. Just

one
> simple, effective and possibly catchy word.
>
> I would like to see if you have any suggestions. The bakery is basically

> homey, rustic type (with mostly an European flavor/twist) - scones,
> poundcakes, pies/tarts, cookies, crackers, breads (and eventually

sandwiches & soups).

> Ciao, Michael

---

Taffy Stoker

The Golden Crust

Probably a mad suggestion Rodders Winemaking 4 28-07-2007 01:44 AM
Herb Suggestion? S'mee General Cooking 23 24-11-2005 01:06 AM
The Power of Suggestion Damsel General Cooking 10 01-11-2005 11:10 PM
Green tea suggestion Ed Clark Tea 11 16-11-2003 08:42 PM
Suggestion: Need Name for Bakery Finocchio568 Baking 23 13-11-2003 08:28 AM