kalanamak

Default What to eat after oral surgery?

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of my
> mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups, etc., what
> would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if any chewing?
>
> Recipes welcome, too!
>
> TIA
>
> Wayne

Fresh pressed apple juice (the cloudy, dark brown kind you find in plastic
half gallons) whirred up with vanilla hagendaz. I lived on it whenever I woke
up from the percosets.
Don't worry....it will get better and boy will you appreciate food.
blacksalt

kalanamak

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> Hey, that sounds great even in the best of times! I love cider. Uh, did
> I miss something, blacksalt? When and why the name change?

I changed my name in January of 2001 when TJ the tall and I split up. I
wanted to keep an Indian name, having to do with cooking so that when I
meandered into the traditional Indian music groups to politely interrupt for
cooking help, I wouldn't look like a total novice. Kalanamak is panjabi (and
probably other languages as well) for blacksalt, the pinkish, sulfurish salt
that goes in alot of chaat dishes.
blacksalt, the poster formerly known as tj

Wayne Boatwright

kalanamak > wrote in
:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of
>> my mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups,
>> etc., what would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if
>> any chewing?
>>
>> Recipes welcome, too!
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Wayne

> Fresh pressed apple juice (the cloudy, dark brown kind you find in
> plastic half gallons) whirred up with vanilla hagendaz. I lived on it
> whenever I woke up from the percosets.
> Don't worry....it will get better and boy will you appreciate food.
> blacksalt

Hey, that sounds great even in the best of times! I love cider. Uh, did
I miss something, blacksalt? When and why the name change?

Wayne

Sylvia

Mashed potatoes is a nice flexible dish, and you can add soft stuff like
cheese for extra flavor.

Be cautious about trying other foods that you think of as soft -- you
may be unpleasantly surprised by just how much chewing is required.
Soups, for instance, often have chunks of meat or vegetables in them.
If you add crackers, wait until they have softened into paste or I
guarantee you'll be sorry.

--
Sylvia Steiger RN, homeschooling mom since Nov 1995
http://www.SteigerFamily.com

Wayne Boatwright

kalanamak > wrote in
:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> Hey, that sounds great even in the best of times! I love cider. Uh,
>> did I miss something, blacksalt? When and why the name change?
>>

> I changed my name in January of 2001 when TJ the tall and I split up.
> I wanted to keep an Indian name, having to do with cooking so that
> when I meandered into the traditional Indian music groups to politely
> interrupt for cooking help, I wouldn't look like a total novice.
> Kalanamak is panjabi (and probably other languages as well) for
> blacksalt, the pinkish, sulfurish salt that goes in alot of chaat
> dishes. blacksalt, the poster formerly known as tj

Interesting, and certainly understandable, change. Thank you. But, geeze,
where have I been for almost two years?

Wayne
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Wayne
Boatwright > wrote:

> Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of my
> mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups, etc.,
> what
> would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if any chewing?
>
> Recipes welcome, too!
>
> TIA
>
> Wayne

I know this is after the fact, Wayne, but when I've had oral surgery,
the doc sent me home with a prescription for 5 hydrocodone pills and a
pint of Haagen Dazs ice cream (from their stash for their patients).
Nice guy!!
--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)
PENMART01

Melba's Jammin' writes:

>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>>Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted,

>I know this is after the fact, Wayne, but when I've had oral surgery,
>the doc sent me home with a prescription for 5 hydrocodone pills

I don't think gum-art qualifies as oral surgery. hehehe

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Wayne Boatwright

Melba's Jammin' > wrote in
:

> In article >, Wayne
> Boatwright > wrote:
>
>> Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of
>> my mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups,
>> etc., what
>> would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if any
>> chewing?
>>
>> Recipes welcome, too!
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Wayne

> I know this is after the fact, Wayne, but when I've had oral surgery,
> the doc sent me home with a prescription for 5 hydrocodone pills and a
> pint of Haagen Dazs ice cream (from their stash for their patients).
> Nice guy!!

That's sweet! Literally, too. I got the hydrocodone tablets (25), and
luckly had stocked up on ice cream, both the super premium brands for
eating, and good local dairy brands for whirling into milkshakes. None,
however, was a gift. Lucky you!

Wayne

A.T. Hagan

Default A BIG thank you to you all: was: What to eat after oral surgery?

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 22:23:14 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>Well, It's over! Back from the dentist late morning. Into the bed while
>still numb and somewhat sedated from Vicodin. Awakened 4 hours later for
>another dose of Vicodin. Wow, people must have really suffered without
>painkillers! Yes, I know...Vicodin (hydrocodone) is addictive. I have an
>intentionally limited supply. <G>
>
>The first day...tepid drinks, broth, liquid Jell-O (ewww) and mild
>sal****er solutions. Tomorrow, milkshakes and on to your more liquid and
>softer suggestions. That, according to the dentist, for the first 48
>hours.
>
>I knew I could count on r.f.c.!!! I now have a long list of great ideas
>that you put together for me that I can use for the following days. It's
>quite a help, not to mentioin your commiseration!
>
>I hid the straws...thanks to those who mentioned that, as did the dentist.
>Any suction increases the possibility of bleeding. Since I'm prone to "dry
>socket", the dentist sutured each socked closed and that should help.
>
>Once again, thanks so much. I really appreciate all your help!
>
>Wayne

Good luck, Wayne!

Heh, reading this reminded me that when I got out of my last oral
surgery I went straight to the drug store to get my prescription
filled and the poor girl at the cash register turned green, squeaked,
and ran out the back door.

That day was an adventure.

......Alan.

--
Curiosity killed the cat -
lack of it is killing mankind.
Paula Drennan

Tell me about it! I wanted to make some caldo, like granny makes...and the
oxtails are like $3.50 a pound!! the T-bones cost less per pound, around $2.
I don't get it. I bout some beef shanks instead. <sigh>

--
Paula Drennan
In Memory of, Tenzing the Kitty, May 4 - August 1, 2003
"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
: Wayne Boatwright wrote:
:
: >
: > Alex, that sounds delicious and I haven't had it in ages. Wish I
actually
: > felt up to making it. Well, maybe on Sunday.
:
: Mmmmm...... Oxtails, one of the great braised treats. Ox Tail stew is one
of
: the things that my wife is especially god at preparing. When we were first
: married (3 decades ago) ox tails were dirt cheap. She used to prepare a
batch
: of oxtail stew the night before and let them sit (refrigerated) until the
next
: day and then re-heat them for dinner. They are incredible. Unfortunately,
ox
: tails like beef short ribs, are now quite expensive per serving, and I
find it
: hard to spend that kind of money on meat that takes so long to prepare.
:

PENMART01

I suppose that depends on whether the teeth removed are molars or incisors...

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

PENMART01

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>Into the bed while still numb and somewhat sedated from Vicodin.
>Awakened 4 hours later for another dose of Vicodin. Wow, people
>must have really suffered without painkillers!
>
>Yes, I know...Vicodin (hydrocodone) is addictive.

Vicodin Addiction

Vicodin addiction comes on the body extremely fast and vicodin addiction is
fatal. Vicodin addiction is said by the PDR to start within the first several
days of vicodin abuse. Vicodin addiction causes many deaths each year
worldwide. Don't let vicodin addiction claim your life or someone you love's
life. Spencer Recovery Centers are here to help with your vicodin addiction.

Vicodin addiction is extremely powerful. It receives its power from the person
taking it. The body becomes addicted to vicodin so quickly the addict doesn't
even realize what is happening.

Shortly after the addiction has set in the tolerance level for user slowly
rises. Over the course of a month the user might start taking four to five
pills a day. It will rise and rise until it is stopped. It is documented that
some vicodin addicts have become so addicted to vicodin that they began taking
up to a hundred pills a day. The average rate of pill popping for addicts is
about ten to fifteen a day.

No matter how much vicodin you are taking you are more than likely addicted.
The psychic addiction to vicodin is baffling. Right off the bat the user's mind
will tell the user that he/she wants more. The user will then get more and the
cycle continues.

Some users begin to steal the prescription from doctors offices. Some addicts
will go see many different doctors to build up their supply of vicodin. No
matter how they can acquire it, vicodin addiction is all about getting more of
the drug.

Vicodin addiction kills. It is that simple. It does this in a few different
ways. First, the Acetaminophen in the vicodin begins to destroy the liver. This
causes liver damage and in more extreme cases liver failure. Once the liver has
failed death is shortly behind. Another way vicodin can kill is through
overdose. Overdose occurs when the addict ingest more vicodin than the body can
hold. This causes convulsion and sometimes coma. Quite a lot of overdoses end
in death or brain damage.

Freeing yourself from vicodin addiction is possible. There are many different
steps to breaking the bonds of vicodin addiction. This occurs during drug
treatment. The first is detox. In order to start this process we need the
addict in our facility. The process after detox is the recovery process. In
this process we attack all aspects of vicodin addiction. This helps lead the
addict to freedom from the bondage of vicodin addiction. We also have an
aftercare process, which helps the addict get use to society sober. It takes
time for the addict to get use to dealing with life sober. We help them by
providing outside support groups and getting them in contact with other vicodin
addicts who have fought the disease of vicodin addiction.

These methods of vicodin treatment are tried and true. They have been helping
users break their vicodin addiction for years. But it can't start until you
make the call. Our highly trained staff at Spencer Recovery Centers is standing
by to help. Call now: 800.893.8800

http://www.vicodin-addiction.com

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Richard Periut

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> (PENMART01) wrote in
> :
>

>>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>>>Into the bed while still numb and somewhat sedated from Vicodin.
>>>Awakened 4 hours later for another dose of Vicodin. Wow, people
>>>must have really suffered without painkillers!
>>>
>>>Yes, I know...Vicodin (hydrocodone) is addictive.

>>Vicodin Addiction
>>
>>Vicodin addiction comes on the body extremely fast and vicodin
>>addiction is fatal. Vicodin addiction is said by the PDR to start
>>within the first several days of vicodin abuse. Vicodin addiction
>>causes many deaths each year worldwide. Don't let vicodin addiction
>>claim your life or someone you love's life. Spencer Recovery Centers
>>are here to help with your vicodin addiction.

> <<< snip >>>

http://www.vicodin-addiction.com

>>---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =---

> Thanks, Sheldon, for the very informative information.
>
> As directed by my dentist, I took two Vicodin tablets every four hours
> for the first 48 hours. I was to have taken one tablet every 4 hours (or
> as needed) after that for the next 48 hours. I haven't needed any, and
> don't plan to take any more. I'll be back at work tomorrow.
>
> Wayne

What a bullshit of a site!

Vicodin, like most narcotic combinations, will not cause addiction in
people that are using it for short term pain control.

I've seen hundreds of patients who were given morphine, demerol, et
cetera, while in the hospital, who never developed addiction. It's those
that take it for a prolonged time (on the order of months), or for
recreational use, that develop the addiction.

Also, unless there is chronic liver disease, or the person in on other
hepatotoxic drugs, at those doses, acetaminophen does not cause damage
when taken for weeks. I know patients with osteoarthritis that have
taken 1 gram of Tylenol Q 6 hours for years, without a shred of evidence
of hepatic damage.

This site was just a blind google search, which led to one of these scam
sites that want propaganda and $$$.

Lastly, I couldn't disagree more with the idiots that compiled this
information; narcotic addicts develop a high degree of tolerance to
narcotics. Therefore, they are not going to get confused or go into coma
unless they take an overdose. For the most part, they will seem to
function like normal humans because they have developed a high degree of
tolerance, and now need the drug even to appear normal (that is, not
shaking , or confused, or with their hair standing on edges (goosebumps
= cold turkey)

Richard

--
"..A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava
beans and a nice chianti..."

Hannibal "The Cannibal"

Silence Of The Lambs 1991

Andreas

Well I think a chicken porerice is good

how to make

just boild a rice with a chicken stock not water
so there is a taste in rice
just stirr until like a creemy

and u can add a sharded chicken or add bit of salt

C ya later

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
. ..
> Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of my
> mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups, etc., what
> would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if any chewing?
>
> Recipes welcome, too!
>
> TIA
>
> Wayne

Wayne Boatwright

"Andreas" > wrote in news:bopr59$nm4$1
@lust.ihug.co.nz:

> Well I think a chicken porerice is good
>
> how to make
>
> just boild a rice with a chicken stock not water
> so there is a taste in rice
> just stirr until like a creemy
>
> and u can add a sharded chicken or add bit of salt
>
> C ya later

Thank you! Sounds good and easy to eat.

Wayne

OT - surgery tomorrow Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 42 18-09-2012 04:38 AM
Food for the man who had oral surgery Serene-O-Matic General Cooking 29 25-03-2007 03:23 AM
More Pre-surgery cooking Christine Dabney General Cooking 1 01-10-2006 12:26 AM
Surgery jmcquown General Cooking 28 21-06-2004 11:32 PM
Gift for the oral surgery patient! Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 8 09-11-2003 04:01 AM