Dinesh Mahtani \(Dino\)

Default Is there a cooking website that does this?

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine was telling me about a website/palm application that
allowed bartenders to enter the ingredients they had, and it would produce a
list of the drinks they could make. I was wondering if anyone knew of
something similar for food. I'm guessing there may be some software, but am
not sure, and would prefer a website if available.

I checked out the FAQ for this newsgroup for the type of website... but dont
remember seeing one in there... so any help would be appreciated.

Take care,

Dinesh Mahtani (Dino)

Frogleg

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 06:26:41 GMT, "Dinesh Mahtani \(Dino\)"
> wrote:

>A friend of mine was telling me about a website/palm application that
>allowed bartenders to enter the ingredients they had, and it would produce a
>list of the drinks they could make. I was wondering if anyone knew of
>something similar for food. I'm guessing there may be some software, but am
>not sure, and would prefer a website if available.

There is a thread headed "old question, new questions" that appeared
here within the past couple of weeks addressing this topic.
Melba's Jammin'

In article <BQlqb.85538$mZ5.592697@attbi_s54>, "Dinesh Mahtani
\(Dino\)" > wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> A friend of mine was telling me about a website/palm application that
> allowed bartenders to enter the ingredients they had, and it would
> produce a list of the drinks they could make. I was wondering if
> anyone knew of something similar for food. I'm guessing there may be
> some software, but am not sure, and would prefer a website if
> available.

> I checked out the FAQ for this newsgroup for the type of website...
> but dont remember seeing one in there... so any help would be
> appreciated.
>
> Take care,

> Dinesh Mahtani (Dino)

Check the kraftfoods.com site -- left side, top box lets you enter
ingredients or a recipe title. :-)

http://www.recipeswinetravel.com/MRWMain.htm -- software that will help

http://www.ichef.com/recipe.cfm
--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)
Dinesh Mahtani \(Dino\)

The website link at http://www.cookingbynumbers.com/search.html is great! I
also ordered the MasterCook Deluxe software from www.free-cdsoftware.com for
$7.50 too!

Thank you!

"Frogleg" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 06:26:41 GMT, "Dinesh Mahtani \(Dino\)"
> > wrote:
>
> >A friend of mine was telling me about a website/palm application that
> >allowed bartenders to enter the ingredients they had, and it would

produce a
> >list of the drinks they could make. I was wondering if anyone knew of
> >something similar for food. I'm guessing there may be some software, but

am
> >not sure, and would prefer a website if available.

> There is a thread headed "old question, new questions" that appeared
> here within the past couple of weeks addressing this topic.

Cate

"Dinesh Mahtani (Dino)" > wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
>
> A friend of mine was telling me about a website/palm application that
> allowed bartenders to enter the ingredients they had, and it would produce

> list of the drinks they could make. I was wondering if anyone knew of
> something similar for food. I'm guessing there may be some software, but

am
> not sure, and would prefer a website if available.

Epicurious has an enhanced recipe search feature that begins to address
this:
http://eat.epicurious.com/recipes/en...rch/index.html

Admittedly it's not terribly comprehensive at only 30 ingredients or
categories listed. You can also search by cuisines, course, and preparation.

Cate

Sylvia

> I was wondering if anyone knew of something similar for food.

That's one of the reasons I love Meal-Master, it does EXACTLY this. If
I have some leftover chicken, leftover green beans, and cheese that
needs to be used quickly (for example), I can enter those three
ingredients and instantly find recipes to use those items. Of course, a
big part of the reason it works is that I've been collecting recipes
into it for over ten years now, so the search capability has over 22K
recipes to look through.

--
Sylvia Steiger RN, homeschooling mom since Nov 1995
http://www.SteigerFamily.com