Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

Default Indoor diy barbeques

In the far east recently I saw tiny barbeques about ten inches square, the
base being made from what i think was some kind of clay and had a stainless
steel rack to sit on the top.

They could easily be placed on a kitchen hob, so that you could have an
indoor barbi.

They were too heavy to bring one home. I'm wondering if anyone has seen
them for sale in the u.k.?

Or if anybody had adapted anything to make a miniature barbeque that one
could use indoors in the kitchen placed on the gas hob?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

sam coleridge wrote:
> In the far east recently I saw tiny barbeques about ten inches square, the
> base being made from what i think was some kind of clay and had a stainless
> steel rack to sit on the top.
>
> They could easily be placed on a kitchen hob, so that you could have an
> indoor barbi.
>
> They were too heavy to bring one home. I'm wondering if anyone has seen
> them for sale in the u.k.?
>
> Or if anybody had adapted anything to make a miniature barbeque that one
> could use indoors in the kitchen placed on the gas hob?

One of the reasons for not having indoor barbies is that burning
charcoal can produce carbon monoxide which is somewhat poisonous.

--
Rod
Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

If you want to use your cooker fan extractor hood then buy a "Piramid"
(maybe Pyramid) barbeque and place it overthe hob. We have had one for
years and they are superb. Quite expensive but have long guarantee.

"sam coleridge" > wrote in message
> In the far east recently I saw tiny barbeques about ten inches square, the
> base being made from what i think was some kind of clay and had a
> stainless steel rack to sit on the top.
>
> They could easily be placed on a kitchen hob, so that you could have an
> indoor barbi.
>
> They were too heavy to bring one home. I'm wondering if anyone has seen
> them for sale in the u.k.?
>
> Or if anybody had adapted anything to make a miniature barbeque that one
> could use indoors in the kitchen placed on the gas hob?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

"sam coleridge" wrote:

>In the far east recently I saw tiny barbeques about ten inches square, the
>base being made from what i think was some kind of clay and had a stainless
>steel rack to sit on the top.
>
>They could easily be placed on a kitchen hob, so that you could have an
>indoor barbi.
>
>They were too heavy to bring one home. I'm wondering if anyone has seen
>them for sale in the u.k.?
>
>Or if anybody had adapted anything to make a miniature barbeque that one
>could use indoors?

Oh yes, make it an obligatory celebratory occasion by order of the
Queen that every UKer light their indoor charcoal burner at midnight
of New Years Eve and crawl into bed... get rid of all yoose stench
breathed rotted teeth brit *******s in one fell swoop! <G>
Ahahahahahahaha. . . .
Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

"brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> "sam coleridge" wrote:
>>
>>In the far east recently I saw tiny barbeques about ten inches square, the
>>base being made from what i think was some kind of clay and had a
>>stainless
>>steel rack to sit on the top.
>>
>>They could easily be placed on a kitchen hob, so that you could have an
>>indoor barbi.
>>
>>They were too heavy to bring one home. I'm wondering if anyone has seen
>>them for sale in the u.k.?
>>
>>Or if anybody had adapted anything to make a miniature barbeque that one
>>could use indoors?
>>

> Oh yes, make it an obligatory celebratory occasion by order of the
> Queen that every UKer light their indoor charcoal burner at midnight
> of New Years Eve and crawl into bed... get rid of all yoose stench
> breathed rotted teeth brit *******s in one fell swoop! <G>
> Ahahahahahahaha. . . .

Awwwwwwwww come on now SHELDUMB! You know you would miss me)

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

"sam coleridge" > wrote in message
> In the far east recently I saw tiny barbeques about ten inches square, the
> base being made from what i think was some kind of clay and had a

stainless
> steel rack to sit on the top.
>
> They could easily be placed on a kitchen hob, so that you could have an
> indoor barbi.
>
> They were too heavy to bring one home. I'm wondering if anyone has seen
> them for sale in the u.k.?
>
> Or if anybody had adapted anything to make a miniature barbeque that one
> could use indoors in the kitchen placed on the gas hob?

If by barbeque you mean something that burns charcoal, there's a couple of
things to beware of. First, charcoal fires produce carbon monoxide, which
can be deadly. Second, a charcoal fire consumes oxygen, and in an enclosed
room the oxygen can be depleted below the concentration necessary to sustain
human life. In the US, about 25 people are killed each year from burning
charcoal indoors. See for instance
http://www.hpa.org.uk/web/HPAweb&HPA.../1195733793495 or
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/pubs/452.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou wrote on Sat, 5 Dec 2009 10:43:43 -0500:

> "sam coleridge" > wrote in message
>> In the far east recently I saw tiny barbeques about ten
>> inches square, the base being made from what i think was some
>> kind of clay and had a

> stainless
>> steel rack to sit on the top.
>>
>> They could easily be placed on a kitchen hob, so that you
>> could have an indoor barbi.
>>
>> They were too heavy to bring one home. I'm wondering if
>> anyone has seen them for sale in the u.k.?
>>
>> Or if anybody had adapted anything to make a miniature
>> barbeque that one could use indoors in the kitchen placed on
>> the gas hob?

I have wood-burning fireplaces in my house and have sometimes used a
hibachi in one of them without incident.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 05 Dec 2009 10:01:31 -0500, brooklyn1 wrote:

> "sam coleridge" wrote:
>>
>>In the far east recently I saw tiny barbeques about ten inches square, the
>>base being made from what i think was some kind of clay and had a stainless
>>steel rack to sit on the top.
>>
>>They could easily be placed on a kitchen hob, so that you could have an
>>indoor barbi.
>>
>>They were too heavy to bring one home. I'm wondering if anyone has seen
>>them for sale in the u.k.?
>>
>>Or if anybody had adapted anything to make a miniature barbeque that one
>>could use indoors?
>>

> Oh yes, make it an obligatory celebratory occasion by order of the
> Queen that every UKer light their indoor charcoal burner at midnight
> of New Years Eve and crawl into bed... get rid of all yoose stench
> breathed rotted teeth brit *******s in one fell swoop! <G>
> Ahahahahahahaha. . . .

wait, you don't like englishmen either? but they're white! many of them
are straight!

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

On Dec 5, 8:21*am, "sam coleridge" > wrote:
> In the far east recently I saw tiny barbeques about ten inches square, the
> base being made from what i think was some kind of clay and had a stainless
> steel rack to sit on the top.
>
> They could easily be placed on a kitchen hob, so that you could have an
> indoor barbi.
>
> They were too heavy to bring one home. *I'm wondering if anyone has seen
> them for sale in the u.k.?
>
> Or if anybody had adapted anything to make a miniature barbeque that one
> could use indoors in the kitchen placed on the gas hob?

Most days are OK to use charcoal outside. I do it all the time here
in south western Ontario Canada. Every month of the year. You don't
need to be inside. Except for to eat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

In message >, sam coleridge
> writes
>In the far east recently I saw tiny barbeques about ten inches square, the
>base being made from what i think was some kind of clay and had a stainless
>steel rack to sit on the top.
>
>They could easily be placed on a kitchen hob, so that you could have an
>indoor barbi.
>
>They were too heavy to bring one home. I'm wondering if anyone has seen
>them for sale in the u.k.?
>
>Or if anybody had adapted anything to make a miniature barbeque that one
>could use indoors in the kitchen placed on the gas hob?

Have you never noticed the amount of smoke and burning fat generated by
a BBQ ?

--
geoff

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

In message >, Lou
> writes
>
>"sam coleridge" > wrote in message
>> In the far east recently I saw tiny barbeques about ten inches square, the
>> base being made from what i think was some kind of clay and had a

>stainless
>> steel rack to sit on the top.
>>
>> They could easily be placed on a kitchen hob, so that you could have an
>> indoor barbi.
>>
>> They were too heavy to bring one home. I'm wondering if anyone has seen
>> them for sale in the u.k.?
>>
>> Or if anybody had adapted anything to make a miniature barbeque that one
>> could use indoors in the kitchen placed on the gas hob?
>>

>If by barbeque you mean something that burns charcoal, there's a couple of
>things to beware of. First, charcoal fires produce carbon monoxide, which
>can be deadly. Second, a charcoal fire consumes oxygen, and in an enclosed
>room the oxygen can be depleted below the concentration necessary to sustain
>human life. In the US, about 25 people are killed each year from burning
>charcoal indoors.

That's the most positive reason for indoor BBQs I've come across yet

--
geoff
Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

In article >,
sam coleridge > wrote:
>In the far east recently I saw tiny barbeques about ten inches square, the
>base being made from what i think was some kind of clay and had a stainless
>steel rack to sit on the top.

>They could easily be placed on a kitchen hob, so that you could have an
>indoor barbi.

>They were too heavy to bring one home. I'm wondering if anyone has seen
>them for sale in the u.k.?

>Or if anybody had adapted anything to make a miniature barbeque that one
>could use indoors in the kitchen placed on the gas hob?

Sounds similar to a hibachi; to avoid the carbon monoxide issue, there
are electric versions for tabletom use:

http://www.bbq.com/

http://www.grillpower.com/article3.html

http://www.lumaoutdoorentertaining.c...s/hibachi.aspx

Lots more are just a search away...

Gary

--
Gary Heston http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/
"Where large, expensive pieces of exotic woods are converted to valueless,
Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
> In message >, sam coleridge
> > writes
>> In the far east recently I saw tiny barbeques about ten inches
>> square, the base being made from what i think was some kind of clay
>> and had a stainless steel rack to sit on the top.
>>
>> They could easily be placed on a kitchen hob, so that you could have
>> an indoor barbi.
>>
>> They were too heavy to bring one home. I'm wondering if anyone has
>> seen them for sale in the u.k.?
>>
>> Or if anybody had adapted anything to make a miniature barbeque that
>> one could use indoors in the kitchen placed on the gas hob?
>>

> Have you never noticed the amount of smoke and burning fat generated
> by a BBQ ?

Would that be why we use them outside Geoff?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

Gary Heston wrote:

> In article >,
> sam coleridge > wrote:
> >In the far east recently I saw tiny barbeques about ten inches square, the
> >base being made from what i think was some kind of clay and had a stainless
> >steel rack to sit on the top.

> Sounds similar to a hibachi; to avoid the carbon monoxide issue, there
> are electric versions for tabletom use:

Sounds to me like the little grills used for
Korean bulgogi, though he did say square,
and hibachis are usually square while the
Korean bulgogi grill is usually round.
They are usually used indoors, under a hood.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 16:32:20 +0000, geoff > wrote:

>In message >, sam coleridge
> writes
>>In the far east recently I saw tiny barbeques about ten inches square, the
>>base being made from what i think was some kind of clay and had a stainless
>>steel rack to sit on the top.
>>
>>They could easily be placed on a kitchen hob, so that you could have an
>>indoor barbi.
>>
>>They were too heavy to bring one home. I'm wondering if anyone has seen
>>them for sale in the u.k.?
>>
>>Or if anybody had adapted anything to make a miniature barbeque that one
>>could use indoors in the kitchen placed on the gas hob?
>>

>Have you never noticed the amount of smoke and burning fat generated by
>a BBQ ?

This is when a really, really, really good exhaust fan comes in handy.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

[follow up set to misc.consumers.frugal-living]
Rod wrote:
> One of the reasons for not having indoor barbies is that burning
> charcoal can produce carbon monoxide which is somewhat poisonous.

Consider that lethal exposure is 800 Parts Per Million for two hours,
maximum permissible is 30 PPM, and the recommended level is zero. I'd say
it is more than somewhat poisonous.

--
Tony Sivori
Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

In message > , The Medway
Handyman > writes
>geoff wrote:
>> In message >, sam coleridge
>> > writes
>>> In the far east recently I saw tiny barbeques about ten inches
>>> square, the base being made from what i think was some kind of clay
>>> and had a stainless steel rack to sit on the top.
>>>
>>> They could easily be placed on a kitchen hob, so that you could have
>>> an indoor barbi.
>>>
>>> They were too heavy to bring one home. I'm wondering if anyone has
>>> seen them for sale in the u.k.?
>>>
>>> Or if anybody had adapted anything to make a miniature barbeque that
>>> one could use indoors in the kitchen placed on the gas hob?
>>>

>> Have you never noticed the amount of smoke and burning fat generated
>> by a BBQ ?

>Would that be why we use them outside Geoff?

Err yes - did you miss the point ?

--
geoff
Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

Ophelia wrote:

>> Oh yes, make it an obligatory celebratory occasion by order of

the
>> Queen that every UKer light their indoor charcoal burner at

midnight
>> of New Years Eve and crawl into bed... get rid of all yoose

stench
>> breathed rotted teeth brit *******s in one fell swoop! <G>
>> Ahahahahahahaha. . . .

> Awwwwwwwww come on now SHELDUMB! You know you would miss me)

A redident troll is a resient troll, LOL, and Shelly's really good
at that
--
Vilco
Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

ViLco wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:
>
>>> Oh yes, make it an obligatory celebratory occasion by order of

> the
>>> Queen that every UKer light their indoor charcoal burner at midnight
>>> of New Years Eve and crawl into bed... get rid of all yoose

> stench
>>> breathed rotted teeth brit *******s in one fell swoop! <G>
>>> Ahahahahahahaha. . . .

>> Awwwwwwwww come on now SHELDUMB! You know you would miss me)

> A redident troll is a resient troll, LOL, and Shelly's really good
> at that

<g>

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember brooklyn1 >
saying something like:

>Oh yes, make it an obligatory celebratory occasion by order of the
>Queen that every UKer light their indoor charcoal burner at midnight
>of New Years Eve and crawl into bed... get rid of all yoose stench
>breathed rotted teeth brit *******s in one fell swoop! <G>
>Ahahahahahahaha. . . .

****ing retard.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

In message > , The Medway
Handyman > writes
>geoff wrote:
>> In message > , The
>> Medway Handyman > writes

>>> Would that be why we use them outside Geoff?
>>>

>> Err yes - did you miss the point ?

>No, just wanted confirmation that my 4 burner BBQ which generates large
>quantities of smoke and burning fat should be used outside.

Unless you're a septic ...Yes

--
geoff
Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

sam coleridge wrote:

> In the far east recently I saw tiny barbeques about ten inches square, the
> base being made from what i think was some kind of clay and had a stainless
> steel rack to sit on the top.
>
> They could easily be placed on a kitchen hob, so that you could have an
> indoor barbi.
>
> They were too heavy to bring one home. I'm wondering if anyone has seen
> them for sale in the u.k.?
>
> Or if anybody had adapted anything to make a miniature barbeque that one
> could use indoors in the kitchen placed on the gas hob?

If you go to a Turkish/Middle Eastern supermarket in London (or
elsewhere), there will be metal contraptions meant for grilling kebabs
over charcoal.

Just make certain to have good ventilation if using coals. No idea if
they will work over a hob though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

Might want to ask your insurance company, the fire department, and the
hospital emergency room (or morgue) if this is a good idea.

d-i-y means no attention paid to building codes or safety many times...

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

In article >,
"sam coleridge" > wrote:

> In the far east recently I saw tiny barbeques about ten inches square, the
> base being made from what i think was some kind of clay and had a stainless
> steel rack to sit on the top.
>
> They could easily be placed on a kitchen hob, so that you could have an
> indoor barbi.
>
> They were too heavy to bring one home. I'm wondering if anyone has seen
> them for sale in the u.k.?
>
> Or if anybody had adapted anything to make a miniature barbeque that one
> could use indoors in the kitchen placed on the gas hob?

Just be careful! Attempts at indoor BBQ tend to produce Carbon Monoxide
gas.

It's a good way to commit suicide.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"James Silverton" > wrote:

> Lou wrote on Sat, 5 Dec 2009 10:43:43 -0500:
>

> > "sam coleridge" > wrote in message
> >> In the far east recently I saw tiny barbeques about ten
> >> inches square, the base being made from what i think was some
> >> kind of clay and had a

> > stainless
> >> steel rack to sit on the top.
> >>
> >> They could easily be placed on a kitchen hob, so that you
> >> could have an indoor barbi.
> >>
> >> They were too heavy to bring one home. I'm wondering if
> >> anyone has seen them for sale in the u.k.?
> >>
> >> Or if anybody had adapted anything to make a miniature
> >> barbeque that one could use indoors in the kitchen placed on
> >> the gas hob?
> >>

> I have wood-burning fireplaces in my house and have sometimes used a
> hibachi in one of them without incident.

But it's vented to the outdoors. Not the same.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

<http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/>
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

In article >,
(Gary Heston) wrote:

> >Or if anybody had adapted anything to make a miniature barbeque that one
> >could use indoors in the kitchen placed on the gas hob?

> Sounds similar to a hibachi; to avoid the carbon monoxide issue, there
> are electric versions for tabletom use:

http://www.bbq.com/

> http://www.grillpower.com/article3.html
>
> http://www.lumaoutdoorentertaining.c...s/hibachi.aspx
>
> Lots more are just a search away...
>

> Gary

This works well for me. I don't have this exact one, but I do have
something similar:

<http://about.pricegrabber.com/search...1313194&search
=Hamilton%20Beach%20%2025285&mode=about_bbq&>

Or:

<http://tinyurl.com/ybcsnc9>

I've been using an indoor electric grill regularly now for years. I LOVE
the thing. One of my favorite appliances for cooking meat and some
veggies. Neater and less messy than frying and gives satisfactory
results. Many pics I've taken of food with grill marks comes from one
of these. <g>
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote on Sun, 06 Dec 2009 06:25:15 -0600:

James Slverton:
>> I have wood-burning fireplaces in my house and have sometimes
>> used a hibachi in one of them without incident.

> But it's vented to the outdoors. Not the same.

Certainly true and I think it's the *only* safe way to charcoal broil
indoors unless you count an electrically heated barbeque.
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

On Dec 6, 9:24*am, Omelet > wrote:
> In article >,
> *"sam coleridge" > wrote:
>
> > In the far east recently I saw tiny barbeques about ten inches square, the
> > base being made from what i think was some kind of clay and had a stainless
> > steel rack to sit on the top.

> > They could easily be placed on a kitchen hob, so that you could have an
> > indoor barbi.

> > They were too heavy to bring one home. *I'm wondering if anyone has seen
> > them for sale in the u.k.?

> > Or if anybody had adapted anything to make a miniature barbeque that one
> > could use indoors in the kitchen placed on the gas hob?

> Just be careful! Attempts at indoor BBQ tend to produce Carbon Monoxide
> gas.
>
> It's a good way to commit suicide.
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> "Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." *
> --Steve Rothstein
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
>
> Subscribe:

Some years ago; in order to try and stay warm an elderly couple
operated their bar-b-q inside their fairly well sealed up North
American house during a power failure. It used up all the oxygen and
they were found dead.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 22:18:48 -0800 (PST), terry
> wrote:

>Some years ago; in order to try and stay warm an elderly couple
>operated their bar-b-q inside their fairly well sealed up North
>American house during a power failure. It used up all the oxygen and
>they were found dead.

At least they died together.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

In article
terry > wrote:

> On Dec 6, 9:24*am, Omelet > wrote:

> > Just be careful! Attempts at indoor BBQ tend to produce Carbon Monoxide
> > gas.
> >
> > It's a good way to commit suicide.

> Some years ago; in order to try and stay warm an elderly couple
> operated their bar-b-q inside their fairly well sealed up North
> American house during a power failure. It used up all the oxygen and
> they were found dead.

Unless somebody lives somewhere really sealed up, like underwater, it's
pretty hard to use up the oxygen. As Om posted above, it's generally
carbon monoxide poisoning.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

In misc.consumers.frugal-living sam coleridge > wrote:
> In the far east recently I saw tiny barbeques about ten inches square, the
> base being made from what i think was some kind of clay and had a stainless
> steel rack to sit on the top.

> They could easily be placed on a kitchen hob, so that you could have an
> indoor barbi.

> Or if anybody had adapted anything to make a miniature barbeque that one
> could use indoors in the kitchen placed on the gas hob?

Note that the OP *did* *not* mention charcoal. For all you folks
suggesting that carbon monoxide is a concern, you have a point *if*
the contraption uses charcoal, but what I *think* the OP may have
meant is some type of ceramic heat sink material that absorbs heat
from the regular stove top burner and then acts like the volcanic
rock in traditional outdoor gas grills. The heated surface catches
dripping fats and juices which then vaporaize and that flavors the
meat. So, maybe not as dangerous as everyone seems to be assuming.

On the other hand, since the OP has not clarified what he's talking
about, it may have just been a drive-by trolling.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

In message
>,
terry > writes
>On Dec 6, 9:24*am, Omelet > wrote:
>> In article >,
>> *"sam coleridge" > wrote:
>>
>> > In the far east recently I saw tiny barbeques about ten inches square, the
>> > base being made from what i think was some kind of clay and had a stainless
>> > steel rack to sit on the top.

>> > They could easily be placed on a kitchen hob, so that you could have an
>> > indoor barbi.

>> > They were too heavy to bring one home. *I'm wondering if anyone has seen
>> > them for sale in the u.k.?

>> > Or if anybody had adapted anything to make a miniature barbeque that one
>> > could use indoors in the kitchen placed on the gas hob?

>> Just be careful! Attempts at indoor BBQ tend to produce Carbon Monoxide
>> gas.
>>
>> It's a good way to commit suicide.
>> --
>> Peace! Om
>>
>> "Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put
>>their foot down." *
>> --Steve Rothstein
>>
>> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
>>
>> Subscribe:

>Some years ago; in order to try and stay warm an elderly couple
>operated their bar-b-q inside their fairly well sealed up North
>American house during a power failure. It used up all the oxygen and
>they were found dead.

How many more does that leave ?

--
geoff
Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

> wrote in message ...
> In misc.consumers.frugal-living sam coleridge >
> wrote:
>> In the far east recently I saw tiny barbeques about ten inches square,
>> the
>> base being made from what i think was some kind of clay and had a
>> stainless
>> steel rack to sit on the top.

>> They could easily be placed on a kitchen hob, so that you could have an
>> indoor barbi.

>> Or if anybody had adapted anything to make a miniature barbeque that one
>> could use indoors in the kitchen placed on the gas hob?

> Note that the OP *did* *not* mention charcoal. For all you folks
> suggesting that carbon monoxide is a concern, you have a point *if*
> the contraption uses charcoal, but what I *think* the OP may have
> meant is some type of ceramic heat sink material that absorbs heat
> from the regular stove top burner and then acts like the volcanic
> rock in traditional outdoor gas grills. The heated surface catches
> dripping fats and juices which then vaporaize and that flavors the
> meat. So, maybe not as dangerous as everyone seems to be assuming.
>
> On the other hand, since the OP has not clarified what he's talking
> about, it may have just been a drive-by trolling.
> Bill Ranck
> Blacksburg, Va.

because the topic might seem unsual or 'off the wall' to you Bill, its still
not very nice to be so readily accused of trolling

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

sam coleridge wrote:

> > wrote in message ...
>> On the other hand, since the OP has not clarified what he's talking
>> about, it may have just been a drive-by trolling.

> because the topic might seem unsual or 'off the wall' to you Bill,
> its still not very nice to be so readily accused of trolling

Sam, you weren't either 'readily' or 'accused' of doing a troll. It was
mentioned as being among a list of possibilities for a post to which you
would not further clarify when concerns about carbon monoxide was raised.

It IS one method of operation for a troll to drop a controversial topic into
usenet and leave it there for the masses to wrestle with.
--
Dave

indoor smoking Stormmee Barbecue 5 11-09-2009 03:36 AM
Barbeques BOB[_9_] General Cooking 0 29-06-2008 05:19 PM
Indoor grilltop? Mark L. General Cooking 12 22-10-2005 01:22 PM
Indoor grill? Larry G General Cooking 6 19-06-2005 12:22 PM
Indoor grill- Thanks to everyone SPOONS General Cooking 8 13-12-2003 02:51 AM