Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Okay, NEW plan for Thanksgiving

Turns out that I have to work the night of Thanksgiving, and we have a
couple not-very-adventurous people joining us for Thanksgiving dinner. So I
made the roast pork dinner on Saturday night, and we'll be having the
conventional turkey on Thanksgiving itself. Lin will be cooking it, since
I'll need to sleep prior to work.

I have to say that the persimmon-stuffed pork roast was phenomenal, possibly
the best pork I've ever had.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger > wrote:

>Turns out that I have to work the night of Thanksgiving, and we have a
>couple not-very-adventurous people joining us for Thanksgiving dinner. So I
>made the roast pork dinner on Saturday night, and we'll be having the
>conventional turkey on Thanksgiving itself. Lin will be cooking it, since
>I'll need to sleep prior to work.

>I have to say that the persimmon-stuffed pork roast was phenomenal, possibly
>the best pork I've ever had.

Interesting coincidence. We've are planning to have a persimmon
salad next to the pork cutlets I mentioned earlier. We did
a trial run of the salad at a pot-luck this weekend, and it
was a success. (Possibly because there was not much else in
the potluck that resembled salad or vegetables...)

It consisted of romaine and persimmons, with the dressing comprised
of walnut oil, white vinegar, finely diced shallot, sea salt,
and the juice of a citrus (I think, a tangelo).

In any case, the pork/persimmon combination seems like a natural.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> Turns out that I have to work the night of Thanksgiving, and we have a
> couple not-very-adventurous people joining us for Thanksgiving dinner. So I
> made the roast pork dinner on Saturday night, and we'll be having the
> conventional turkey on Thanksgiving itself. Lin will be cooking it, since
> I'll need to sleep prior to work.
>
> I have to say that the persimmon-stuffed pork roast was phenomenal, possibly
> the best pork I've ever had.
>
> Bob

If your "not-very-adventurous" guests would be afraid of a stuffed pork
roast, then I feel very, very sorry for them. A stuffed pork roast is
about as far from exotic as I can think of, and sounds very good.

How to plan Thanksgiving with less stres sf[_9_] General Cooking 0 13-11-2016 08:14 PM
The plan. Let's see how it turns out... phaeton General Cooking 12 26-07-2011 12:49 AM
picnic plan Dimitri General Cooking 5 18-07-2009 08:10 PM
Vineyard harvest plan - how to plan and control supply from many small vineyards New start Winemaking 1 24-01-2005 11:14 PM
Plan ahead... Bob Pastorio General Cooking 8 06-11-2003 05:27 PM