Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default At the Movies... (on topic!)

Popcorn: Buttered or not?

I like EXTRA butter.

Favorite soda?

Root Beer!

Favorite candy commonly sold at the movies?

Milk Duds.

Favorite Movie Genre'?

Science Fiction/Fantasy.

Yours?
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"l, not -l" > wrote:

> On 22-Nov-2009, Omelet > wrote:
> Andy - quit pretending to be Om! 8-)

<chuckles>

> > Popcorn: Buttered or not?

> Not
>
> > Favorite soda?
> >

> Diet Dr Pepper; but I'll settle for diet Coke
> >
> > Favorite candy commonly sold at the movies?
> >

> None
> >
> > Favorite Movie Genre'?
> >

> Action/Suspense/Mystery

Mm, I like Action movies too. A few Arnold movies come to mind. <g>
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> Popcorn: Buttered or not?
>
> I like EXTRA butter.

Nacho's and cheese

> Favorite soda?
>
> Root Beer!

Agree

> Favorite candy commonly sold at the movies?
>
> Milk Duds.

Chocolate covered raisins

> Favorite Movie Genre'?
>
> Science Fiction/Fantasy.

Add action

> Yours?

Robert

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Robert" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
> > Popcorn: Buttered or not?
> >
> > I like EXTRA butter.
> >

> Nacho's and cheese

Ooh now we're talkin'! ;-d

> > Favorite soda?
> >
> > Root Beer!
> >

> Agree
>
> > Favorite candy commonly sold at the movies?
> >
> > Milk Duds.
> >

> Chocolate covered raisins

I like those too, and yogurt covered ones.

--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Omelet wrote:

> Popcorn: Buttered or not?
>
> I like EXTRA butter.
>
> Favorite soda?
>
> Root Beer!
>
> Favorite candy commonly sold at the movies?
>
> Milk Duds.
>
> Favorite Movie Genre'?
>
> Science Fiction/Fantasy.
>
> Yours?

Oh, but this is easy ) Get a DVD from the library (at practically no
cost - a.k.a. free!) and do everything at home!!! Best part, there's no
extra company or crowd! The best seats are already there

Sky, who'd rather save the cost and stay at home

P.S. Extra benefit, no exposure to potential unfluenza bugs

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sky > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> >
> > Popcorn: Buttered or not?
> >
> > I like EXTRA butter.
> >
> > Favorite soda?
> >
> > Root Beer!
> >
> > Favorite candy commonly sold at the movies?
> >
> > Milk Duds.
> >
> > Favorite Movie Genre'?
> >
> > Science Fiction/Fantasy.
> >
> > Yours?

> Oh, but this is easy ) Get a DVD from the library (at practically no
> cost - a.k.a. free!) and do everything at home!!! Best part, there's no
> extra company or crowd! The best seats are already there
>
> Sky, who'd rather save the cost and stay at home
>
> P.S. Extra benefit, no exposure to potential unfluenza bugs

<lol> Good thinking. :-)
The food is cheaper and fresher too.

Om -> (who is currently watching Walt Disney "The Pacifier" and
finishing off some hot soup...)
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "l, not -l" > wrote:
>
>> On 22-Nov-2009, Omelet > wrote:
>> Andy - quit pretending to be Om! 8-)

> <chuckles>
>

>> > Popcorn: Buttered or not?

>> Not
>>
>> > Favorite soda?
>> >

>> Diet Dr Pepper; but I'll settle for diet Coke
>> >
>> > Favorite candy commonly sold at the movies?
>> >

>> None
>> >
>> > Favorite Movie Genre'?
>> >

>> Action/Suspense/Mystery

> Mm, I like Action movies too. A few Arnold movies come to mind. <g>
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> "Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their
> foot down."
> --Steve Rothstein
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
>
> Subscribe:

Ummmmmm........Conan........

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 22, 10:57*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> Popcorn: *Buttered or not?

I don't eat at the movies. Even I can go a couple of hours
without sticking something into my mouth. Usually we
sneak in a bottle of water for my husband.

That said, I like popcorn with lots of real butter and salt.
Sometimes I sprinkle on a little cayenne.

> I like EXTRA butter.
>
> Favorite soda?

Diet coke.

> Favorite candy commonly sold at the movies?

Hell, I don't know what's sold at movies. Raisinets?
I generally prefer a plain Hershey bar when I can't
get Lindt bittersweet.

> Milk Duds.
>
> Favorite Movie Genre'?

Hard to say. I know we usually only go to the movies
to see things that have a lot of special effects. Otherwise,
we stay home and rent the DVD. Based on the thrust
of the survey, I'd probably have to say SFF, too.

> Science Fiction/Fantasy.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>I don't eat at the movies. Even I can go a couple of hours
>without sticking something into my mouth. Usually we
>sneak in a bottle of water for my husband.

Why would you need to sneak water?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I don't eat at the movies. Even I can go a couple of hours
> without sticking something into my mouth. Usually we
> sneak in a bottle of water for my husband.

I don't eat at the movies either. I can go a couple hours without eating
or drinking, and I don't like those movie snacks enough to pay those
outrageous prices.

> That said, I like popcorn with lots of real butter and salt.
> Sometimes I sprinkle on a little cayenne.

I might be part of the small percentage of people who does not enjoy
popcorn.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-11-23, Virginia Tadrzynski > wrote:

> Ummmmmm........Conan........

....the Destroyer.

Olivia D'Abo is hot! (still)

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 23, 9:52*am, Dave Smith > wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > I don't eat at the movies. *Even I can go a couple of hours
> > without sticking something into my mouth. *Usually we
> > sneak in a bottle of water for my husband.

> I don't eat at the movies either. I can go a couple hours without eating
> or drinking, and I don't like those movie snacks enough to pay those
> outrageous prices.
>
> > That said, I like popcorn with lots of real butter and salt.
> > Sometimes I sprinkle on a little cayenne.

> I might be part of the small percentage of people who does not enjoy
> popcorn.

Popcorn's good, but way overpriced at the Cinema.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> Popcorn: Buttered or not?

Neither, we generally go to an evil family owned drive in. The place is
restored and in better than new condition. They have fantastic hand cut
french fries at the snack bar. I seldom fry stuff at home so they are a
nice treat.

> I like EXTRA butter.
>
> Favorite soda?
>
> Root Beer!
>
> Favorite candy commonly sold at the movies?
>
> Milk Duds.
>
> Favorite Movie Genre'?
>
> Science Fiction/Fantasy.

Comedy, action.

> Yours?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> Popcorn: Buttered or not?

sometimes buttered sometimes not. It depends on my mood.

> I like EXTRA butter.
>
> Favorite soda?
>
> Root Beer!

Not a soda drinker. I usually either bring a bottle of water or get
a raspberry blue icee.

> Favorite candy commonly sold at the movies?
>
> Milk Duds.

Dots or raisinettes or sno-caps.

> Favorite Movie Genre'?
>
> Science Fiction/Fantasy.
>
> Yours?

Me too - Science Fiction Fantasy. Looking forward to Avatar.

Tracy
(who'd go to the movies every day if I could.)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote:

> > Mm, I like Action movies too. A few Arnold movies come to mind. <g>

> Ummmmmm........Conan........

And True Lies, and a bunch of other movies with high body counts...
I also love super hero movies!
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Cindy Hamilton > wrote:

> On Nov 22, 10:57*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> > Popcorn: *Buttered or not?

> I don't eat at the movies. Even I can go a couple of hours
> without sticking something into my mouth. Usually we
> sneak in a bottle of water for my husband.
>
> That said, I like popcorn with lots of real butter and salt.
> Sometimes I sprinkle on a little cayenne.
>
> > I like EXTRA butter.
> >
> > Favorite soda?

> Diet coke.
>

> > Favorite candy commonly sold at the movies?

> Hell, I don't know what's sold at movies. Raisinets?
> I generally prefer a plain Hershey bar when I can't
> get Lindt bittersweet.

You have good taste in chocolate. <g> Lindt is my personal favorite too.
We often sneak snacks into the movie as concession prices are assinine.

> > Milk Duds.
> >
> > Favorite Movie Genre'?

> Hard to say. I know we usually only go to the movies
> to see things that have a lot of special effects. Otherwise,
> we stay home and rent the DVD. Based on the thrust
> of the survey, I'd probably have to say SFF, too.
>
> > Science Fiction/Fantasy.

> Cindy Hamilton

:-)

I most often wait for it to come out on DVD, but it really depends on
the movie. I've not been to the theatre now for a good 8 years or so.
Too easy to emulate it at home for a lot better price!

And I can use _real_ butter on my popcorn. <g>
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
George > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> > Popcorn: Buttered or not?

> Neither, we generally go to an evil family owned drive in. The place is
> restored and in better than new condition. They have fantastic hand cut
> french fries at the snack bar. I seldom fry stuff at home so they are a
> nice treat.

Oh yum!

I might have to make yam fries next time I have a movie night over here.

> > I like EXTRA butter.
> >
> > Favorite soda?
> >
> > Root Beer!
> >
> > Favorite candy commonly sold at the movies?
> >
> > Milk Duds.
> >
> > Favorite Movie Genre'?
> >
> > Science Fiction/Fantasy.

> Comedy, action.

Always good.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Tracy > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> > Popcorn: Buttered or not?

> sometimes buttered sometimes not. It depends on my mood.
> >
> > I like EXTRA butter.
> >
> > Favorite soda?
> >
> > Root Beer!

> Not a soda drinker. I usually either bring a bottle of water or get
> a raspberry blue icee.
> >
> > Favorite candy commonly sold at the movies?
> >
> > Milk Duds.

> Dots or raisinettes or sno-caps.
> >
> > Favorite Movie Genre'?
> >
> > Science Fiction/Fantasy.
> >
> > Yours?

> Me too - Science Fiction Fantasy. Looking forward to Avatar.
>
> Tracy
> (who'd go to the movies every day if I could.)

The big screen is very cool. :-) I remember watching one of the Star
Trek movies at the Imax. "The Undiscovered Country". The explosion of
the Klingon moon was awesome.

We also saw "Titanic" at the Imax.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> Tracy > wrote:
>
>> Omelet wrote:
>>> Popcorn: Buttered or not?

>> sometimes buttered sometimes not. It depends on my mood.
>>> I like EXTRA butter.
>>>
>>> Favorite soda?
>>>
>>> Root Beer!

>> Not a soda drinker. I usually either bring a bottle of water or get
>> a raspberry blue icee.
>>> Favorite candy commonly sold at the movies?
>>>
>>> Milk Duds.

>> Dots or raisinettes or sno-caps.
>>> Favorite Movie Genre'?
>>>
>>> Science Fiction/Fantasy.
>>>
>>> Yours?

>> Me too - Science Fiction Fantasy. Looking forward to Avatar.
>>
>> Tracy
>> (who'd go to the movies every day if I could.)

> The big screen is very cool. :-) I remember watching one of the Star
> Trek movies at the Imax. "The Undiscovered Country". The explosion of
> the Klingon moon was awesome.
>
> We also saw "Titanic" at the Imax.

I think I am one of the few out there who has not seen Titanic.

Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Tracy > wrote:

> > We also saw "Titanic" at the Imax.

> I think I am one of the few out there who has not seen Titanic.
>
> Tracy

I own a copy of it now.
It truly is worth a watch! Just make sure you have a hanky at the end.
:-)
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:06:31 -0500, Tracy > wrote:

>I think I am one of the few out there who has not seen Titanic.
>
>Tracy

I'm going to spoil it for you. The ship sinks.

:-)

Terry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> Popcorn: Buttered or not?
>
> I like EXTRA butter.

Never bother with popcorn.

> Favorite soda?
>
> Root Beer!

Yuk!!! No drinks.

> Favorite candy commonly sold at the movies?
>
> Milk Duds.

None.

Just not brought up to eat in a cinema.

> Favorite Movie Genre'?
>
> Science Fiction/Fantasy.
>
> Yours?

Weird subtitled foreign films.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Terry > wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:06:31 -0500, Tracy > wrote:
> >

> >I think I am one of the few out there who has not seen Titanic.
> >
> >Tracy

> I'm going to spoil it for you. The ship sinks.
>
> :-)
>
> Terry

<snicker>
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Arri London >
wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> >
> > Popcorn: Buttered or not?
> >
> > I like EXTRA butter.

> Never bother with popcorn.
>

> > Favorite soda?
> >
> > Root Beer!

> Yuk!!! No drinks.
>

> > Favorite candy commonly sold at the movies?
> >
> > Milk Duds.

> None.
>
> Just not brought up to eat in a cinema.

Ok. :-) It's just generally part of the "theatre experience" for many.
Doing popcorn at home with a good Margarita and a DVD works too.

> > Favorite Movie Genre'?
> >
> > Science Fiction/Fantasy.
> >
> > Yours?

> Weird subtitled foreign films.

Japanime? <g>
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:06:31 -0500, Tracy > wrote:
>>
>> I think I am one of the few out there who has not seen Titanic.
>>
>> Tracy

> I'm going to spoil it for you. The ship sinks.
>
> :-)
>
> Terry

See, that's why I didn't bother going to see it!

;-)

Tracy
(I hate disaster movies!)

Member

Popcorn: Buttered or not?
Not

Favorite soda?
Coke

Favorite candy commonly sold at the movies?
None

Favorite Movie Genre'?
Horror/Gore/Action/Suspense/Mystery
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Popcorn: Buttered or not?

> Favorite soda?

> Favorite candy commonly sold at the movies?
>
> Favorite Movie Genre'?

Tough questions. I can't remember the last time I went to the movies. We
took the grandkids to see Aladdin some years ago. Before that, maybe took
the kids to some movie. Maybe went twice in the past 30 years or so.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-11-24, Tracy > wrote:

> See, that's why I didn't bother going to see it!

Likewise. Besides, I just can't picture a young Leanardo DiCaprio
as... well, anything!

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-11-24, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> Tough questions. I can't remember the last time I went to the

movies.

For me, 2.5 yrs ago, to see The Bourne Ultimatum. Fact: hand held
cinematography is tolerable for tv, but it sucks on the big screen.
Damn near got seasick. Before that, the LOTR trilogy, so maybe 4
times in last 15 yrs. Movies are currently SO BAD, I don't even
bother renting, anymore.

Otherwise, popcorn w/ diet coke.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:
> Omelet wrote:

>> We also saw "Titanic" at the Imax.

> I think I am one of the few out there who has not seen Titanic.

You're not alone. But then, I don't see a whole lot of movies
for whatever reason. Three or four a year. Most recently
Christmas Carol in 3D.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> Tracy wrote:
>> Omelet wrote:

>>> We also saw "Titanic" at the Imax.

>> I think I am one of the few out there who has not seen Titanic.

> You're not alone. But then, I don't see a whole lot of movies
> for whatever reason. Three or four a year. Most recently Christmas
> Carol in 3D.
>
> nancy

I was just not interested in Titanic. I go to the movies probably
once a month on average. I am planning on seeing A Christmas Carol
in 3D this weekend with a friend and their kids. Was it any good?

Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:

> I was just not interested in Titanic. I go to the movies probably once a
> month on average. I am planning on seeing A Christmas Carol in 3D this
> weekend with a friend and their kids. Was it any good?

I go about once every ten years.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>> Tracy wrote:

>>> I think I am one of the few out there who has not seen Titanic.

>> You're not alone. But then, I don't see a whole lot of movies
>> for whatever reason. Three or four a year. Most recently Christmas
>> Carol in 3D.

> I was just not interested in Titanic. I go to the movies probably
> once a month on average. I am planning on seeing A Christmas Carol
> in 3D this weekend with a friend and their kids. Was it any good?

I really enjoyed it, it was so imaginative and great 3D. I'd go again.
It's one of my favorite stories to start with, of course.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
chronicent > wrote:

> Popcorn: Buttered or not?
> Not
>
> Favorite soda?
> Coke
>
> Favorite candy commonly sold at the movies?
> None
>
> Favorite Movie Genre'?
> Horror/Gore/Action/Suspense/Mystery

Ok!
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:

> > Popcorn: Buttered or not?

> > Favorite soda?

> > Favorite candy commonly sold at the movies?
> >
> > Favorite Movie Genre'?

> Tough questions. I can't remember the last time I went to the movies. We
> took the grandkids to see Aladdin some years ago. Before that, maybe took
> the kids to some movie. Maybe went twice in the past 30 years or so.

It is a bit expensive...
and you often have to put up with other people's crap.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
notbob > wrote:

> On 2009-11-24, Tracy > wrote:
>
> > See, that's why I didn't bother going to see it!

> Likewise. Besides, I just can't picture a young Leanardo DiCaprio
> as... well, anything!
>
> nb

See him in "Catch Me if you Can".
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

>> Tough questions. I can't remember the last time I went to the movies. We
>> took the grandkids to see Aladdin some years ago. Before that, maybe took
>> the kids to some movie. Maybe went twice in the past 30 years or so.

> It is a bit expensive...
> and you often have to put up with other people's crap.

It is expensive these days, and there are usually a lot of hassles. I
can rent a DVD for less than admission for one at the theatre. I can
skip through the trailers. I don't have to wait in line for tickets,
wait through paid advertising. I don't have to listen to people talking
through the movies, asking dumb questions and making idiotic comments.
I have a decent LCD flat screen TV and stereo system. It is not the big
screen, but the price and privacy, being able to stop to go to the
washroom and much cheaper snacks, if necessary, make it a good deal for me.

I don't much enjoy the movie theatre experience. We go out to see live
theatre a lot more than we go to movies.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow > wrote:

>notbob wrote:

>> On 2009-11-24, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> Tough questions. I can't remember the last time I went to the
>>> movies.

>> For me, 2.5 yrs ago, to see The Bourne Ultimatum.

>Most end up pretty quickly on cable anyways, why waste time going out to see
>the flix in the first place...and movie audiences are mainly rude
>insufferable pigs these days in any case, who needs it...

Plus, the audio is played so loudly you need earplugs.

The last current-release major-studio movie I saw in a theatre was
the remake of "The Quiet American". Since then I have seen
a couple revivals and film-festival thingies.

But I'm a fair Netflix addict, with MI-5 usually at the top
of the queue.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> On 2009-11-24, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>> Tough questions. I can't remember the last time I went to the
>> movies.

> For me, 2.5 yrs ago, to see The Bourne Ultimatum. Fact: hand held
> cinematography is tolerable for tv, but it sucks on the big screen.
> Damn near got seasick. Before that, the LOTR trilogy, so maybe 4
> times in last 15 yrs. Movies are currently SO BAD, I don't even
> bother renting, anymore.

Most end up pretty quickly on cable anyways, why waste time going out to see
the flix in the first place...and movie audiences are mainly rude
insufferable pigs these days in any case, who needs it...

Just saw the Keanu Reeves remake of _Day The Earth Stood Still_ on cable,
GAWD does it SUCK...

The only "saving grace" in the mess is Jon Hamm playing a scientist. His
most prominent role of course is as adman Don Draper on _Mad Men_, and I
kept thinking, "WTF is DON DRAPER doing in this movie...!!!???". Honestly,
it was like an extremely lame SNL parody...

How they can spend so much $$$ making krap movies...

<sigh>

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-11-24, Omelet > wrote:

> See him in "Catch Me if you Can".

Sucked.

I finally found him believable in Blood Diamond.

nb

Foodie Movies rosie[_1_] General Cooking 0 05-06-2016 05:13 PM
Food Movies gtr General Cooking 0 23-08-2015 05:48 AM
five favorite movies jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 5 27-09-2012 09:13 PM
On Topic post about Off Topic Posts (that no one responded to inanother thread) Tommy Joe General Cooking 40 24-09-2012 03:07 AM
Off Topic/On Topic: Disgusting - Monkey Meat Recipe Dee.Dee General Cooking 7 18-11-2007 06:11 PM