Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default FOLO: Artisan Bread

Earlier I posted on my progress/problems with Hertzberg's "Artisan
Bread in 5 Minutes/day"
I'm satisfied with the product, but I wish it was a bit lighter and
the crumb white instead of grey.

Are artisan breads heavy? Would using bread flour have made the crumb
white? - Mike

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Nov 9, 3:15 pm, Michael Horowitz > wrote:
> Earlier I posted on my progress/problems with Hertzberg's "Artisan
> Bread in 5 Minutes/day"
> I'm satisfied with the product, but I wish it was a bit lighter and
> the crumb white instead of grey.
>
> Are artisan breads heavy? Would using bread flour have made the crumb
> white? - Mike

Are you the one who wanted to use whole wheat flour? -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Artisan Bread

Michael Horowitz wrote:

> Earlier I posted on my progress/problems with Hertzberg's "Artisan
> Bread in 5 Minutes/day"
> I'm satisfied with the product, but I wish it was a bit lighter and
> the crumb white instead of grey.
>
> Are artisan breads heavy? Would using bread flour have made the crumb
> white?

Dunno about the color, but the crumb is fairly heavy IME...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Michael Horowitz > wrote:

> Earlier I posted on my progress/problems with Hertzberg's "Artisan
> Bread in 5 Minutes/day"
> I'm satisfied with the product, but I wish it was a bit lighter and
> the crumb white instead of grey.
>
> Are artisan breads heavy? Would using bread flour have made the crumb
> white? - Mike

What's FOLO?
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - Who Said Chickens Have Fingers?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 20:52:52 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Michael Horowitz > wrote:
>
>> Earlier I posted on my progress/problems with Hertzberg's "Artisan
>> Bread in 5 Minutes/day"
>> I'm satisfied with the product, but I wish it was a bit lighter and
>> the crumb white instead of grey.
>>
>> Are artisan breads heavy? Would using bread flour have made the crumb
>> white? - Mike

>What's FOLO?

Inquiring minds want to know!

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael Horowitz" > wrote in message
> Earlier I posted on my progress/problems with Hertzberg's "Artisan
> Bread in 5 Minutes/day"
> I'm satisfied with the product, but I wish it was a bit lighter and
> the crumb white instead of grey.
>
> Are artisan breads heavy? Would using bread flour have made the crumb
> white? - Mike

Artisan breads are sturdier than store-bought sandwich bread. Heavier is
hard to understand what you mean exactly. It would help if you could post a
photo to a photo site. Your crumb should not be grey. Creamy yellow or tan
is nice. Have you posted to alt.bread.recipes for help?
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 9, 6:44*pm, aem > wrote:
> On Nov 9, 3:15 pm, Michael Horowitz > wrote:
>
> > Earlier I posted on my progress/problems with Hertzberg's "Artisan
> > Bread in 5 Minutes/day"
> > I'm satisfied with the product, but I wish it was a bit lighter and
> > the crumb white instead of grey.

> > Are artisan breads heavy? Would using bread flour have made the crumb
> > white? - Mike

> Are you the one who wanted to use whole wheat flour? * -aem

Nope - Mike
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 9, 9:52*pm, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
> In article >,
> *Michael Horowitz > wrote:
>
> > Earlier I posted on my progress/problems with Hertzberg's "Artisan
> > Bread in 5 Minutes/day"
> > I'm satisfied with the product, but I wish it was a bit lighter and
> > the crumb white instead of grey.

> > Are artisan breads heavy? Would using bread flour have made the crumb
> > white? - Mike

> What's FOLO?
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJhttp://web.me.com/barbschaller- Who Said Chickens Have Fingers?
> 10-30-2009

FOLO: As in Follow-up - Mike
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 10, 11:28*am, "Janet Bostwick" > wrote:
> "Michael Horowitz" > wrote in message
>
> ... > Earlier I posted on my progress/problems with Hertzberg's "Artisan
> > Bread in 5 Minutes/day"
> > I'm satisfied with the product, but I wish it was a bit lighter and
> > the crumb white instead of grey.

> > Are artisan breads heavy? Would using bread flour have made the crumb
> > white? - Mike

> Artisan breads are sturdier than store-bought sandwich bread. *Heavier is
> hard to understand what you mean exactly. *It would help if you could post a
> photo to a photo site. *Your crumb should not be grey. *Creamy yellow or tan
> is nice. *Have you posted to alt.bread.recipes for help?
> Janet

Oh, you're correct. I did initially but instintively turned to this
group - Mike

How do you eat your artisan bread? Christopher M.[_3_] General Cooking 93 28-08-2012 05:45 PM
Artisan Bread Deb Recipes (moderated) 0 16-06-2008 03:08 AM
Artisan Simple Crusty Bread Debbie[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 10-06-2008 02:59 AM
Andy: Artisan bread Nancy Young General Cooking 10 20-08-2006 09:49 PM
Artisan Bread DVD HUTCHNDI Sourdough 13 14-02-2005 12:41 AM