Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default futures tip SAFFRON

prices about to go further through the roof so buy now
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 05:23:22 -0800 (PST), Pits09 >
wrote:

>prices about to go further through the roof so buy now

I've got mine, do you have yours?

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 10, 3:47*am, sf > wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 05:23:22 -0800 (PST), Pits09 >
> wrote:
>
> >prices about to go further through the roof * so buy now *

> I've got mine, do you have yours?

Of Course! HEAPS mate bought a lot back from country of
Origin
Once it cleared Quarantine and the paperwork and duties were paid
(commercial quantities you see)
Profit allows us to splurge a bit the the real deal .
Now scouring recipe books and web for some decent recipes to use it
with.

However, the poor buggers where its grown have had a few distasters
thus prices will skyrocket
so better hedge against inflation than bullion it appears .

This is one link for safron recipes
http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Herbs-...fron/main.aspx
As the weather here is warming up and soon will be in the 40c+ in a
while light meals with subtle tastes are the go
(along with fly proof outside eating areas )

You American folks dont have to put up with the insects like we do
(lucky buggers)
Its Mossie and Midge and sand fly season here ---------

The Flys here created an Aussie Icon named Louie the Fly one of the
best and enduring marketing campaigns ever over here
see http://www.mortein.com.au/louie_the_fly.php

Hence the great Aussie salute ,

As there are more Antipodeans coming in here this may help our
Northern colonial cousins with some of the idiom that gets used
in thier posts

http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html

Back to Food
http://www.oldaussierecipes.com/

Some of the recipes (see panel on the left of the page)
are very nice and in some instances unique to oz
see stuffed monkeys on this page http://www.oldaussierecipes.com/homemadecakes.htm
No not real monkeys mind you
But here is a tip from this site about stopping cakes going stale

Put a thick slice of bread in the crock or tin in which the cakes are
kept, and renew it every third day.

Many on here may like this site
enjoy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 16:50:11 -0800 (PST), Pits09 >
wrote:

> bought a lot back from country of Origin

Out of curiosity, which country is that? Several (3 in particular)
grow saffron for export. So, where have you traveled lately? And
lucky you to have been there, where ever it was.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 10, 11:21*am, sf > wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 16:50:11 -0800 (PST), Pits09 >
> wrote:
>
> > bought a lot back from country of Origin

> Out of curiosity, which country is that? *Several (3 in particular)
> grow saffron for export. *So, where have you traveled lately? *And
> lucky you to have been there, where ever it was.
>
> --
> I love cooking with wine.
> Sometimes I even put it in the food.

I said a mate bought it back . so not me .
However ,we here interact via various means with Kashmir Saffron
Growers Association
and they grow the worlds best imo

I have a plethora of saffron, so.... REC: Saffron and Almond Cake PeterLucas[_4_] General Cooking 7 04-10-2007 10:16 PM
Futures pricing Bill Wine 2 07-07-2004 10:24 PM
Anyone going for '03 Sauternes futures? Jaybert41 Wine 1 01-05-2004 01:06 PM
Futures and Bond Michael Bartlett Wine 3 11-03-2004 07:37 PM
Stratagy regarding '02 Bordeaux Futures Jaybert41 Wine 4 04-10-2003 01:13 AM