FoodBanter.com

-   -   IHOP "Dinner For Breakfast, Breakfast for Dinner" TV Commercial. (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/178664-ihop-dinner-breakfast-breakfast.html)

Andy[_15_] 06-11-2009 09:59 PM

IHOP "Dinner For Breakfast, Breakfast for Dinner" TV Commercial.

IHOP "Dinner For Breakfast, Breakfast for Dinner" TV Commercial.

They've taken my long standing approach!

To me, what was great was the voice over sounded like John Candy which
reminded me of the movie "Uncle Buck" which in turn reminded me of the
humongous four-feet wide stack o' birthday pancakes on the kitchen table
for his nephew, drowning in maple syrup with bricks of butter melting on
top.

I sensed a kreative connection.

I get the feeling it's just getting around to playing Philly TV. Still...
it was a fun brainquake.

Andy

Food SnobŪ[_2_] 06-11-2009 10:06 PM

On Nov 6, 2:59*pm, Andy > wrote:
> IHOP "Dinner For Breakfast, Breakfast for Dinner" TV Commercial.
>
> They've taken my long standing approach!
>
> To me, what was great was the voice over sounded like John Candy which
> reminded me of the movie "Uncle Buck" which in turn reminded me of the
> humongous four-feet wide stack o' birthday pancakes on the kitchen table
> for his nephew, drowning in maple syrup *with bricks of butter melting on
> top.

IHOP's food is crappy, and it's just the kind of stuff that an Uncle
Buck type would gorge on, then seriously stink up the family bathroom.

> Andy

--Bryan

Andy[_15_] 06-11-2009 10:27 PM

IHOP "Dinner For Breakfast, Breakfast for Dinner" TV Commercial.

Food SnobŪ > wrote in news:c79dbb8d-a3f9-4889-
:

> On Nov 6, 2:59*pm, Andy > wrote:
>> IHOP "Dinner For Breakfast, Breakfast for Dinner" TV Commercial.
>>
>> They've taken my long standing approach!
>>
>> To me, what was great was the voice over sounded like John Candy which
>> reminded me of the movie "Uncle Buck" which in turn reminded me of the
>> humongous four-feet wide stack o' birthday pancakes on the kitchen

table
>> for his nephew, drowning in maple syrup *with bricks of butter melting

> on
>> top.

> IHOP's food is crappy, and it's just the kind of stuff that an Uncle
> Buck type would gorge on, then seriously stink up the family bathroom.
>>
>> Andy

> --Bryan

You can say THAT again!!!

Too bad about John Candy. He shouldn't have rested his laurels on his
obesity.

Imho,

Andy

sf[_9_] 07-11-2009 03:57 AM

IHOP "Dinner For Breakfast, Breakfast for Dinner" TV Commercial.

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:06:17 -0800 (PST), Food SnobŪ
> wrote:

>IHOP's food is crappy, and it's just the kind of stuff that an Uncle
>Buck type would gorge on, then seriously stink up the family bathroom.

I don't go there now. Not out of ideology, but because I don't go to
parties that end at 3AM very often these days and if they do, the host
has food. It used to be good, but I was young and I wasn't paying
attention to what I was eating anyway.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Andy[_15_] 07-11-2009 04:22 AM

IHOP "Dinner For Breakfast, Breakfast for Dinner" TV Commercial.

sf > wrote in news:m7o9f5tdp4o1cqj38jir4ohuruu6tdjsf6@
4ax.com:

> On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:06:17 -0800 (PST), Food SnobŪ
> > wrote:
>
>>IHOP's food is crappy, and it's just the kind of stuff that an Uncle
>>Buck type would gorge on, then seriously stink up the family bathroom.

> I don't go there now. Not out of ideology, but because I don't go to
> parties that end at 3AM very often these days and if they do, the host
> has food. It used to be good, but I was young and I wasn't paying
> attention to what I was eating anyway.

sf,

IHOP left town about 3 years ago.

I wasn't a big fan.

In there place is a bakery called Panera Bread. Whatever they're all
about I dunno.

Best,

Andy

sf[_9_] 07-11-2009 04:36 AM

On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 21:22:04 -0600, Andy > wrote:

>IHOP left town about 3 years ago.
>
>I wasn't a big fan.

I just drove past that Fudruckers I mentioned which has been next to
Century 21 since it opened. There was a big sign in a window that
said "Available". Guess they closed, but I don't know when.

Andy[_15_] 07-11-2009 01:50 PM

IHOP "Dinner For Breakfast, Breakfast for Dinner" TV Commercial.

sf > wrote in news:g6q9f51qfms07lb22rcvlfumd1n9438fdr@
4ax.com:

> On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 21:22:04 -0600, Andy > wrote:
>
>>IHOP left town about 3 years ago.
>>
>>I wasn't a big fan.

> I just drove past that Fudruckers I mentioned which has been next to
> Century 21 since it opened. There was a big sign in a window that
> said "Available". Guess they closed, but I don't know when.

For me, just the name only, "Fuddruckers", in my mind's eye, read it as
"****ers".

That's mainly why I never liked the place. What's in a name? Eh?

Andy

Bob Muncie 07-11-2009 02:09 PM

Andy wrote:
> sf > wrote in news:g6q9f51qfms07lb22rcvlfumd1n9438fdr@
> 4ax.com:
>
>> On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 21:22:04 -0600, Andy > wrote:
>>
>>> IHOP left town about 3 years ago.
>>>
>>> I wasn't a big fan.

>> I just drove past that Fudruckers I mentioned which has been next to
>> Century 21 since it opened. There was a big sign in a window that
>> said "Available". Guess they closed, but I don't know when.

> For me, just the name only, "Fuddruckers", in my mind's eye, read it as
> "****ers".
>
> That's mainly why I never liked the place. What's in a name? Eh?
>
> Andy

I hope you get past that, and try their burger & fries... just don't do
it on a week-end night. :-)

Andy[_15_] 07-11-2009 02:17 PM

IHOP "Dinner For Breakfast, Breakfast for Dinner" TV Commercial.

Bob Muncie > wrote in news:hd3rir$m5v$2
@news.eternal-september.org:

> Andy wrote:
>> sf > wrote in news:g6q9f51qfms07lb22rcvlfumd1n9438fdr@
>> 4ax.com:

>>> I just drove past that Fudruckers I mentioned which has been next to
>>> Century 21 since it opened. There was a big sign in a window that
>>> said "Available". Guess they closed, but I don't know when.

>> For me, just the name only, "Fuddruckers", in my mind's eye, read it

as
>> "****ers".
>>
>> That's mainly why I never liked the place. What's in a name? Eh?
>>
>> Andy

> I hope you get past that, and try their burger & fries... just don't do
> it on a week-end night. :-)

Bob,

Heh heh heh!

They had a short life in Springfield, PA. Gone since over a decade ago.

I'd try them again somewhere else, given the planets line up just right,
etc., etc. ;)

Best,

Andy

--Bryan 07-11-2009 03:50 PM

On Nov 6, 9:22*pm, Andy > wrote:
> sf > wrote in news:m7o9f5tdp4o1cqj38jir4ohuruu6tdjsf6@
> 4ax.com:
>
> > On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:06:17 -0800 (PST), Food SnobŪ
> > > wrote:

> >>IHOP's food is crappy, and it's just the kind of stuff that an Uncle
> >>Buck type would gorge on, then seriously stink up the family bathroom.

> > I don't go there now. *Not out of ideology, but because I don't go to
> > parties that end at 3AM very often these days and if they do, the host
> > has food. *It used to be good, but I was young and I wasn't paying
> > attention to what I was eating anyway.

> sf,
>
> IHOP left town about 3 years ago.
>
> I wasn't a big fan.
>
> In there place is a bakery called Panera Bread. Whatever they're all
> about I dunno.

Their headquarters is right here in Richmond Heights, Missouri.
My wife and son eat at Panera pretty often, but here in StL they are
branded St. Louis Bread Company.
I like their pastries.

> Best,
>
> Andy

--Bryan

Andy[_15_] 07-11-2009 03:57 PM

IHOP "Dinner For Breakfast, Breakfast for Dinner" TV Commercial.

--Bryan > wrote in news:9e9782ba-90e0-4246-9b49-
:

> On Nov 6, 9:22*pm, Andy > wrote:
>> sf > wrote in

> @
>> 4ax.com:
>>
>> > On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:06:17 -0800 (PST), Food SnobŪ

bathroom.

>> > I don't go there now. *Not out of ideology, but because I don't go

>> > parties that end at 3AM very often these days and if they do, the

host
>> > has food. *It used to be good, but I was young and I wasn't paying
>> > attention to what I was eating anyway.

>> sf,
>>
>> IHOP left town about 3 years ago.
>>
>> I wasn't a big fan.
>>
>> In there place is a bakery called Panera Bread. Whatever they're all
>> about I dunno.

> Their headquarters is right here in Richmond Heights, Missouri.
> My wife and son eat at Panera pretty often, but here in StL they are
> branded St. Louis Bread Company.
> I like their pastries.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Andy

> --Bryan

Bryan,

I had no idea they were a restaurant.

Will try. Thanks!

Best,

Andy

--Bryan 07-11-2009 04:30 PM

On Nov 7, 8:57*am, Andy > wrote:
> --Bryan > wrote in news:9e9782ba-90e0-4246-9b49-
> :
>
> > On Nov 6, 9:22*pm, Andy > wrote:
> >> sf > wrote in

> > @
> >> 4ax.com:

> bathroom.

> host

> >> sf,

> >> IHOP left town about 3 years ago.

> >> I wasn't a big fan.

> >> In there place is a bakery called Panera Bread. Whatever they're all
> >> about I dunno.

> > Their headquarters is right here in Richmond Heights, Missouri.
> > My wife and son eat at Panera pretty often, but here in StL they are
> > branded St. Louis Bread Company.
> > I like their pastries.

> >> Best,

> >> Andy

> > --Bryan

> Bryan,
>
> I had no idea they were a restaurant.
>
> Will try. Thanks!

You can get alfalfa sprouts on your turkey sandwich.

> Best,
>
> Andy

--Bryan

sf[_9_] 07-11-2009 05:52 PM

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 06:50:40 -0600, Andy > wrote:

>For me, just the name only, "Fuddruckers", in my mind's eye, read it as
>"****ers".

I think that was the vague idea in some yuppie corporate mind. Oooo,
racy and funny <giggle>. Not.

>That's mainly why I never liked the place. What's in a name? Eh?

I never stepped foot in the place, now there's no chance. Not that I
feel bad about it. I thought the name was stupid enough that it
should have died a long time ago, but deep pockets in corporate kept
it alive or more than likely they slowly bled it to death before
finally putting it out of it's misery.

sf[_9_] 07-11-2009 05:57 PM

IHOP "Dinner For Breakfast, Breakfast for Dinner" TV Commercial.

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 07:30:22 -0800 (PST), --Bryan >
wrote:

>You can get alfalfa sprouts on your turkey sandwich.

If I can get an avocado, cheese and sprout sandwich on multigrain
bread, that would be even better. :)

Andy[_15_] 07-11-2009 06:23 PM

IHOP "Dinner For Breakfast, Breakfast for Dinner" TV Commercial.

sf :

> On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 07:30:22 -0800 (PST), --Bryan >
> wrote:
>>
>>You can get alfalfa sprouts on your turkey sandwich.
>>>

> If I can get an avocado, cheese and sprout sandwich on multigrain
> bread, that would be even better. :)

sf,

We can sniff out anything + avocado, cheese, sprout multigrain bread
sandwiches from outer space! We've done it before! We can do it again! ;)

Best,

Andrew

gloria.p 07-11-2009 07:12 PM

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> How 'bout this one... There's a small leather shop in Greenwich Village
> that carries absolutely wonderful merchandise. The name? "The Cow's
> Outside" Many years ago there was a small furrier (now defunct) in
> Greenwich Village call, "My Coat is Your Coat".
>
> What's in a name? :-)

I used to send outgrown kids' clothes to a consignment shop
called "Shirt Off My Back". There's a yuppie ice cream shop in
my home town called "Scoops". Our favorite restaurant at a
private airport is called "The Perfect Landing".

I've often thought a good name for a Kosher deli in a non-Jewish
area would be "No, We Don't Sell Ham." because some people are
so clueless.

gloria p

sf[_9_] 07-11-2009 07:22 PM

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 11:23:01 -0600, Andy > wrote:

>We can sniff out anything + avocado, cheese, sprout multigrain bread
>sandwiches from outer space! We've done it before! We can do it again! ;)
>
>Best,
>
>Andrew

Greetings, space man! Welcome to Earth.

;)

Andy[_15_] 07-11-2009 08:04 PM

IHOP "Dinner For Breakfast, Breakfast for Dinner" TV Commercial.

sf > wrote in news:dmebf5l5vs9ktaioq2vvas4nsvb3qd043u@
4ax.com:

> On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 11:23:01 -0600, Andy > wrote:
>
>>We can sniff out anything + avocado, cheese, sprout multigrain bread
>>sandwiches from outer space! We've done it before! We can do it again!

;)

>>Best,
>>
>>Andrew

> Greetings, space man! Welcome to Earth.

Want to run a few light years away from Earth with me? The food is
totally bitchin'!

All you can eat and not get fat!

Andrew

Chemo the Clown 07-11-2009 08:36 PM

Excellent! http://www.panerabread.com/ but probably too good for you.

sf[_9_] 07-11-2009 09:31 PM

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 13:04:17 -0600, Andy > wrote:

>All you can eat and not get fat!

I can't say that, but I bet I would weigh a thing!

John Kuthe[_2_] 07-11-2009 10:06 PM

On Nov 6, 9:22*pm, Andy > wrote:
> sf > wrote in news:m7o9f5tdp4o1cqj38jir4ohuruu6tdjsf6@
> 4ax.com:
>
> > On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:06:17 -0800 (PST), Food SnobŪ
> > > wrote:

> >>IHOP's food is crappy, and it's just the kind of stuff that an Uncle
> >>Buck type would gorge on, then seriously stink up the family bathroom.

> > I don't go there now. *Not out of ideology, but because I don't go to
> > parties that end at 3AM very often these days and if they do, the host
> > has food. *It used to be good, but I was young and I wasn't paying
> > attention to what I was eating anyway.

> sf,
>
> IHOP left town about 3 years ago.
>
> I wasn't a big fan.
>
> In there place is a bakery called Panera Bread. Whatever they're all
> about I dunno.

What Panera Bread is about is good food! Great bread, and yummy other
stuff too. But beware, as I always talk about with a buddy of mine who
works R&D for Panera, "this is NOT diet food!"

I just rode my bicycle down to a local Saint Louis Bread CO this AM
(that's what Panera was called when they started here in Saint Louis,
and they retained the name but only in Saint Louis) to buy my usual 2#
loaf of Sourdough bread. Great stuff! It's my staple bread. Not cheap,
a little over $4 for a 2# loaf, but it's great bread.

John Kuthe...

Andy[_15_] 07-11-2009 11:02 PM

IHOP "Dinner For Breakfast, Breakfast for Dinner" TV Commercial.

John Kuthe > wrote in news:f99dca59-c6d8-4c18-8f72-
:

> On Nov 6, 9:22*pm, Andy > wrote:
>> sf > wrote in

> @
>> 4ax.com:
>>
>> > On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:06:17 -0800 (PST), Food SnobŪ

bathroom.

>> > I don't go there now. *Not out of ideology, but because I don't go

>> > parties that end at 3AM very often these days and if they do, the

host
>> > has food. *It used to be good, but I was young and I wasn't paying
>> > attention to what I was eating anyway.

>> sf,
>>
>> IHOP left town about 3 years ago.
>>
>> I wasn't a big fan.
>>
>> In there place is a bakery called Panera Bread. Whatever they're all
>> about I dunno.

> What Panera Bread is about is good food! Great bread, and yummy other
> stuff too. But beware, as I always talk about with a buddy of mine who
> works R&D for Panera, "this is NOT diet food!"
>
> I just rode my bicycle down to a local Saint Louis Bread CO this AM
> (that's what Panera was called when they started here in Saint Louis,
> and they retained the name but only in Saint Louis) to buy my usual 2#
> loaf of Sourdough bread. Great stuff! It's my staple bread. Not cheap,
> a little over $4 for a 2# loaf, but it's great bread.
>
> John Kuthe...

John,

I will have to try, as I said before.

My only gripes are, they sure picked the worst space in the strip mall,
limiting traffic to one way from a poor direction (I should take a
picture to paint a clearer picture). That and as much as I enjoy
sourdough, if it ain't from San Francisco, I feel cheated.

Best,

Andy

Golden One 09-11-2009 04:02 AM

On Nov 7, 11:57*am, sf > wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:06:17 -0800 (PST), Food SnobŪ
>
> > wrote:
> >IHOP's food is crappy, and it's just the kind of stuff that an Uncle
> >Buck type would gorge on, then seriously stink up the family bathroom.

> I don't go there now. *Not out of ideology, but because I don't go to
> parties that end at 3AM very often these days and if they do, the host
> has food. *It used to be good, but I was young and I wasn't paying
> attention to what I was eating anyway.

My youngest son had his 25th birthday party on Saturday night. He and
his wife fell alseep on the couch somewhere around 1AM while their
friends continued partying. They have two small children :-)

JB