Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Kitchen 'fear', and how to overcome it..

http://thestonesoup.com/blog/

I started reading this girls blog after reading an article about her in
the (online) paper.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,26316798-2,00.html

She's after a table buddy for a meal at the "worlds best restaurant"... El
Bulli in Spain.

"Such is the demand for a seat at chef Ferran Adria's Spanish foodie mecca
that a reservation for two was posted for sale on eBay recently, with a
starting price of $1640 - the meal price excluded.

The lucky winner of Clancy's competition will have to meet their own costs
in getting to the restaurant, plus go Dutch on the final bill.

The set food menu costs about $A400 per person, but could cost more
"depending on how crazy you go with wine," Clancy said.

"I think it's pretty reasonable."

For her part, Clancy said she offers good table manners ("my mum would be
proud") and the passion to share and enjoy "the food experience of a
lifetime".

"I'd like to take someone who is easy-going, fun, witty and wants to enjoy
the experience as much as I do," she said.

With El Bulli only opened between April and December, competition for a
table is fierce, with restaurant staff fielding over two million requests
on the one day they take bookings for the year ahead."

She's very easy on the eye, but for that sort of cost you'd wanna hope the
food was good!!!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

If we are not meant to eat animals,
why are they made of meat?

Fear Factor for 5th Graders merryb General Cooking 78 19-06-2009 10:09 PM
OT Fear Dimitri General Cooking 75 25-02-2009 10:36 PM
How to overcome the negative perceptions of coupon redemption [email protected][_1_] General Cooking 6 19-09-2008 05:47 PM
Fear Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD General Cooking 19 20-03-2006 12:15 PM
You can overcome it too!!! Melchisedek Diabetic 1 12-01-2004 02:05 PM