Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

Default Fort Hood Shooting

Major Nidal Malik Hasan

Case closed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

Pete wrote:

> Major Nidal Malik Hasan
>
> Case closed.

WTF does this have to do with F1?

--
Paul-B
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

On Nov 6, 12:54*pm, "Pete" > wrote:
> Major Nidal Malik Hasan
>
> Case closed.

My, what a well researched and thought provoking stance.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

On Nov 6, 7:03*am, Mike > wrote:
> On Nov 6, 12:54*pm, "Pete" > wrote:
>
> > Major Nidal Malik Hasan

> > Case closed.

> My, what a well researched and thought provoking stance.

Tim McVeigh was a Muslim too.

Wasn't he?

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

On Nov 6, 1:16*pm, --Bryan > wrote:
> On Nov 6, 7:03*am, Mike > wrote:
>
> > On Nov 6, 12:54*pm, "Pete" > wrote:

> > > Major Nidal Malik Hasan

> > > Case closed.

> > My, what a well researched and thought provoking stance.

> Tim McVeigh was a Muslim too.
>
> Wasn't he?

Was he?
He /was/ a deeply disturbed individual.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

--Bryan wrote:

> On Nov 6, 7:03*am, Mike > wrote:
> > On Nov 6, 12:54*pm, "Pete" > wrote:
> >
> > > Major Nidal Malik Hasan

> > > Case closed.

> > My, what a well researched and thought provoking stance.

> Tim McVeigh was a Muslim too.
>
> Wasn't he?

So was Richard Speck...

--
Paul-B
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 6, 7:28*am, "Paul-B" > wrote:
> --Bryan wrote:

> > > My, what a well researched and thought provoking stance.

> > Tim McVeigh was a Muslim too.

> > Wasn't he?

> So was Richard Speck...

And Charles Manson, John Wilkes Booth and the Unibomber too. All
freakin' Muslims.

> --
> Paul-B

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

On Nov 6, 6:54*am, "Pete" > wrote:
> Major Nidal Malik Hasan
>
> Case closed.

"At least six months ago, Hasan came to the attention of law
enforcement officials because of Internet postings about suicide
bombings and other threats, including posts that equated suicide
bombers to soldiers who throw themselves on a grenade to save the
lives of their comrades."
source-- http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_fort_h...ooting_suspect

While I strongly disagree with the ideologies of the current crop of
suicide bombers, I don't really see much difference in the morality of
the technique as opposed to, say, US drone attacks in Pakistan. Both
often cause collateral civilian deaths. That said, whatever the
technique, I like the idea of exterminating every one of those al
Qaeda types from the face of the Earth. It's just that I understand
how they'd feel the same way about me.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

"Andy Pandy" > wrote in message

> "Pete" > wrote in message
>> Major Nidal Malik Hasan
>>
>> Case closed.

> We were discussing this at our fireworks party last night. A few of us
> agreed that it was likely to have been a Muslim(s) (with a survivalist
> loony as an outside chance) - but one person strongly objected to this. So
> we got him to put his money where his mouth is - we each (6 of us) bet him
> a tenner that it was a Muslim. He said to make it £20! So he'll have to
> find £120 today!
>
> Someone else pointed out it was a sick thing to be betting about so we
> agreed the winnings would go to charity. I think mine'll go the British
> Legion what with the time of year and the military connection... may get
> 20 poppies...
>
> --
> Andy

Maybe not sick Andy, people see the light in most things. I admire your
charity convictions.
CF

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 12:54:28 +0000 (UTC), "Pete" >
wrote:

>Major Nidal Malik Hasan
>
>Case closed.

The guy was not playing with a full deck.

You must be just like that red blooded Republican politician who said
he was quoting the Constitution when he really quoted the Preamble to
the Declaration of Independence yesterday.

Case closed.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 05:48:03 -0800 (PST), Food Snob®
> wrote:

>I like the idea of exterminating every one of those al
>Qaeda types from the face of the Earth. It's just that I understand
>how they'd feel the same way about me.

I agree with the al Qaeda sentiment, but there is no evidence yet that
he's connected. So far he's just a nutcase.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 05:58:18 -0800 (PST), Food Snob®
> wrote:

>I used to follow all my sigs with "For your safety and protection,
>this
>sig. file has been thoroughly tested on laboratory animals."

HALT. Truth in advertising alert! It has been thoroughly tested on
rfc, not on lab animals.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:56:03 -0000, "Andy Pandy"
> wrote:

>Someone else pointed out it was a sick thing to be betting about so we
>agreed the winnings would go to charity. I think mine'll go the British
>Legion what with the time of year and the military connection... may get 20
>poppies...

My husbands comment was to this: If the guy turns out to be
Muslim.... <whistling sound>. Meaning, the law-abiding part of the
Muslim community doesn't need any more bad publicity about Muslims
right now and all hell will break loose from nut jobs who only expect
the worse out of people who are different.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

"Pete" > wrote ...
> Major Nidal Malik Hasan
>
> Case closed.

can you spell "false flag"...

yeah, that's what I thought...

case closed...

FB

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mike" > wrote in message
On Nov 6, 1:16 pm, --Bryan > wrote:
> On Nov 6, 7:03 am, Mike > wrote:
>
> > On Nov 6, 12:54 pm, "Pete" > wrote:

> > > Major Nidal Malik Hasan

> > > Case closed.

> > My, what a well researched and thought provoking stance.

> Tim McVeigh was a Muslim too.
>
> Wasn't he?

Was he?
He /was/ a deeply disturbed individual.

Tim McVeigh was raised Roman Catholic. So based on this theory all Roman
Catholics are plotting to blow up federal installations. Ft. Hood, like the
Murro Bldg. was attacked by an individual with demons in his head that he
chose to listen to.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 05:48:03 -0800 (PST), Food Snob®
> > wrote:
>
>> I like the idea of exterminating every one of those al
>> Qaeda types from the face of the Earth. It's just that I understand
>> how they'd feel the same way about me.

> I agree with the al Qaeda sentiment, but there is no evidence yet that
> he's connected. So far he's just a nutcase.

The really sad thing is that the guy is a psychiatrist, presumably one
of the guys whose job it was to help the troops with the mental problems
faced by fighting men and women.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 6, 11:18*am, sf > wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 05:58:18 -0800 (PST), Food Snob®
>
> > wrote:
> >I used to follow all my sigs with "For your safety and protection,
> >this
> >sig. file has been thoroughly tested on laboratory animals."

> HALT. *Truth in advertising alert! *It has been thoroughly tested on
> rfc, not on lab animals.

Even worse. It was tested on alt.punk.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

Halmyre wrote:

> In article >, says...
> > Major Nidal Malik Hasan

> Natural born US citizen.

And a psychiatrist. Often, mentally disturbed people
go into psychiatry because they're interested in their
own problems.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

Pete wrote:

> Major Nidal Malik Hasan
>
> Case closed.

I was thinking about this case and then came the another shooting in
Florida to confirm my initial beliefs. Now I'm not a U S of A citizen,
but I have a clear vision of how humankind works. If the US army is ever
going to recover their credibility they must follow these guidelines
from now on: Accept only:

1: Christians or atheists, as other religions are there only to build up
hate and rage against the good people.
2: White people, accept minorities only if their families have been in
the country for more than four generations, and there is no mental
illnesses or criminality in the family.
3: Heterosexual males, which means no females or homosexuals, so there
would be no sexual tension in the army.

This is the only way US army can have any success abroad, and this is
the way I'm going to preach from now on. Amen and may God bless you good
folks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> My husbands comment was to this: If the guy turns out to be
> Muslim.... <whistling sound>.

According to this morning's report he is indeed a devout Muslim.

> Meaning, the law-abiding part of the
> Muslim community doesn't need any more bad publicity about Muslims
> right now and all hell will break loose from nut jobs who only expect
> the worse out of people who are different.

Exactly. A couple of years ago there was the nut case in Buffalo who
worked doing PR getting people to think of Muslims as just folks in the
neighborhood and office, and then he cut his wife's head off in an honor
killing. Extremely bad publicity.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

In article >, [email protected] says...
> Pete wrote:
>
> > Major Nidal Malik Hasan
> >
> > Case closed.

> I was thinking about this case and then came the another shooting in
> Florida to confirm my initial beliefs. Now I'm not a U S of A citizen,
> but I have a clear vision of how humankind works. If the US army is ever
> going to recover their credibility they must follow these guidelines
> from now on: Accept only:
>
> 1: Christians or atheists, as other religions are there only to build up
> hate and rage against the good people.
> 2: White people, accept minorities only if their families have been in
> the country for more than four generations, and there is no mental
> illnesses or criminality in the family.
> 3: Heterosexual males, which means no females or homosexuals, so there
> would be no sexual tension in the army.
>
> This is the only way US army can have any success abroad, and this is
> the way I'm going to preach from now on. Amen and may God bless you good
> folks.

I assume irony here?

--
Halmyre

This is the most powerful sigfile in the world and will probably blow your
head clean off.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

Halmyre wrote:
> In article >, [email protected] says...
>> Pete wrote:
>>
>>> Major Nidal Malik Hasan
>>>
>>> Case closed.

>> I was thinking about this case and then came the another shooting in
>> Florida to confirm my initial beliefs. Now I'm not a U S of A citizen,
>> but I have a clear vision of how humankind works. If the US army is ever
>> going to recover their credibility they must follow these guidelines
>> from now on: Accept only:
>>
>> 1: Christians or atheists, as other religions are there only to build up
>> hate and rage against the good people.
>> 2: White people, accept minorities only if their families have been in
>> the country for more than four generations, and there is no mental
>> illnesses or criminality in the family.
>> 3: Heterosexual males, which means no females or homosexuals, so there
>> would be no sexual tension in the army.
>>
>> This is the only way US army can have any success abroad, and this is
>> the way I'm going to preach from now on. Amen and may God bless you good
>> folks.
>>

> I assume irony here?

From Finland, probably yes. I certainly hop so.

--

Chris

Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

mower man wrote:
> Halmyre wrote:

>>> I was thinking about this case and then came the another shooting in
>>> Florida to confirm my initial beliefs. Now I'm not a U S of A
>>> citizen, but I have a clear vision of how humankind works. If the US
>>> army is ever going to recover their credibility they must follow
>>> these guidelines from now on: Accept only:
>>>
>>> 1: Christians or atheists, as other religions are there only to build
>>> up hate and rage against the good people.
>>> 2: White people, accept minorities only if their families have been
>>> in the country for more than four generations, and there is no mental
>>> illnesses or criminality in the family.
>>> 3: Heterosexual males, which means no females or homosexuals, so
>>> there would be no sexual tension in the army.
>>>
>>> This is the only way US army can have any success abroad, and this is
>>> the way I'm going to preach from now on. Amen and may God bless you
>>> good folks.
>>>

>> I assume irony here?
>>

> From Finland, probably yes. I certainly hop so.

Or even HOPE so?

--

Chris

Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

mower man wrote:
> Halmyre wrote:

>>> I was thinking about this case and then came the another shooting in
>>> Florida to confirm my initial beliefs. Now I'm not a U S of A
>>> citizen, but I have a clear vision of how humankind works. If the US
>>> army is ever going to recover their credibility they must follow
>>> these guidelines from now on: Accept only:
>>>
>>> 1: Christians or atheists, as other religions are there only to build
>>> up hate and rage against the good people.
>>> 2: White people, accept minorities only if their families have been
>>> in the country for more than four generations, and there is no mental
>>> illnesses or criminality in the family.
>>> 3: Heterosexual males, which means no females or homosexuals, so
>>> there would be no sexual tension in the army.
>>>
>>> This is the only way US army can have any success abroad, and this is
>>> the way I'm going to preach from now on. Amen and may God bless you
>>> good folks.
>>>

>> I assume irony here?
>>

> From Finland, probably yes. I certainly hop so.

Bugger me - just realised I've been cross posting by replying. SORRY!....

--

Chris

Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

mower man wrote:

> From Finland, probably yes. I certainly hop so.

I don't even have an ironing board. I tried unsuccesfully to crosspost
my excellent analisation to as many political groups I could find, but
my trusty Thunderbird failed me. It's much wiser than I am, you see.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, "Virginia
Tadrzynski" > wrote:
>"Mike" > wrote in message
>On Nov 6, 1:16 pm, --Bryan > wrote:

>> > My, what a well researched and thought provoking stance.

>> Tim McVeigh was a Muslim too.
>>
>> Wasn't he?

>Was he?
>He /was/ a deeply disturbed individual.
>
>Tim McVeigh was raised Roman Catholic. So based on this theory all Roman
>Catholics are plotting to blow up federal installations. Ft. Hood, like the
>Murro Bldg. was attacked by an individual with demons in his head that he
>chose to listen to.

Can we assume that, like plumbers have leaking taps, all psychiatrists
are nuts?

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

"mower man" > skrev i melding
> Halmyre wrote:

>>> I was thinking about this case and then came the another shooting in
>>> Florida to confirm my initial beliefs. Now I'm not a U S of A citizen,
>>> but I have a clear vision of how humankind works. If the US army is ever
>>> going to recover their credibility they must follow these guidelines
>>> from now on: Accept only:
>>>
>>> 1: Christians or atheists, as other religions are there only to build up
>>> hate and rage against the good people.
>>> 2: White people, accept minorities only if their families have been in
>>> the country for more than four generations, and there is no mental
>>> illnesses or criminality in the family.
>>> 3: Heterosexual males, which means no females or homosexuals, so there
>>> would be no sexual tension in the army.
>>>
>>> This is the only way US army can have any success abroad, and this is
>>> the way I'm going to preach from now on. Amen and may God bless you good
>>> folks.
>>>

>> I assume irony here?
>>

> From Finland, probably yes. I certainly hop so.

I can barley believe you said that.
Doc

> --
>
> Chris
>
> I am not young enough to know everything.
> Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

"mower man" > skrev i melding
> mower man wrote:
>> Halmyre wrote:
>>> In article >, [email protected] says...

>>> I assume irony here?
>>>

>> From Finland, probably yes. I certainly hop so.
>>

> Or even HOPE so?

Aw, shucks...debate blown into the weeds ;o)
Doc

> --
>
> Chris
>
> I am not young enough to know everything.
> Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

On 2009-11-07, Doc Knutsen <doc@cheekracingDOTcom> wrote:

> "mower man" > skrev i melding
>> From Finland, probably yes. I certainly hop so.

> I can barley believe you said that.

Are we going to be fielding a new crop of puns?

http://youtube.com/tarcus69
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 19:58:33 +1100, Ian Rawlings >
wrote:

> On 2009-11-07, Doc Knutsen <doc@cheekracingDOTcom> wrote:
>
>> "mower man" > skrev i melding
>>> From Finland, probably yes. I certainly hop so.

>> I can barley believe you said that.

> Are we going to be fielding a new crop of puns?

Please gentlemen. Such froth.
--
Cheers,
Dave

Don't touch me unless you love me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

David Melville wrote

> Please gentlemen. Such froth.

The woman, a Ft. Worth Police Sargent (a civilian) named Kimberly Munley, who
took the perp on, took him out, and took rounds, is the hero.

I don't know what else to say.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

"David Melville" > skrev i melding
newsp.u20p6uh1h6mygt@david-desktop...
> On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 19:58:33 +1100, Ian Rawlings >
> wrote:
>
>> On 2009-11-07, Doc Knutsen <doc@cheekracingDOTcom> wrote:
>>
>>> "mower man" > skrev i melding
>>>
>>> I can barley believe you said that.

>> Are we going to be fielding a new crop of puns?
>>

> Please gentlemen. Such froth.

Wheat do you mean?
Doc

> --
> Cheers,
> Dave
>
> Don't touch me unless you love me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

Doc Knutsen wrote:
> "David Melville" > skrev i melding
> newsp.u20p6uh1h6mygt@david-desktop...
>> On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 19:58:33 +1100, Ian Rawlings >
>> wrote:

>>> Are we going to be fielding a new crop of puns?
>>>

>> Please gentlemen. Such froth.

> Wheat do you mean?
> Doc

I'm a maized.

--

Chris

Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

On 6 Nov, 19:12, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> Halmyre wrote:
>
> > In article >, says...
> > > Major Nidal Malik Hasan

> > Natural born US citizen.

> And a psychiatrist. *Often, mentally disturbed people
> go into psychiatry because they're interested in their
> own problems.

Our neighbour - a psychaitrist - got regular debriefs by others in her
circle and she did the same to them as it was found the best way to
keep them sane seeing the depressing stories they often heard. Even
then she began to drink, became a secret but bottle of vodka and tow
of wine a day drunk and finally died from the drink. Being a
psychaitrist can be a high risk (of going nutty) profession.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 11:33:13 +0000, mower man wrote:
> Doc Knutsen wrote:
>> "David Melville" > skrev i melding
>> newsp.u20p6uh1h6mygt@david-desktop...

>>> Please gentlemen. Such froth.

>> Wheat do you mean?
>> Doc

> I'm a maized.

That's so corny
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 21:16:35 +1100, Berf > wrote:

> David Melville wrote
>> >

>> Please gentlemen. Such froth.
>>

> The woman, a Ft. Worth Police Sargent (a civilian) named Kimberly
> Munley, who
> took the perp on, took him out, and took rounds, is the hero.
>
> I don't know what else to say.

How is a police sargent (sic) a civilian (sic)?

Although a agree with you. But I'd change 'the' to 'a'.
--
Cheers,
Dave

Don't touch me unless you love me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 22:22:34 +1100, Doc Knutsen <doc@cheekracingdotcom>
wrote:

> "David Melville" > skrev i melding
> newsp.u20p6uh1h6mygt@david-desktop...
>> On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 19:58:33 +1100, Ian Rawlings >
>> wrote:

>>> Are we going to be fielding a new crop of puns?
>>>

>> Please gentlemen. Such froth.

> Wheat do you mean?
> Doc

No, no... Wort do /you/ mead?

--
Cheers,
Dave

Don't touch me unless you love me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.autos.sport.f1,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.food+drink.misc

Doppel********..... more than just your average ********.

Fort Jackson Chicken Duckie ® Recipes 0 03-06-2006 03:07 PM
Fort Meyers FL Mike Beede Restaurants 1 10-10-2005 07:32 PM
mounting under-cabinet range hood as free standing range hood? [email protected] Cooking Equipment 2 11-04-2005 11:11 PM
mounting under-cabinet range hood as free standing range hood? [email protected] Cooking Equipment 0 11-04-2005 02:32 AM
Fort Lauderdale Dining frk040 Restaurants 0 14-03-2004 11:07 PM