Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Geez it's Cold Breakfast!!!

Geez it's Cold Breakfast!!!

36F. outdoors.

Might I suggest a p&s m&c?

That's plain and simple mac and cheese and a fair dose of cayenne pepper.

You?

Andy
With slippers on!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 4, 7:04*am, Andy > wrote:
> Geez it's Cold Breakfast!!!
>
> 36F. outdoors.
>
> Might I suggest a p&s m&c?
>
> That's plain and simple mac and cheese and a fair dose of cayenne pepper.
>
> You?

Three way cereal. Oatmeal, cream of wheat and grits. I toss in
applesauce, cinnamon and yogurt to give it some taste.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kalmia > wrote in
:

> On Nov 4, 7:04*am, Andy > wrote:
>> Geez it's Cold Breakfast!!!
>>
>> 36F. outdoors.
>>
>> Might I suggest a p&s m&c?
>>
>> That's plain and simple mac and cheese and a fair dose of cayenne
>> pepper.
>>
>> You?

> Three way cereal. Oatmeal, cream of wheat and grits. I toss in
> applesauce, cinnamon and yogurt to give it some taste.

Mornin' Kalmia

Does that end up hot or cold?

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 4, 7:04*am, Andy > wrote:
> Geez it's Cold Breakfast!!!
>
> 36F. outdoors.
>
> Might I suggest a p&s m&c?
>
> That's plain and simple mac and cheese and a fair dose of cayenne pepper.
>
> You?
>
> Andy
> With slippers on!!!

One empire apple. A handful of raspberries.
Yesterday, my breakfast was much more exciting. Grilled cheese(swiss
style processed cheese) on multigrain bread. Served with a side of
ketchup for a bit of dipping.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Geez it's Cold Breakfast!!!
>
> 36F. outdoors.
>
> Might I suggest a p&s m&c?
>
> That's plain and simple mac and cheese and a fair dose of cayenne
> pepper.
>
> You?
>
> Andy
> With slippers on!!!

Oatmeal...made with steel cut oats, splenda brown sugar blend and dried
fruit.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 4, 7:04*am, Andy > wrote:
> Geez it's Cold Breakfast!!!
>
> 36F. outdoors.

Shoot, Andy, that's nearly warm enough to open the windows.

I think it was a relatively balmy 31 F here. We've had very
little frost this fall.

I had Cheerios, walnuts, banana, and 2% milk.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

l, not -l wrote:
> On this weeks Rick Bayless show on PBS, his daughter offered up a mac &
> cheese that would warm you up:
> Salsa Mac and Cheese
> Serves 8
> Recipe from Season 7 of Mexico - One Plate at a Time
> Ingredients
>
> 2 tablespoons butter
> ¼ cup all-purpose flour
> 2 cups milk
> 1 1/2 to 2 cups Fire-Roasted Tomato Salsa or your favorite jarred salsa
> 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
> Salt
> 1 pound dried pasta (though elbow macaroni will do, I suggest you try
> cork-screw cavatappi or the spiral rotini or fusilli)
> Directions
>
> Pour 4 quarts of water into a large pot, cover and set over high heat.
>
> In a medium-size saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat, then stir in
> the flour and whisk until the mixture turns a deep golden, about 2 minutes.
> Add the milk and continue to whisk constantly until the mixture thickens and
> comes to a full boil, 4 or 5 minutes. (Whisk diligently and there will be
> no lumps.) Stir in the salsa, remove from the heat, then stir in cheese.
> Continue stirring until all the cheese has melted. Taste and season
> generously with salt, usually 1 1/2 teaspoons. Cover to keep warm until the
> pasta is done.
>
> When the water has come to a boil, add the dried pasta. Stir well to keep
> the pasta from sticking together and boil until the pasta is al dente, about
> 10 minutes. Drain thoroughly and add the pasta to the sauce. Stir until
> all the pasta is covered in the salsa cheese sauce. You’re ready to dig in.

My youngest son makes mac & cheese similar to this, but he uses tomatoes
with green chilis (Rotel is the name brand) instead of salsa, he also
adds chopped cilantro.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca > wrote

> My youngest son makes mac & cheese similar to this, but he uses
> tomatoes with green chilis (Rotel is the name brand) instead of salsa,
> he also adds chopped cilantro.
>

> Becca

I'd eat that!!!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Geez it's Cold Breakfast!!!
>36F. outdoors.

29ºF early this morning... 46ºF now.

Cold Breakfast here too!!!

Freshly baked (4 hours ago) NYC bagel (plain) imported by special
courrier, with no salt butter and *real* hand sliced to order lox from
the Appy, no stinkin' pre sliced/vacu-wrapped lurid orange wussy nova,
fresh-fake from the stupidmarket... oh, and two big mugs of super
strong 8 O'Clock Columbian from fresh ground beans... black! And no
sugar thank yoose... I'm sweet enough! LOL

Oy, shoulda thought to bring me a couple dem whole smoked whitefish...
luv em... next time, wit bialys.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 4, 10:31*am, Andy > wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton > wrote in news:5df1b313-0f0d-
> :
>
> > On Nov 4, 7:04*am, Andy > wrote:
> >> Geez it's Cold Breakfast!!!

> >> 36F. outdoors.

> > Shoot, Andy, that's nearly warm enough to open the windows.

> > I think it was a relatively balmy 31 F here. *We've had very
> > little frost this fall.

> > I had Cheerios, walnuts, banana, and 2% milk.

> > Cindy Hamilton

> Cindy,
>
> A long time ago, I believe there was an advertised microwaved grape nuts
> and milk version of their cereal. Walnuts and banana were probably also a
> good match!

Grape nuts. Yuck. If I want hot cereal, it's oatmeal with raisins,
walnuts,
butter, and brown sugar. But I usually eat that only when I'm
planning on
some kind of physical labor. Cheerios are good enough for sitting at
my
desk all day.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kalmia wrote:
> On Nov 4, 7:04 am, Andy > wrote:
>> Geez it's Cold Breakfast!!!
>>
>> 36F. outdoors.
>>
>> Might I suggest a p&s m&c?
>>
>> That's plain and simple mac and cheese and a fair dose of cayenne pepper.
>>
>> You?

> Three way cereal. Oatmeal, cream of wheat and grits. I toss in
> applesauce, cinnamon and yogurt to give it some taste.

Oatmeal OR Cream of Wheat. I toss in butter and brown sugar or
maple syrup for flavor.

gloria p