Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Grocery Circular Prices

Ranée at Arabian Knits wrote:
> So, I'm intrigued by what people pay for food.
>
> Our local ads came in today's paper. I list the highlights. These
> are conventionally grown veggies/fruit, but many of them local. Same
> with the meat, conventionally grown.
>
> Safeway has:
>
> 10 lbs of russets for $0.98, limit 2
> Whole Pork Loin $1.69 a pound
> Boneless Beef Round Steak $1.69 a pound
> 80% Lean Ground Beef for $1.69 a pound
> Boneless Pork Blade Roast $1.99 a pound
> Pork Tenderloin for $3.99 a pound
>

> Two local grocery stores had:
>
> Celery for $0.48 a pound
> Bartlett Pears for $0.48 a pound
> Granny Smith Apples for $0.38 a pound
> Avocados 3 for $1.00
> 1 lb bags of Peeled Baby Carrots $0.99 each
> Yukon Gold or Red Potatoes 15 lb bag for $3.99
> Sweet Potatoes for $0.99 a pound
> Bandon Medium Cheddar 2 lb block for $3.99
> Pork shoulder for $0.88 a pound
> Flank Steak $2.98 a pound
> Chicken Drumsticks and Thighs $0.98 a pound
> Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts $1.49 a pound
> Boneless Beef Sirloin Tip Roast $2.48 a pound
> Boneless Chuck/Rump/Baron of Beef Roast for $1.98 a pound
> Chicken Leg Quarters for $0.99 a pound
> Pork Steaks $1.58 a pound
> Raw 41-50 Count Prawns (frozen) for $3.98 a pound
> Cooked Salad Shrimp for $3.98 a pound
> Whole Tilapia for $0.98 a pound

I just checked my local (Stop and Shop) grocery flier and here are
some highlights:

Ground beef (80% lean) 2.99 per pound ( you have to buy at least 3
pounds)
Top round steak (London Broil) 2.99 per pound
Bottom round stew meat 3.49 per pound
Pork loin chops 1.99 per pound
Gala, Mac, apples .59 per pound
Chicken drumsticks, thighs or whole chicken .99 per pound
Organic celery hearts 2.49
Tilapia fillets 5.99 per pound ( I don't recall ever seeing whole
tilapia but I also don't eat fish so I have never looked for it either)
extra large (31-40) cooked shrimp 6.99 per pound
21-25 easy peel frozen shrimp 6.99 per pound

There was not a lot of produce in this weeks fliers but I can tell
you that avocados are usually 1.50 each sometimes more and rarely
less than 1.00 each. I can get baby carrots for 1.00 per bag - I
think it's a pound. Potatoes are usually .79 per pound loose or
maybe 2.50 for a 5 pound bag on sale - russets, red or yukon.

Also, flank steak is usually at least 6.99 per pound around here.
(Boston)
I can get chuck roasts - bone in and without for 1.99 per pound but
I have to drive to the Market Basket in New Hampshire. Otherwise
they are usually 3.99 per pound and rarely on sale at my local stores.
here's a link to the flier....

http://tinyurl.com/yf9l8vf

Tracy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 28, 11:50*am, Tracy > wrote:
> Ranée at Arabian Knits wrote:
>

> > * *So, I'm intrigued by what people pay for food. *

> > * *Our local ads came in today's paper. *I list the highlights. *These
> > are conventionally grown veggies/fruit, but many of them local. *Same
> > with the meat, conventionally grown. *

> > * *Safeway has:

> > * *10 lbs of russets for $0.98, limit 2
> > * *Whole Pork Loin $1.69 a pound
> > * *Boneless Beef Round Steak $1.69 a pound
> > * *80% Lean Ground Beef for $1.69 a pound
> > * *Boneless Pork Blade Roast $1.99 a pound
> > * *Pork Tenderloin for $3.99 a pound

> > * *Two local grocery stores had:

> > * *Celery for $0.48 a pound
> > * *Bartlett Pears for $0.48 a pound
> > * *Granny Smith Apples for $0.38 a pound
> > * *Avocados 3 for $1.00
> > * *1 lb bags of Peeled Baby Carrots $0.99 each
> > * *Yukon Gold or Red Potatoes 15 lb bag for $3.99
> > * *Sweet Potatoes for $0.99 a pound
> > * *Bandon Medium Cheddar 2 lb block for $3.99
> > * *Pork shoulder for $0.88 a pound
> > * *Flank Steak $2.98 a pound
> > * *Chicken Drumsticks and Thighs $0.98 a pound
> > * *Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts $1.49 a pound
> > * *Boneless Beef Sirloin Tip Roast $2.48 a pound
> > * *Boneless Chuck/Rump/Baron of Beef Roast for $1.98 a pound *
> > * *Chicken Leg Quarters for $0.99 a pound
> > * *Pork Steaks $1.58 a pound
> > * *Raw 41-50 Count Prawns (frozen) for $3.98 a pound
> > * *Cooked Salad Shrimp for $3.98 a pound
> > * *Whole Tilapia for $0.98 a pound

> I just checked my local (Stop and Shop) grocery flier and here are
> some highlights:
>
> Ground beef (80% lean) 2.99 per pound ( you have to buy at least 3
> pounds)
> Top round steak (London Broil) 2.99 per pound
> Bottom round stew meat 3.49 per pound
> Pork loin chops 1.99 per pound
> Gala, Mac, apples .59 per pound
> Chicken drumsticks, thighs or whole chicken .99 per pound
> Organic celery hearts 2.49
> Tilapia fillets 5.99 per pound ( I don't recall ever seeing whole
> tilapia but I also don't eat fish so I have never looked for it either)
> extra large (31-40) cooked shrimp 6.99 per pound
> 21-25 easy peel frozen shrimp 6.99 per pound
>
> There was not a lot of produce in this weeks fliers but I can tell
> you that avocados are usually 1.50 each sometimes more and rarely
> less than 1.00 each. I can get baby carrots for 1.00 per bag - I
> think it's a pound. Potatoes are usually .79 per pound loose or
> maybe 2.50 for a 5 pound bag on sale - russets, red or yukon.
>
> Also, flank steak is usually at least 6.99 per pound around here.
> (Boston)
> I can get chuck roasts - bone in and without for 1.99 per pound but
> I have to drive to the Market Basket in New Hampshire. Otherwise
> they are usually 3.99 per pound and rarely on sale at my local stores.
> here's a link to the flier....
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yf9l8vf
>
> Tracy

Superior Grocery (hispanic) has 10 lb bags of chicken legs & thighs fr
$.39/lb ($3.90 +/- per bag). this is the best price I've seen in a
very long tiime.

Harriet & critters in windy Azusa